Author Topic: TAR VietNam 3-- SHOW Discussion  (Read 25904 times)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Re: Re: TAR VietNam 3-- Pre-Race News, Speculation, Cast Reveal
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2014, 11:02:07 PM »
People who don't speak Viet don't understand D:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2014, 11:18:35 PM »
People who don't speak Viet don't understand D:

He explained in previous post.

A mystery person who claimed to be used to be in product crew sent that mobile message to many people including reporters and old racers (Diep Lam Anh was the last year winner). He/She claimed that: BHD (Production Company) fixed the results. They rigged for Blue team to go far in the game. Blue team, Yellow team and Pink team are Production's pet and they did many things to give advantage for these team. He also revealed the final results of these teams. I don't know if it's true or right but it's a kind of spoiler so I will not translate that part.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2014, 02:00:56 AM »
That elastic challenge looked very painful.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2014, 09:48:47 PM »
If huong giang and criss wins this season, it will be the first time ever had the M/F team win in these seasons which have a NEL/KOR/TBC at 9 teams remaining

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2014, 09:21:25 AM »
so I'm watching the episodes now...and omg @ An Đinh on the kayaks <3
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2014, 03:55:41 PM »
I don't know but the editing, the camera work, the game set-up and the drama, nothing brings any inspiration for me.
I don't know if I want to write the recap anymore.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2014, 12:47:40 AM »
If not, could you at least write a list of locations? Getting those for the Wiki can be difficult sometimes

At the VERY least, if they mention the starting line could you say that? The starting lines never have Captions on screen that I can translate :c
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 01:01:37 AM by GB »
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2014, 01:36:34 AM »
If not, could you at least write a list of locations? Getting those for the Wiki can be difficult sometimes

At the VERY least, if they mention the starting line could you say that? The starting lines never have Captions on screen that I can translate :c

Sometimes they Have never mentioned anything about starting line.
The leg 2 in Hanoi, I know where the starting line is because I live in Hanoi and I know that place. The other legs, no idea.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2014, 02:06:34 AM »
I see. Sometimes it does just seem to be a random street...

If you don't want to watch the horrible production, you could always just skip ahead to Khanh's explanations of the tasks. I can even give you timestamps if you want ^_^

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2014, 02:14:49 AM »
I see. Sometimes it does just seem to be a random street...

If you don't want to watch the horrible production, you could always just skip ahead to Khanh's explanations of the tasks. I can even give you timestamps if you want ^_^

No, I still watch the show. I just feel to have no interest to recap it. Just like the last season's final leg.
Anyway, I will try to do it but maybe a little delay.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2014, 03:41:37 AM »
Would it be better if I just asked the things I want to know after each episode? I'm sort of a perfectionist and I want the wiki pages to be as perfect as I can make them :P

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2014, 09:00:00 AM »
This leg is ridiculous.
Tell the Blue team to be eliminated and nothing about KOR but then after some hours, just come and tell them to keep on racing.
No doubt why there are some rumors about rigging.

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2014, 09:24:23 AM »
The Fixed Race Vietnam 2014. I'm tired of it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2014, 11:21:00 AM »
This is SO sad.

Perhaps WRP needs to keep a tighter rein on the franchises?? More agreements about the format they must follow? It has been wonderful to see TARaus and TARcanada EXCEED the framework...but THIS is just ...sad.  :'(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2014, 11:25:18 AM »
USA has a law to control everything (NEL, KOR legs...) but there is nothing like that in VN.
Every show in Vietnam starts to become a mess after just 1 season or even right in the first season.  :gaah:

Offline Katarina

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I LOVE THE AMAZING RACE
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2014, 10:52:22 PM »
I'm very disappointed with TAR Vietnam  :groan:  :groan:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2014, 03:03:19 AM »
QUESTIONS ABOUT LEG 4:

1. Does anyone know what kind of plants they were harvesting for the elephants?
2. Does anyone know the name of the song they sung during the Roadblock? Was it a love song?
3. What is team blue's penalty for finishing in last? (If stated)

I shall remain a neutral party in the midst of all this controversy. I'm just an impartial observer who wishes to get the wikis done.

I liked the duck challenge ^_^
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 03:37:16 AM by GB »

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2014, 03:53:33 AM »
QUESTIONS ABOUT LEG 4:

1. Does anyone know what kind of plants they were harvesting for the elephants?
2. Does anyone know the name of the song they sung during the Roadblock? Was it a love song?
3. What is team blue's penalty for finishing in last? (If stated)

I shall remain a neutral party in the midst of all this controversy. I'm just an impartial observer who wishes to get the wikis done.

I liked the duck challenge ^_^
1. Just a kind of grass. I don't know the name.
2. Yes, it is a love song but it is a kind of traditional music (local music). That kind of music is called "Ḥ"
3. No penalty because it's KOR.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2014, 08:08:11 AM »
okay so that was actually a thing? heh
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline kimjongyee

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2014, 11:52:10 AM »
Hola, como estas? I hope a racer is welcomed here.
I didn't know there is an english forum for TAR VN. This is chill.
I can help with informations for the wiki page  :conf: . Throw em at me  :knuckles:
I'm just curious though...how did you guys manage to find pictures on set during the race??

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2014, 12:49:41 PM »
Hola, como estas? I hope a racer is welcomed here.
I didn't know there is an english forum for TAR VN. This is chill.
I can help with informations for the wiki page  :conf: . Throw em at me  :knuckles:
I'm just curious though...how did you guys manage to find pictures on set during the race??

:bigwelcome

Yes, everyone is welcomed here, especially a racer. But which racer are you :-/ Anyway, the first thing you can help is: GB need full name of all racers. I try to find it in Vietnamese media but I can't find anything. I only know Do Hoang Duong and Ngo Mai Trang.

The race is public so some photos of the race will be somewhere. Just need some investigations. And in RFF, there are many great detectives.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2014, 03:04:11 PM »
Yes, hello! Whoever you are, it's really great to meet you!

One very important aspect of our wiki is the Full Names of contestants, since this is a Reality Show wiki and we are collecting data on real people. It looks a little unprofessional when Season 3 only has given names, while the past two seasons have full names X3

It would also be nice to have their ages and hometowns, but these are not as important as the names.

Just in general, I think, is to take a look at the Wikipedia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_Vietnam_2014) and just see if anything stands out to you that is incorrect. If you don't feel like editing it, then I will be more than happy to do it for you. Just say anything here that's wrong and I will fix it!

Thank you in advance!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2014, 09:02:28 PM »
I just read the leg 4.
1. Đền Cuông task, they must use the numbers and the given keys to find a word related to An Dương Vương. The answer is Vương ( = King in English)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_D%C6%B0%C6%A1ng_V%C6%B0%C6%A1ng
2. They need to cut 15 kg of nearby plant and feed 5kg to the elephant. They need to clean 50kg of elephant waste.
3. About the salt task, I think you don't understand how they made the salt. Here is the step.
- Sand is spread over the land and they water it with sea water. Under the sun, sand is dried and keep the salt crystal.
- Collect the sand and put it to the designed place. (Team did it right when they came)
- Use their feet to prepare the sand. Add the water. Sand is now as a filter and they can collect water with very high concentration of salt. (The team did this)
- That water with high concentration of salt is put into the field. Under the sun, salt is crystalized as iced and then they collect it. (The team did it, they collect 70 kg each team).
- Spread the new sand over the land for the next time (Team did it).

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2014, 04:37:24 AM »
XD That's what happens when I write descriptions based only on watching the teams do it.

I mean even the "previews" of the tasks in this version suck. While the host was explaining the duck challenge, it literally ONLY showed shots of the ducks. That's certainly descriptive.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2014, 06:05:40 AM »
XD That's what happens when I write descriptions based only on watching the teams do it.

I mean even the "previews" of the tasks in this version suck. While the host was explaining the duck challenge, it literally ONLY showed shots of the ducks. That's certainly descriptive.

Ikr.

I forgot about this, the soccer challenge
- You said 4 hits but we should make it more clearly: each member two hits.
- In front of the goal right in the middle, they have a human frame instead of a goal keeper.
- They must goal 3 out of 5 times.
- If they fails, they got 15 minutes penalty until trying again.

And about Ḥ roadblock, after hearing the song, they have 30 minutes to learn before trying to perform. Everytime they fail, they also got 15 minutes penalty.

I think I can say this race is 15 minutes race because they give 15 minutes penalty almost every challenge.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 06:12:10 AM by paradoxinee »