Author Topic: Please come and SAVE the TAR page on Wikipedia.  (Read 25122 times)

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Please come and SAVE the TAR page on Wikipedia.
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2014, 12:37:30 AM »
Now Ryulong's keeping the hell away from the TAR pages discussion. Odd. ??? :res:
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2014, 01:49:04 AM »
Now Ryulong's keeping the hell away from the TAR pages discussion. Odd. ??? :res:

As long as he keeps away from the TAR pages in general. Good.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2014, 10:06:46 PM »
I might as well bring up the other issue here for discussion too.

As you may notice, the race Legs on Wikipedia always have a header that says something along the lines of "Leg 6 (Spain > France)

Even some complex legs are headed such as "Leg 9 (Switzerland > Malaysia > Singapore)"

And yet for some reason, Ryulong REFUSES to acknowledge TAR25's visit to Sweden in the header, even though Sweden fielded an actual Route Info Marker AND an actual task. This makes me unbelievably frustrated, what do you guys think?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2014, 10:11:05 PM »
And look at this:

Leg 7 (Morocco → Austria & Germany)

:gaah:
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2014, 10:27:26 PM »
I might as well bring up the other issue here for discussion too.

As you may notice, the race Legs on Wikipedia always have a header that says something along the lines of "Leg 6 (Spain > France)

Even some complex legs are headed such as "Leg 9 (Switzerland > Malaysia > Singapore)"

And yet for some reason, Ryulong REFUSES to acknowledge TAR25's visit to Sweden in the header, even though Sweden fielded an actual Route Info Marker AND an actual task. This makes me unbelievably frustrated, what do you guys think?

He does this because removing Sweden from the header gives it a cleaner look, in favor of not saying Sweden was visited for one task.

I think this spurred when TARP's Leg 2 route went like this: Metro Manila > Cavite > Batangas > Cavite > Batangas. And combined with his hatred for Ford & the justification that unaired one-off visits to Vatican City and Botswana in season 1 isn't included in the header, he just reformated everything.

I think headers like Morocco > Austria & Germany for season 3 is justifiable, but his removal of Sweden from the header in TAR 25 is just  :res:
I'm gonna fight 'em all

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2014, 11:40:16 PM »
Maybe what could be done is rather than doing things like "Metro Manila -> Cavite -> Batangas -> Cavite -> Batangas" and "Scotland, United Kingdom -> Denmark -> Sweden -> Denmark", it could be "Metro Manila -> Batangas (and Cavite)" and "Scotland -> Denmark (and Sweden)"? I agree the long titles don't work, but doing just Pit Stop to Pit Stop also makes no sense (especially in cases like the Germany-plus-Austria legs in TAR3 and TAR14), and neither does simply saying "Germany and Austria" because of that HMLM leg that would be presented as "Hungary -> Bosnia and Herzegovina and Croatia" under that format.

I second going back to the old format, but I actually like having the task markers before the destinations. My understanding is that it was only done when it required going from the clue to the task at a different place (see the Detours where two locations are listed), which makes sense to me. The indents for Fast Forwards annoy me more, when we could just put the Fast Forward logo before the task location. (The other option would be copying Survivor's format and splitting it up into three parts - a location list, a task guide, and then a summary of what actually happens in the episode - but that'd be far too much work.)

I also think we need to come up with an easy way to tell what actually IS a task. Detours and Road Blocks and whatever are obvious, but where do we draw the line with Route Info tasks? Is "drive yourself here" a task while "take a taxi here" isn't? Was it an actual task in season one for teams to work out that Songwe Museum was in Songwe Village, or that the Eiffel-Tower-like model they got later in that same leg represented the real Eiffel Tower? Is finding a cluegiver in a specific costume at the set location any different from the recent change of locally-inspired clue vessels? And so on.

Edit: **cough**.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 12:42:32 AM by tarflyonthewall »

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2014, 05:17:35 AM »
Hallelujah. He finally yielded and agreed to cut up those large paragraphs into smaller paragraphs, and add Sweden to the header for leg 4. God, if this is how much it needs to take to make those small changes, what would happen if a big edit needs to come.
I'm gonna fight 'em all

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2014, 06:35:03 AM »
I really hope the one style is restated soon

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2014, 01:48:36 AM »
I wish It was England Scotland Wales Northern Ireland and not the UK  (:;)

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2014, 08:39:14 AM »
I wish It was England Scotland Wales Northern Ireland and not the UK  (:;)

I have to disagree. United Kingdom is one country by international standards. Separating it into four would just be due to personal preference.
I'm gonna fight 'em all

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2014, 09:29:11 PM »
You're all welcome. :P

I'd split the UK up too. People remember those legs as "the England leg" or "the Scotland leg", not "the United Kingdom leg".

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2014, 02:33:35 PM »

I'd split the UK up too. People remember those legs as "the England leg" or "the Scotland leg", not "the United Kingdom leg".

Yes it's wierd I consider myself British but I live in England

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2014, 03:49:41 PM »

Yes it's wierd I consider myself British but I live in England
Shouldn't you, though? In my experience, British people are from England :P
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2014, 06:22:38 PM »
For anyone who wants to know the differences between United Kingdom, England, and the Great Britain :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNu8XDBSn10

One correction though: "Republic of Ireland" is actually officially named as only "Ireland", unlike what the video said. :)
I'm gonna fight 'em all

Offline Pi/

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2014, 10:08:42 PM »
^^^ CGP Grey! Favorite YouTuber  :hoot:
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2014, 06:33:32 AM »
^^^ CGP Grey! Favorite YouTuber  :hoot:
He is a "top 5 baby" youtuber for me. Watch his videos and his "Hello Internet" podcast that he does with Brady Haran from many, many youtube channles.

Ok enough CGP Gray love, back to the issue at hand. I feel like that the 4 countries of the UK are just that (dispute the fact that they are under one system). So they should be treated as a regular country in the wiki page.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 06:37:27 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline TAR789

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2014, 07:29:00 AM »
OMG Ryulong seriously  (:;)
He just changed all leg titles from "Leg 7 (Morocco -> Italy)" to "Episode 7 "Pretty Fly For a Food Scientist""

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2014, 09:12:33 AM »
He's just a giant crybaby. :res: :res: :res: :res: :res: :res: :res:
He won't admit that Sweden is part of Leg 4 so he just changed everything since he knew he already lost.
I'm gonna fight 'em all

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2014, 09:40:12 AM »
:funny: Apparently, Ryulong's a target of the 'Operation 5 Horsemen'. They are targeted for biased editing of the Gamergate controversy page, among others. :funny:

http://pastebin.com/60iFkCX5
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 09:45:04 AM by Karpov617 »
I'm gonna fight 'em all

Offline amazing1604

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2014, 11:07:02 AM »
The new wiki page is just a complete mess. That guy is just... :res:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2014, 01:49:06 PM »
Ryulong ‏@Ryulong 12 hHá 12 horas

People are edit warring with me over the format of the ****ing amazing race pages because I don't think the trip to sweden counts in the end
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Pi/

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2014, 03:00:16 PM »
Notice that it's about what he thinks.  :res:

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2014, 11:31:12 AM »
For anyone who wants to know the differences between United Kingdom, England, and the Great Britain :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNu8XDBSn10

One correction though: "Republic of Ireland" is actually officially named as only "Ireland", unlike what the video said. :)

I have seen that video many times and it's awesome  :funny:

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2014, 10:35:24 PM »
The thing is, his entire argument about changing the format is because some people can't read the hover text on the Detour and Road Block items? Just put them in the descriptions. The Detour titles are there anyway, so they're irrelevant, and the new format he's proposing doesn't actually do anything about the Fast Forwards and Speed Bumps, so literally this entire thing is happening because he's whining about not getting to see the Road Block hints. And it's not too hard to add them in brackets after the intro bit, like "In this leg's Road Block, the chosen team member (who has strong legs and keen eyes) must..."

Whiny-ass baby. Ahem.

Offline Pi/

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2014, 10:56:17 AM »
At least the international version pages are still intact!