Author Topic: TAR ISRAEL 4 - (HaMerotz LaMillion 4) News, Media & LIVE Sightings *spoilers*  (Read 88475 times)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
"Ho! Ho! Ho! Happy Birthday! Oh no, wait..."
 -Vova
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
I just start watch TARI recently and I love Georgia. :hearts:

Btw what is the requirement to complete the haystack challenge? ??? Is it exact the same requirement on TAR 20 Azerbaijan FF? I have no idea to figure out the task as I don't understand Israeli.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube

Btw what is the requirement to complete the haystack challenge? ??? Is it exact the same requirement on TAR 20 Azerbaijan FF? I have no idea to figure out the task as I don't understand Israeli.

One team member must unload all of the hay from the truck, while the other must stack them all so that they make a perfect square shape on the ground. It had to be a certain number of haybales long, wide and high.

Remember, if you've got TAR questions, try finding the answer on the wiki
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member

thank you for liking Georgia :D BTW if somebody can change Wikipedia on leg 2 detour option about cars it's Jartis chambarebeli in Georgian not Zhrtil Shemeberbli :)

Offline bavariankid

• RFF Not So Newbie
Episode 15 is up :yess:: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yDpzx8-TLo

Apart from transporting wood in wheelbarrow, racers take part in the physically demanding "Wife-carrying".
Wife carrying (Finnish: eukonkanto or akankanto, Estonian: naisekandmine, Swedish: kärringkånk) is a contest in which male competitors race while each carrying a female teammate. The objective is for the male to carry the female through a special obstacle track in the fastest time http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wife-carrying.

The sport was first introduced at Sonkajärvi, Finland http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonkaj%C3%A4rvi#Wife_carrying_competition.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 04:45:15 PM by bavariankid »

Offline bavariankid

• RFF Not So Newbie
Preview for the upcoming episode 16 shows some roadblocks TAR USA fans are already familiar with ...
  • catching pies with your face - TAR US Season 14
  • mud volleyball - TAR US Season 15

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Today's episode featured a Detour with disgusting fish and fish guts, mud volleyball from TAR15, and a much better version of pies-in-the-face from TAR14. Teams actually had to throw the pies and try to score a hit on their partner's face, rather than simply smacking it into their face while standing next to them.

NOW THEN

Finnish places are hard to spell. I have no idea where this swamp was located, because I have no idea how its name would be spelled. The best I could get from the host's pronunciation was "Bekananoka Oi". Sounds Hawaiian...

If anyone wants to help find it, remember that teams traveled from Espoo to reach it, then left for Hämeenlinna.

I also don't know where the next destination after the pies is. The host called it "Petalis", and nothing more...

Thanks!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
HaMerotz LaMillion has just hit London, everyone, and teams got to meet the Queen*!!

Followed immediately by a James Bond challenge!!

*or rather I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Queen

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster

What happened with the U-turn??? I suppose it went unaired, since they already showed the tea task at Tate Modern, but the U-turn vote wasn't showed.

Does it have any relation with Gal passing out in the preview, and the U-turn possibly not affecting the U-turned team? Should we suppose that Gal & Liel are going home this leg? There's also a picture in Gal's Instagram that shows him using crutches, idk.
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline bavariankid

• RFF Not So Newbie
What happened with the U-turn??? ... Does it have any relation with Gal passing out in the preview, and the U-turn possibly not affecting the U-turned team? Should we suppose that Gal & Liel are going home this leg? ...

Very hard to answer with the information available right now. I guess your best bet is to wait for next wednesday's episode.

The task during which Gals falls unconscious seems to be similar to season 2: one racer has to try to remain as still and unimpressed as possible and a racer from a competing team tries to provoke a reaction. The right picture shows Gal on his way down, face substantially paler than before. Maybe a blood pressure related issue ?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Where is that U-Turn?

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
Yesterday afternoon, I saw the Amazing Race Israel being filmed outside the Tate Modern on London's Southbank. There was a woman waiting around, who was dressed as a maid and standing by the river with multiple trolleys of tea. Slightly further down, there was a clue box and an all-male team standing by it.

It was located near the tea task, it probably went unaired.
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
On the picture, you can also see it's a Double U-Turn.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
On the picture, you can also see it's a Double U-Turn.

Good eye! I think you're right... Too bad it wasn't aired
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline bavariankid

• RFF Not So Newbie
Already two preview clips featuring the fallen Gal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGDbA7o-oiM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtWgC-UUcwk

I am not entirely sure if I like that kind of content in the Amazing Race :iok. Oh well, let's see how tonight's episode turns out.

Offline bavariankid

• RFF Not So Newbie
Episode 20 is online https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juiROjPC3nI

Gal's assessment by the local medic "dehydration, low on energy, standing for so long"

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love THE AMAZING RACE!!!
I think they should change the rule about forfeiting in the ducat...like trying to keep the battle going on instead of giving out clue, so they can have more footage. The team who forfeit the challenge can stay with the team who lose the battle at the last ducat, and receive the 15 minutes penalty together.

P.S. It's really unfortunate for this season. Two accidents in this season all happened in ducat challenge.

P.S.2. It's really fun to watch this hold-the-laughter challenge, but they should improve the challenge, such as setting an end/break time, else it'll be very tough for teams to execute.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:53:55 PM by hotriceguy »
"Rip it, Read it, and Keep Racing!" -Phil Keoghan
"I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS!!" -Nicole (TAR 23)
"Quebec just blew up!"- NATALIE SPOONER (TARC 2)

Offline bavariankid

• RFF Not So Newbie
P.S. It's really unfortunate for this season. Two accidents in this season all happened in ducat challenge.

Maybe a spreadsheet with all accidents this season would be interesting. Accident counter goes up by one e.g when ...

By the way, I find the scene with Daniel and his victim - and the following dialogue between the two - quite funny. Maybe something is wrong with me ...

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Actually, ALL THREE Double-Battles this season have involved a team forfeiting. Irit & Sinae did not fight the second-last team because the mother hurt her head. And then, of course, Roni & Yael at the kayaks and now Gal & Liel here.

Previously, only a single team had ever been injured during a Double-Battle, and that's Osnat & Carmit from Season 2. However, as HRG said, the battle continued even after O&C left. It was another team who ended up with the 15-minute penalty. O&C Left alongside this team.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: TAR ISRAEL 4 - (HaMerotz LaMillion 4) News, Media & LIVE Sightings *spoilers*
« Reply #144 on: February 04, 2015, 11:06:04 PM »
Ugh. Sick of people constantly voting for Vova & Ala

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR ISRAEL 4 - (HaMerotz LaMillion 4) News, Media & LIVE Sightings *spoilers*
« Reply #145 on: February 05, 2015, 10:08:31 AM »
Ugh. Sick of people constantly voting for Vova & Ala

Me too!!! They're not even the strongest team, and are actually one of the nicest (along with Shay & Shani, specially Shani, she is so funny, and also speaks perfect Spanish <3)! I hope Raz & Alexa get eliminated soon, i'm tired of Alexa constantly whining.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 10:12:47 AM by GonzaloChileno »
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #146 on: February 05, 2015, 11:28:49 PM »
LEG 4:

Tom & Uriel: Uriel talked to Ala, but Vova did not like to talk to him and often spoke in his native language, so Uriel had no idea what he was saying.
Alexa & Raz: The two teams had hardly spoken two or three words to one another. Raz initially does not want to, as he thinks they're weaker.
Gal & Liel: They think Vova & Ala are strong, and also connect with them and knew they would be "forgiven"
Shay & Adi: Viewed them as more of a threat than their second choice, Yochi & Linor
Roni & Yael: Choosing them made them feel less guilty, though they didn't feel it was strategic. Also, as no-one had ever voted for them before, they were under the false impression that they would remain anonymous.

LEG 5:

Alexa & Raz: Vova & Ala voted for them on the previous leg.
Gal & Liel: They felt the least connected to them throughout the race, in direct contradiction to their previous reasoning.
Yochi & Linor: They outright state that they do not want them in the race, because they are not relatable or friendly.
Tom & Uriel: They think the two are not unpleasant and cute, nothing can be done about their decision.
Shay & Adi: No reason given.
Roni & Yael: They think the they would be fighting Vova & Ala in the bottom two, so it's "us or them".

LEG 6:

Tom & Uriel: They do not wish to open any new feuds with other teams, and so will continue to vote as such until they cannot any more.
Gal & Liel: No reason given, implying their reason has not changed since the previous leg. Voted for them under a slough of positive comments.
Roni & Yael: Noting that Vova & Ala are always on their tail, and that they are a strong team who would always defeat them in Double-Battles
Alexa & Raz: Vova & Ala voted for them on the previous leg again. Alexa also doesn't feel guilty as they're the only team they have not connected with at all.
Shay & Adi: Chosen over Yochi & Linor, with no reason given.
Yochi & Linor: They are the closest team to them at the back of the pack. (Confusing and incorrect)

LEG 8:

Alexa & Raz: No reason given, "This is the game."
Gal & Liel: No reason given, "Sorry."
Daniel & Meiri: No reason given.
Tom & Uriel: No reason given, but they state that this will be the last time they will vote for them.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: February 05, 2015, 11:42:26 PM »
Thank you for that!!! So it seems like Vova & Ala are not nice or close to the other teams, but some of the reasons they give are just dumb, for instance Gal & Liel's contradictory statements. At first i thought it was a Group A vs Group B kind of feud, with some exceptions, like Yochi & Linor and now Daniel & Meiri voting against Vova & Ala.

Anyway i hope Vova & Ala stay as long as possible!
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #148 on: February 06, 2015, 10:49:15 AM »
It's not an issue of not being nice, but simply not being talkative or engaging, which I think makes it even worse.

Also, we've seen Michal & Ran and Talia & Koby on this forum, I really really hope to see someone from this season show up :D

Offline Ran_Michal

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
    • Michal & Ran
« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2015, 12:43:27 PM »
I believe that the decision whom to vote for is really not social but actually a surviving issue.
Only the first voting is social, thereafter they tend to vote to team that are already "marked".
Every team afraid to be voted and be delayed so they vote for those with the highest chance to be picked by others.