Author Topic: Mystery TAR Sightings - Can You Figure These Out?  (Read 118159 times)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Mystery TAR Sightings - Can You Figure These Out?
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2014, 09:24:18 AM »
I think I found the answer for the last sighting in July in Kuala Lumpur. It apparently was the Italian version of Pekin Express called Pechino Express. Pechino is Italian for Beijing. I started a topic for Pechino Express and there's more info there. However, so far, I haven't found the people in the sighting in the numerous pictures of Pechino Express that are out there. I haven't looked very carefully yet though.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2014, 09:08:20 PM »
Great job, Plaid!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2014, 04:36:10 AM »
Any INTernational eps filmed in Korea recently??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2014, 05:04:19 AM »
Any INTernational eps filmed in Korea recently??

peach that tar china

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2014, 05:09:36 AM »
Link please zac?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2015, 06:21:39 PM »
It's been a while, but I have a couple of sightings from today that I can't figure out. Most likely both are local events. I'm not aware of any version filming right now except perhaps TAR China which films a leg or two then takes a couple of weeks off it seems. I thought I'd post them here and see if anyone has any insights that escape me.

Katharine Donnelly ‏@KatharineDonn 8h8 hours ago
last night at LAX one of the women working behind the counter where you check your bags was holding Amazing Race envelopes...
7:33 AM - 3 Aug 2015

From her tweets, it appears that Katherine was flying from LAX to the east coast, probably Boston, since she's from Rhode Island. It seems like an odd place for teams to be picking up envelopes (just before boarding a flight), but who knows what a foreign version might decide to do. Maybe it's just additional information. I'm thinking this is before you go through security, so it's possible that a local race could send teams there to get their next clue. I can't imagine that LAX would appreciate the extra traffic though.

Then there's this one:

spencer ‏@donnlim_11 12h12 hours ago
Taping earlier for The Amazing Race with @Jonas_Tibayan @SamBanezz @RafaeloTHORibio @OczonMiguel and John
4:00 AM - 3 Aug 2015

From their twitter accounts, it appears that they are members of the Chiang Kai Shek College basketball team in Manila. They won the Metro Manila Basketball League championship back in February. I see nothing in any of the tweets that are public that would cast any light on the taping. I'm guessing it's something local or possibly TAR Philippines though I haven't heard anything about them taping a new season.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2015, 03:58:56 PM »
Here's another TAR mystery sighting. It's from a woman from the US visiting Budapest. I've tried to get more details from her, but she's only giving out a few details. I'm not aware of any versions of TAR currently filming. Most likely it's a local race, but it remains uncertain. Whether they are aware enough in Budapest to organize local races is another question.

Julia ☀️ ‏@juliaaa0606 Aug 24
i saw a team from the Amazing Race today in Budapest
12:14 PM - 24 Aug 2015

Plaid Moon ‏@Plaidmoon
@juliaaa0606 The Amazing Race was in Budapest? The real one with cameramen? Big fan here. Where did you see them and what were they doing?
6:00 PM - 24 Aug 2015

Julia ☀️@juliaaa0606
Aug 24
@Plaidmoon I saw them outside the Fisherman's Bastion and they were just standing there looking around 😂

She has since taken down her reply about Fisherman's Bastion and hasn't replied further.

Fisherman's Bastion is a castle or castle like building with 7 towers on the Buda side of the Danube River. It was used as a pit stop during TAR 6.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2015, 04:39:30 AM »
Here's one I can't figure out. We have TAR 28, TAR Israel and TAR France all filming now, but I'm not aware of a Chinese version filming.

RAdelaideRob @rob__247
Chinese "Amazing Race" being filmed at Flinders University vine.co/v/izQhdImpubL
1:51 AM - 25 Nov 15

The vine shows some cameras set up outside what looks like a stadium or arena and lots of people sitting around and waiting. I don't see anything that looks like a clue box or pit stop mat. No one that looks like a racer or a host. If the guy didn't say it was TAR, I wouldn't have guessed that at all. Flinders University is in Adelaide, Australia, so that fits with the guy's twitter name.

Any thoughts about this one. I suppose it could be TAR Israel or TAR France and for some reason the production staff is from an Asian country.

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2015, 09:46:10 PM »

Guys, I just found this picture on facebook (TAR fanpage VN) which was taken at Hai Phong opera house in 19 November. Do you know which franchise it is? The owner of this photo told that this is TAR Mexico but I think it's not or maybe it's not TAR.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2015, 10:06:18 PM »
I think that black and white logo in front of the teams is for Pekin Express, which is a French variation on TAR. There have been Dutch, Belgian and Italian versions too. I'm guessing that's the French version but I have seen mentions of the Italian version lately, so it could be that.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2015, 11:19:41 PM »
Here's another sighting from Adelaide, Australia.

James Hines @JamesHines_1
South Korea's Amazing Race Celebrities drew a massive crowd @ibisAdelaide during the week #Adelaide #Hotels pic.twitter.com/6EVbKQuro8
7:22 PM - 26 Nov 15

The picture shows a large crowd of people watching a bus passing by in the street outside a tall building. I don't see camera crews or racers. I'm beginning to think that there is a South Korean version of TAR filming, apparently with South Korean celebrities.

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2015, 10:13:22 AM »
Korea has a famous show named Running Man. Maybe it's not TAR South Korea.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2016, 07:32:37 PM »
I ran across this tweet today and can't quite figure out which version of TAR this is from. It says Asia Express but it could be China Express, Beijing Express, Pekin Express or Pechino Express. I'm guessing the last one. The person tweeting is from Colombia and posted a screen capture of what appears to be a program synopsis or criticism about an episode shown yesterday.

Here's his tweet

Andrés Felipe Serna ‏@FELIPESERNA90  22h22 hours ago Bello, Colombia
#asiaexpress que tristeza este par de gamines @asiaexpress

Google translates this as:

how sad this pair of street children

Perhaps someone who knows Spanish can do a translation of this and the screen capture below. Google poorly translates the text from the screencap as:

In chapter Asian express of Monday 8 February this gentleman Carlos and company made it very badly to the country in the land of Laos to rudely they threw the keys to a motorcycle taxi driver not knowing where they had q go arguing q already had paid . But how many times in this reality did not enjoy good hospitality of these people. Transportation and even took away their hunger. Fortunately today were eliminated those two gems of truth feel sorry to the people of Laos. Please share for q they will respond this pair of ungrateful.

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2016, 06:03:56 PM »
 :help:

17.02.2016 Filming in RUSSIA, in MOSCOW METRO for RCTI Television from Indonesia
TVDATA.TV Media assisted a team of RCTI Television from Indonesia to film In MOSCOW METRO. At the beginning of February 2016, the award-winning reality television game-show ‘The Amazing Race’, in which teams of two rush, came to Moscow, Russia for Grand Finale
https://www.facebook.com/TVDATA/

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2016, 12:49:09 PM »
Posting this here until we can confirm or not it is TARCAN:

IG: Sophia_Bali ‏@Sophia_Bali 2 h

@ellemagazinesa amazing race participants getting a clue @sophia_bali workshopnewtown… https://www.instagram.com/p/BE_aP9Lv9x4/

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline robergem

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2016, 02:23:12 PM »
This is NOT the kind of gear the camaraman are normally using

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2016, 09:34:28 PM »
Posting this here until we can confirm or not it is TARCAN:

IG: Sophia_Bali ‏@Sophia_Bali 2 h

@ellemagazinesa amazing race participants getting a clue @sophia_bali workshopnewtown… https://www.instagram.com/p/BE_aP9Lv9x4/

based on comments from ZBC's friend and analysis of the Bali crew, we do not believe this to be Bali.

It may well be Cape Town South Africa --??shop in Cavendish Sq (please someone do some research on this?)

No idea what the filming is for, but in light of the new info, unlikely to be TARC
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2016, 11:07:17 PM »
Sophia Bali is the name of the shop, Peach, not the location.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2016, 09:15:58 AM »
Are there ANY active TAR filmings taking place right now?

We have a definitive sighting of teams flying via HK to Saigon yesterday. I only know TARCanada filming right now...anyone else??

Thannks!!

TARC it is!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 11:49:25 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2016, 12:01:16 AM »

Guys, I just found this picture on facebook (TAR fanpage VN) which was taken at Hai Phong opera house in 19 November. Do you know which franchise it is? The owner of this photo told that this is TAR Mexico but I think it's not or maybe it's not TAR.

This is "Abandonados Asia" which is the Mexican version of Peking Express (it started in Hanoi)
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2016, 12:01:59 AM »
I ran across this tweet today and can't quite figure out which version of TAR this is from. It says Asia Express but it could be China Express, Beijing Express, Pekin Express or Pechino Express. I'm guessing the last one. The person tweeting is from Colombia and posted a screen capture of what appears to be a program synopsis or criticism about an episode shown yesterday.
This is from "Asia Express", the Colombian version of Peking Express
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2016, 12:26:03 AM »
Thanks!! Do we need a thread for that? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2016, 03:34:05 PM »

This is "Abandonados Asia" which is the Mexican version of Peking Express (it started in Hanoi)

Thanks, Dånooky! You mentioned both a Mexican version and a Colombian version of Pekin Express. Are there 2 versions or just one?

Also, the tweet I posted mentioned Laos. I guess if it started in Hanoi, a leg in Laos would fit in easily.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2016, 10:09:09 PM »
The tweet was just some random review of an episode of the Colombian version that had just aired. The photo is from the filming of the first episode of the Mexican version's first season. As far as I've seen, Colombia and Mexico are the only two countries in Latin America with a P.E. franchise and it looks like they'll follow the same route from Hanoi-Laos-Cambodia-Bangkok (the same route was also followed by the Spanish and Italian versions before)
The story so far:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2016, 05:00:12 AM »
OK, here's another mystery sighting! Both fossil-racer and myself found pictures from an Amazing Race like show filming at the Mitad Del Mundo Monument (Middle of the World) near Quito, Ecuador yesterday. I saw this tweet:

Quito Tour Bus ‏@QuitoTourBus 14h14 hours ago
Hoy se gabró El Reality Show "The Amazing Race" en la Mitad Del Mundo Pagina Oficial  y los participantes... http://fb.me/1jQcL5VIU

Translated from Spanish by Bing (with a small assist from Plaidmoon)
Today is recording The Reality Show "The Amazing Race" in the middle of the official site world and participants... http://fb.me/1jQcL5VIU
12:32 PM - 7 Jun 2016

If you go to the Facebook page, there are 40 pictures of the filming. I've uploaded several to give a taste of what's there. It seems pretty elaborate. The racers look like they are from South America and my first thought was TAR Ecuador was filming again. However, some of the details don't fit. In the first pic, it appears they are competing in teams of 4. In the pictures of teams competing, there is sometimes a fifth member and some pictures have people labelled Capitan, so it may be teams of 5. However, if you look closely, it appears that the teams have 2 shirts of one color and 2 of a very slightly different shade. So, it may be more than one team working together in these pictures. I included the last picture just to show the difference in the green team shirts. Also, after finishing, they spent time hugging and then lounging in the visitor center (which I didn't include pictures of). So, it doesn't seem like TAR. Dånooky's mention of Pekin Express made me think of them and now that I look again at the shirts, they do appear to have a logo similar to the Pekin Express logo, just with a snow capped mountain instead of a sunset. So, I think it's possible that it's the Mexican or Colombian Pekin Express, but I'm not very sure. I thought I'd post this here and get everyone's reaction.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 05:37:47 AM by Plaidmoon »