Author Topic: Rank the HD Seasons  (Read 34903 times)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Re: Rank the HD Seasons
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2015, 02:33:27 AM »
It really depends on what you look for in a season whether it be entertaining teams, great route, interesting tasks or decent winners. I don't 100% agree with anyone's ranking here, which makes me ask what aspects of the race makes a season more enjoyable for you?

The cast is the most important thing, it made TAR21 (well the boot order is more to credit in TAR21 than anything else) bearable instead of ohmygodhorrid.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 03:03:06 AM »
It really depends on what you look for in a season whether it be entertaining teams, great route, interesting tasks or decent winners. I don't 100% agree with anyone's ranking here, which makes me ask what aspects of the race makes a season more enjoyable for you?

The cast is the most important thing, it made TAR21 (well the boot order is more to credit in TAR21 than anything else) bearable instead of ohmygodhorrid.

This is also why TAR 24 is the worst season in HD so far. TAR24 might have some interesting task (Malaysia 2 Detour and some tasks in Sri Lanka IMO) but could not make up for the horrible cast (Threepeaters and many deserved teams are snubbed out), predictable boot order, and the horrible route (First 8 Legs only cover 4 countries, Western Europe overdose IMO, rumour Africa/Oceania leg cancelled.)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 03:10:52 AM by 91zycn »
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2015, 03:59:55 AM »

tar24 had approximately zero of these things so everyone should put it last pronto (what^^said)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2015, 05:52:45 AM »

tar24 had approximately zero of these things so everyone should put it last pronto (what^^said)
TAR24 had some likeable teams but none of them made it far
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2015, 06:27:44 AM »
TAR25>TAR22>TAR18 are pretty much Top Tier seasons, then there would be a gap with TAR23>TAR20>TAR19, and then place 21>24 in some of the worst seasons ever.

Regarding TAR21 though, the cast was pretty solid (upon rewatch I liked almost everyone except the winners and the monster truckers as well as the first boots :lol:) but the legs overall and winner just left a really bad taste after the season aired. If they had a better winner (any of the entire final six tbh) and legs, the season could easily have been one of my favorite seasons ever. The only leg I fully remember was the Finale as well as the hot mess of Shanghai 1 <3 :lol:

I would definitely say that entertaining teams can't carry a season on their own, the same way a good route and tasks can't carry a good season (TAR Philippines Season 2 :res:).

I definitely think the best seasons are the ones that have a "little bit" of entertaining teams, great route, amazing tasks, a good (not necessarily the best team) winner, and a little bit extra added regarding a few of those factors.

I mean, TAR8 was a perfect example of that, and I don't even know why it's considered one of the "worst seasons ever". Sure they were only in the USA, but the cast was really good, we had decent winners, and for what it was worth, the US had some good tasks.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2015, 06:43:05 AM »
I liked Shanghai as a premiere ngl

(You liked Gary & will gross)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2015, 07:30:11 AM »
I mean, TAR8 was a perfect example of that, and I don't even know why it's considered one of the "worst seasons ever". Sure they were only in the USA, but the cast was really good, we had decent winners, and for what it was worth, the US had some good tasks.

I agree as I loved TAR 8 mainly because of the cast, but the tasks themselves in the US were not good and about 75% of them were linear so it's a big stretch to say the tasks were good

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2015, 07:32:13 AM »
The tasks weren't good except for the New Orleans leg or whichever had prawns and Panama/Costa Rica

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2015, 08:32:39 AM »
I liked Shanghai as a premiere ngl

(You liked Gary & will gross)

Yeah I semi-did on rewatch, they weren't as bad :lol:

I agree as I loved TAR 8 mainly because of the cast, but the tasks themselves in the US were not good and about 75% of them were linear so it's a big stretch to say the tasks were good

hence the word some :P

I actually really liked Leg 2 to 3 [Civil War Detour and Shrimp Detour] as well as Panama/Costa Rica's entirety <3

Finale was also not bad <3
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 08:36:14 AM by gamerfan09 »

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2015, 02:55:36 PM »

Ranking HD Season:
1) TAR18, TAR23 (tie)
3) TAR20
4) TAR19, TAR21 (tie)
6) TAR22
7) TAR24 (Worst season I ever watched in HD  :gaah: , total bottom ranking)

Update:

(25>18) >>>>>> (19=22>21=23>20) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 24 (Worst season I ever watched in HD :gaah: , total bottom ranking)

BUMP

Update 2.0 upon re-watched the HD season during TAR off weeks.

(25>>>18) >>>>>> (19<<>>22 interchangeable) >>>>>> 23 >>>>>(*26 with only 4 legs) >>>>>> 20 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 21 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 24 (No doubt it was still the one of the worst season ever in TAR history. :lol: )

* Another update after the TAR 26 finished broadcasting.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 09:22:44 AM by naejae91 »
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2015, 01:27:25 PM »
1.) TAR 18
2.) TAR 25
3.) TAR 26 - With only 4 Legs, I've shocked myself that this is so high up my list!  :hoot:
4.) TAR 19
5.) TAR 21
6.) TAR 23
7.) TAR 22
8.) TAR 24
9.) TAR 20
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2015, 02:41:44 PM »
1- TAR 25
Cast, route, twists were great. Really fun to watch.
2-TAR 22
Cast was great. It got boring at the end.
3- TAR 18
Challenging and fun To watch.
4- TAR 23
Loved the route and drama.
5- TAR 21
Delivered here and there
6- TAR 20
Loved route and tasks but Rachel ruined it.
7- TAR 26
The leg designs, ratings , editing are a mess.
8- TAR 19
Just boring.
9- TAR 24
Well...................... The cast was colorful at the start.
It was a trainwreck head to toe with few memorable moments.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2015, 03:14:01 PM »
7- TAR 26
The leg designs, ratings , editing are a mess.

Why do ratings influence your opinion on a season?

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2015, 12:24:45 AM »
As of today, TAR26 is in the lower quartile of my rankings while TAR25 holds the top spot. The list is looking like this:

25>19>23>18>20>22>26>21>>>[2 hrs later]>>>24

Season 25 is a blast of fresh air for me with its intriguing, entertaining cast, a wonderfully designed route, tasks that challenged teams well on all levels rather than feeding their vacation interests, and a very unpredictable run until the finale end credits. I enjoyed the entire Denmark/Sweden episode and highly praise the tasks and editing crew for delivering Malta and Singapore. Even though the "interactive" Pit Stop editing became an issue, my admiration for the tasks, teams, excitement, and travel route fills up that discrepancy.

Season 26, so far, isn't giving me much enthusiasm even compared to the aggressive alphas of 20. My major problem with this season is the cast. I understand Bertram & Elise wanted to try something different, but to me the only teams that are actually making this season look interesting are Mike & Rochelle, Hayley & Blair, and Aly & Steve (I just realized they sound like Steve & Allie from TAR16... :ascared). It stinks Jeff & Lyda were eliminated earlier than I had expected. The blind dates are also not working as already one team has literally drifted separate ways and the rest will sadly count on misfortune to milk some solid entertainment. I would have loved to see a more diverse dating group than the stereotypical beachbody 20-something year olds. Where are all the Bob & Joyce's, Marcy & Ron's, Carol & Brandy's, and Kynt & Vyxsin's? I'll rate the tasks after the season wraps up.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2015, 04:21:36 AM »
Right Now?

TAR25>TAR26>TAR18>TAR22>TAR20>TAR19>>>>TAR23>>>TAR21>>>>>>TAR24

I literally love everyone on TAR26 right now, loads of fun personalities in there! :P

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2015, 05:16:29 AM »
No way is 26 better than 18.
Yeah, I kinda like the cast, it's definitely not a bad one, but the editing and direction of the race is awful.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2015, 06:44:20 AM »
I literally love everyone on TAR26 right now, loads of fun personalities in there! :P
x
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2015, 07:21:16 AM »
I would have loved to see a more diverse dating group than the stereotypical beachbody 20-something year olds. Where are all the Bob & Joyce's, Marcy & Ron's, Carol & Brandy's, and Kynt & Vyxsin's? I'll rate the tasks after the season wraps up.

^^^ This is one of the most sensible things I've ever read!!!  :hrt:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2015, 10:58:33 AM »
TAR24 > TAR26
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2015, 12:00:05 PM »
My rankings always change for some reason, but here it goes... as of April 6, 2015 :lol:

1. TAR 25 - a refreshing improvement over the last few seasons, good all around. The mediocre premiere was saved by a challenging Roadblock that had teams working into the night. UK was decent but not good enough, then Denmark and Morocco I came by and became some of my favorite legs EVER. Morocco II and Italy followed and were probably the worst of the season. Then came a brilliant string of Malta, Singapore, Philippines I & II, and U.S. Amy & Maya's win was the cherry on top. An excellent cast and amped up tasks helped.
2. TAR 22 - started out really interesting with the Double Express Pass twist, the injury, and basically the cast as a whole... but like someone mentioned, it got boring in the last three legs or so.
3. TAR 18 - I don't even feel like this an HD season because it's just so different/better from what we have now, yet it's not my favorite HD season. It had an exciting start but I think I remember getting bored by the end of the season.
4. TAR 20 - The drama was actually refreshing because this season followed several seasons in a row with like, no drama between the teams. The tasks weren't the best in this season... jumping up and down for 1 minute comes to mind.
5. TAR 21 - I put this season a little higher than I intended to because I just love its Final 6 and the story/development of the teams. The first few legs were really bad but fortunately, the bad teams were also eliminated during those legs. James & Abba losing their passports was unfortunate, Abbie & Ryan's elimination was so cleverly done by the other teams (it ended up really sad, though), and Natalie & Nadiya defeated themselves in France. Then, the best memory task in a while showed up and the ultimate underdogs won.
6. TAR 23 - Had some good episodes (Chile II, Portugal, Poland, Austria, Indonesia, Japan) but some really bad/meh episodes (Chile I, Norway, United Arab Emirates I & II). The big downside was the alliance of Jason & Amy and Nicole & Travis - that was extremely irritating! I know it worked in Jason & Amy's favor in the end, but Nicole & Travis just did not deserve to be in the Final 3!
7. TAR 19 - This season had the same feel as we do right now with 25/26: there were so many weird changes (no clueboxes, weird editing, etc.) and it just felt weird. This had a really bad start but it really picked up once they got to Europe (Belgium is one of my favorites! Bill & Cathi :'( ) and Panama... then the mediocre finale killed all the greatness.
8. TAR 24 - I hate this season because I found myself sort of hating/disliking teams that I had previously liked :( A Caroline & Jennifer win would have been so controversial and awesome though :lol:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2015, 07:25:50 PM »
I think 26 would top my list, followed by 25, so far.

23 in last.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2015, 07:47:29 PM »
No way is 26 better than 18.
Yeah, I kinda like the cast, it's definitely not a bad one, but the editing and direction of the race is awful.
I see it differently. :spy:
18 is not my complete favorite, but I enjoyed most of the Unfinished Business backstories than the blind date matchups. Though the teams weren't presented to their full potentials in UB I found every team likable, even Jaime who I could not stand the first race around was less annoying that time around. Teams were okay, sometimes boring, but I liked them all. I felt sad for every team who was eliminated and ended up rooting for all the teams in the finals.

After looking back, I realize all the season 18 tasks were perfect in its surroundings, tough & risky, and turned out to be entertainment in its works. Plus, I loved the diversity of the route: (Sydney, the Outback, traditional Japan, Lijiang, Kunming nature, India 2x [am I the only one who truly misses India in TAR], Austrian icons, Leichtenstein & Zermatt tourism, Matterhorn dangers, Rio/Copa, and Floridian Keys).

Edit is a lot better than the choppy ones we get now. I like seeing Phil announcing Pit Stop placements and watching teams actually do miscellaneous tasks like ripping open the first clue of the Leg. It makes me feel like I'm part of the experience.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2015, 11:19:58 AM »
I like seeing Phil announcing Pit Stop placements and watching teams actually do miscellaneous tasks like ripping open the first clue of the Leg. It makes me feel like I'm part of the experience.
Rachel, I was saying that about TAR 26, your observations on TAR 18 are totally right :P UB is my favourite season (not including pre-18), so... yeah. :lol: And the sentence I quoted is exactly what I think! :) Excluding those moments is just not a good choice.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2015, 12:36:38 PM »
IMO, 18 > 25 > 22 > 20 > (26) = 23 > 19 > 21 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 24

1. 18 - Just amazing. Good task, great location and very likable team. I think they handle all the legs really well except the lackluster finale which is because of Taxi. It's really weird because I tend to dislike all those double-leg in same country but 18 handle it by create diversity between those two legs. Which is why I really really like it.

2. 25 - Very entertaining season! It had it own up and down. While Morocco 1 is now placed as my favorite leg ever, some legs in this season is really the definition of mess. (Morocco 2, Italy - I also found both UK leg and the finale pretty boring) But with mesmerizing cast and unique task, it make this season topped really high in my ranking. I really love the twist they add this season too. (Secret EP, Final 4, Blind Detour, The Save) The editing seemed to be the problem of this season too. but it can be overlooked easily with all those great material above.

3. 22 - Good season overall. The location is really good, task is difficult enough and it had some good legs. (Germany, Indonesia and Vietnam). The cast is really likable too. But I think it's kind of lack of something. After Botswana, it became somewhat boring. And it contained one of my most HATED leg ever, that train-manic Swizz! The domination of Hockey Bro and Maxie and those U-Turn alliance nonsense is repetitive too. Had the boot order been a bit changed, it would be more entertaining for sure.

4. 20 - Season of drama, lol, but I really like it. The team really deliver and Paraguay is probably one of the most hardest leg ever in all HD season. However, the likable team got booted out so quickly and then the entire F4 is consist of so much negativity that make it so painful to watch. Some task are also weird (Jumping for 1 min? Find apple? Playing toy Helicopter? Japanese Game Show AGAIN?) and some legs are just plain boring. (Both Tanzania, Japan)

5. 26 - As of now, it's still up in the air. There are some good legs (Thailand 1) and some bad legs (Both Japan were really horrible). Some task really shine up (World Order), while some task were just 'WTF I just watch'. (Feeding cat? Playing pool? Eating Ramen? Pushing chair? I mean REALLY?) But the plus point is that the team is pretty likable, their dynamic is really interesting to watch. So hopefully, it'll get better in the latter half of the season. The editing were such a mess too, esp. the recently Germany, they rush everything and make it super confused to keep up with the team and their placement.

5. 23 - Calm season. I don't remember really hate it while I first watch it. But it's really overall boring in my opinion. All I can remember from this season are the Bunny , Marie along with her own drama , Nicole being pathetic and Indonesia 1. Blah route, Blah task and Blah cast.

6. 19 - MORE calm season than 23. I also don't remember really hate it while I first watch it. But it's just weird season. Everything seemed so out of place and the task and route is SUPER boring. Although I really like Ernie & Cindy and Bill & Cathi, this season is a total snorefest. It's a shame because Malawi and Denmark were pretty cool but it got forgotten easily because it's placed in this season.

7. 21 - Err, I have lots of feeling about this season. It definitely not a bad season, and it's also definitely not a boring season. The team are also great as everyone in F6 got their own story arc and it's really interesting to see them race. But I just can't overlook the route and the task. The route was DIASTER! It seemed so cheap and lack of diversity. The task didn't really help it as they were so MEH. If this cast had been put in another different season (I'd say 22 as its route is super cool), this would make a TV gold.

BIG BLANK SPACE

24923849. 24 - NOT JUST WORST HD SEASON EVER. BUT I THINK IT IS ONE OF THE WORST SEASON OF ANY REALITY SHOW EVER! I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT AS I'M TRYING MY BEST TO DELETE THIS STUPID SEASON FROM MY HEAD. URGH.

** After Leg 9 of TAR 26, I made a decision to swap it to third place of all HD season. <333 Monaco, Namibia and Netherlands all impressed me so much! Along with cast, aka Blair & Hayley <333

It can even place 1st or 2nd if the right team win! Now I can only hope!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 09:34:14 AM by Keepcopz »

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2015, 06:51:08 AM »
Am I the only person that thinks that Tar 24 wasn't that bad, it's still at the bottom but Indidnt mind it.

1. Tar 25
2. Tar 22
3. Tar 18
4. Tar 26
5. Tar 20
6. Tar 21
7. Tar 19
8. Tar 23
9. Tar 24