Author Topic: TAR Canada 2: SPECULATION and DISCUSSION of Spoilers  (Read 155690 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Canada 2: SPECULATION and DISCUSSION of Spoilers
« Reply #175 on: May 25, 2014, 06:25:17 AM »
I think there was a memory task some where.
Here's how i think it played out
Hockey wins
Pete and mickey get 2nd
Rob and ryan are 3rd.

If the memory task is hard then I can easily see rob and ryan getting second or even 1st.
To me, pete and mickey don't seem like the type of people good with memory.

Anyways, not really satisfied with this year's top 4.

If this is how it turns out, it sounds great to me. We'd have the first parent/child winners in the franchise (which Tim Sr. has been adamant about pointing out :P ) followed by an all-female winner. The American version's only had two of those.

And since the person who recognized Rob & Ryan said one of them had a cancer-related backstory, it'd be nice to see them in the final 3, as well.

I hate to nit-pick, but wasn't that said about Dave & Connor?  :funny:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #176 on: May 25, 2014, 06:45:52 AM »
Hockey wins
Pete and mickey get 2nd
Rob and ryan are 3rd.

If the memory task is hard then I can easily see rob and ryan getting second or even 1st.

If this is how it turns out, it sounds great to me. We'd have the first parent/child winners in the franchise (which Tim Sr. has been adamant about pointing out :P ) followed by an all-female winner. The American version's only had two of those.

And since the person who recognized Rob & Ryan said one of them had a cancer-related backstory, it'd be nice to see them in the final 3, as well.

Dave & Connor is the first in TAR US. Tim & Tim is the first in all franchise.

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #177 on: May 25, 2014, 11:25:57 AM »
Here is the article on Ryan for the Canadian Cancer Society:
http://myonething.ca/blog/2012/09/ryan-steeles-one-thing/

....Who is Ryan Steele? And what do our readers need to know about you?I am a Vancouver based sketch comedian who is one half of the super hilarious Ryan and Amy Show. I have been doing sketch around the city for over 5 years now and am currently working on my first television show. I am also a cancer survivor! I was diagnosed with testicular cancer when I was 19 years-old and have been clean and healthy for 15 years now. I underwent 4 rounds of chemotherapy and 2 large surgeries that have made me the strong well rounded man I am today....

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: May 25, 2014, 01:04:45 PM »
Here is the article on Ryan for the Canadian Cancer Society:
http://myonething.ca/blog/2012/09/ryan-steeles-one-thing/

....Who is Ryan Steele? And what do our readers need to know about you?I am a Vancouver based sketch comedian who is one half of the super hilarious Ryan and Amy Show. I have been doing sketch around the city for over 5 years now and am currently working on my first television show. I am also a cancer survivor! I was diagnosed with testicular cancer when I was 19 years-old and have been clean and healthy for 15 years now. I underwent 4 rounds of chemotherapy and 2 large surgeries that have made me the strong well rounded man I am today....

So in a nutshell, Ryan is this season's "feel-good story" Racer. Even though we have yet to actually see him race, he sounds like the kind of person I'd root for :)

Of course, if he does something uncouth then editing can make him look like whatever they want.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #179 on: May 25, 2014, 02:01:35 PM »
I came upon this interesting tweet:
Amanda ‏@amanacondaa May 21
they were filming a chevrolet commercial on major's hill park this evening. what are the stats for pick-up truck owners in ottawa?
3:32 PM - 21 May 2014

This was the night before the final leg was filmed. Major's Hill Park is on a bump out of land between the Parliament Buildings and the National Gallery. It is a very iconic spot to take pictures, especially when the tulips are in bloom (which they were), because the Parliament buildings serve as a back drop. Chevrolet is a sponsor again this year. The prizes have not been announced yet. I am not saying this could be the finish line, but it could make for a nice "money shot". I just thought it would be worth posting just in case.

LOL. When TAR ended in Atlanta at the Swan House, production told me they were filming a "Ford Commercial" and it was a closed set.

Yeah, right. :lolmao:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: May 25, 2014, 02:07:54 PM »
they were filming a chevrolet commercial on major's hill park this evening. what are the stats for pick-up truck owners in ottawa?

This was the night before the final leg was filmed. Major's Hill Park is on a bump out of land between the Parliament Buildings and the National Gallery. It is a very iconic spot to take pictures, especially when the tulips are in bloom (which they were), because the Parliament buildings serve as a back drop. Chevrolet is a sponsor again this year. The prizes have not been announced yet. I am not saying this could be the finish line, but it could make for a nice "money shot". I just thought it would be worth posting just in case.

LOL. When TAR ended in Atlanta at the Swan House, production told me they were filming a "Ford Commercial" and it was a closed set.

Yeah, Major's Hill Park could very well have been the finish line. Good point!

Just like last season's finish line on Olympic Island. The cars were right there, and they had a perfect view of the Toronto skyline in the background (they used that same shot to talk about the cars in every episode, too).

I was just looking  up what the place looks like, and I could totally picture Jon and the teams standing there.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 02:10:58 PM by Maanca »

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #181 on: May 25, 2014, 04:53:06 PM »
There were also reports in that Reddit thread I posted of that helicopter buzzing around the market and going as far east as (...and slowing down over) the Governor General's house at 1 Sussex Drive. The market is close to the National Gallery, but the GG's house is a bit away. There is a lot of parkland in that area.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: May 26, 2014, 05:54:46 AM »
Hockey wins
Pete and mickey get 2nd
Rob and ryan are 3rd.

Dave & Connor is the first in TAR US. Tim & Tim is the first in all franchise.

The joke is that Dave & Connor where seen as a likeable and rootable team before TAR 22, and of cause you know what happened.  :funny:

Heck, I got nearly banned from this forum for defending them. Waste of a Get Out of Jail Free card.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #183 on: May 26, 2014, 08:14:19 PM »
New London, PEI (Lucy Maud Montgomery birthplace) to Moncton, New Brunswick is only a 2 hour drive via the 18 km long Confederation Bridge. Just noting that they did not need to fly. It would also account for their "disappearance" between these two locations. My theory is that the L.M.M. house was the pitstop and they drove to Moncton. FYI Moncton is home to Magnetic Hill.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #184 on: May 26, 2014, 08:51:28 PM »
New London, PEI (Lucy Maud Montgomery birthplace) to Moncton, New Brunswick is only a 2 hour drive via the 18 km long Confederation Bridge. Just noting that they did not need to fly. It would also account for their "disappearance" between these two locations. My theory is that the L.M.M. house was the pitstop and they drove to Moncton. FYI Moncton is home to Magnetic Hill.

I can only imagine what that greeter would look like, Sue :P

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #185 on: May 26, 2014, 09:50:23 PM »

I can only imagine what that greeter would look like, Sue :P

Young red haired girl, braided pig-tails, straw hat, freckles. Just a guess. LOL :iok

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: May 28, 2014, 10:34:31 AM »
I can't help but wonder if there was a first leg and 11th team that was completely missed, 10 just seems like an unusual number. But then again, you know Amazing Race nowadays often likes to start off with something big (referring in this case to the skydive onto the beach).

Guess we'll find out when they officially reveal the teams :)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:41:00 AM by Maanca »

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #187 on: May 28, 2014, 10:57:24 AM »
I can't help but wonder if there was a first leg and 11th team that was completely missed, 10 just seems like an unusual number. But then again, you know Amazing Race nowadays often likes to start off with something big (referring in this case to the skydive onto the beach).

I have wondered the same thing because of that very first tweet that said teams were spotted on a flight from T.O. to Calgary. But she also said that the teams were "all young". I am also waiting to find out how many episodes there are. If they stick to last year's schedule, they should start releasing info in about 2 to 2/12 weeks!

Offline Youp

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #188 on: May 29, 2014, 01:18:33 AM »

I have wondered the same thing because of that very first tweet that said teams were spotted on a flight from T.O. to Calgary. But she also said that the teams were "all young". I am also waiting to find out how many episodes there are. If they stick to last year's schedule, they should start releasing info in about 2 to 2/12 weeks!

TAR Asia started the 1st two season with non elimination legs, maybe TAR Canada did the same thing, could account for an extra leg.   ???

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #189 on: June 05, 2014, 10:56:06 AM »
Apparently, there are going to be 12 episodes (see my post under Media). So we are either missing a leg, OR there could be a "reunion" show.  :gaah:

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #190 on: June 05, 2014, 11:00:47 AM »
I'm sure the missing leg is between Winnipeg and Paris... Maybe Cuba, or the DR?

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #191 on: June 05, 2014, 11:44:44 AM »
I'm sure the missing leg is between Winnipeg and Paris... Maybe Cuba, or the DR?

Well, there are several times where we could have missed something. But the more I think of it, I am kind of liking the idea that someone suggested and they went to Normandy. Especially since this year marks the 70th anniversary of D-Day (it's actually tomorrow!!!)

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #192 on: June 05, 2014, 10:19:15 PM »
Cuba would be kinda cool as TARUS will never visit there

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #193 on: June 16, 2014, 10:22:30 AM »

Yeah, Major's Hill Park could very well have been the finish line. Good point!

Just like last season's finish line on Olympic Island. The cars were right there, and they had a perfect view of the Toronto skyline in the background (they used that same shot to talk about the cars in every episode, too).

I was just looking  up what the place looks like, and I could totally picture Jon and the teams standing there.

I was waiting impatiently for CTV to announce the prizes....YEP 2 Chevy Silverados!!!  :wohoo:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #194 on: June 17, 2014, 01:01:25 PM »
So...why does the TAR page at CTV say a HALF MILLION DOLLAR prize? Could it be increased to $250,000 EACH? ???

'The Amazing Race Canada' gets pumped up with super premium half-a-million
dollar grand prize

Or does CTV join CBS in worst proof reading ever?  :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #195 on: June 17, 2014, 01:10:05 PM »
The prize's overall value is 500k. 250K cash + the extras = 500k

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #196 on: June 17, 2014, 01:28:49 PM »
Seems odd wording...but okay!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #197 on: June 18, 2014, 08:25:14 AM »
Potential Starting Line Elim?  :'( :'( :'(

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #198 on: June 18, 2014, 08:58:29 AM »
I was thinking that or injury or they fell way behind.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: June 18, 2014, 09:37:16 AM »
I was thinking that or injury or they fell way behind.

It's a shame.

They sound like the perfect representation of the east coast, and when that region gets its first team they're the first out :(