Author Topic: TAR 25 East Coast EP 4 SHOW updates and commentary!  (Read 20418 times)

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
Re: TAR 25 East Coast EP 4 SHOW updates and commentary!
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2014, 08:02:28 PM »
omg omg omg I really love this episode <333

Kym & Alli won a leg <333

Dentists' meltdown <3333

Shelley & Nici <333

And the preview for the next leg Shelley goddesses <33333
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2014, 08:03:06 PM »
ARE YOU KIDDING ME THEY GET TO KEEP THE SAVE :(

But I am VERY shocked they actually came in last! VERY.

Because technically they didn't actually use it. If you put US$1,000 on a table for me and I gave it back to you, it's still yours.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2014, 08:03:13 PM »
I'm sorry but I'm mad The Save didn't get burnt - yes it was an NEL but they get to keep it after racing horribly? Nuh-uh, at least if they played it, there would be no Speed Bump in the next leg or something

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2014, 08:04:00 PM »
I'm sorry but I'm mad The Save didn't get burnt - yes it was an NEL but they get to keep it after racing horribly? Nuh-uh, at least if they played it, there would be no Speed Bump in the next leg or something

I agree with this...

TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2014, 08:05:27 PM »
ARE YOU KIDDING ME THEY GET TO KEEP THE SAVE :(

But I am VERY shocked they actually came in last! VERY.

Because technically they didn't actually use it. If you put US$1,000 on a table for me and I gave it back to you, it's still yours.

Lol, I know... but like MrDS said, they don't deserve it after running such a leg... At least make a twist like removing their Speed Bump should a case like this happen. Plus, I don't like them.

This GUARANTEES them another NEL before Leg 9. I reaaaally don't like it when teams get 2 NEL's.

Anyway, yay for Kym & Alli being the first F/F team to win since TAR 22's Pam & Winnie!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2014, 08:23:13 PM »
This was a great leg with four difficult tasks (Active Route Marker with the driving, Detours and the Roadblock), any one of which could scramble the teams, and taken together, they all got a serving of humble pie.
I'm surprised no one mentioned the Great Dane that wanted to make out with Phil. (Yes, those are Great Danes, the largest of all of the dog breeds) and I'm starting to think there may be a another possible finish line task with the dog breeds.)   :)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 10:13:31 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2014, 08:25:31 PM »
Wait a minute??? Phil was not mention to Dentist they need to complete the Speed Bump next leg!!!  :o

So NO speed bump for the dentist next leg?
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2014, 08:27:26 PM »
Okay, my complete episode review...

Honestly, the tasks this season have been great! None of the tasks have been " :res: "-worthy, they've all been quite interesting and fun to watch.

The geography task was a nice touch. Reminded me of the Express Pass task in Leg 2. Wonder if this sort of thing is going to continue.

Phil on location with Kym & Alli ... awkward :lol: just like the past stand-in's

& Self-driving again  :hrt:

Onto the teams...
1. Kym & Alli - Finally a strong F/F team! First F/F team to win a leg since TAR 22's Pam & Winnie (although Caroline & Jennifer deserved at least one win last season :( ) But anyway, they're fun to watch.
2. Brooke & Robbie - HANDYMAN. That's all I have to say :funny: & Don't forget Robbie's performance at the Roadblock :lol: But such a nice change to see them in the top! Hopefully they can snatch a win soon. Just pick the right Detour and don't freak out when something goes wrong... and they could do extremely well.
3. Keith & Whitney - They've been doing pretty well these past 2 or 3 legs... don't really remember anything from them this leg  ???
4. Amy & Maya - Just like last leg, they finished all tasks in 2nd and fell to mid-pack? Except this week, nothing was shown about their fall. Probably navigational issues again. But Maya collapsing to the floor when she completed the Roadblock was hilarious.
5. Tim & Te Jay - I feel like we're not shown enough of them :( It's weird to know they were in 2nd in the first leg and now they're just slowly finishing in the back/mid-pack. But they did a great job recovering from their later flight.
6. Shelley & Nici:hearts: :hearts: :conf: @ them beating Misti & Jim!!!! But I hope they overcome their communication issues :( We still managed to get a scream this episode though :lol:
7. Adam & Bethany - Wow, I wasn't expecting them to fall this far behind. Bethany & her little moments are so funny. Adam is a smart guy and is doing a good job carrying the team.
8. Misti & Jim - I'm really angry/upset that they get to keep the Save. Okay... this might come from the fact that I don't like them, but like MrDS said, at least make the Save so that it could burn a Speed Bump should a team arrive in last on a NEL. This leg was basically what Dave & Rachel went through in Leg 3, only Misti & Jim actually came in last! :o That "Dominant" flashback to 36 hours ago made me :res:

So weird seeing the top 2 teams become the bottom 2 teams from one leg to the next. That doesn't happen very often...

Such great tasks, colorful teams... but there's one thing that keeps killing the episodes for me: the editing!!!  :gaah:  (:;) Idk if you guys got used to the random cuts to teams without Phil actually calling placements, but it really bothers me.

LOVE: Kym & Alli, Brooke & Robbie, Adam & Bethany
LIKE: Keith & Whitney, Amy & Maya, Tim & Te Jay, Shelley & Nici
NEUTRAL: Misti
DISLIKE:
HATE: Jim
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 08:55:06 PM by RaceUntilWeDie »

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2014, 08:36:07 PM »
Wait a minute??? Phil was not mention to Dentist they need to complete the Speed Bump next leg!!!  :o

So NO speed bump for the dentist next leg?
They might have to face a Speed Bump.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2014, 08:46:38 PM »
Alternate Episode Titles:
"I Called Myself a Waitress" - Robbie

Can't remember anything else  ???

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2014, 08:48:56 PM »
LEG 4 (Scotland, UK --> Denmark --> Sweden --> Denmark) EPISODE ANALYSIS
BETTER TITLE QUOTE: "She Still Owes Me an Apology" ~ Shelley
How do I start with tonight? Hallelujah for a Detour + Roadblock Leg this season, but the conclusion of the episode was simply... :res:. The eight remaining teams set off on the next step of the adventure flying to the city of Copenhagen in Denmark. While on Danish land (and touching Sweden lightly), we saw teams vying for fuel efficiency, eyes for detail, and emotional and egotistical meltdowns. While I thoroughly enjoyed the brief visit in Sweden and much of the main tasks, I was disappointed how low editing stooped tonight.

DETOUR: (Parking Lot Tailgate or Towering Wedding Cake)
In Parking Lot Tailgate, similarly to TAR18's final task, teams had to set up a roadside lounge using only a flyer to arrange the furniture. What lacked in originality made up for in modifications - a 30-minute allotted time and a seemingly tougher replication. Don't forget that Misti & Jim had to switch to the other option because of their lack of attention to detail. In Towering Wedding Cake, teams had to finish icing a Danish multi-layered cake and then deliver the bulky pastry by Bullitt bike along with a receipt to a restaurant. Again, this task was quite the challenge, sending Brooke (a pro wrestler) in pain holding together the heavy structure. With teams' towers toppling over by the slightest bumps, the task became the "filling of a strawberry danish" in this episode.
DETOUR SCORE: 10/10

ROADBLOCK: (Who is the sandwich king?")
A potentially "impossible" challenge to mix team placements a lot, the waiter concept of this Roadblock played it softer than I had anticipated. Though the teams advanced the task with their humor and miniscule errors, I only wish teams had to make the sandwiches then serve their respective clients strictly to enforce a more daunting experience. Other than that, I thought the Roadblock presented a decent source of laughter with a complementary side order of triumph.
ROADBLOCK SCORE: 9.5/10

OTHER SCORES:
TEAM DEVELOPMENT: 8/10
TEAM DRAMA: 9/10
TEAM HUMOR: 9/10
EDITING: 5/10 (It went from bad to great to worse.)
SOUNDTRACK: 7/10 (Played at better times, but lacked suspense.)
PIT STOP CONFIGURATION: 0/10 (Horrible, horrible! I hate the new Pit Stop editing. It's like the PS isn't even an important race icon anymore. I can't even...)
REGARDING THE SAVE: -1/10 (I never want to see the Save ever again on TAR after this season. The rules of the Save cardboard are so vague yet powerful that it makes the Double Express Pass twist appear angelic. Believe me, I started doing a victory dance when I first heard the DEP were out of the picture this season. If the frickin' card is spent on a non-elimination Leg, it deserves to be spent and wasted, not returned back like a freebie! It's not a video game where you get a hundred chances to redeem yourself!)
NICI MELTDOWN: 9/10 (Immature reactions on Nici's behalf, but I feel it's what the episode needed.)
OVERALL: 6.5/10

It's a shame editing and Save exposure killed an overall 9/10 score because I loved the tasks and each team this episode. :(
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 08:56:44 PM by RachelLeVega »
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2014, 09:06:27 PM »
They should have a twist where a team that has the save and arrives last must hand the save to another team.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2014, 09:21:38 PM »
I thought this episode was the best in recent memory..

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2014, 09:36:10 PM »
I thought this episode was the best in recent memory..
THIS
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2014, 11:14:31 PM »
:lol: at the way this leg's route is depicted on Wikipedia

Leg 4 (United Kingdom → Denmark → Sweden → Denmark)

It looks rather odd but it's the truth.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2014, 11:23:38 PM »
I forgot to wake up. :gaah:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2014, 11:40:10 PM »
:lol: at the way this leg's route is depicted on Wikipedia

Leg 4 (United Kingdom → Denmark → Sweden → Denmark)

It looks rather odd but it's the truth.
TAR3
Leg 7 (Morocco → Germany → Austria → Germany)
 :lol:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2014, 01:09:34 AM »
Yay I actually got to watch the episode earlier than I usually did!!!

-This is a very great leg. You can really pick your pace with the detour, whether you want to go all physical or mental. The Roadblock was okay I guess.  I am surprised Bethany elected to not perform this one.

-So far this is what I have thought of every single team:

#TheSurfers : still very comepetent racers, not so much on a mental challenge I suppose. I want to see more of them though cause they've only had some very good supporting roles for a while now.

#TheCyclists : this leg they were so ahead. I honestly thought they already checked in before any other teams landed on Copenhagen. Such a strong a female-female team hope they keep it up

#SweetScientists : they picked the mental pattern of this leg and I was not surprised they were in 2nd prior to checking in at the pit-stop. I was so mad though they finished 4th probably getting lost before finding the pit-stop. We could have 2 female-female teams as top 2 this leg. Like the surfers I need to see more of them.

#CollegeSweethearts : Honestly I don't know. We never really get to see them at all in the last 4 episodes. They are the least exposed team so far.

#MotherDaugther : Like'em but to be quiet honest I don't think their whole schnenigan this leg was too necessary to be put on the episode. They clearly had something going on in each episode.

#TeamNashville : The team that I mostly want to see in the final 3. I was surprised they actually did very very well as the race progresses. They've got to win a leg. Hopefully this next one with the W-Turn!!!

#TheWrestlers : I call it from the beginning if one team is gonna entertain me this season it's them lol. They're the funny underdogs except when they are not the Underdog they become more entertaining and they don't like, rub it on your face, something you should have expected coming from this team

#TheDentists : they screwed up! And it's a friggin' NEL! Oh shoot me will ya! Jim seemed so vile and cocky this episode but I believe it was more of the editing worrks towards them. Guess the editors found their villains this season lol. Most likely getting U-turned next leg to make sure they were last again and the Safe was burnt.

Next in leg in Morroco oh yay! This is a new country for me. Did they go to Morroco before??? And these teams would be too moronic not to U-turn the dentist now since they will have a speedbump for the upcoming leg. But if it were me I would U-turn Adam and Bethany. A team with an Express Pass is always dangerous to have around because they can actually pick any moment to pull ahead.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2014, 01:36:15 AM »

Next in leg in Morroco oh yay! This is a new country for me. Did they go to Morroco before??? And these teams would be too moronic not to U-turn the dentist now since they will have a speedbump for the upcoming leg. But if it were me I would U-turn Adam and Bethany. A team with an Express Pass is always dangerous to have around because they can actually pick any moment to pull ahead.

I think they did go to Morocco before. I don't know when though haha.

And I literally forgot Adam/Bethany had the Express Pass :lol: They don't mention it at all!

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2014, 01:38:01 AM »
TAR did go to Morocco in TAR 3 and TAR 10.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2014, 01:38:33 AM »
also Maya's 2nd attempt at the Roadblock when she walked to that lady saying "we got it, we got it" and stopped then walked right back in, DEAD lol!!!!  :funny:

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2014, 01:42:02 AM »
And I literally forgot Adam/Bethany had the Express Pass :lol: They don't mention it at all!

them being silent about it is what makes it dangerous. If they can get away next leg with still having the pass I will be very impressed!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2014, 02:15:30 AM »
I SHOULDN'T HAVE SPOILED MYSELF. OMG.

THIS COULD HAVE BEEN A POTENTIAL EPIC LEG. ZOMG.

WHY DID I SPOIL MYSELF.

#BURNJOBBYBURNYOURSELF

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2014, 02:47:30 AM »
I SHOULDN'T HAVE SPOILED MYSELF. OMG.

THIS COULD HAVE BEEN A POTENTIAL EPIC LEG. ZOMG.

WHY DID I SPOIL MYSELF.

#BURNJOBBYBURNYOURSELF

It was an epic leg! :D
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2014, 03:12:26 AM »
The save is to be turned in to escape from elimination, a non-elimination is by definition not an elimination, therefore there was no need to hand in the save.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move