Archive > Big Brother 15

It's getting ugly out there!

(1/24) > >>

ugot2bekidinmeny:
It never takes long for the "Big Brother" hamsters to let their true colors show in the house and Season 15 is no exception. Keep reading if you'd like to know exactly what the houseguests are up to, or sign up for the live feeds to see for yourself.

First, let's talk about Jeremy. We thought he was a sweet kid but kind of dumb when we met him. Turns out we were half right.

Jeremy likes nothing more than to refer to all the women in the house as "b*****es" -- seriously, it's left and right, it's all the time. Furthermore, he's been hooking up with Kaitlin in the house. Fine, whatever. Hook-ups happen on "Big Brother."

RELATED: BB swimsuit pics

But Saturday on the live feeds, he was bragging to David about how he touched Kaitlin's vagina because he wants "to see what [he's] working with." But he also called it her "meat wallet."

Who raised this kid? Because they sure didn't raise him to respect women.

Speaking of which, Spencer made a great impression on us at the press junket. But since being in the house, he has called Andy a f** and the women the c-word. Dude, that is not cool at all. Where does such hate come from?

Turning to the subject of race, last night Aaryn, Kaitlin and GinaMarie got rather ugly talking about Candice and Howard, saying that blacks stick together and that they're "tokens" in the house.

RELATED: Nighttime BB hook-ups

GinaMarie also said that Candice's "blackness" is showing now that she's not on the block and, honestly, we don't even know what that means. Everybody seems to hate Candice despite the fact that we've mostly only see her cook for people and be pretty nice.

So, if that's what letting your "blackness" show means, maybe we should all let our blackness out.

Candice and Aaryn had a little confrontation about whether or not Candice bent Aaryn's hat and right in the middle of it, Aaryn snottily told Candice that it's "asked, not axed," making fun of her accent.

It's not exactly n-word levels of racism, but it's pretty ugly nonetheless. And we're not done with little miss Aaryn.

Aaryn is pretty much the worst. She freaks out on David, her "showmance," when he so much as looks at another girl. Literally, she had a fit on Saturday when he put sunscreen on Jessie's back.

She also made fun of Helen for crying and said, "Dude, shut up, go make some rice," then was talking to Kaitlin about how Andy will probably get MVP next week because "people love the queers," but that nobody will vote "for who that queer puts up."

Lovely, right? Way to reinforce all the stereotypes about white Southern people, Aaryn. Not that only Southerners are racist --  Kaitlin and GinaMarie are hardly any better, which is disappointing because they seemed so nice on press day.

UPDATE: I Hate Big Brother says GinaMarie added that they should make Helen's "eyes straight" -- and Kaitlin called that "rude," to which GM responded, "Funny."

Um, no. And Kaitlin, don't think you can get back in our good graces by calling out one comment, though at least that's a start.

UDPATE II: Ragan Fox of "Big Brother 12" has written an open letter to CBS not to edit the way these people are behaving out of the broadcast.

So, just keep all this in mind when we start to see what kind of edits these people get from CBS.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/06/big-brother-15-house-the-racism-misogyny-and-homophobia-comes-out.html

ugot2bekidinmeny:
AN OPEN LETTER TO BIG BROTHER’S PRODUCTION TEAM

I just read Andrea Reiher’s Zap2It article in which she documents racism, misogyny, and homophobia that’s already emerged in the Big Brother 15 house. Feed watchers have watched Spencer call women “c#nts” and spit the word “fag” in Andy’s face. Similarly, Aaryn complained that Andy would most likely get next week’s MVP because “people love the queers.” Aaryn’s also demanded Candice, an African American woman, say “asked, not axed” and suggested Helen, the season’s sole Asian American houseguest, should “go make some rice.” GinaMarie also wondered if they could make Helen’s eyes straight. And this is only WEEK 1! Imagine what will happen when they forget about the cameras.

Houseguests GinaMarie, Aaryn, and Kaitlin referred to historically marginalized players as “tokens.” Sadly, they aren’t too far off in their assessment. Characters like Andy, Candice, Howard, and Helen are reduced to mere tokens when production fails to include micro-aggressions that they have to endure on a day-to-day basis. What’s the point of casting racial, ethnic, and sexual minorities if production’s going to edit out the racism, ethnic discrimination, and homophobia that these people encounter inside the house? Moreover, why do historically marginalized players have the exclusive burden of narrating past acts of racial, ethnic, and sexual brutalization when we see this sort of discrimination enacted INSIDE THE HOUSE?

Big Brother, I LOVE you, but, if you really want to provide a groundbreaking twist, SHOW CBS VIEWERS HOW SOME STRAIGHT, WHITE PEOPLE talk about gays, Asian Americans, and African Americans. Capitalize on the Paula Deen controversy! Hate speech is currently a hot topic in the United States. It would be irresponsible to punt on this issue. What makes Aaryn’s homophobia and racism especially insidious is that it comes packaged in a bright-eyed, pageant-like exterior. I mean, how can somebody so sweet looking spew so much venom? Viewers would have to SEE it to BELIEVE it.

Let’s hope the series’ “expect the unexpected” refrain holds true.

Sincerely,

Ragan

http://raganfox.wordpress.com/2013/06/30/an-open-letter-to-big-brothers-production-team/

Will4Pres:
This is unbelievable, 
I think CBS will totally side step the controversy, only because they do it every year.
Everyone who watches the live feeds knows there is way more to the story then what plays out on tv.
I remember a few times watching something play out on tv and thinking,. I watched the live feed of that and that isn't even what happened... CBS is the master of editing. 

In reality of the situation.. what can CBS really do about it.
They can't ex-spell someone for offending others...
It will be pretty interesting to watch it play out and I can't wait for tonights ep!

northernlite:
I am not for censoring anybody's speech. It is a reality show and this is the reality of how some people act in this world. We were all taught about stick and stones as children, besides the racial slurs are just shining a glaring spotlight on the idiots.  The nasty sexual comments are also warning every decent woman off these guys for life. 

Bandit3S:
I am thrilled that Ragan wrote the letter, but am afraid that CBS will just gloss over it all. They are the ones that cast these people, and they won't want that to reflect back on them. Reminds me of Jerry when they made him out to be this sweet old guy in the edit, when he was so NOT!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version