Author Topic: Amazing Race 23 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**  (Read 231336 times)

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
Re: Amazing Race 23 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**
« Reply #275 on: June 27, 2013, 02:01:27 AM »
Chris Pradana W. ‏@chrispewe 2m
Hemm gw rasa Amazing Race lagi mampir Bandung deh *abis ngeliatin bule lari2 pasangan pake kaos sama ada camera crewnya

Translate:
Hmmm I think Amazing Race is in Bandung. *Just saw foreigner's running in pair with clothes with camera crew
(damn slang, it's kinda hard to translate to proper English! :gaah:)

Someone please ask him where did he saw them! :hoot:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #276 on: June 27, 2013, 02:04:14 AM »
Gladys B. Manihuruk ‏@gladysgita 19m
Lagi banyak bule di shooting nih di dago, curiga deh amazing race bukan.hahaha

Translate:
Many foreigners are shooting in Dago, I suspect whether it's Amazing Race or not. hahaha

Note: Dago is an are located in Bandung. :)

Offline nuguseyo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #277 on: June 27, 2013, 02:17:31 AM »
Chris Pradana W. ‏@chrispewe 2m
Hemm gw rasa Amazing Race lagi mampir Bandung deh *abis ngeliatin bule lari2 pasangan pake kaos sama ada camera crewnya

Translate:
Hmmm I think Amazing Race is in Bandung. *Just saw foreigner's running in pair with clothes with camera crew
(damn slang, it's kinda hard to translate to proper English! :gaah:)

Someone please ask him where did he saw them! :hoot:

i already ask him, still waiting his reply

i also found another tweet & asking but no answer from him

@bramgalih 2h

di kampus saya kumpul angkatan sambil gigit jari pengen nonton The Amazing Race yang ke Bandung :(

translate:
on campus while I was gathering with friends force bite the fingers want to watch The Amazing Race in Bandung :
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 02:23:18 AM by nuguseyo »

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #278 on: June 27, 2013, 02:30:28 AM »
ดืมัจ ‏@dimasbobol 3m
Seriusan Simpang Dago ada shooting Amazing Race?

Translate: Are you serious that in Simpang Dago (Dago Intersection) there's Amazing Race shooting?

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #279 on: June 27, 2013, 02:32:53 AM »

Simpang Dago confirmed... Teams carrying watermelons (Detour spec)

Some of them are now in Roadblock location and shortly will head to the Pit Stop..

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline nuguseyo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #280 on: June 27, 2013, 02:38:00 AM »
i assuming the Pit Stop is in Gedung Sate  :cheer:
my dad ask his friend who working in the building, and his friend said there are many peoples were filming

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #281 on: June 27, 2013, 02:39:01 AM »
my dad ask his friend who working in the building, and his friend said there are many peoples were filming

Can you please tell your dad's friend to take a picture, please..? :js:

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #282 on: June 27, 2013, 02:41:49 AM »
Cical Fajar ‏@cical 1m
Denger dari @fjHaliri kalo hari ini ada shooting Amazing Race di Pasar Dago. Sayang ga liat :(

Translate: I heard from @fjJaliri that today there's a shooting for Amazing Race in Pasar Dago (Dago Market). Too bad I can't see (it). :(

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #283 on: June 27, 2013, 02:47:58 AM »

Are you sure that it's not demonstration/rally? ???

TELEVISINET.COM ‏@TELEVISINET 3m
Demo depan gedung sate pic.twitter.com/T94C1t3doA

Offline nuguseyo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #284 on: June 27, 2013, 02:54:42 AM »

Are you sure that it's not demonstration/rally? ???

TELEVISINET.COM ‏@TELEVISINET 3m
Demo depan gedung sate pic.twitter.com/T94C1t3doA

I tried to call my dad's friend directly but he did not answer :(
maybe he is busy, i'll try in a few more minutes

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #285 on: June 27, 2013, 02:57:07 AM »

Confirmed Detour Location: Bandung Zoo, Dago Marketplace something has to do with carts, fruits, and transporting...

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #286 on: June 27, 2013, 03:09:21 AM »
update from on the ground team:

first team (MF, blue T-shirt) arrived at the roadblock. Location: SAUNG ANGKLUNG UDJO. hehehe... i knew they would come there  :hearts:  the roadblock must be similar with leg in Scotland last season. playing an Angklung (traditional music instrument from bamboo)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 11:35:02 AM by nyoman_sb1 »

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #287 on: June 27, 2013, 05:52:00 AM »

The leg has just ended with the last team checking in 15 minutes ago...

Coming soon: RFF's Live Report Special Edition from Bandung, Indonesia

(Hope our team get home safe and quickly upload the photos ;D )

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #288 on: June 27, 2013, 07:29:55 AM »
Great job guys, as always!  :hoot:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #289 on: June 27, 2013, 08:35:27 AM »
Great job guys, as always!  :hoot:

Yeah!  The RFF spies are great at finding out where the teams are going!

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #290 on: June 27, 2013, 10:58:42 AM »

LIVE REPORT

LEG-???

Detour  Roadblock Pit Stop

Leg ?? ( ?? Indonesia)                                             
  • ??, ??   ( ?? ) to Bandung, Indonesia (Hussein Sastranegara Int'l Airport)
  • Villa Bandung Indah, Cileunyi
  • Bandung (City Zoo & Dago Marketplace)
  • Bandung (Saung Angklung Udjo)
  • Lembang, Bandung (Bosscha Observatory)

Teams that are running this leg are :

So... Here Comes the Adventure of a Lifetime

Based on First-hand accounts of Proudly TAR Indonesian Fans Group in partner with RealityFanForum :
- mellodoo
- aryantsoeseno
- doodledee
- zegha, and
- aivenaamir

Wednesday, 26 June 2013

2.30 PM (GMT+8) my iPad was buzzing with sound-alerts a couple times, curious with what's going on, I checked my Inbox and Peach already spamming me from all possible social network streams and emails...

"Hurry Get to LIVE! There's a sighting and they're in Bandung!"

What?!? I suffer an immediate-shockwave all over my body and mind for a second and at first I doubt it because they just went here two seasons in a row out of three times visit..

But, anyway, I told her that I'm still at work and will investigate this later in the evening...

3.15 PM
It was confirmed that Phil in Bandung (thanks to Neobie - Doublechecked by lutpayy)

3.20 PM
I launched an immediate urgent call to TAR Indonesian Fans Group

"Calling all units in Bandung... I repeat calling all units in Bandung, TAR has just confirmed to be there with Phil's sighting at the hotel, anyone with spare-time and available to check please call me, thanks.."

not long after that, in 20 minutes I have gathered 5 people (including one that came far away from Sukabumi (5hours) from Bandung))

we decided to break up into several teams :

- ZouLy : taking over the main communication control station

- mellodoo and zegha : going to train station and some possible historical and touristic places that night..

- doodledee : going to hussein (BDO) airport and later join with others at train station

- aryantseoseno : preparing to go to Bandung (5hours journey) hoping that teams will race tomorrow..

9.00 PM
Second to last train from Gambir (Jakarta) arrived with no sighting of teams... still hoping for the last train...

11.00 PM
Last train arrived, and still no sights of teams, doodledee joined with others and report that there's also no sights at the airport...

Thursday, 27 June 2013

12.30 AM

Checking the Live thread and there's those posts from Singapore, I quickly checked the arrival schedule at BDO and telling all team members to stand-by at the airport in the morning...

7.55 AM
All units are ready in their position, afraid that teams will not completely take the flight, zegha is guarding the train station arrival gate and mellodoo is at the airport..

--> Airport scene at 7.55 AM

8.01 AM
Mellodoo reporting to communication control station that he saw several people mingling around with cameras, and when he saw that some of them are Caucasian, he is certain that these are the production crew,

I immediately pull-off the other units and tell them to go to the airport to help melloodoo and discuss a strategy so that we can catch up with them for the whole day..

--> Airport scene at 8.01 AM

9.25 AM
MI 192 from Singapore landed, but there's no sights of teams...

Mellodoo taking an initiative to find the taxis that he believed already prepared by the production, and indeed all the taxis have been labelled, and he try to have a chat with one of the drivers and got our first location...  :yess:

--> Taxis labelled by the Production

--> having a chat with one of the drivers...

9.40 AM
QZ 8366 from Singapore supposedly landed, but was announced late by 30minutes, at this time MI 192 already took off back to SIN

10.10 AM
QZ 8366 landed, and not long after that BOOM! POW! WOW!

all team members having a nerve-wracking heart-pumping spirit.. OH MY GOSHHH!!!! THEY'RE HHEREEE...!!!
some of them even express their excitement with hysterical faces and still can't believe what they seen in front of them...
"Please wake me up...please wake me up... am I dreaming??!?" mellodoo said to me..

First out of the arrival gate is the AFGHANIMALS team...

--> Afghanimals team entering the taxi with such a super rush

Second out is the Purple Blondies Ashley & Ally...

--> Ashley & Ally entering the taxi

Third out is the Blue Interracial Team...

--> Blue Interracial Team entering the taxi, too fast they already inside...

Fourth out is Tim & Marie... but unfortunately we didn't get a chance to shoot them because the cameraman get angry rawgrawgrawg...  (:;)

Fifth and last out from the airport is Boston strong team...
They shouted really loud... "ANYONE SPEAK ENGLISHHH??!?!?"

our team members wanted to offer the free-translation service, but the taxi driver told us not to, because they already know the entire leg's route...  :oh :stare :o

--> Boston strong Team entering the taxi, they kinda slow at first...

Meanwhile, Zegha and friends rushing to the first Route Info: Villa Bandung Indah, Cileunyi...

Route Info: Villa Bandung Indah, Cileunyi

Zegha and friends arrived at the location...
it's not fair that motorbike cannot enter the tollway, only cars, so they arrived there with nothing to observe except the leftovers of the scene... but on his way back to the city, Zegha saw Ashley and Ally with two other taxis behind them... They just finished the task...

Now, onto the task, it was spec'd that this has got something to do with local cultures, Goat-Fight or Ram-Fight whatever, either :
1. Teams have to choose one marked pick-up car and bring the Goats to the arena,
2. Teams only retrieved the Clues which was hanging across the rope at the other end of the arena, while they crossing the goats are fighting in the middle...

Here are some evidences from post-production scene....

--> marked pick-up cars that were used to transport the goats..

--> the arena that was used for goat-fighting or other cultural performances and clues...

--> them goats...

--> Zegha on his way back to the city saw Ashley & Ally with two other taxis behind them...

Detour: Bandung City Zoo and Dago Marketplace

This season's detour feature two choices that are not culturally relevant, it was located at the city zoo and the famous Dago intersection...

We didn't get to saw them doing the tasks, but again, we have documented the post-production of the scene...

But according to some eyewitnesses, the choice are between :

1. Taking the wheelbarrow and went inside the zoo to feed and clean elephant's cage
2. Bringing some Fruits and Trees (sugarcane and/or bamboo) to the market...

From doodledee's report, there are only 2 wheelbarrows left up until all the production and crews are gone...
Then we can spec that 3 teams doing the Wheelbarrow task, and the other two doing the "bring fruits & trees" task..

Here are some evidences from post-production scene :

--> Bandung City Zoo entrance, marked by race flags on the middle of the gate, in the second picture there are two wheelbarrows left at the bottom-right corner, can you see it? and the third picture is just a clearer picture of the entrance taken from another source ...

--> The Wheelbarrows that are used to do the task...

Meanwhile mellodoo, zegha and aryantsoeseno arrived at the Roadblock location....

Roadblock: Bandung, Saung Angklung Udjo (SAU)

13.10 PM
aryantsoeseno and zegha arrived at SAU, while mellodoo has been there for a while earlier...

teams haven't arrived yet, but we spent some times taking pictures of the vicinity and the CLUE BOX!!!

--> Clue Box at SAU, where the Roadblock took place...

14.20 PM
The first team arrived, which also mean that they done the Detour first,..

They are the Blue Interracial Team...

14.34 PM
The second team arrived at the Roadblock location, and they are The Afghanimals...!   :waves:

15.06 PM
The third team arrived with the gap of 30minutes behind the second team, they are the Boston strong team...

15.11 PM
The fourth team arrived, at this point in time, none of the teams that arrived previously has done the Roadblock! So Intense!!  :o

They are the Tim & Marie..

15.21 PM
First team who done their Roadblock is the Afghanimals team.. leaving everyone behind, and they're heading to PIT STOP..!

15.36 PM
The fifth and last team arrived at the Roadblock location, which is Ashley & Ally :(
This time, their cameraman and soundguy really angry to us..  (:;) so we don't get a chance to take a picture,...

But at this point, the second team who finished the Roadblock is Boston strong Team, so now they're in second place heading to the Pit Stop!

minutes later, there's a car parked with production labelled as "VIP Executive Producer"
and guess what?!?

jreng-jreng-jreng... Bertram Van Munster popped-out of the car... and he was alone while he's observing the place..  :o

Now, for the Roadblock itself, we can't have access to enter the site as it was blocked by production..

But from what we learned, the task might involve figuring out the notes (Do,Re,Mi,Fa,So,La,Si,Do) that came from the traditional music instrument called 'Angklung',

The Angklung itself played by the children and teams have to search through them and line them up according to the correct notes..

15.39 PM
All units leaving the Roadblock location and heading towards the Pit Stop...

Now.. moving the the important part...

PIT STOP: Lembang, Bandung (Bosscha Observatory)

16.30 PM
aryantsoeseno, doodledee, mellodoo and aivenaamir gathered in front of the entrance...
(zegha can't join with the team coz' he needs to attend an extra class)

the taxi that they were following is the Boston strong's taxi, and the team immediately get-off and jog inside to find the Pit Stop mat..

Again, unfortunately, the location for the Pit Stop guarded by a super-duper tight security, so our units can't go and peek what's happening inside...

here's the gate...

and with us following the second team who finished their Roadblock, that means the Afghanimals are first to the Pit Stop followed by the Boston strong Team...

16.37 PM
The third team that checked-in to the mat is Tim & Marie...
But.. because our units are busy trying to find another way to sneak through the gate by looking some pathway through the forest so they missed taking picture of the third team... :(

16.43 PM
The fourth team who arrived at the Pit Stop is the Interracial Couple, luckily our units return to the gate after disappointingly found nothing to sneak through...

16.59 PM
The last contestant arrived at the Pit Stop location, and they are Ashley and Ally... :(  :'(

BUT WAITTT...HEYYAA!!!!

This is the most important part..!!

We don't know for sure whether it's an Elimination or Non-Elimmination Leg yet..

But as our units observed there, there's a chance that the last team survived the leg, this is based on some scenarios :

1. The Leg is clearly a NEL
2. Tim & Marie and the Interracial Couple arrived at the Pit Stop NOT BY A TAXI, this could possibly resulted in a penalty for both teams..
3. Usually having 2 Legs in the same country and final 5 could be a NEL or TBC

Okay folks... pheww..  :whew  that's all I can sum for yesterday's leg...

After all teams checked-in, I told the units that if you wanna have some revenge for your hardwork today, go to Phil's hotel and take a picture him... and they DID..!!! they went to the hotel, met Phil, have a chit-chat and took photos...
look at aryantsoeseno's avatar is so cool... 8) :lol:

For the second leg in Indonesia, I can't really guarantee much, because our on-the-ground team has skipped their work yesterday, so no one can play the hide and seek again today :( ,

but be grateful and thankful to our awesomecrediblymazing team in INDONESIA!!!

We will never let you disappointed RFF..!! (unless it's out of our control.. :lol: )

Love you all from TAR Fans Indonesian Group

See you on the next season of Amazing Race where they will (again) visits INDONESIA...  :funny:

Cheers!!!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 05:02:14 AM by ZouLy »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #291 on: June 27, 2013, 11:13:06 AM »
 :tu Zouly for all the outstanding coordination!! And many thanks to ALL of our ground crew in ALL of the locations for a truly AMAZING job!!

Do y'all know that within about ONE HOUR of the first tweet about Phil in Bandung that RFF had 3 airports and 2 train stations COVERED??

Indonesians are AWESOME, and we can have dozens of legs there anytime, IMO!!  :luvya: 

BIG Thanks to everyone who gave up their plans/rescheduled their day/ran all over creation to bring us as much info as possible!!

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #292 on: June 27, 2013, 01:51:25 PM »
Only 1 ALL MALE team left?!!!  :ascared

Offline aryantsoeseno

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #293 on: June 27, 2013, 03:39:35 PM »
update from on the ground team:

first team (MF, blue T-shirt) arrived at the roadblock. Location: SAUNG ANGKLUNG UDJO. hehehe... i knew they would come there  :hearts:  the roadblock must be similar with leg in Scotland last season. playing an Angklung (traditional music instrument from bamboo)

don't forget to describe that the MALE is a black dude....coz there are 3 teams with the M/F composition..... :yess: :cheer: :conf:

Offline aryantsoeseno

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #294 on: June 27, 2013, 03:49:03 PM »

The leg has just ended with the last team checking in 15 minutes ago...

Coming soon: RFF's Live Report Special Edition from Bandung, Indonesia

(Hope our team get home safe and quickly upload the photos ;D )

thanks for the hoping, pal.... and the photoes are already uploaded.... go get the report done then.... hurry up, we're wait.....inpatiently...... :conf: :cheer: :wohoo:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #295 on: June 27, 2013, 04:32:40 PM »
 :bigwelcome to RFF, aryantsoeseno !!

And sounds like you are part of the awesome ground crew, so big especial thanks for that as well!!  :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline doodledee

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #296 on: June 27, 2013, 07:21:54 PM »
emagad!
yesterday was awesome!
I can't wait to watch the leg whether I was captured by the camera or not...
it's quite hard to maintain the stalking coz the traffic was really awful but luckily, we knew where to go and miraculously we were able to slip in and out at the traffic just to follow the team's taxi

I knew they were looking at me, like warned us not to follow...
but who cares? hahahahha
that was epic yesterday...great stalk, great merchandise :yess: :yess:
any info about today's leg? keep it updated ok? ;)
Brent & Lana| top 4 of TAR Indo: Ultimate Race

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #297 on: June 27, 2013, 07:26:25 PM »
 :hello2: doodledee and  :welcome2: to R.F.F.!

:tu for the great work! You all rocks!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline aryantsoeseno

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #298 on: June 27, 2013, 07:28:21 PM »
:bigwelcome to RFF, aryantsoeseno !!

And sounds like you are part of the awesome ground crew, so big especial thanks for that as well!!  :hearts:

aow...thank you, GEORGIAPEACH.......that's very warm welcoming from you......

you know what....sssttt...don't tell anyone, I might be caught in the film.. finger cross, even just a glance.....#pleasePRODUCERdontCUTthatPART  :cheer: :conf: :cheer:

and welcome back, it's all my pleasure be part of this forum  :hearts:

Offline doodledee

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #299 on: June 27, 2013, 07:30:11 PM »
thanks Alenaveda  :hrt: :hrt: :hrt:

let's see if there any other information from the other leg, the other countries..:)
Brent & Lana| top 4 of TAR Indo: Ultimate Race