Author Topic: TARLA 6 LIVE (and later) SHOW Discussion Ep1 TODAY!  (Read 5180 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
TARLA 6 LIVE (and later) SHOW Discussion Ep1 TODAY!
« on: October 06, 2014, 09:54:23 AM »
HAPPY

THE AMAZING RACE

LATIN AMERICA 6

PREMIERE DAY!

:conf: :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TARLA 6 LIVE (and later) SHOW Discussion Ep1 TODAY!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 11:04:35 AM »
IMPORTANT! Even though we are a spoiler board, we do NOT want to have the episode spoiled while it is airing.

SO PLEASE ** NO  OUTCOMES **

Anyone breaking the rule is in BIG trouble.  :browsie:

And NO future spoilers either!
 Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

If you are unable to watch LIVE, please be aware that this thread WILL contain spoilers, so proceed at your own risk.  :oh

Canadians, PLEASE help update as the show unfolds! We hope everyone will join in the fun!! :wohoo:

We are NOT at all hopeful of having a live stream, if we do there will be a separate thread. But...don't get your hopes up.

And you can entertain yourself with our spoiler threads as well while you wait! **Spoilers**

Have FUN everyone and :tu for joining us!!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 12:28:12 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 04:43:16 PM »
Open for business!  :)

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 04:57:32 PM »
The beginning of the premiere is schedule for 7.07pm (5.07 BT)

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 05:16:56 PM »
And here we go!

We are in the middle of the world, Quito Ecuador, the place where the world divide into 2.

From this place start the new season of The Amazing Race.

Toya presents Jaime Arenallo who made a resemble of the city.

11 teams start a new race through the country in order to win 100 thousand dollars.

Intro.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 05:23:52 PM »
Everybody came with a goal: winning The Amazing Race.

Teams intro.

Stefania & Felipe, married, from La Serena, Chile.

Dina & Christian, friends, from Guayaquil, Ecuador.

Javier & Nicolás, friends, from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Claudia & David, friends, from Cuernavaca, Mexico.

Sonia & Gabriel, friends, from Bogotá, Colombia.

Carlos & Orlando, friends, from Mérida, Venezuela.

Geovanni & Juan Carlos, from Guayaquil, Ecuador.

Clara & Delfina, sisters, from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Juan & Cecilia, father & daughter, from Guadalajara, Mexico.

Jenny & Martin, married, from Santa Marta, Colombia.

Vantroy & Ana, friends, from Caracas, Venezuela.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 05:26:05 PM »
Starting line in an airport strip is kinda cool to be honest... little crowded though.

Also YOU KNOW the teams got on the chopper just to get out of it  :funny:

daeys

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 05:28:29 PM »
No link then?

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 05:34:51 PM »
Welcome to the race.

13 legs has the race. The winner of the first leg earn 2 Express Pass (1 for them to use before the end of leg 8, the second one must be surrender before leg 5)

SLT: Search the correct logo of Ecuador Turismo between the dancers near the starting line. Once found it, take it to Toya & Jaime to receive the first clue.

Ana & Vantroy first.

Clue:Go to the Quito teleferiQo (cableway) and go to the top to find the next clue.

Dina & Cristian and Claudia & David next. Clara & Delfina fourth. Sonia & Gabriel fifth. Javier & Nicolas sixth.

Juan Carlos & Geovanni and Stefania & Felipe got the correct dancer. Next Cecilia & Juan and Martín & Jenny. Carlos & Orlando last.

Taxi race to the station. All teams in the lead bunched.

Ecuador teams fight in the cableway line. Juan Carlos & Geovanni say that they're ecuadorians and don't let anybody else pass. Dina & Christian say they're Ecuadorian too, but people don't believe them. They tell them to remember this moment.

Comercial.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 09:37:30 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 05:35:56 PM »
No link then?

The links is from the signal that is aired for the Pacific. 2 hours later.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 05:43:13 PM »
And back...

Ecuadorian teams arguing. People finally let Dina & Christian pass. Claudia & David in the first gondola. Ecuadorian teams in the next two. Clara & Delfina in fourth sharing the gondola with a biker.

Ecuadorian friends say they didn't mean to slow down the other Ecuadorian team but the rest of the other teams.

Roadblock: Who has more balance? Descend in bike the Cerro Cruz Loma. When reach the bottom, will receive the next clue. Partner must travel back on the same cableway to the finish zone.

Claudia doing the RB, and fell right after departing. Dina is doing it. Carlos is doing it. Clara do it. Nicolas perform the task. Sonia, Ana, Felipe and Cecilia do the task.

Carlos & Orlando are just arriving while the partners are travelling back to the end of the route.

Martin and Orlando do the RB.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 07:16:08 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 05:53:52 PM »
Geovanni & Juan Carlos in first.

RI: make their way on taxi to the beginning of the La Ronda street near the intersection with Paredes street in Morales.

Nicolas & Javier in second. Stefania & Felipe in third. Claudia can break at a curve and hit the ground badly. Martin & Jenny in fourth.

Ecuadorian friends at the intersection.

RI: pick a doll and carry it along La Ronda street until the Boulevard 25 de Mayo. One of them must go inside the doll but both can change places. Once arrived they'll receive a tablet with the next clue.

Ana & Vantroy in fifth. Juan & Cecilia in sixth. Clara & Delfina in seventh.

Geovanni & Juan Carlos find a violinist and think she's the cluegiver wrongly and think a song is the clue. They finally arrive to the right place and get the clue in a tablet.

RI: MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE PIT STOP, THE "PALACIO DE CRISTAL" AT ITCHIMBIA CULTURAL CENTRE AND ENTER THROUGH THE IQUiQUE DOOR. The last team to arrive may be eliminated.

At the bike, Orlando & Carlos finish in eighth. Sonia & Gabriel in ninth. Dina & Christian in tenth and Claudia & David in last.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 07:19:53 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 05:58:11 PM »
Ecuadorian friends cabbie can't find the right door.

Race to the PS between Nicolás & Javier and Stefania & Felipe with the ecuadorian friends nowhere to be seen.

Stefania & Felipe outrun the two leading teams and win the leg! They get the 2 Express Pass. Nicolás & Felipe are team number 2.

Some drivers don't know where is the Cultural Centre  :groan:

Commercial.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 06:19:03 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 06:08:25 PM »
And the race continues...

Some of the cab drives don't have any idea of where is the PS located.

Finally Geovanni & Juan Carlos arrive to the PS, checking in third place. Juan Carlos is pissed about losing first place due to the cab driver.

All teams doing the doll task. Juan & Cecilia end it in sixth. Clara & Delfina get the clue in seventh.

Jenny & Martin check in fourth. Juan & Cecilia check in fifth. Clara & Delfina in sixth.
Carlos & Orlando do a comeback and check in seventh place.

Ana & Vantroy are still lost.

Claudia is still in pain on the taxi.

Sonia & Gabriel arrive in position eight.

Claudia & David secure the ninth position.

Race for sparing elimination!

Christian & Dina are team number tenth.

Ana & Vantroy arrive in last place. They're eliminated from the race. Vantroy hugs Ana and say it was an external factor. They say the opportunity has no equal.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 06:09:46 PM »
And, of course (why was I waiting something different from last season?) no preview.  :groan:

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 06:26:33 PM »
And, of course (why was I waiting something different from last season?) no preview.  :groan:

hahahaha same here...

I'm actually surprised by the elimination... at least until the taxi ride to the Palacio de Cristal everything seemed to point out Carlos&Orlando or David&Audi to be eliminated... Ana&Vantroy's elimination came out of nowhere... which is good IMO

Overall the episode was OK... wish we could've seen more of the roadblock but with all the gear on it was hard to make up who was who... and the editing highlighted all the teams equally or at least I didn't notice if someone was missing for a long period of time...

I'm so glad that the chilean team Stefania&Felipe got the express passes, they are the only team from a country with no other representative... otherwise we would've seen the same thing again where teams from the same country have an automatic alliance... at least now there could be an alliance between different countries to spice thing up...

daeys

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2014, 08:21:27 PM »
Thanks for the link, Alenaveda.

Some thoughts:
* on the descent from the mountain, team placement was incorrect.
* I'll never be casted on this show. Only the Mexican dad is older than me.  :funny:
* There's no need for a second host.
* Too many "friends" teams.
* the tablet with the clue was lazy. They could've come up with something better for a Claro product placement.
* If I ever go to Ecuador, I need to ask the taxi driver if he knows where he's going before getting in the taxi!

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2014, 08:27:32 PM »
I hope it's not me wrong. :lol: But I still have a flashback of one of the teams arriving at the end of the biker course and the graph saying they were team number 10 when you could see the other team members waiting.

daeys

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2014, 08:32:57 PM »
I hope it's not me wrong. :lol: But I still have a flashback of one of the teams arriving at the end of the biker course and the graph saying they were team number 10 when you could see the other team members waiting.

Yes, you're right. I noticed.

Also noticed the Venezuelan gay couple was labeled as "friends". Very odd.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2014, 05:54:20 PM »
i hate male host love intro what deal with so much commercicails

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2014, 06:29:53 PM »

Yes, you're right. I noticed.

Also noticed the Venezuelan gay couple was labeled as "friends". Very odd.

And here's my flashback!  :funny:

Jenny & Martin finished the RB in 4th place not in 10th  :gaah:

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2014, 08:32:16 PM »
* There's no need for a second host.

* the tablet with the clue was lazy. They could've come up with something better for a Claro product placement.

Yes, Jaime Arellano may as well be a walking lamp post as he's spoke only once at the beginning of the pitstop! What an unequal partnership!!! :(

I think the tablet is just pure additional advertising as Claro can be seen on the racers pouch bag!

Btw, thanks to Alenaveda for the running commentary.

The doll task scenes are just too rushed as compared to the earlier scenes & the haphazard PS shots may be good for suspense but I sensed a lost of the timeline!

Having said that, the format of TAR Philippines 2 is also different - they showed the scenes of all racers completing the task before moving to the next one thereby messing with the timeline! Maybe I'm used to the format used by TAR US editions where the scenes shown are almost following the actual time sequence, ala "24", the TV series... :)