The Amazing Race > Racers Corner

TAR 21 Premiere Discussion! Hosted by TAR 19's Cindy and Ernie!

<< < (3/13) > >>

ErnieCindyTAR19:
Hi Everyone!!! We're so excited to be here  :hearts:

Hope everyone is doing great tonight :) We're excited to be part of this thread, so thank you to Peach for inviting us to host this discussion!!!

:hello2: (the emoticons are soooo cute)

We watched tonight's episode with Brittany from this season. She is the SWEETEST girl you'll ever meet! and just soooo beautiful in person.  You'll love watching her this season.  James from Big Brother (if you watch the show) and Keisha winner of Season 18 was with us too!

We wanna know what you think of tonight's episode! Let's start with the $2 million dollar twist!!  Phil says at the starting line that the team to win the 1st leg of the race will now get the chance to double down and win $2 million in the final leg!  They didn't give an express pass out in tonight's episode.  My first thought was that it will be so tough for the team who wins tonight because the other teams might target them. Ryan & Abbie are definitely one of the strongest teams this season so they have a really good shot at the $2 Million!! 

Six teams, previous to this season, have won the first AND last leg:
Season 1: Rob & Brennan
Season 10: Tyler & James
Season 13: Nick & Starr
Season 15: Meghan & Cheyne
Season 19: Ernie & Cindy
Season 20: Rachel & Dave

So we know it can be done!  I like the new twist even though they didn't have it on our season! But I thought the teams would have been more competitive to go get that huge prize. Now if Ryan & Abbie don't win the final leg - they don't get any prize at all for this first leg  :'( which that stinks! 

What do you think? Do you like the new twist?

Declive:
Hi Ernie , Hi Cindy!!  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Personally i liked this new twist , but i think it should come together with the express pass. It's a bad idea to ....

(SPOILER FROM FURTHER ON THE RACE AHEAD!)
Show contenthand over a express pass on the second leg! why would they do that , really? to give Abbie and Ryan the chance to have 2 million dollars AND the express pass? NO!!!
BTW , i have a question for you guys :

If this twist had happened in Season 19 , do you think you would have still winned at all? Cause teams would definitly target you guys! (sure , you arrived FIRST at both double u-turns so it wouldn't really mattered) ...And because you wouldn't have other teams helping you... (which i don't think it would be a problem for you guys , except maybe in the Borobudur Roadblock)

Air:
 :hello2: Ernie & Cindy and  :bigwelcome to RFF! I really like the $2 million idea but I'd like that if Abby & Ryan get eliminated, Amy & Daniel would have the chance to win the $2 million.  And so on.

:lol: I don't want the two million to go to waste.

And also a question from me: Did you ever consider U-Turning Andy & Tommy at the second Double U-Turn? (I'm not doubting your choice, you were there and we weren't).

ErnieCindyTAR19:
It's hard to say whether we could have still won the final leg if we had this $2 million twist.  I don't know if we would have made any different decisions, since we did our best to make it through each leg anyway!  Much of the game is about luck too - and who knows what turn of events could happen differently!  Most of the teams didn't really help us out on our season.  Everyone was so friendly to each other but once we left the pit start, we knew we were racing against each other.  The Buddha challenge was so difficult. Ernie and Justin wanted to work together right away because we knew we weren't first (Andy/Tommy, Zach/Lawrence had already finished) and we knew we were still ahead of all the rest of the teams. When you finish in the middle of the pack, you may as well help each other out. In the end, it was Ernie who figured out the hand motions anyway so he may have been able to complete that challenge on his own.

Declive:

--- Quote from: ErnieCindyTAR19 on September 30, 2012, 10:47:54 PM ---It's hard to say whether we could have still won the final leg if we had this $2 million twist.  I don't know if we would have made any different decisions, since we did our best to make it through each leg anyway!  Much of the game is about luck too - and who knows what turn of events could happen differently!  Most of the teams didn't really help us out on our season.  Everyone was so friendly to each other but once we left the pit start, we knew we were racing against each other.  The Buddha challenge was so difficult. Ernie and Justin wanted to work together right away because we knew we weren't first (Andy/Tommy, Zach/Lawrence had already finished) and we knew we were still ahead of all the rest of the teams. When you finish in the middle of the pack, you may as well help each other out. In the end, it was Ernie who figured out the hand motions anyway so he may have been able to complete that challenge on his own.

--- End quote ---

Duh , i forgot that Ernie was the one who lead that 4-people pack through the roadblock. I really think you would have won the 2 million bucks anyway! Thank you for anwsering!! :hrt: :<3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version