Author Topic: TAR 21 Ep 7 "Off to See the Wizard"  (Read 45275 times)

Offline spolarium

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 21 Ep 7 "Off to See the Wizard"
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2012, 09:09:31 AM »
When did they say the OFF TO SEE THE WIZARD title qoutation. ANYONE Can answer.

Offline shiqiansoh

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • TIM AND TE JAY 4EVER!!
« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2012, 09:13:20 AM »
I feel so sorry for Josh & Brent. Brent was struggling with the "Synchronized" Task because he couldn't swim, but the coach became extremely impatient. I wish the coach was so much nicer
~~~Shi Qian~~~

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2012, 09:25:11 AM »
When did they say the OFF TO SEE THE WIZARD title qoutation. ANYONE Can answer.

Jaymes/James said it as they were entering the Zurab Tsereteli Sculpture Park.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2012, 10:03:50 AM »
Since we had  The Trees of Love, in this leg. I wonder if we are gonna see, The Love-Sculpture in New York City, on the final-leg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2012, 08:41:08 AM »
This was the best episode so far in an otherwise boring season.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

addie

« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2012, 08:42:07 AM »
Prophet is back <3333333333333333

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2012, 11:05:06 AM »
Just watched the episode............

I on the other hand, felt that this leg was the worst episode in a really good season! :lol:

Firstly, teams were all spread out onto different flights. Then the staggering timing made the whole leg seemed so mediocre. The library task was boring, the tree of love task was lame, the weather was wet and gloomy. Oh... Russia, why didn't you deliver like Siberia in TAR 14?

And there wasn't even any competition/fiery attitude among the first 4 teams, who......... obviously knew they were in the lead and took their own time. It was just a yawning fest through.

Doesn't help that Abbie and Ryan and Josh and Brent to run the entire leg together.

BUT, it showed a different side of Abbie and Ryan which I love. Such a gracious team. I know Trey and Lexi is a nice team but I know why are Abbie and Ryan behaving so defensively because the Sri Lankan sisters were targetting them...

Nvm.. boring next.. NEXT.

It's obvious the Rockers are so going to get eliminated, BTW.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2012, 05:11:32 AM »
the weather was wet and gloomy.

omg ikr
WRP should've asked the sun to stay out for the day

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2012, 08:24:22 AM »

I on the other hand, felt that this leg was the worst episode in a really good season! :lol:

Firstly, teams were all spread out onto different flights. Then the staggering timing made the whole leg seemed so mediocre. The library task was boring, the tree of love task was lame, the weather was wet and gloomy. Oh... Russia, why didn't you deliver like Siberia in TAR 14?

Here's a totally different perspective:
The spreading out of teams onto different flights was a stroke of good luck for the World Race Productions operations group. It allowed connections in Amsterdam and Munich to arrive ahead of the beginning of Hours of Operation while the delay through Frankfurt caused one group of 2 teams to fall far behind. That's excitement, rather than the boring lockstep that normally accompanies Amazing Race leg starts when all teams get on the same flight despite hours of difference in their start times.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2012, 09:14:20 AM »
I personnally think that this leg was one of the best, if not the best of this season yet (tho it dosen't have a lot of competition considering how lame the Asian legs were), tied with the Istanbul one just before.

I REALLY liked that finally there were a LOT of plane drama *TAR11 vibe*... I wouldn't want that in every leg, but once or twice by two season is really great. And with the addition of the passport drama... wow! Love when everything is not all orchestrated, if you know what I mean :lol:

The tasks were not the best, would have loved that the lock challenge be a bit more like the TAR6 one, the water polo swimming wasen't really scenic, but it seemed hard, and the library one seemed hard a first but Trey & Lexi finished before everyone else who were at the swimming task.

I think that Europe always brings out one of the best legs of the race, while for Asia, sometime its good, but sometimes its really bad.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 02:00:48 PM by Flamant »

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2012, 09:52:29 AM »

And there wasn't even any competition/fiery attitude among the first 4 teams, who......... obviously knew they were in the lead and took their own time. It was just a yawning fest through.

Doesn't help that Abbie and Ryan and Josh and Brent to run the entire leg together.

BUT, it showed a different side of Abbie and Ryan which I love. Such a gracious team. I know Trey and Lexi is a nice team but I know why are Abbie and Ryan behaving so defensively because the Sri Lankan sisters were targetting them...

Nvm.. boring next.. NEXT.

It's obvious the Rockers are so going to get eliminated, BTW.

lolnosorry
or maybe I'm just taking a russian language course right now and I have the bias :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2012, 05:33:57 AM »
would have loved that the lock challenge be a bit more like the TAR6 one

The tasks in general are easier nowadays sadly.

I still think Abi and Ryan waiting at the detour was as foolish as the teams telling others where the abacus woman was in the first leg.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2012, 09:56:11 AM »
would have loved that the lock challenge be a bit more like the TAR6 one

The tasks in general are easier nowadays sadly.

I still think Abi and Ryan waiting at the detour was as foolish as the teams telling others where the abacus woman was in the first leg.

I wouldn't say as foolish than Kami & Karli and Fran & Barry missing their cluebox in arm's reach when they kept searching for it. But these tasks are not easier than the ones in seasons 1 and 2.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)