Author Topic: TAR 25 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside**  (Read 106829 times)

Offline TSPKM

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 25 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside**
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2014, 03:27:29 PM »
Whitney did an interview on survivoroz not too long ago and said she wanted to do the amazing race, she said she probably wouldn't do survivor again because people would say she's a reality tv whore. Her and Keith really got the shaft on editing in survivor and she's a really nice girl and has a good story with her cousins disappearance (which wasn't shown on survivor) And now they've charged men in her murder. I think it'll be great to see Whitney and Keith show their personalities. Both are very savvy and athletic, and I think if they keep their heads on straight they could do very well in the amazing race.

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2014, 04:49:12 PM »
I think besides the mother/daughter team, none of the other female teams have a chance of winning
My bet is that the couple of dentists will win the race

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2014, 04:51:45 PM »
I think besides the mother/daughter team, none of the other female teams have a chance of winning
My bet is that the couple of dentists will win the race
How can you decide this from a video of people running to their bags?

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2014, 05:00:51 PM »
Racel LeVega, TAR 7 went to Puerto Rico and had a roadblock on the final leg before heading to Miami-Fort Lauderdale as the final city.

What I meant was "why did the routers choose to visit the Virgin Islands instead of Puerto Rico?". But whatnot, I'll find the bright side of the islands for possible locations visited.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2014, 05:01:59 PM »
Just my guess
The m/d seems athletic and competitive

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2014, 06:44:53 PM »
So far, It looks like they've done a good job of the casting I must say which is a big plus.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2014, 07:05:25 PM »
So far, It looks like they've done a good job of the casting I must say which is a big plus.

Transferring this over from the Contestant Spoiler Thread

OK, so I'm not sure where really to post this, but as it's about a team I'll put in the Contestant Thread.  :lol:

Now that I'm over my initial concerns and worries about this cast, I actually think it has the potential to be one the best we've seen in a quite a while, even though I said different not 3 Hours ago in the BMS Thread.  :funny:

Anyway, I can't wait to watch Robbie & Brooke.  I don't watch TNA anymore but have been an avid WWE watcher for years, and I remember Brooke when she was there back 7 or 8 years ago.
I just can't believe we're finally getting a proper (more famous, recognisable) team of Pro-Wrestlers.   :yess:
I'm sure SamuelDude is with me......... If he / she reads this.... :lol:

So yeah, that's my pointless post for my reasoning for rooting for them.  Here's hoping they aren't eliminated early!  :hoot:

It'll be good exposure for TNA even the company isn't that great. Brooke hasn't been on TV for a while and Robbie E just lost the Tag Titles a few weeks ago.

As I've said, the cast has definitely grew on me over the last few hours, and can't wait till September.  Still in two minds whether to follow the Spoilers though?   ???

Funny, I looked up Robbie's Wiki earlier and it said he was the current Tag Champ which made me wonder how they'd explain his absence from the ring but if he's no longer champion it shouldn't be a problem.
It may not be as Awesome as having The Rock, Austin or even Punk or Bryan racing, but it's probably the best we'll ever get in terms of actual, famous wrestlers so I'm ecstatic.   :wohoo:

Lets just hope now that the Cast and St Thomas aren't the best things this season.
Praying for a great boot order, great tasks, non-linear Legs, and new / long overdue locations. 
Oh, and pleeeeease,  no assigned flights!  (:;)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 07:13:36 PM by nmccarroll91 »
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2014, 07:17:10 PM »
Well Punk is retired now xD They lost the tag titles at the end of April at Sacrifice. Brooke hadn't been on TV for a while and I had no idea they were dating xD

I'm hoping they make it somewhat far in the season but I don't expect them to win.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2014, 07:24:22 PM »
I was really thinking they were going to select a team of wrestlers, but I thought it would have been 2 women. Still no problem

My random predictions from each team:
Adam & Bethany: I think they make the f7 the most
Tim & Te Jay: One of the first three teams out
Lisa & Michelle: 4th eliminated
Kym & Alli: I feel like they will be the first female team out
Amy & Maya: make to the f6
Keith & Whitney: I don't think they will make it far
Michael & Scott: make to the f5
Brooke & Robbie: eliminated at f4
Shelley & Nici: 3rd place
Dennis & Isabelle: 2nd place
Misti & Jim: winners
I hope I will not be accurate to the majority of the teams

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2014, 07:29:57 PM »
It's been a long time since we've had a pro-wrestler team. Lori & Bolo are the only ones I can remember, but despite being "pro wrestlers" we knew next to nothing about their career.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2014, 07:32:16 PM »
Well Punk is retired now xD They lost the tag titles at the end of April at Sacrifice. Brooke hadn't been on TV for a while and I had no idea they were dating xD

I'm hoping they make it somewhat far in the season but I don't expect them to win.

Punk's lost a lot of peoples respect with his unannounced departure, especially as it was just before Mania, but it could've been all Keyfabe because he was getting prepared for the Race.  :funny:
(Sorry for the Wrestling Slang guys)  :-[

I can't see them winning either, in fact, they strike me as a not-so-intellectual kinda team.  Not being mean, but you get what I'm saying? 
They may have the physical attributes, but have they got the brains? Fingers crossed they do!  :hoot:

Moving on from these two, I'm very excited about both Asian teams, the Fire Fighters and Bethany.   :conf:

BUT, I just don't think I'll be able to get behind Whitney.  Being from the UK, we don't get the US Survivor here, and I haven't bothered watching it, so I haven't heard of her before, but hearing she cheated on her boyfriend with this Keith guy I wasn't all impressed, so I don't really think I'll care for her.   :nono2:

Some how, I have an inkling Misti & Jim will be in the Final 3, as well.  And even though I know nothing about them but what they look like, they have the boring dominating team vibe, that I can't stand!!!   :groan:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2014, 07:41:04 PM »
The last time there was a dentist on the race was that couple from tar9, so I guess they will be the unstable couple of the season

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2014, 08:48:39 PM »
The last time there was a dentist on the race was that couple from tar9, so I guess they will be the unstable couple of the season

Huh? Just because they're dentists doesn't mean they'll be the same as Lake & Michelle :P

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2014, 08:59:15 PM »
I'm just hoping Keith & Whitney are not like Ethan & Jenna being one of the first out!
Loved Whitney & Keith or the Savaii Alliance in general on Survivor.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2014, 09:18:19 PM »
For someone who actually watches Survivor: I was just wondering what are Whitney and Keith like as players and as people?

Typically, viewers don't seem to respond well to the "CBS crossover" racers (especially Rachel)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2014, 10:03:22 PM »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2014, 10:10:09 PM »
Since a lot of people here are saying Misti & Jim will make it to the F3, I'm gonna make a wild prediction that they will fall for the 9th place curse. :) Just a prediction, not a wish.

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2014, 12:08:01 AM »
For someone who actually watches Survivor: I was just wondering what are Whitney and Keith like as players and as people?

Typically, viewers don't seem to respond well to the "CBS crossover" racers (especially Rachel)
In my eyes, I saw Keith & Whitney as underdogs & likable imo.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2014, 03:17:26 AM »
Whitney <3

Keith <3

Finally an underrated Survivor couple unlike Romber or Ethan and Jenna or BB couple like Allison and Donny or Brendon and Rachel or even Jeff and Jordan.

They were not going to get any chance to go on Survivor again. So why not TAR? <3

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2014, 09:27:58 AM »
For all those who post I think team x or y won the leg, or I hope team z wins, this would NOT be the correct thread to post it.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 07:37:36 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2014, 11:26:26 AM »
I wonder how they deal with Bethany's limitations for challenges. I was thinking  they couldn't do any swimming/water related challenges then quickly remembered she is a surfer and probably stronger in the water than the rest of the competitors!
The only challenges that I think might be eliminated would be those that would require very fine work that needs to be done with 2 hands. I hope Bethany and her husband Adam do better than some of the other physically challenged competitors like Amy.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2014, 11:32:58 AM »
I wonder how they deal with Bethany's limitations for challenges. I was thinking  they couldn't do any swimming/water related challenges then quickly remembered she is a surfer and probably stronger in the water than the rest of the competitors!
The only challenges that I think might be eliminated would be those that would require very fine work that needs to be done with 2 hands. I hope Bethany and her husband Adam do better than some of the other physically challenged competitors like Amy.
And work more cooperatively than Sarah. :lol:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2014, 11:36:05 AM »

Such as mechanical ascenders. Amazing Race used those a lot in the earlier seasons.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2014, 12:21:47 PM »

Amy managed well enough on DWTS this most recent season. Which is my way of suggesting that in the casting process I am sure TPTB discussed with this team in some length how they could handle certain types of challenges, especially roadblocks, to make sure TPTB knew when they would need to have some alternative or assistance available. They've done that in the past with other Racers.
-- theschnauzers

Offline GabrielP

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2014, 02:08:10 PM »

I don't think viewers are going to have a problem with Whitney & Keith doing TAR since they didn't have much of a presence in their Survivor season so they might not even remember them.

And if you think about it, viewers usually don't have a problem with crossovers. The only pair people are sick of is Brenchel because they're (to a great amount of viewers) unlikeable. I remember when Jeff & Jordan were announced as racers, everyone was extremely excited.