Author Topic: TAR 25 East Coast EP 2 SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 14266 times)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
After-episode analysis
LEG 2 (US Virgin Islands --> England, UK) ANALYSIS
BETTER TITLE QUOTE: "Punting Was Made for the Devil to Punish the English" - Shelley & Nici
First thing I must address is the Express Pass's return... :barf I wanted it out of the race for good, not deal with it later. Back to the program, I admired the English architecture of Tower Bridge. There, we saw teams get their next clue from the Pearly Royalties (hint hint wink wink: Blackbeard). After dealing with the fairly tough Detour, teams traveled by train to Oxford where they punted and went to Churchhill establishments. While Adam & Bethany were fortunate with a win-win situation, the TAR superfans received the short ends of the stick when the river current dragged them out of course and into exhaustion. While Shelley & Nici got it bad, Dennis & Isabelle had it worse as they became the second team eliminated. Ending the episode however, I still feel like editing was rushed with noticeable errors  as such, "Currently in 10th place", and the unaired clips of Phil revealing team placements.

DETOUR: (Flipping Out the British Soldiers or Flipping Pancakes)
In FOtBS, when the soldier choreography appeared on my screen I immediately thought of Dandrew's marching during the Boots or Borscht Detour in Russia. :funny: Although originality is a bit lacking, the iconic role of the changing of the guards in London and difficulty of the moves resulted in a good, educational experience for the teams while entertaining the viewers with the judge's frankness. In Flipping Pancakes, I was actually impressed how hard the task really is after the dentists and surfers left. Michael & Scott STRUGGLED throughout the task and it opened my eyes to added pressure. Not only did they have to beat the clock, teams had to flip pancakes consistently AND successfully. Original, but a solidly entertaining task.
DETOUR SCORE: 8/10

ROUTE INFO: (Oxford punting)
From rowing the wrong way to peeing in a river, this task became the highlight of the episode. Although I wish the punting was part of a Roadblock, a route info brought the best and worst in teams all stuffed into one package.
ROUTE INFO TASK SCORE: 9/10

OTHER SCORES:
TEAM DEVELOPMENT: 9/10 (We saw more background info about teams this episode so that is always a plus)
DRAMA: 8/10
SOUNDTRACK: 7/10 (kind of monotone)
PHIL NOT ANNOUNCING PLACEMENTS BETWEEN 4th - 8th: 0/10 (extremely disappointed)
NICI BEING THE FIRST RACER TO PEE THEMSELVES: 11/10 (Thanks for setting the irreplaceable record Nici! :waves:)
OVERALL SCORE: 8/10
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
First. I  hope someone will please do me the pleasure of vidcapping that schnauzer that was watching the pancake detour task. (Finally, in the 25th season, a schnauzer is seen on the race course!)

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
First. I  hope someone will please do me the pleasure of vidcapping that schnauzer that was watching the pancake detour task. (Finally, in the 25th season, a schnauzer is seen on the race course!)

Danke!
-- theschnauzers

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Totally bothers the HECK out of me that we did not see the Leg 1 RB penalty administered. Did the last 2 teams just catch up at the airport?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Well there was only one direct flight from St Thomas to Atlanta that day. DL 674, departing St Thomas at 2:30 pm. With the lead team released at approx. 4 am, I would think that the last two teams could do the penalty and make the departure time.

WE know from the episode that teams were split 6/4 on the two Delta flights to London from Atlanta. There was also plenty of time to connect through Miami to Atlanta from St Thomas if the last two teams had to miss the direct flight.
Matthew 7:15

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Alternate Episode Titles:
"The Devil Invented Punting to Punish the English" - Nici
"Your Only Job Was to Wave the Flag and Stand Still" - Tim
"You Be Nice. You're the Nice One" - Keith (idk this quote just reminds me of older quotes :lol: )

daeys

Well there was only one direct flight from St Thomas to Atlanta that day. DL 674, departing St Thomas at 2:30 pm. With the lead team released at approx. 4 am, I would think that the last two teams could do the penalty and make the departure time.

WE know from the episode that teams were split 6/4 on the two Delta flights to London from Atlanta. There was also plenty of time to connect through Miami to Atlanta from St Thomas if the last two teams had to miss the direct flight.

In past seasons they would mention connections and show them on the map. While watching these first two episodes, I was wondering to myself whether the airport in St.Thomas receives direct flights from New York and London. I'm disappointed by the editing on this.

Offline Pi

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
Shelley & Nici see Dennis & Isabelle behind. Shelley & Nici get the hats... They don't know where Churchhil's birthplace is... They're going into the museum. They ask someone outside and someone tells them.

Dennis & Isabelle and both Shelley & Nici going to the pit stop...

Nici keeps saying she doesn't want to go home. Isabelle thinks they're in last... Editing keeps going back and forth between them. Both teams so emotional.

Shelley & Nici are in 9th.

Dennis & Isabelle are the last team to arrive... Omg poor Isabelle. And they've been eliminated from the race... :'( :'( :'( Isabelle says she feels like there's another universe where they did win the million.

Pit stop:
1st - Adam & Bethany
2nd - Misti & Jim
3rd - Kym & Alli
4th - Keith & Whitney
5th - Tim & Te Jay
6th - Michael & Scott
7th - Brooke & Robbie
8th - Amy & Maya
9th - Shelley & Nici
10th - Dennis & Isabelle (ELIMINATED)

I'm sorry that Dennis & Isabelle were eliminated.  But at least they didn't come in last.
Wtf spoiler alert!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 12:30:41 PM by georgiapeach »
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Shelley & Nici see Dennis & Isabelle behind. Shelley & Nici get the hats... They don't know where Churchhil's birthplace is... They're going into the museum. They ask someone outside and someone tells them.

Dennis & Isabelle and both Shelley & Nici going to the pit stop...

Nici keeps saying she doesn't want to go home. Isabelle thinks they're in last... Editing keeps going back and forth between them. Both teams so emotional.

Shelley & Nici are in 9th.

Dennis & Isabelle are the last team to arrive... Omg poor Isabelle. And they've been eliminated from the race... :'( :'( :'( Isabelle says she feels like there's another universe where they did win the million.

Pit stop:
1st - Adam & Bethany
2nd - Misti & Jim
3rd - Kym & Alli
4th - Keith & Whitney
5th - Tim & Te Jay
6th - Michael & Scott
7th - Brooke & Robbie
8th - Amy & Maya
9th - Shelley & Nici
10th - Dennis & Isabelle (ELIMINATED)
I'm sorry that Dennis & Isabelle were eliminated.  But at least they didn't come in last.

///
Wtf spoiler alert!!!!!

Please note that the post 1 rules say no future spoilers here..
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 12:32:24 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
I don't think Pi wants to see the timeline summary... seeing that he just said "Wtf spoiler alert!!" in what seemed like annoyance.

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
Just watched the episode! Love it!!! But the beauty of London and Oxford did it for most of the time, though.

-The detour was okay. The one with the pancakes-flipping was exciting, but the other side was super meh for me. If I was doing it I'd go for the pancakes task, no questions.

-The punting was okay too. Not much to say. Just wonder why they didn't make it a Roadblock since only one person did the whole punting while the other was just standing there looking pretty waving the flag

-The whole Express Pass twist didn't work lol. Adam and Beth were too far ahead they ended up obtaining the Pass and winning the leg. It'd be more exciting if Adam and Beth went for the Express Pass and the Dentists or the Girls won the leg.

-The dentists are starting to give me the "you're gonna hate us" vibe lol. Idk it's just me lol.

-Super bummed with the elimination! They were the superfans and we should know how bad they want to go far.

-I was surpised no other teams were dumb enough to go for the Express Pass lol. Maybe that would save Dennis and Isabelle.

-I was so right about the wrestlers always blowing their lead and being on the back lol. It's been 2 legs in a row they and the firefighters were he bottom two but ended up surviving the leg. I was fairly impressed.

-What happened to the four-hour penalty? It didn't impact as much as it was in season 22 since Keith and Whitney checked in 4th.

And next week is still in UK? Oh get out!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Everyone should have read POST 1 by now!  :groan:

There are to be NO FUTURE SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD! We want everyone to be able to watch together, even the unspoiled. Take heed please.

Sorry Pi.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
This is a great episode... BUT NO ROADBLOCK?

Loved that team's position changed throughout (except for 1st place A/B who deserved it)

Wow, the dentists = too arrogant and annoying for me.

It pains my heart to see 2 super fan teams in last place, but they're right. It's lame to get eliminated for not being able to punt a boat. Why didn't they make the punting a Roadblock? :/

All in all, a very good episode with a fair Detour, <3 tower bridge but sucks we only got to see the waterways/canals at Oxford?? Majority of the episode was spent on the drills detour -_-

And, the way that the Express Pass was given out was rather interesting, but again made unexciting due to the fact that only one team was racing for it. -_-

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
Editing was all over the place in this Episode.  From giving incorrect team placements at Tower Bridge, to removing Phil declaring team placements at the Pit Stop, its just really frustrating that they're messing up such simple details.  :groan:
The Detour was OK, but the Queens Guard Captain was AMAZING! His over the top ignorance was just  :luvya:  :lol:
But no RB?? Like Zachary said the Punting would've been a perfect chance for the RB.

The EP still being around was unexpected, but great, but there should have been a task for it, or as someone else said, it could have been randomly put into one of the Umbrellas.

Misti & Jim are strangley growing on me, but I don't even know why.
And the Firefighters are just class acts.  They're genuinely lovely guys, and I'm praying this injury doesn't take them out next week.  :'(

Poor Dennis & Isabelle, felt sorry for them, but I'm glad it wasn't another FF Team eliminated.
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
And next week is still in UK? Oh get out!

Next week we still in UK but we moving from England to Shetland Island of Scotland.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 02:52:45 PM by 91zycn »
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
I thought that this episode was great! I would have wished for a RB in Oxford, but it didn't harm the episode too much.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
Solid start, all the tasks and locations have been really interesting to watch so far. Good to see the express pass not retired, though I think the fast forward is probably going to be retired. I think we'll see a second express pass at some point in the future.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
I like the episode, even though it lacks the roadblock. If there was a roadblock, the leg would've been better imo.
~The places they visited were nice. :)
~The pancake detour looked fun. The other detour looked lame, but the marching detour is part of Britain. Anyway, both tasks are satisfying to watch, and they are equally difficult too. :conf:
~The punting task added drama and funny moments like Whitney falling off, Dentists and Cyclists who need to start over (and I'm impressed that they didn't lose their leads), current problems, and more. It also shuffled some teams' placements, specifically the Firefighters and the Wrestlers. I'm glad they caught up.
~I like all the teams, but unfortunately someone has to end their race. :( How I wished it was a NEL. Speaking of which, I don't remember a Top 10 NEL in the US version of TAR.
~The EP is back! :hearts: I thought it was gone for good. I'm glad the Surfers got it.
~Animals next episode!!! :conf: From the preview, it looks like the Firefighter's injury is a good recipe for the 9th place curse. :stare I hope that injury won't be a big problem.

I think I would say I'm "just okay" with the leg if this was all-star, but since it's not, I like it. :) I can see TAR rising again from last season.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 05:48:10 AM by Platrium »

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3

There are to be NO FUTURE SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD! We want everyone to be able to watch together, even the unspoiled. Take heed please.

Sorry Pi.

Yes, because someone has already messed me a little the final.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 08:22:28 AM by TexasLady »
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!

Sorry Pi.

I'll avoid doing so in the future.  I'm sorry about my error.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
"Swing your arms shoulder high, if yo do not I will tear it off next time and  beat your end with it", The judge to Brooke & Robbie

Did anyone who watched the episode catch this? Some people on FB have said it was offensive, especially well you know what happened to Bethany.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I'm pretty sure the judge won't say that to Bethany. :res:

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
"Swing your arms shoulder high, if yo do not I will tear it off next time and  beat your end with it", The judge to Brooke & Robbie

Did anyone who watched the episode catch this? Some people on FB have said it was offensive, especially well you know what happened to Bethany.

I caught it, but didn't think anything of it.  He was pretty mellow and amusing for a drill instructor.  IMO some people need a reason to be offended and will actively look for something that they can be offended by.  Now if he had said it to or in front of Bethany he'd be an insensitive jerk, but he didn't.  We don't even know if he knew that there was a contestant who lost an arm on the race.  If people are going to censor everything they say based on the possibility that there is someone in the world who may be offended by it; then, no one is ever going to say much of anything at all.  Not even the easily offended people on FB.