Author Topic: TAR Vietnam 2--ReCaps are here!!  (Read 38022 times)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TAR Vietnam 2--ReCaps are here!!
« on: May 28, 2013, 12:44:30 PM »
I've run across some indications that TAR Vietnam 2 may be starting to film in the next week or two. I wasn't aware before this that TAR Vietnam was going to have a second season, so I thought I'd pass the news along. I'm not completely comfortable about posting what I found just yet and I'll try to get additional confirmation if I can.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 01:38:06 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Vietnam 2!!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 04:13:02 PM »
Do we have any proofs beyond those "indications" ?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 05:56:16 PM »
Are we looking at an international or a domestic race?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 07:36:50 PM »
Declive, I found something that probably shouldn't have been on the internet and I'm not comfortable revealing it at this time. Beyond that, I have no proof. Hopefully more will materialize later on. I'm sorry that I have to be mysterious about it, but I don't want to get anyone from TAR Vietnam in trouble.

Airlinesguy, I don't have any information about whether it will be an international race or one inside Vietnam.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 05:50:50 PM »
Oh , ok than. No worries!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 06:39:17 PM »
OMG. Clash with TAR23? <3

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 12:22:05 AM »
OMG. Clash with TAR23? <3
or even TARAus 3 :lol3:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 07:48:30 PM »
It appears that TAR Vietnam 2 started filming today:

Kim Lee ‏@OfficialKimlee 6h
Day one shooting Amazing Race in Saigon. Was soooo hot 😥 pic.twitter.com/BKW0a2JdLb

Since the race has started, I can reveal that Kim Lee was the source of the information I had about TAR Vietnam 2. She's been tweeting for the last week or 10 days that she was going to be involved with TAR Vietnam 2 in some way, probably as a contestant. While it was apparently OK with the producers that she was tweeting (since she is still on the show) and is now tweeting during the race, I didn't want to take any chances of getting her removed by publicizing it in advance.

Her Twitter account lists her as appearing in "HANGOVER 2 , MAXIM & FHM COVER GIRL. #1 2011 FHM SEXIEST WOMAN OF THE WORLD" and available for DJ gigs. Her web page http://misskimlee.com appears to have been moved into a holding pattern from I saw a week or so back.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 12:37:48 AM »
Were TAR VietNam contestants allowed to tweet during the race? If not, she may be production.  Good find, PM!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 07:58:33 PM »
Maybe she is with production, but I figured a model was more likely to be a contestant. Production seems more likely if she is tweeting. Maybe she's a replacement host?

Anyway, she has made several tweets today about going to a modeling photo shoot in Saigon. I can't imagine that they would let her out to do that if she's racing. There's nothing about filming TAR Vietnam today, so I guess it's an off day.

I'm finding her Twitter feed and the events she is listing very strange. I'm hoping she will put up a picture of a clue box or something unquestionably TAR soon.

Offline doremon.0504

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • The Amazing Race Forever
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 10:37:24 PM »

Team Kim Lee & Pharreal (DJ/DJ) (F/M)

Team PhaLe & VietDung (Singer/Actor) (F/M)

Team TienDat&Esther (Rapper/His girlfriend) (M/F)

Team S.T&C-Tut (Singer/cascadeur) (M/M)

Team ThuyDung&DucHung (TennisQueen/ Her friend) (F/M)

Team ThanhHoa&AnhTuan (Model) (F/M)

Team LinhSon&DoanManh (Actor/His partner) (M/M)

Team PhucVinh&LinhChi (Actor/His partner) (M/F)

Team ThuHien&LamAnh (Model) (F/F) (Only one team F/F)

MC HuyKhanh (Actor)

All team and winner of season 1 team Baiggo&ThanhPhuc
The Amazing Race Vietnam 2 starting July 26th on VTV3
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 10:55:25 PM by doremon.0504 »

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 11:10:22 PM »
Wow... lots of mactors. :lol:

Offline doremon.0504

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • The Amazing Race Forever
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 11:30:18 PM »
 The Amazing Race Vietnam Season 2: Celebrity Edition  :conf:  :conf:  :conf:  :conf:  :conf:  :conf:  :conf:

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 11:37:39 PM »
Celebrities and their loved ones, TARV Blood vs Water eh? I have never heard of any of them, and Huy Khanh is as bad as Dustin Nguyen in hosting.  (:;) (:;) (:;)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 11:54:46 PM by anhgau2007 »

Offline Quoc Nghia

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2013, 02:05:49 AM »
To many robotic actors, voiceless singers want the fame.  blahblah

The Amazing Race Vietnam 2: Floating celebrity edition. (Sorry about my English  :lol3:) Hope some couples have villain edit.

But I think Huy Khanh is not bad. I really like what he performed on Vietnam Idol.  :conf:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 04:15:10 AM »
They're just B or C-rank celebrity. The first couple (2 DJs) I have never heard before. I hate that most of them are Actors, Singers or Models. Only one is athlete.
I think I will go with the only F/F team (blue team). Hien is very strong girl. She has already traveled to many places with her motobike. So She has experimental. I don't like her partner much through. Diep Lam Anh is a strong girl but she has attitude. Alpha male team might be Green team. For M/F team, I prefer the Purple one.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2013, 04:36:54 PM »

Like for real they're in 'filming mode' and already released all of these pics and infos?!

Geez... :o

and one of the contestants can also go 'online' during the race...  :groan:

ughhh..

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 08:18:14 PM »

Like for real they're in 'filming mode' and already released all of these pics and infos?!

Geez... :o

and one of the contestants can also go 'online' during the race...  :groan:

ughhh..

Not only is she going online during the race, but she apparently went to a photoshoot in Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City and is now promoting an appearance in Bali on June 14th.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=543364435709302&l=b8891bb0e0

Here's a couple of her latest tweets.

Kim Lee ‏@OfficialKimlee 4 Jun
Beautiful day in Saigon. Getting ready to film. Day 2

Kim Lee ‏@OfficialKimlee 5 Jun
Bali, Indonesia!! See you soon!! http://fb.me/OEOLk6Ki

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 08:39:23 PM »

Ohh crapp..

So they are now going international?!

I guess my fellows in Bali don't really want to stalk them, but it's worth a shot, I'll try to ask them..

Thanks Plaidmoon!  :hoot:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 08:51:15 PM »
You were right, PM!! She WAS a contestant!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2013, 03:02:39 AM »

Ohh crapp..

So they are now going international?!

I guess my fellows in Bali don't really want to stalk them, but it's worth a shot, I'll try to ask them..

Thanks Plaidmoon!  :hoot:

After it had been posted here, I found the article in the Saigon Times (I think) that had the pictures of the teams. I didn't realize that the text hadn't been posted here or I would have done so. I'm not sure if I can find it now because I'm on another computer. Anyway, I'm fairly sure the article said TAR Vietnam wasn't leaving Vietnam, that it was a domestic race. That implies that Kim Lee is either planning to leave the country on a scheduled off day to do her appearance in Bali and then return before the next leg begins or she expects to be out of the race by then and free to travel. Either thought is shocking, at least to me.  :wtf:

I suspect your friends won't find much in Bali unless they go to her DJ show and manage to talk to her.

By the way, looking through her tweets shows that she spends much of her life on planes. In the last 7-10 days before TAR Vietnam 2 started, she flew from Vietnam back home to Los Angeles then to Prague for an appearance, back home to Los Angeles for a day or two and finally back to Vietnam for the Race. If she doesn't do well on the show, it's got to be partly due to accumulated jet lag.  :alarm

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2013, 03:10:08 AM »
You were right, PM!! She WAS a contestant!!

Thanks. I was about 90% sure she had to be a contestant because being a model, actress and DJ wouldn't lend itself to doing most of the jobs on the production team. Her outside activities were confusing though. Obviously it's a much more informal race than most of the other versions. Not only eat, sleep and mingle, but moonlight at other gigs and travel internationally on your own!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2013, 06:49:38 AM »
Second “Amazing Race” season gathers local celebrities

TUOITRENEWS
Updated : 06/06/2013 13:08 GMT + 7

Contestants of the reality show Amazing Race 2013.
TUOI TRE
PrevNext1
The second season of the Vietnamese version of the reality show “Amazing Race” began on June 5 with the participation of a number of local celebrities, instead of celebrities and their friends, like last year.

This year’s competitors include DJs Tien Dat and Kim Lee, singers Pha Le and 365 band member ST, models Diep Lam Anh, Thu Hien, Ha Viet Dung, and Thanh Hoa, and actors Nhan Phuc Vinh, Linh Son and Phareal Phuong.

The participants will be divided into nine teams of two and compete in the race around Vietnam to win the VND300million (US$14,423) prize.
Actor Huy Khanh will also take over from actor Dustin Nguyen’s as the show’s host.
The season’s twelve episodes will be broadcast at 8pm every Friday from July 27 on VTV3.
Baggio and Thanh Phuc were the winners of the first season.

Created by Elise Doganieri and Bertram van Munster, the original series has aired in the United States since 2001 and has earned thirteen Primetime Emmy Awards, including every award from 2003 to 2012 for "Outstanding Reality-Competition Program", except in 2010, when Top Chef won.

http://www.tuoitrenews.vn/lifestyle/10388/second-amazing-race-season-gathers-local-celebrities
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2013, 05:16:49 AM »
Kim is a contestant, she asked me about auditioning for TARV before. But seems like she's out of the race now. Second boot probably :res:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2013, 05:40:12 AM »
Kim is a contestant, she asked me about auditioning for TARV before. But seems like she's out of the race now. Second boot probably :res:

That makes sense if she's planning to have an appearance in Bali next week... :tup: