Author Topic: TAR 22 EP 6 "Scorpion King Hunter"  (Read 54559 times)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Re: TAR 22 EP 6 (Really? STILL no TITLE?)
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2013, 06:32:30 PM »
Still no Fast Forward :'(

It seems like when they immediately get to Gaborone (airport hub of Botswana), they're signing up for charter flights to a national reserve... however, the teams are equalized  since in Joey & Meghan's flight scene, you can see Max & Katie and Caroline & Jennifer behind them. In Mona & Beth's charter scene, you can also see Chuck's mullet.

In cap 24, Bates & Anthony are showing off a Detour clue running with tribal people with bows & arrows. Surely one of the Detour choices?

In Joey's scorpion scene, it's definitely a Roadblock as you can see him holding the red clue while reading the instructions. Scorpion holding and consuming prior to hunting them? ???

The hilarious tribals in the cargo might be the route info task after landing at the tribal reserve's nearest airfield. This is what I think:

After teams arrive at the tribal reserve, they have to take 3 or 4 tribal people back to their camp via Ford Escape. When arriving at the camp with the tribesmen, they will get their next clue by one of them revealing a Detour or Roadblock clue.

Of course, this is purely speculation. Exact location is unknown, but it is at a sandy-ish and open area with dry grassland and minimal vegetation.
Rachel,

We have sightings of teams landing in Maun, Botswana nonstop from Johannesburg. Maun is a different place than Gaborone although both would have small airplanes like the ones shown in the preview to take teams out into the bush.
Okay, thanks for the update. I'm guessing they'll just land on an airstrip since it's the only possible way ib my mind the Ford Escapes with the tribesmen play along the leg.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2013, 06:35:49 PM »
Also, additional info: The nearest airport shown on Google Maps is Hukuntsi Airport, near Central Kalahari Reserve.

Now let's hope there will be another Brian & Greg vs Ray & Deana Pit Stop race reenacted with Bates & Anthony and Chuck & Wynona! :colors

Don't you think Chuck & Wynona are a little bit off for a reenactment of Ray & Deana? :lol: A better representation could be Joey & Meghan!

Now let's get back on topic before this turns into a thread-wide discussion :lol:
It would be more epic if Chuck & Wynona were so close to the Pit Stop, but then the hockey brothers zooms out of nowhere. Ray & Deana did walk to the Pit Stop after they knew they were toast when Brian & Greg passed them a few seconds before landing on the mat. So that can be a plausible situation near the end.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2013, 11:07:13 AM »
If they were Kalahari bushmen, then they would be :) If this episode does not have the title, "Sesame Street on Crack," a part of me might die :( :lol3:

LOL

I meant they look like the same people from S7 the actual person not type of people.
i thought i saw yoda! (greg and brian's commentary on the bush man)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2013, 11:13:12 AM »
Thanks to Elise, we have one possible location!

For this episode, we spent time at the Royal Tree Game Reserve outside the city of Maun.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,28050.msg855564.html#msg855564
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 22 EP 6 RFF working title "Sesame Street on Crack"
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2013, 11:45:13 AM »
<Thumbnail, click to enlarge

A2 MEG is a Cessna 208B Grand Caravan

Registered to Mack Air (Pty) Ltd im Maun. This company does air charters, scenic flights over the Okavango Delta, supply runs to and from game lodges, medical evacuations when needed, game lodge transfers for tourists and aerial photography and videography.

Trying to see if this cap is at the Maun airport or elsewhere. What do y'all think?

photo credit for the firetower to Noel Jones: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zk-ngj/8220319038/in/photostream/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2013, 11:55:18 AM »
Royal Tree Lodge's Cause: Maybe we could see some "giving back" in ep 8?

Our Cause:
Royal Tree Lodge is a small lodge perfect for the discerning traveller looking to give back to the community as he/she enjoys the beauty of Africa.  All proceeds from Royal Tree Lodge are invested back into the community of Maun through the nonprofit work of Love Botswana Outreach Mission.

Love Botswana Outreach Mission trust exists to develop leaders for Africa.  Since 1987, founders Jerry and Jana Lackey and their dedicated staff have served the community of Maun and the nation of Botswana.  The mission is committed to reducing the spread of HIV/AIDS in Botswana, fostering a generation of young people to rise up as change agents within their nation, and equipping caregivers to provide for those in their care.  Through programs such as Okavango International School, All Nations Village Church, Lorato House of Love emergency shelter for abandoned babies, informal and continuing education, social outreach, and HIV/AIDS prevention and care, Love Botswana Outreach Mission directs the people of Maun toward positive change.

Profits from Royal Tree Lodge are directed to help fund the strategic nonprofit programs of Love Botswana Outreach Mission.  Staying at Tree Lodge allows the traveller to give back to the people of Botswana and children in crisis.  Tours of Love Botswana Outreach Mission can be arranged through Royal Tree Lodge.  Guests can tour the facilities or volunteer for a day or even a few hours.

http://royaltreelodge.com/about
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2013, 01:16:29 PM »
I referenced in a post above Moremi Game Reserve 80km away from Maun. The website for Royal Tree Lodge Activities has this under Game Drive:

Revel in a full day of adventure safari in Moremi Game Reserve.  Game drives provide wonderful photo opportunities at close range.  They are a very popular way to safely view even large predators in their natural habitat.  Search for the big five as you track: lion, water buffalo, hippo, elephant, and rhino.  Learn about local tribes and Botswana's natural beauty from Royal Tree Lodge's director and personal safari guide who himself, born and raised in Maun, has over 40 years guiding experience and a lifetime of personal adventure stories.

The self-driving is the only issue. I would expect that a visit to a game reserve would be done with experienced local drivers.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2013, 01:29:13 PM »
Here is some information on the Moremi Game Reserve from Wikipedia:

Moremi Game Reserve is a National Park in Botswana. It rests on the eastern side of the Okavango Delta and was named after Chief Moremi of the BaTawana tribe. Moremi was designated as a Game Reserve, and not a National Park, since when it was created. The BaSarwa or Bushmen that lived there were allowed to stay in the reserve.
Elephant crossing road in Moremi game reserve
Lioness in Moremi game reserve.
A leopard stalking through the grass

However, in the 1960s, the government instead burned the Bushmen village and forced the villagers to move outside the Reserve. They relocated on the other side of the Khwai River and named their new village Khwai. Within the village there is still a strong distrust towards the national government as there have been rumors about the village being moved once again.

The Moremi Game Reserve covers much of the eastern side of the Okavango Delta and combines permanent water with drier areas, which create some startling and unexpected contrasts. Some prominent geographical features of the Reserve are Chiefs Island and the Moremi Tongue. In the Moremi Reserve one can experience excellent views of Savannah game as well as bird-watching on the lagoons. There are also thickly wooded areas, which are home to the rare leopard. To the northeast lies the Chobe National Park which borders the Moremi Game Reserve.

Although just under 5,000 square kilometres (1,900 sq mi) in extent, it is a surprisingly diverse Reserve, combining mopane woodland and acacia forests, floodplains and lagoons. Only about 30% of the Reserve is mainland, with the bulk being within the Okavango Delta itself.

The Moremi Game Reserve, although not one of the largest Parks, presents insights and views even for the most experienced of travelers. Home to nearly 500 species of bird (from water birds to forest dwellers), and a vast array of other species of wildlife, including buffalo, giraffe, lion, leopard, cheetah, hyaena, jackal, impala, and red lechwe. African Wild dog, Lycaon pictus, is resident and has been the subject of a project run in the area since 1989; thus this species is often seen wearing collars emplaced by researchers. The Moremi area contains one of the most significant extant habitat areas for L. pictus.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2013, 02:02:25 PM »
I referenced in a post above Moremi Game Reserve 80km away from Maun. The website for Royal Tree Lodge Activities has this under Game Drive:

Revel in a full day of adventure safari in Moremi Game Reserve.  Game drives provide wonderful photo opportunities at close range.  They are a very popular way to safely view even large predators in their natural habitat.  Search for the big five as you track: lion, water buffalo, hippo, elephant, and rhino.  Learn about local tribes and Botswana's natural beauty from Royal Tree Lodge's director and personal safari guide who himself, born and raised in Maun, has over 40 years guiding experience and a lifetime of personal adventure stories.

The self-driving is the only issue. I would expect that a visit to a game reserve would be done with experienced local drivers.

From the Full Preview (vid and caps upstream)

LIKE this though!!

Learn about local tribes and Botswana's natural beauty from Royal Tree Lodge's director and personal safari guide
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2013, 02:04:47 PM »
Scorpion King Hunter
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 02:08:46 PM by Kandace »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2013, 02:09:33 PM »
Finally!! Thanks!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
Re: TAR 22 EP 6 "Scorpion King Hunter"
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2013, 03:26:57 PM »
Why are we sure there is no FF?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2013, 03:57:33 PM »
There is no evidence of a FF on this leg by screencaps etc. Does NOT mean there isn't one, but we have ZERO evidence for one...so far! :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2013, 04:09:34 PM »
Press release:

RACERS PANIC WHEN THEY COME FACE-TO-FACE WITH SCORPIONS IN AFRICA AND ONE TEAM CONFRONTS ANOTHER FOR U-TURNING THEM, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” SUNDAY, MARCH 24

“Scorpion King Hunter” – Racers take on the daunting challenge of hunting for scorpions in Africa and Chuck and Wynona confront Team YouTube for using the U-Turn against them, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.

CHEAT TWEET: What do U do when your “Blind” U-Turn becomes quite visible to the Team U used it on? #AmazingRace 3/24 8pmET/PT http://bit.ly/Yp9hON   

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2013, 04:40:50 PM »
I'm reading a Huffington Post article TAR exec. producer, Elise Doganieri posted...

She states there are bushmen everyday life tasks teams were to encounter at the game reserve. This includes, starting a campfire, hunting for food (scorpions as we know of), and getting water from a well (maybe the other Detour choice ???).

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2013, 04:41:07 PM »
Would have never expected U-Turn drama/confrontation involving Chuck & Wynona :lol3:

MrDeerShank

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2013, 04:46:01 PM »
It's so weird how Chynona managed to "guess" Team Youtube U-Turned them because they were the first team U-Turned and coincidentally read the U-Turn board wrongly :lol3:

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2013, 04:50:34 PM »
I just realized something, Anthony and Bates are now the only M/M team left out of 4. 3 M/M teams being 3 of the first 4 eliminated. When was the last time that happened?
Bring on the 21!

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2013, 05:15:07 PM »
So it looks like Joey isn't giving up on the black knee high socks anytime soon.
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2013, 05:57:40 PM »
So it looks like Joey isn't giving up on the black knee high socks anytime soon.
Joey & Meghan wanted to showcase their race fashion into TAR22 like Brook & Claire in their season :lol: .

jiajia12

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2013, 06:36:54 PM »
Chuck and Wynona confront Team YouTube for using the U-Turn against them..... :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Who would have thought. I am guessing there's charter flights?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2013, 09:48:42 PM »
I stand corrected and I did read that post in the Media thread when it came out, so mea culpa. However, the last word is not in until that episode is over. We'll see where the pit stop of that episode is (although the chances are that it was in Botswana).

There is a very small chance that they went over the border to Namibia. At about the time TAR was in Botswana, I had a twitter sighting of teams annoying the twitterer while he was eating at a roadside food stand in Windhoek. However, TAR Norway was in South Africa a couple of days earlier, so we assumed it was them in Namibia and not the US TAR. We never got confirmation of what version was in Namibia though. TAR Norway won't air that episode for another week or two yet, but Wikipedia has TAR Norway doing 2 legs in Namibia. I couldn't figure out Wikipedia's source for that and didn't want to wade through Norwegian language media sites to nail it down, so we'll just have to wait and see. Unless somebody else wants to do it. Personally, I will be surprised if TAR goes to Namibia. From what I remember reading back then, it isn't the safest journey by car or van. 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2013, 09:57:46 PM »
I am still grieving for a Victoria Falls switchback...so near! But Namibia might be one country too many.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2013, 10:37:13 PM »
Namibia would not fit with the 9 country restriction. We have

1. French Polynesia
2. New Zealand
3. Indonesia
4. Vietna
5. Botswana
6. Switzerland
7. Germany
8. United Kingdom
9. USA

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2013, 11:50:13 PM »
Namibia would not fit with the 9 country restriction. We have

1. French Polynesia
2. New Zealand
3. Indonesia
4. Vietna
5. Botswana
6. Switzerland
7. Germany
8. United Kingdom
9. USA

Sometimes they count USA.

Sometimes they don't.   :res:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders