Archive > The Amazing Race 23 Spoilers

TAR 23 East Coast EP 1 SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**

<< < (28/28)

georgiapeach:
Nice!! :tup:

maf:

--- Quote from: Vitoko on October 04, 2013, 10:02:58 PM ---I can confirm there were at least 2 paragliding companies, one was OASISFLY, this was tweeted that day:

--- End quote ---

Perhaps the reason they used two companies is that they wanted to be prepared to handle all teams at once. That is they needed 11 different instructors with tandem chutes ready.

This would be needed if the first flight got delayed  and all the teams arrived more or less at the same time. I assume that it takes quite a while to perform the flight, pack up the chute and drive back up to the starting position and make ready for another flight.

/MaF

Vitoko:

--- Quote from: maf on October 06, 2013, 03:43:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: Vitoko on October 04, 2013, 10:02:58 PM ---I can confirm there were at least 2 paragliding companies, one was OASISFLY, this was tweeted that day:

--- End quote ---

Perhaps the reason they used two companies is that they wanted to be prepared to handle all teams at once. That is they needed 11 different instructors with tandem chutes ready.

This would be needed if the first flight got delayed  and all the teams arrived more or less at the same time. I assume that it takes quite a while to perform the flight, pack up the chute and drive back up to the starting position and make ready for another flight.

/MaF

--- End quote ---

Probably, it takes like 20-30 minutes to paraglide down to the beach, and another 20-30 minutes to go back to Iquique... that's without time to gather the equipement and check it for safety.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version