Author Topic: TAR ISRAEL 4 - (HaMerotz LaMillion 4) News, Media & LIVE Sightings *spoilers*  (Read 88497 times)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: TAR ISRAEL 4 - (HaMerotz LaMillion 4) News, Media & LIVE Sightings *spoilers*
« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2014, 12:32:12 AM »
Today was not a good episode for the stereotype of dumb blondes.  :funny: Yochi & Linor dropped the key to their vehicle and spent a long time looking for it, while Roni & Yael experienced a very different kind of Switchback; about 10 years later, and they relived dieselgate by putting unleaded fuel into their diesel vehicle. It was completely broken.

I am from Tbilisi. I just saw that they were here if i can help you with locations or something ask me :)

Hello, and thank you for the help!! When I was looking for the places on Google Earth, I really just had to guess for most of them :c Answers to any of the following are much appreciated:
-Does the location of the car junkyard look familiar to you? There was a sign at the entrance that said "TQKAP", but I don't know if that was a name for it or not.
-Where in the world is the Georgian Dance Academy? It's such a big impressive building that I'm surprised I couldn't find it...
-Do you know where the Tbilisi-Spa is?
-What about the "Olympic Reserves National Training Centre" or whatever it was called? I found an establishment in western Tbilisi that has to do with the Olympics and has a Track Field, but it might be a different place.
-Wikipedia says the Soviet-era apartments were in the Mukhiani District. Does that seem right or wrong to you?
-I couldn't find Alexander's Park either. I found a park near the Bridge of Peace, but I wasn't sure if it was right.
-I haven't tried looking for it, but I know I'm going to have no luck in finding the Dr. Ilya Stomtashvili Dental Office. If you could perhaps write our Ilya's name in the Georgian alphabet, that might help to find it.

Yeah, not a whole lot of success. :c Your help is greatly appreciated, even if you can't answer a single question  :hugs:
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR ISRAEL 4 - (HaMerotz LaMillion 4) News, Media & LIVE Sightings *spoilers*
« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2014, 04:45:04 AM »
1 Yes that location looks familiar to me just because as you can see there is a pit stop location (the church)
on the background which is on Temqa(where I live) and it looked so close i think the junkyard was there(on Temqa).
and also on Wikipedia i saw they called that side of detour "Zhrtil Shmeberbl" which is not true because host
said "Jartis chambarebeli" which means person who takes "Jarti"(old things). There are many that kind of places
in Tbilisi but Temqa looks most possible because it's suburbs.
2 on 5:21 there are girl and boy standing behind the host and there's written it's Erisioni's dance academy. they
have adress on რუსთაველის გამზ. 16, თბილისი or in english - Rustaveli ave. 16 , Tbilisi
3 their name is თბილისის ბალნეოლოგიური კურორტი (Tbilisi balneology resort) and adress is თბილისი, გორგასლის ქუჩა №9 in English -
Tbilisi, gorgasali str. N9
4 adress of this is ქ. თბილისი, თიანეთის გზატკეცილი № 25 or in english- City Tbilisi - Tianeti highway N25. If it is not
on google earth then i don't know. here's the link of their site http://www.olympiccentre.ge/?page=home
5 that seems completely right. they are called "khrushchovka" buildings I know it because i leave in one of them
6 one park that came to my mind is Alexander Pushkin's one and on this site there's map how to get there which I think is right
http://wikimapia.org/14456517/ka/%E1%83%9E%E1%83%A3%E1%83%A8%E1%83%99%E1%83%98%E1%83%9C%E1%83%98%E1%83%A1-%E1%83%A1%E1%83%99%E1%83%95%E1%83%94%E1%83%A0%E1%83%98
7 i don't know about that dentist, in Georgian - ილია სტომტაშვილი or ილია სთომთაშვილი. It's first time i heard about that
last name, however if you are trying to locate it: when teams were trieng to find him they were racing on
Davit Agmashenebeli Str. and Vagzlis Moedani so that office should be there
 I hope it helped and you enjoyed it because I think they used our culture for show greatly. Unfortunately I have only watched
3 episodes in Georgia haven't seen other two hope they are as good as previous ones. and also sorry if
I said something wrong grammatically, if there's something else ask me

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2014, 05:06:31 AM »
GB
by the way just saw episode 6 beginning and when they show woman holding a paper with doctors name on it there's an address too and it says: Agmashenebeli ave.55 and ridiculous thing is it is called "big pain" :D It is metres away from my school :( too bad I wasn't there and jokes about Shvili were good :D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 05:19:16 AM by bottle »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2014, 09:38:01 PM »
That is amazing help! Wow, thank you!

What church are you talking about in regards to the junkyard? I'm hesitant to put it in Temqa because if it were there, then this Detour would be more than 10 times as far away from the U-Turn as the other Detour, and that doesn't really sound fair...
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2014, 10:24:56 PM »
That is amazing help! Wow, thank you!

What church are you talking about in regards to the junkyard? I'm hesitant to put it in Temqa because if it were there, then this Detour would be more than 10 times as far away from the U-Turn as the other Detour, and that doesn't really sound fair...

I mean the pit stop location. On Wikipedia it is written as "chronicle of Georgia"  I just don't think this side of detour was held in the centre of the city. Temqa is more possible :)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2014, 08:45:43 PM »
There are TWO Akhalsopeli's in the immediate area surrounding Tbilisi. I want to say it's the one in the east, because that's closer to Gachiani and Rustavi, but I also think it's the one near Gori in the West because I seem to remember signs for Sukhumi and teams heading towards Gori en route to Akhalsopeli...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 08:49:27 PM by GB »

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2014, 06:18:54 AM »
Can't find 5_6

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2014, 08:38:25 AM »
There are TWO Akhalsopeli's in the immediate area surrounding Tbilisi. I want to say it's the one in the east, because that's closer to Gachiani and Rustavi, but I also think it's the one near Gori in the West because I seem to remember signs for Sukhumi and teams heading towards Gori en route to Akhalsopeli...
I think that's why Mother/Son team got lost because they went to Gori. It is more possible that they went to near Gachiani's Akhalsopeli

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2014, 08:39:59 PM »
For the first time on TAR Israel, a team misses their chance to use the Must-Vote U-Turn by being so far behind, while the team that DOES get U-Turned is forced to do something nearly impossible.

Also, hot Swedish models.

Offline bavariankid

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #109 on: December 21, 2014, 03:01:44 AM »
Also, hot Swedish models.

It looks like racers experienced different kinds of hot.

This kind of hot ...

and the kind of hot you get when you realize that your cute driver is more used to being chauffeured than chauffeuring others.

And I guess those cheeky Swedish birds did not make the pancake detour (getting 15 pancakes to a plate) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HaMerotz_LaMillion_4#Leg_4_.28Georgia_.E2.86.92_Sweden.29 any easier :cmaslol.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 03:35:50 AM by bavariankid »

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2014, 11:37:39 AM »
The amazing race Israel is better quality than USA's IMO and many twists,tasks and locations should be considered

Offline bavariankid

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2014, 01:15:57 PM »
The amazing race Israel is better quality than USA's IMO ...

Agreed. I have watched all TAR USA seasons and most of the international editions. TAR Israel is outstanding as a far as intensity of the challenges and "closeness" to the racers and their emotions is concerned.

If you have not found time to watch TAR Israel Season 3 I seriously recommend it - it is considered to be one of the best TAR seasons ever produced. I carry around the episodes on my walkman. Watching/ listening to the clips is kind of uplifting  when I feel down (ok, that sounded a bit nutty :cmas51).

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2014, 01:44:49 AM »
The amazing race Israel is better quality than USA's IMO ...

Agreed. I have watched all TAR USA seasons and most of the international editions. TAR Israel is outstanding as a far as intensity of the challenges and "closeness" to the racers and their emotions is concerned.

If you have not found time to watch TAR Israel Season 3 I seriously recommend it - it is considered to be one of the best TAR seasons ever produced. I carry around the episodes on my walkman. Watching/ listening to the clips is kind of uplifting  when I feel down (ok, that sounded a bit nutty :cmas51).

cultures are very nicely used in challenges e.g. first thing that comes to your mind from Sweden: massage,  blondes, ABBA and other things are in every challenge and also it is one of those shows on which teams have fun doing challenges and teams get eliminated after doing multiple challenges not just two or three and when i'm not watching it i fell like i'm missing out fun

Offline bavariankid

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #113 on: December 23, 2014, 02:45:05 PM »
Another exotic food item coming up in episode 10.

Looks like racers meet Surströmming :cmas32:.

According to wikipedia, ... a newly opened can of surströmming has one of the most putrid food smells in the world, even more so than similarly fermented fish dishes such as the Korean Hongeohoe or Japanese Kusaya. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surstr%C3%B6mming.

As a warmup for the episode you may want to check out a US guy doing the Surströmming challenge https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgV2imaOCao - provided you have no issues with mean food challenges that trigger all kinds of bodily functions :cmaslol.

Offline bavariankid

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #114 on: December 24, 2014, 03:48:36 AM »
Looks like racers meet Surströmming :cmas32:.

Just checked out the latest episode preview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhJCWlZQopc, definitely Surströmming.

Comparison pic is from http://mosterullas.se/leve-vasterbotten-surstromming-fran-halsingland/. Tonights episode should be fun :cmas16.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #115 on: December 24, 2014, 10:23:53 PM »
What? WHAT? WHAAAT?

No seriously, what kind of cliffhanger is that?!

The final task of the episode is basically kayak jousing, where the goal is to flip over the opponent's boat. Roni & Yael's boat gets flipped over, and Yael is screaming that Roni can't get out, she's stuck.

And the episode ends with the team they were with, Adi & Shay, crying.

Offline bavariankid

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #116 on: December 25, 2014, 03:22:55 AM »
No seriously, what kind of cliffhanger is that?!

Yup. Creative editing to create a dramatic cliffhanger. Got some reactions in Israel, too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzFeuCCv9CE.

I guess in the US little Timmy would be sniffeling on the couch and Phil would be getting some heat in form of viewer complaints :cmas12.

On the other hand I have seen far too many disturbingly boring TAR episodes - e.g. racers sitting with their butt on the ground solving puzzles or "family-friendly" tasks like adult racers leading bunnies on a string hopping over small obstacles.

I am willing to give the still young TAR Israel - that tends to use more intense roadblocks with a higher difficulty level than e.g. TAR USA, making it more fun to watch for adults - a pass on experimental editing or an overdramatic spin here and there. Of course, opinions may vary ...  :cmas28.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 04:03:52 AM by bavariankid »

Offline bavariankid

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #117 on: December 25, 2014, 06:40:42 AM »
Ok, I admit, lousy timing arguing with

... "family-friendly" tasks like adult racers leading bunnies on a string hopping over small obstacles.

Just saw episode 11 preview. Sigh :cmas11.

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #118 on: December 25, 2014, 12:24:40 PM »
in most cases there are more highlights in one episode than in total season of American version and seeing that Israeli version copied rabbit challenge if American one copies some great challenges it would be nice :D

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #119 on: December 25, 2014, 01:45:27 PM »
Family Friendly or not, you can't go wrong with bunny rabbits.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #120 on: December 27, 2014, 10:36:15 PM »
For those concerned, Roni was not injured but was incredibly traumatized. She and Yael forfeit the Double-Battle and fell to last place.

But they're still in because Yafa & Boaz had to quit. :c

Also, Twin-Shay turned into a Robot at the Pit Stop. Lul

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
The franchise makes only its second trip to Finland, something that is pretty much unbelievable.

In this episode: naked Finnish men, Angry Birds, and the National Mobile Phone-Throwing Championship. Yes, that's a real thing.

Quote of the episode: "F**k, my balls! My balls!" - Vova

Offline bavariankid

• RFF Not So Newbie
In this episode: naked Finnish men ...

Reactions of the girls are ... quite entertaining :cmas23. And based on the edit and interviews, they seem to take it all in good humor.

Of course, some people consider full-frontal male nudity a bit controversial ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ierj3a3_6Ow

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 01:57:44 PM by bavariankid »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Lern2Culture, Sherina...

Offline JSM

• RFF Jr. Member
im gonna ask political asylum in israel to apply  :xmas146