General > Reality Fan Wiki

Suggestions

(1/2) > >>

Air:
To start off the suggestions thread, I'm going to ask if we can use Neobie's wonderful maps for the leg pages of the wiki.

Air:
Dom, is it possible that we can get ref tags to use on the results tables like in Wikipedia? The page seems to have been deleted and I don't know if I'm allowed to recreate it.

Dom:

--- Quote from: Airlinesguy on January 08, 2013, 11:00:30 PM ---Dom, is it possible that we can get ref tags to use on the results tables like in Wikipedia? The page seems to have been deleted and I don't know if I'm allowed to recreate it.

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately I don't think we can use ref tags. I used to have them on the original pages, but those and other parser functions slow the page down so much that a normal Amazing Race page took about 20 seconds to load.. Only a site with the server power of Wikipedia can handle them!

Alenaveda:
Dom, what about translating the pages?  From experience, I know that many followers of TAR in Latin America, for example, do not know English or their knowledge is limited, and would be good if they had a place for consultation like ours in their own language where to turn.
We have a lot of people in the translation thread offering their services, maybe they can help on it.

Dom:

--- Quote from: Alenaveda on January 13, 2013, 01:43:08 PM ---Dom, what about translating the pages?  From experience, I know that many followers of TAR in Latin America, for example, do not know English or their knowledge is limited, and would be good if they had a place for consultation like ours in their own language where to turn.
We have a lot of people in the translation thread offering their services, maybe they can help on it.

--- End quote ---

That definitely sounds like a good idea! I'm not sure if there's a Mediawiki feature that makes this easier, but I'll look into it. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version