Author Topic: TAR VietNam 3-- SHOW Discussion  (Read 26195 times)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: Re: TAR VietNam 3-- Pre-Race News, Speculation, Cast Reveal
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2014, 03:00:07 PM »
It's mostly the numbers that I miss. The penalty lengths, the weights, the number of times they have to do things.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2014, 09:45:35 PM »
I just go back to Leg 3. There is a mistake (maybe due to my recap).

The last challenge (Elastic one): They did not exchange the flag. The second member try to grad the flag from the first member only, not hand over anything.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2014, 01:32:37 AM »
HELLO! lololol

I'm almost CERTAIN that I got pretty much everything wrong for today's episode X3
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2014, 04:59:30 PM »
What was team Mint's penalty?

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2014, 06:40:26 PM »
What was team Mint's penalty?

They only sold 20 "Nón" for 2,3 millions VND (required 3 millions). So they got penalty.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2014, 10:34:36 PM »
Hola, como estas? I hope a racer is welcomed here.
I didn't know there is an english forum for TAR VN. This is chill.
I can help with informations for the wiki page  :conf: . Throw em at me  :knuckles:
I'm just curious though...how did you guys manage to find pictures on set during the race??

Happy you found us!!  :welcome2: to RFF!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2014, 02:12:56 AM »
This leg is ridiculous.
Tell the Blue team to be eliminated and nothing about KOR but then after some hours, just come and tell them to keep on racing.
No doubt why there are some rumors about rigging.

Not knowing what was being said obviously I had no idea what was going on, but I never would have thought that even if I knew Vietnamese Blue Team being saved was coming out of nowhere. Wow.

Offline kimjongyee

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2014, 09:07:58 AM »
:yess: I prefer to stay the mysterious racer hahaha.
mmm ok  i'm also playing the detective hoping to find out who could be the leaker but no lead so far  :groan: :groan:.
All right now on to the informations, even I don't know the exact hometown of some contestants since they now all live in one of the big cities. But i will try my best to help. format will be full name (birth year, hometown).

Nguyễn Hương Giang (91 - Hà Nội) & Huy Phương (Criss) Lai (82 - Long An/Toronto)
Trang Trần (85 –Hà Nội) & Hiếu Nguyễn (90 – Thái Bình)         note:  first/last name
Long Điền (  84  - Hồ Chí Minh) & Kim Dung (88 – Biên Hòa)    note:  last/first name
Sơn Ngọc Minh (90 -  Cần Thơ) & Huê (Mint) Nguyễn (82 – Hồ Chí Minh)
Trang Khiếu (91 – Bắc Giang) & Yahya An-Dinh (89 – Vancouver)  Note: First/last name. Yahya is An-Dinh’s first name.
Trần Kim Thanh (88 – Đồng Nai)  & Đinh Khải Anh (90 – Hà Nội)
Võ Ngọc Lan Trinh (87 – Hồ Chí Minh) & Lê Hoàng Nam (85 – Hà Nội)
Nguyễn Minh Long (88 – Đà Nẵng) & Hoàng Sơn Việt ( 85 – Hà Nội)

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2014, 09:18:02 AM »
:yess: I prefer to stay the mysterious racer hahaha.
mmm ok  i'm also playing the detective hoping to find out who could be the leaker but no lead so far  :groan: :groan:.
All right now on to the informations, even I don't know the exact hometown of some contestants since they now all live in one of the big cities. But i will try my best to help. format will be full name (birth year, hometown).

Nguyễn Hương Giang (91 - Hà Nội) & Huy Phương (Criss) Lai (82 - Long An/Toronto)
Trang Trần (85 –Hà Nội) & Hiếu Nguyễn (90 – Thái Bình)         note:  first/last name
Long Điền (  84  - Hồ Chí Minh) & Kim Dung (88 – Biên Hòa)    note:  last/first name
Sơn Ngọc Minh (90 -  Cần Thơ) & Huê (Mint) Nguyễn (82 – Hồ Chí Minh)
Trang Khiếu (91 – Bắc Giang) & Yahya An-Dinh (89 – Vancouver)  Note: First/last name. Yahya is An-Dinh’s first name.
Trần Kim Thanh (88 – Đồng Nai)  & Đinh Khải Anh (90 – Hà Nội)
Võ Ngọc Lan Trinh (87 – Hồ Chí Minh) & Lê Hoàng Nam (85 – Hà Nội)
Nguyễn Minh Long (88 – Đà Nẵng) & Hoàng Sơn Việt ( 85 – Hà Nội)

Trang Khiếu's fullname is Khiếu Thị Huyền Trang ^^ And I don't think Trang Trần, Hiếu Nguyễn, Long Điền, Kim Dung are fullname.

Offline kimjongyee

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2014, 09:21:47 AM »
Leg 5
In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to ride the park's zipline. During the ride, they would have to memorize the numbers they saw along the ride. Then, they had to punch in the string of numbers in the correct order as they appeared to dial a person who would have their next clue. In this Detour. teams choose between Truyền Thống (Tradition) and Hiện Đại (Modern). In Truyền Thống, teams had to take a basket and wade into the nearby ocean. where they would use it to collect small snails from the waterbed. Once they had collected at least 5kg, teams would get their next clue. In Hiện Đại, teams had to use the provided tools and materials to install a work of modern art (installation art). Once their work was approved by a judge, teams would get their next clue
Once at the Alba Hot Springs, one team member had to complete a complex high-altitude ropes course while blindfolded. – i know this is called Hi-wire

Offline kimjongyee

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2014, 09:26:46 AM »

Trang Khiếu's fullname is Khiếu Thị Huyền Trang ^^ And I don't think Trang Trần, Hiếu Nguyễn, Long Điền, Kim Dung are fullname.
[/quote]

Long Dien is his full name since he is of chinese descent. Last name Long, first name Dien. I think Kim Dung is a similar case but I can't be 100% sure.
It's becoming acceptable for Vietnamese to go by their first/last name basis and Trang Khieu, Trang Tran and Hieu Nguyen are using this format professionally so I think keeping their names like this will make it easier for anyone who wants to find out more about them as compared to their full name.

Offline kimjongyee

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2014, 09:40:24 AM »
Leg 3:
It's 160 kg of rice. There were 4 bags, each weighed 40kg.
For the dance, each shoe was 2.5kg.
mmm, i hope that was helpful. zzz time for me now.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2014, 10:48:24 AM »

Long Dien is his full name since he is of chinese descent. Last name Long, first name Dien. I think Kim Dung is a similar case but I can't be 100% sure.
It's becoming acceptable for Vietnamese to go by their first/last name basis and Trang Khieu, Trang Tran and Hieu Nguyen are using this format professionally so I think keeping their names like this will make it easier for anyone who wants to find out more about them as compared to their full name.
[/quote]

I know but they are their stage names. Just like Hương Giang Idol or Kiwi or Miko. So it is not what GB wants.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2014, 03:22:27 PM »
Thank you very much for the hometowns and ages!! That's perfect, for the first time a TAR Vietnam table will be completely full of those.

...Except I think you missed Blue Team. I'm going to guess that the show already refers to them by full name? (Considering how long they are)

The names are just SPECTACULAR so far, thank you very very much! It lets us do something before the "Other" Amazing Race Wiki, mwahahaha! If you find out anything more about Red/Orange names, let us know! :D

And those are snails? Really? They look super tiny, I totally thought they were rocks. Do you (or Paradoxinee) happen to know which lake that task took place at?

Oh and one more thing, could you confirm that Team Blue received no penalty for Leg 5 (Such as the 30-minut penalty if not in first). Since theirs is such an unusual circumstance, I'd like to have a second source confirm what happened (Certainly not that I don't trust you, Para ^_^)

THANKS GUYS!! :D :D

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2014, 07:14:00 PM »
Blue team is Ngô Mai Trang and Nguyễn Hoàng Dương, I think.

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2014, 09:27:56 AM »

Do you (or Paradoxinee) happen to know which lake that task took place at?

It's a river, Hương River (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfume_River). It's near my grandparents' house. :luvya:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2014, 09:59:24 AM »
This season continues its mess.

Huy Khanh told first 5 teams that this leg is a KOR leg but when the last team (Yellow) came to the Pit Stop, he told them that this is a NEL leg so that they will have no money next leg as a penalty.

What's wrong with the rules this season. I just don't understand.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2014, 07:27:54 PM »

Huy Khanh told first 5 teams that this leg is a KOR leg but when the last team (Yellow) came to the Pit Stop, he told them that this is a NEL leg so that they will have no money next leg as a penalty.

This is KOR? Really? I never picked up on that.

But the Latin American race has done KOR with NEL penalties before, it's not a new thing.

Are you sure Huy is not just telling them "You get to keep on racing!" because they haven't been eliminated? Kinda like Phil sometimes says "You get to race another day"

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2014, 08:35:04 PM »
This leg's boring like hell.  )-**

Huy Khanh said to Blues it was a KOR leg and it would be continued the next day (same as last season). But when the Yellow came to the Pit stop, it turned into a NEL leg.  :groan:

Horrible season.  :gaah:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2014, 09:45:08 PM »

Huy Khanh told first 5 teams that this leg was a KOR leg but when the last team (Yellow) came to the Pit Stop, he told them that this is a NEL leg so that they will have no money next leg as a penalty.

This is KOR? Really? I never picked up on that.

But the Latin American race has done KOR with NEL penalties before, it's not a new thing.

Are you sure Huy is not just telling them "You get to keep on racing!" because they haven't been eliminated? Kinda like Phil sometimes says "You get to race another day"

The problem is that last time when Blue team (Hoang Duong - Kiwi) is saved by KOR leg, they got no penalty. That's why it made this leg more rigging. And also, HK said KOR for other teams and NEL for Yellow team.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2014, 11:25:02 AM »
GB, there are some mistakes, I think.

For leg 5: Huế
- Sơn Ngọc Minh & Mint Huê received 15 minutes penalty, not 20 minutes.
- They must sell 20 hats (Nón) for 3 millions VND. They could sell 1 for any price they want though (200.000 VND, 100.000 VND...)
- For Highwire challenge, after receiving the clue, the one did the course need to finish the remain part with the mouth holding the clue. That's why Yellow team had to do it again because Trang Khieu dropped the clue.

For leg 6: Nha Trang, Khánh Ḥa
- In Xuống Biển, they must sew to repair the broken net.
- The first task is using their body except their hands and their foot to paint a picture about Nha Trang (Not I Love Nha Trang, that is just idea of Pink and Orange teams).
- In the second task, they must pass 7 platforms in order then swim to the instructed boat to obtain 10 bottles of Sting.
- In the last task, they have to paddle basket boats to a big boat. There they must prepare everything to cook a famous dish of Nha Trang called 'Chả cá' (kind of fish loaf, I don't know how to call that in English). Then they should bring everything prepared back into the basket boats, paddle into the middle of the water, fry the fish loaf. After that, bring back to the big boat (not another one). The judge will taste and decide if they pass or fail.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2014, 03:40:53 PM »
You're awesome, Mr. Paradox! Keep it up :D

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2014, 08:59:13 AM »
They continue to change the rule.

Penalty for giving up Roadblock is only 1 hour. Also, they can change people to do the Roadblock (the same as last year).

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2014, 10:58:11 PM »
Paradoxinee, could you explain to me the rules of the Fruit Trees Detour?

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2014, 11:35:56 PM »
Paradoxinee, could you explain to me the rules of the Fruit Trees Detour?

They must prune grape branches and harvest grapes as instructed.
For pruning, they have to finish a required area (marked by green rope, I think). The same for harvesting grapes.