Author Topic: "Talia and Koby" HaMerotz LaMillion 3 **WINNERS**  (Read 7843 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
"Talia and Koby" HaMerotz LaMillion 3 **WINNERS**
« on: September 05, 2013, 02:36:33 PM »
Please join me in welcoming Koby and Talia to RFF!

We are so excited to hear anything they can share about their experiences!!  :hearts:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: "Talia and Koby" HaMerotz LaMillion 3 **WINNERS**
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 05:56:46 AM »
 :bigwelcome from Singapore. Wish I understood Hebrew. The race seems interesting (but a bit long)!

Offline Koby and Talia

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 04:42:52 PM »
Hi!
Happy to be here  :ghug:
Regarding the length - Rumor has it that the american format owners were skeptic regarding the Israeli racers' ability to withstand our super long legs. Evidently - we can!
We have only one season each year (compared with 2/Y in the US) - so more episodes are somewhat expected (although the Australian one is also 1/Y?).
The most important explanation for our long season, is that the Israeli race is more about characters and character development than about the race itself. It is a cross between a soap and an action series.

Offline Koby and Talia

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 12:31:03 PM »
We scanned through the US racers QA thread and these are our answers to some of your questions:
Pack weight - Talia 9Kg, Koby 10Kg. Including Water and food supplies.

Race preparation -
It is important to note that we were not sure we were "in it" until a few days before it started.

We took a personal P.E. trainer that trained us for multiple scenarios (cross fit training) - strength, stamina, balance and most importantly identifying breaking points and over coming them. We think it was marines methodology, but then again - they all claim that  blahblah

Koby was in charge of equipment - and you only receive a vague description of what you should bring along with you (no they do not tell you to bring a headlight with you. some of them actually didn't  :oh). We used "super trail" equipment lists to compile what we needed to take with us - as they are usually targeted at cross-functionality and low weight.
Equipment worth noting - we ran with dry food (also referred to as GORP) so we would not have to think about food. We had Talk powder, that enabled Koby to make the final cable car climb (not mentioned in the episode, but you can see it on his hands, coming down the second time) and a cord that doubled as a spare shoe lace and as a drying line for laundry.
As much of outfits as we could manage were dry fit, as in the Israeli version you do not know when the pit-start will be.
Equipment we wished we had with us and didn't think to bring along - protein powder, as Talia is a vegetarian.

Mental preparation -
This one is obvious - we watched, and analyzed, all US seasons and available international versions.

We debated learning Spanish but, unfortunately, decided that costs were amounting to "too much".

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 01:15:25 PM »
Hey guys! Luv ya! Was rooting for you the whole time! You were some of the most sweetest and lovable racers, even if I could barely understand you :P

I was wondering what those little necklaces are that all the teams wear? I'm guessing microphones, but if so, they seem like really odd microphones :I

About how long after your arrival did Romi & Coral show up? How about Ma'ayan & Bat-El?

What would you say were some of your most favourite tasks from the race? What were your least favourites (Besides eating the meat?)

And finally, I thought I'd let you know that I just finished your page on the wiki! http://realityfanwiki.com/index.php?title=Talia_%26_Koby
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Traveller7

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 12:48:55 AM »
Hey guys! Luv ya! Was rooting for you the whole time! You were some of the most sweetest and lovable racers, even if I could barely understand you :P

I was wondering what those little necklaces are that all the teams wear? I'm guessing microphones, but if so, they seem like really odd microphones :I

About how long after your arrival did Romi & Coral show up? How about Ma'ayan & Bat-El?
What would you say were some of your most favourite tasks from the race? What were your least favourites (Besides eating the meat?)

And finally, I thought I'd let you know that I just finished your page on the wiki! http://realityfanwiki.com/index.php?title=Talia_%26_Koby

The things around their necks are microphones. The Philippine Amazing Race used the same things and I recall someone asking a production crew member on twitter what they were and that's what she said.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 03:53:48 AM »

We took a personal P.E. trainer that trained us for multiple scenarios (cross fit training) - strength, stamina, balance and most importantly identifying breaking points and over coming them. We think it was marines methodology, but then again - they all claim that  blahblah

Its Sayeret 13 methodology I think (you Israelis have the coolest special forces).

Offline Koby and Talia

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 12:27:04 PM »

Thanks for your support!!
The necklaces are indeed microphones.
We arrived 15 minutes before the sisters and they, in turn, arrived about 10 minutes before the cousins.

Our favorite tasks were the time spent with the dogs in Paris (for Talia) and the Salsa in Cuba (for Koby). Worst task, hands down, was the "find the lock" task in Paris. It was freezing, there were A LOT of locks, and to top it off Talia had a weight belt on her to imitate the hump.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 12:49:34 PM »
What does "imitate the hump" mean please? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Koby and Talia

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 01:20:49 PM »
What does "imitate the hump" mean please? ???

Talia was ostensibly imitating Quasimodo, so she had a 18 pound weight on her for the duration...

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 03:39:55 PM »
I wonder if that task would've been any less painful for all the teams if it had happened during the day...

HaMerotz LaMillion 3 was notable to me because it had a /very/ unusual Roadblock/Detour scheme. Neither in leg 2, two in a row with just a Detour, then two in a row with only Roadblock(s), followed by a leg with TWO Detours.

This is also the race with the least amount of overall Roadblocks, having only seven. I know that during season 1, racers were still limited to doing only seven Roadblocks each (Even though there was only 10). Was there a different limit for you guys during this season?

And was there any country you were really hoping to go to that you didn't?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Koby and Talia

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 09:31:27 AM »
As I mentioned before - the Israeli version is more of a soap than an action series.
I think the producers are less inclined to have roadblocks, as these involve only one team member, which is less interesting - in their opinion.
We were limited to 6 roadblocks each.

We thought the race course would be much as it was - except for Morocco. We really wanted to go there (Talia is adequate in Arabic). We actually found out that they were thinking about it but decided against it.