Author Topic: TAR Canada 2: Ep 10 "Hot Poop" September 9  (Read 5712 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TAR Canada 2: Ep 10 "Hot Poop" September 9
« on: September 02, 2014, 08:55:31 PM »
"Teams race to Charlottetown and take a step back in time. There's no horsing around at the race comes to a dead heat. "
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 03:52:12 PM by Leafsfan »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Canada 2: Ep 10 "TBD" September 9
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 08:55:56 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2579AKKn9kk" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2579AKKn9kk</a>

Preview. Thanks Alen!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 04:59:29 PM by Leafsfan »

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Canada 2: Ep 10 "TBD" September 9
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 02:58:19 AM »
Leg 10: Montreal, Quebec → Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island

FILM DATES: May 18
AIR DATE: September 9

ROUTE INFO:  Fly to Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island

ROUTE INFO:  Province House
 !  TASK:   Unknown

ROUTE INFO:  Unknown
SPEED BUMP:  Search through pile of poo

ROUTE INFO:  Unknown
 !  TASK:   Island Harness Racing

ROUTE INFO:  Lucy Maud Montgomery birthplace

PITSTOP: Unknown

:yes:  SAFE:

?  AT RISK:

X  ELIMINATED:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 06:50:13 PM by ovalorange »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Re: TAR Canada 2: Ep 10 "Hot Poop" September 9
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 06:35:51 AM »
Caps from the preview!

« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 06:14:48 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 06:36:32 AM »
Second part of the caps!

« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 06:17:24 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 03:52:22 PM »
Title quoted edited in!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 06:17:59 PM »
Caps up!

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 10:21:50 PM »
On CTV Morning Live, Ryan & Rob said that the poop task is their speedbump and they have to find something in it... :lol:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 11:58:20 AM »
On CTV Morning Live, Ryan & Rob said that the poop task is their speedbump and they have to find something in it... :lol:

That's a classic Amazing Race task, but as somebody's Speed Bump? I feel sorry for them :(

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 12:03:56 PM »
The only hit I get for Island harness racing is Red Shores (AKA Charlottetown Driving Park). Also, some of the actors bear a resemblance to the Confederation Players, who do historical re-enactments.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 02:03:10 PM »
The only hit I get for Island harness racing is Red Shores (AKA Charlottetown Driving Park). Also, some of the actors bear a resemblance to the Confederation Players, who do historical re-enactments.
In the new sneak peek, there is a blue building attached to the stands...just like the Red Shores track. There is also a track in Summerside, but that may have been out of the way?
I posted about the Confederation Players back in May ...on the spoiler & sightings thread, page 8 or 9. There is a group pic...I think taken the same day? There seems to be more men in that pic than need be...more than usual? You could probably pick out the gentlemen who portray the Charlottetown Conference delegates in the challenge.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 02:41:44 PM by WindsorSue »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 02:47:49 PM »

The task at Province House is almost certainly going to involve identifying the Fathers of Confederation, because they're positioned exactly like the most famous portrait of them

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2014, 03:07:56 PM »

The task at Province House is almost certainly going to involve identifying the Fathers of Confederation, because they're positioned exactly like the most famous portrait of them

I think it may be just the 23 delegates to the Charlottetown Conference (there were 36 F of C) ... there aren't enough men in the screencap. I had to look it up, but that painting by Robert Harris is of the Quebec Conference, the 2nd of the 3 conferences.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 03:24:29 PM by WindsorSue »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2014, 10:27:04 PM »
Amazing Race Canada takes its competition to P.E.I.
Canada’s top rated reality show airs Island show Tuesday night on CTV
Prince Edward Island is set to take centre stage on the most-watched Canadian television series on record.

Producers describe the P.E.I. show saying “…racers take a step back in time; but others step in something completely different. And there’s no horsing around as the race comes to a dead heat.”

Mark Lysakowski, supervising producer of The Amazing Race Canada, says the 150th anniversary celebrations of the first meeting of the Fathers of Confederation was a great story to tell, which helped seal the deal in bringing the award-winning show to P.E.I.

“Where the country started is a big deal,” Lysakowski said in an interview with The Guardian.

“The P.E.I. show is amazing – it’s actually one of my favourites this season.”

With an average audience of 3.5 million viewers each week, P.E.I. tourism officials had no problem handing over the $5,000 the show wanted to assist in production costs.

Brenda Gallant, director of marketing for Tourism P.E.I., said while the province had no control over what the show was shooting on the Island, they felt it was a “no brainer” given the show’s reach.

The show, she added, helps keep P.E.I. top of mind and in conversations with travellers across Canada.

“Their viewership is fantastic,” said Gallant, adding it is the number one show in Canada on the number one network in Canada.

“We were very confident that there was great value for money because they were only looking for $5,000 towards production.”

A handful of tourism staff also provided logistical support.

Lysakowski said he’s been to P.E.I. many times, but the day he brought The Amazing Race Canada to the Island the skies were blue, the weather was warm, and it was a beautiful spring day on the Island.

Mark Lysakowski, supervising producer of The Amazing Race Canada “The P.E.I. show is amazing – it’s actually one of my favourites this season,"
“The race was intense. I don’t want to spoil it. Because we’re getting down to the end of the series and teams can really possibly see that they could actually win the show.”

Commercials airing to promote the P.E.I. broadcast show contestants testing their knowledge with the Fathers of Confederation at Province House, running around the track at Red Shores at the Charlottetown Driving Park and digging deep into a pile of fresh, steaming manure.

The Amazing Race Canada airs Tuesday at 9 p.m. on CTV.

Whenever the show goes into a location, Lysakowski said they like to work with the province to ensure the story they tell is accurate. He said they would have taken the show to the Island regardless of the support from the province.

“Tune in on Tuesday to see what happens in Charlottetown and then we go from there. Eventually, one team will win a half million dollars in cash and prizes.”

Source:http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/News/Local/2014-09-06/article-3860714/Amazing-Race-Canada-takes-its-competition-to-P.E.I./1

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 03:17:37 PM »
The detour options on the website are called Surf or Turf (vs mussel or mass which was shown on air). Which is right? :lol:

In Recap, they use Mass or Mussels.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 03:19:10 PM »
I like Surf/Turf better, lol.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 03:21:35 PM »
The detour options on the website are called Surf or Turf (vs mussel or mass which was shown on air). Which is right? :lol:

In Recap, they use Mass or Mussels.

On Jon's blog. For leg nine also it says Bead it or Cheese it (vs flamed or grilled). Leg 8 is correct (and presumably earlier legs).