Other Great Reality Shows > American Idol

All Four Judges Fired For 2014?

(1/10) > >>

TexasLady:
Wow! I think this is a big mistake! Has AI jumped the shark?

"American Idol" is going nuclear for Season 13.

None of the four judges on the singing competition will be asked to return next season, an individual with knowledge of Fox's plans told The Wrap. Longtime producer Nigel Lythgoe is expected to get the boot. And despite reports to the contrary, Fox isn't even considering bringing former judge Jennifer Lopez back as a lifesaver for next season.

Like we said: nuclear.

"All four are gone," the insider told TheWrap. "They feel they've lost their core audience and they want it back."

Driven by this belief and the need to attract younger viewers, Fox is set to make major on-air changes to "Idol," the most notable of which will be an entirely new judging panel. New judges pop icon Mariah Carey, rapper Nicki Minaj and country star Keith Urban won't be back. Even original judge Randy Jackson won't survive the blood bath this time around.

A Fox spokesperson declined to comment for this story.

Read the rest of the article here

TexasLady:
Randy Jackson

Randy Jackson: I'm leaving 'Idol'
Bill Keveney, USA TODAY 7:41 p.m. EDT May 9, 2013
The musician and producer, who has been at the judges' table since the first season, says he's not coming back.

Dawg, he's no longer in it to win it.

Randy Jackson, the musician and producer who has been a judge on American Idol since Season 1, says he will not be coming back to the panel for Season 13 next year.

"Yo! Yo! Yo!" he said in a statement released by his publicist. "To put all of the speculation to rest, after twelve years of judging on American Idol I have decided to leave after this season. I am very proud of how we forever changed television and the music industry. It's been a life changing opportunity but I am looking forward to focusing on my company Dream Merchant 21 and other business ventures."

Fox declined comment.

The "speculation" Jackson refers to is Idol's drifting fortunes this season, with friction between panel-mates Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey, and ratings down double digits year over year. The situation has spurred conjecture and some unsourced reports that Fox is planning an overhaul for next spring's cycle.

The "speculation" Jackson refers to is Idol's drifting fortunes this season, with friction between panel-mates Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey, and ratings down double digits year over year. The situation has spurred conjecture and some unsourced reports that Fox is planning an overhaul for next spring's cycle.

With Simon Cowell and Paula Abdul, Jackson was part of the original 2002 judging trio that helped turn Idol into the country's biggest TV show and a pop culture phenomenon. Jackson and host Ryan Seacrest are the only on-air originals who remain.

Source

Jobby:
Jennifer Lopez was honestly a good judge. Who are they expecting, Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez? :res:

Jobby:
Read that Mariah had enough with Nicki and felt that she doesn't need this platform.

Polaroid:
I miss Randy + Paula + Simon so much... I doubt I'll watch next season with none of the original judges. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version