(1/20) > >>

georgiapeach:
Dave O’Leary and Connor O’Leary

Name: David O’Leary
Hometown: Salt Lake City, Utah
Previous Seasons: Season 22
Current occupation: Real estate investor
Describe what you do: Own and operate apartment buildings
Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: By not reading a clue completely, we had to go back to retrieve our dive gear bag, which made us lose precious time. While running to the mat, I ruptured my Achilles tendon and tore my calf muscle.
Most memorable moment from your first Race: Winning the fourth leg in Bali while on crutches.
Favorite place you visited on your first season: Bali
Why do you want to run the Race again? Really wanted to see how far we could go without an injury - could we get further than we did while on crutches?
How have you changed since the last time you competed? Running with a surgically repaired Achilles and recovering calf muscle, and maybe a little more prepared in terms of having an idea what to expect. Also a year older, which at my age can be significant.
What are you passionate about? My family, faith, cycling, outdoors and travel.
People would be surprised to learn: That I have five children (Connor is the youngest and the only boy) and that I have seven grandchildren.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Communication. We are both strong willed and think we are right most of the time. We will need to try and work together when we both think we need to be going somewhere else, or doing something different.
Pet peeve about your teammate: He can be kind of messy. He will not worry as much as I do about what is coming and what we need to do to be prepared.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would like to visit Myanmar as I understand it has not yet been Westernized with American and international businesses such as McDonalds, etc.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Hope to prove to myself that I could make it further than we did in the prior season and that we can compete against some of the most experienced teams ever on the Race.
Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: My objective is to never be last on any leg and be first on the last leg. We need to slow down and think about what we are going to do before we rush off without understanding exactly what we need to do. NOT RUPTURE ANYTHING.  

Name: Connor O’Leary
Hometown: Salt Lake City, Utah
Previous Seasons: Season 22
Current occupation: Student and professional cyclist
Describe what you do: I race bicycles, and I am a senior at the University of Utah.
Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: We made a lot of mistakes the first time around, but the one that stands out is definitely when we forgot our dive bags on the second leg. It forced us to waste a lot of energy, and may have cost us my dad’s torn Achilles.
Most memorable moment from your first Race: Jumping out of a helicopter in Bora Bora on the first leg. Does it get any better, or more memorable than that?
Favorite place you visited on your first season: My favorite place we went last season was definitely Indonesia. It was such an awesome place, and we had the opportunity to be immersed in the culture. It was amazing.
Why do you want to run the Race again? Our Race was cut short last time. My dad had an injury that required us to withdraw, and to have this second chance is amazing. I want to show what a father and son can do.
How have you changed since the last time you competed? I personally haven’t changed much since we last competed. It was only a year ago, so I am a year older, but most importantly, my dad is healthy, and hopefully we can compete this time around without any injuries.
What are you passionate about? I am passionate about my family, friends, the outdoors and my religion.
People would be surprised to learn: I love to cook. I would love to open up a little café or juice bar/salad shop.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: We are both extremely hard-headed, and both think we are right all the time… we are both usually wrong.
Pet peeve about your teammate: When he flosses his teeth (which is about 10x a day), and when he chews.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would love to go to either China or India. They are two places I have never been. They both have such rich customs, cultures and traditions, and it would be amazing to see.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? To have an amazing experience with my Dad. He isn’t getting any younger, and our chances to do something like the Race are getting smaller. Just having the opportunity to spend this time with my dad is worth more than a million dollars.
Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: We really need to focus on slowing down and reading our clues. I also want to try and keep my old man in one piece, which is the primary goal, and has proven to be tough. 

georgiapeach:
http://www.youtube.com/v/KeB9kToObPQ

georgiapeach:
http://www.youtube.com/v/Ewua2Jdr0yA/

Air:
I fear for their edit this season, I mean if they got such a big presence on TAR22, ugh.

couchracer:
I really like this team. Maybe a first parent/child win?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version