The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Favorite Season Post UB

<< < (14/15) > >>

Kamineko:

--- Quote from: Dobby on May 10, 2013, 08:48:11 AM ---I liked TAR 16's route, although the teams suck as well. But aren't we talking about TAR 19 - 22? So TAR 20 was the worst for me. TAR 16 is one of those at the bottom as well.. but TAR 20 is worst. At least there were rootable teams in the finale of TAR 16, I just wanted to strangle myself when I watched the F3 teams racing to the finishing line of TAR 20.

--- End quote ---
I love the tasks on TAR 16! Especially the war Detour in France (WRP should make this as a Switchback! :knuckles:)

About TAR 20, I regretted that I downloaded the whole on HD. If you JUST see the countries they visited, it's a nice route. However, when you see the cities and the tasks, it's just blegh!

Jobby:
I liked the tasks in TAR 16 too. The stacking glass Detour that sent Brent and Caite into pieces. :lol3:

thorshammer:
I don't understand the love for season 22. Most of the teams were likeable enough, but it was pretty lacking in drama after the 4th or 5th leg. From then on the hockey players basically took over, except for a couple of legs won by Max and Katie, and no one really seemed set on stopping them. Also, the legs were way too easy, and very few lead changes took place. It was all rather predictable with very few surprises.

21 on the other hand started off slowly, but had a lot of drama by the end. Teams were all over the place, switching alliances, sabotaging each other, and a lot of chance events helped to create real tension through the middle of the race. The challenges were actually challenges, and they highlighted the strengths and weaknesses of the teams. And of course who could have predicted the end?

Overall neither was great, but 21 had more elements of what makes a truly amazing race than 22. In my opinion anyway. From what I can tell people basically liked the personalities in 22, and the route... but to me those are a bit hollow without some real drama added in.

Alenaveda:
 :hiya thorshammer!  And  :wel2 to the RFF!

georgiapeach:
:welcome: to RFF, thorshammer! Glad you found us!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version