Author Topic: TAR 21: Natalie and Nadiya Anderson "Twin Sisters"  (Read 109475 times)

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
Re: TAR 21: Natalie and Nadiya Anderson "Twin Sisters"
« Reply #175 on: December 10, 2012, 10:46:57 AM »
Why have you disliked them???!!!! and what's wrong with you all?!?!

I really like them and pretty smart girls but too much talk.. :D TWINIESSSSSS!!! <3333333333  :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :luvya: :luvya: :luvya:

TWINESSSSS!! They rocks!! I sad they out :( The guy who show the wrong castle deserve to be shot..
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #176 on: December 10, 2012, 11:05:46 AM »
Lets just say that things aren't always as they come across on our TV screens! there's tons of editing that is done and I can tell you first hand that the twins says things in jest and not mean spirited.

Some people just need time to decompress what they saw on TV so take that time.

The twins and everyone have already smoothed over what they all got to see via the CBS TAR Editing.  Not 1 team came out looking ALL roses!

For sure they bring what REALITY TV craves Fans and Haters = RATINGS.

And we will for sure see them if not on ALLSTARS (which i agree is a lock for them) but possibly on another show all of their own! :hrt:
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: December 10, 2012, 05:09:17 PM »
I cant believe they accused Josh and Brent of "not wanting to win as much". They have NO class. Thank goodness they got 4th. It was so satisfying :cmas23

Sorry you are completely ignorant to the fact that Josh and Brent wanted another team to U-turn them so they can finish together. Are you kidding me?? Is that being competitive?? Of course not/

======
(not directed at u)
People are calling Nadiya/Natalie Racists/Homophobia/rude etc.

But I don't think they are any of those things. They were in the middle of the race off course heat of the moment thing. It these same people who call N/N these things who turn around and call them the N word on instagram/facebook. So really hypocritical.

I dont agree with your statement. You can still be friendly and competitive. I would rahter kepp a friendship on the race then win while making enemies :cmas16

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: December 10, 2012, 06:19:03 PM »
Since so many people compare them to Brook & Claire, I'ma add a pun to them:

-Nadiya gets pregnant right before receiving an All Stars/UB call  :groan:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #179 on: December 10, 2012, 11:24:51 PM »
I think we might see them in the next Allstars, but it will be another torturous run of TAR where we have to endure their shoutings and rude vibes.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #180 on: December 11, 2012, 12:07:19 AM »
So close to make the Final 3!  :cmas4

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #181 on: December 11, 2012, 08:40:41 AM »
Why do people compare them to Brooke and Claire. Brooke and Claire were nice, and respected other teams. The twinnies...  :cmas30:

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #182 on: December 11, 2012, 09:51:12 AM »
Too bad that they're not making into Final 3.. :cmas7 :cmas7 I hope they can get into the next AllStars! :xmas146

Anyway, what if there's a season where the teams consist of the Twinnies, with an addition of Ron & Christina, Brian & Ericka, Brendon & Rachel, Vanessa & Ralph... It'll be one "noisy" race... :cmaslol
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #183 on: December 11, 2012, 11:07:07 AM »
I think I might have to mute the video every time I watch each episode. :cmaslol

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
« Reply #184 on: December 11, 2012, 11:55:05 AM »
I think I might have to mute the video every time I watch each episode. :cmaslol

I think we might see them in the next Allstars, but it will be another torturous run of TAR where we have to endure their shoutings and rude vibes.

It's amazing how you just HATE Natalie&Nadiya  :cmaslol
Sure it's okay for you to bitch about'em
Posters here are hating for no logical reason I love it <3

I am out of this thread !!!
[/size]
Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: December 11, 2012, 01:09:26 PM »
I liked them because they were so self aware:
"We were never nice!"
"...yeah...we suck"
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: December 11, 2012, 03:03:18 PM »
Here's an interview with the twinnies taken from http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/interview-natalie-nadiya-talk-the-amazing-race

Interview: Natalie & Nadiya talk 'The Amazing Race'
The 4th place team discusses 'finding' money and being seen as villains

BY DANIEL FIENBERG TUESDAY, DEC 11, 2012 4:43 AM

Natalie and Nadiya of "The Amazing Race"

On Sunday (December 9) night, "The Amazing Race" wrapped up its 21st installment with possibly the most unlikely winner in the show's history.

And on Monday morning, I talked with each of the final four teams, including the million dollar winner. Counting down from fourth to first, HitFix will be running one interview per day. [I'll do the same thing next week with the "Survivor: Philippines" winner and remaining contestants.]

Up first? The season's fourth place finishers, the last team eliminated before that climactic Leg, which took the Top 3 to New York City.

No team on this season's "Amazing Race" produced the diversity of opinions that greeted Sri Lankan twins Natalie & Nadiya Anderson.

To fans, the Twinies were boundlessly enthusiastic and endlessly quotable and, in the early going, brought energy to a potentially dull season.

To detractors, the Twinies were shrill, loud and bullying. And depending on your definitions for "find" or "steal," they helped separate James & Abba from a chunk of money, leaving the Rockers begging in the streets of Bangladesh.

But what did viewers expect? As one twin observed in the finale, "We've always been evil. We've never been nice."

In our conversation, the Twins were unapologetic about the money incident, but admitted that they gave the show plenty to work with when depicting them as villains. They also talk about their current friendship with all of their fellow Racers and their surprising enthusiasm for the season's winning team.

HitFix: I guess my first question is the obvious one: Did the right team win "The Amazing Race" this season?

Natalie Anderson: Yes! Yes, the right team won "The Amazing Race." We figured, "You know what? If they beat us, fair and square, and took our space, they might as well win the whole damn thing."

Nadiya Anderson: Yeah, we were so happy. We were so angry at ourselves. We were angry at the entire world when we got kicked off in France. And then waiting in New York for the winning team to walk in the door, we had no idea who it was and when the Beekman Boys walked in, we were just overwhelmed with joy. And, at that point, none of it mattered. We were so happy for them. Absolutely the right team won.

HitFix: Given the tensions before, were you surprised by how happy you were for them?

Nadiya: We were surprisingly, unexpectedly so surprised at how we felt so happy for them. We didn't expect to feel that way because we were still so angry and our wounds had still not healed, but seeing them walk in the door, just everything made sense and we were just so happy that if they beat us out and they took our spot, that they didn't waste it. They took it all the way. It was just amazing.

HitFix: What does it say about the structure of the Race and what's special about "The Amazing Race" that a team could win no Legs up until the very end and then win the million?

Natalie: Me and Nadiya were doing kick-ass the entire time and we never felt like we ever were scared of losing. We were always in the Top 3. And then it just shows how volatile this race is and how quickly everything can change because each Leg is literally -- unless you have a time gap that gives you a great advantage -- it's like a fresh start. And when we went to Spain, just the circumstances of the boat ride put us all on the same playing field, so it's like: Final 4. Here we go. Starting Line. Let's go. And everybody just guns it. So I don't have any problem with a team not winning anything and taking the whole thing. It's part of why "The Amazing Race" is pretty amazing.

HitFix: You guys seemed to polarize fans to some degree. There were people who loved you and then a lot of people who weren't such fans. What sort reactions have you guys been getting from friends and loved ones, but also from strangers online and whatnot?

Nadiya: Our friends and the people who know us know our personality and know that we're just joking, crazy, out-of-control people and we mean it always with a good attitude about it. It's never meant in any sort of negative way. The fans? Like you said,  they're either extremely to the left or extremely to the right. Our Twinie Fans have been so supportive and they love our quotes and they love the good, bad and the ugly of us. The other extreme? They're always looking for something to pick on us about. All that matters to us is that our friends and family and the Racers -- and all of the Racers we've gotten to know extremely well and they love us and the Beekmans love us now and we love even Ryan and Abbie, we're very good friends now -- and that's all that matters, that the people who really matter to us know us well enough.

Natalie: Online, it's pretty crazy. We get both extremes. People are so supportive and then some people are really nasty. Luckily, Nadiya and I, we have a thick skin and we take everything with a grain of salt.

HitFix: What did you guys think of yourselves when you watched the season? You know what you're like, but that's not the same as watching yourselves on TV? How do you think you came across?

Natalie: I feel like most of the time, we would leave and me and Nadiya were wrapping and everybody would be so amused by the way we would come off and our attitude and everything. Some moments weren't my favorite. Obviously the show tends to focus on me and Nadiya as being the quote-unquote "villains' or "bullies" of the season. I would love to say, "Oh, they should have shown this and they should have showed that," but in reality, there was so much of the "this and that" and me and Nadiya brought the completely other aspect of the Race, so obviously that is going to get more shine on TV.

Nadiya: And I think with the other Racers all being very PC, all being very nice, all being very hunky-dory about things, me and Natalie being one of the only... I would say there were two outspoken kind of teams that were left, Abbie & Ryan and me and Natalie always laid it out the way we felt like saying. So when they were gone, it was easy to focus on us as the villain of the show, almost. And you know what? We gave them enough reason to do that. So you know, we can't do anything about it. There were no regrets on our end.

HitFix: You guys did say on last night's episode "We've always been evil. We've never been nice." How much of that was serious and how much was all part of a joke or character?

Natalie: That whole conversation, Josh, Brent, Nadiya and I were just hysterically laughing and sitting around watching, because so much more was said that was so funny. For us it was just funny. But it true that even from the start, we never pretended that we were the "nice" team on the Race. We weren't Josh & Brent. Josh and Brent are so nice. Even on the final Leg, if Brent said something mean, Josh would be like, "That's not nice." Me and Nadiya are not like that. Just from the start, we were the bullies and the crazy people and we owned it. We never pretended to not be.

HitFix: I did just talk to Beekmans and they had many nice things to say about the two of you. Was any of that hostility in the last couple Legs serious? Was it even heat-of-the-moment serious?

Natalie: It was serious, as in we were racing for a million dollars and it came down to the Beeks or us, so obviously emotions were flying high. The Beeks, that was the most charged I saw them the entire Race, was when they were racing against us and when they came to the finish line and they won, it was really loud last nice, but they said something along the lines of "The Sri Lankans stoked their fires and gave them that drive." Me and Nadiya brought it out in them and I feel like it was good TV when then Beeks finally... when the sleeping giant was awoken. I thought that was amazing, so it's all in good fun. It's all just part of the Race and TV.

HitFix: And continuing along those lines, how about the hostilities with Abbie and Ryan?

Nadiya: Yeah. Abbie and Ryan? None of that was manufactured or fake. Me and Natalie, when we feel a certain way about somebody, we're gonna express it and I think Abbie and Ryan were perfect in that aspect, because they were able to go back and forth and hand it out and dish it and take it. And, you know, now after the Race, even though we're the ones who got them U-Turned, we've kinda moved on and we're actually very good friends with them, too. So it goes to show that while racing, it's just business. You don't take things personally while you're racing, unless of course you do things in a way that is... Like you go behind people's backs or stuff like that, but we always kept it up-front that we were not fans of them and we kept it up-front with the Beekmans that we were going for their throats in that last Leg.

HitFix: You guys were so anxious to take Ryan & Abbie out and you concocted that whole U-Turn plan that got rid of them. That, of course, kept the Beekmans in the Race. Have you spent any time subsequently thinking about what might have happened had you let nature take its course?

Natalie: We don't have any regrets on the Race. But if we did think about it, we got Abbie & Ryan out, because forged this Dream Team and we said, "Alright. If the Dream Team is gonna go into the Finals, we have to make sure the strongest competition is out," and that was Abbie & Ryan. We never expected the Beekmans to be a threat. Like we said during the Race, last Leg, we said, they were like a non-factor in me and Nadiya's head until they started kicking ass and then we were like, "Oh. Holy s***. Now what do we do?" Either way, we can't say, "Coulda, shoulda, woulda." We wanted them out because they were our biggest competition, but in the end the Dream Team didn't go through anyway, so who knows?

HitFix: And what interpretation do you guys want to give for the money incident with the Rockers? People have been very vocal about that...

Natalie: Me and Nadiya, we found money. We didn't steal it, although a lot fans like it dub it as stealing so they can have something to b**** about, but me and Nadiya found the money fair and square and we OKed it with production, kept it and shared it because we found it with another team. We felt bad for Trey & Lexi because they were so much more sensitive than Nadiya and I when it comes to how people treat them and comment on stuff on Facebook. Me and Nadiya are much more thick-skinned. The only people that I care about know me as a person outside of the Race and we know that competing in "The Amazing Race" is different from real life. The people who find it difficult to separate the two are the people that have a huge problem with it and I really don't care what they think.

Nadiya: Yeah, like Natalie said, no regrets. I thought it was so ridiculous that people were saying that we needed to be arrested in Bangladesh and it was a felony we got dubbed "The Thieving Twins" after that. It was so ridiculous and over-the-top and, in fact, when the next episode came on, people were commenting like, "Who's to say that the Twins didn't take the Rockers' passport?" To me, it was just complete rubbish and I have no regrets. If I found it, I'd take it again.

HitFix: You sound very in-synch here and you were mostly on the same page through the Race. Did you guys learn anything about each other out there or do you know each other so well that it was all familiar?

Natalie: I don't think we learned anything, but when we watched the show, all of the things that we already knew about ourselves were just basically plastered on the TV. The things that we said that we shouldn't do on the Race with each other, we did. And watching it is so difficult, because going in, we knew and we said, "We can't do this. When do this with each other, it ends up being a bad thing." But watching it and not being able to control some things, it was difficult to watch.

Nadiya: Yeah, it confirmed all of the things that we already knew.

HitFix: As a last question: Give me a favorite moment from the Race that we didn't get to see on TV...

Nadiya: I think our softer side. Me and Natalie, people were very weirded out that Trey & Lexi and us were so close. It was a completely organic relationship. There was no business talk with Trey and Lexi. It was always just us having a really good friendship with them and I think to see our softer side, because you saw so much of the abrasive, blunt sides of me and Natalie. There is a softer. sweeter side of us that nobody got to see. It would have been nice to see some of that on TV.

Natalie: My favorite moment that probably wasn't shown was when we all spent the night in the Bangladesh airport, which was cool with the team and everybody. for better or for worse. just getting along and talking it out.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 04:30:52 PM by georgiapeach »
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #187 on: December 11, 2012, 03:11:08 PM »
Posted on the Twinnies FAN PAGE from Brent and Josh Beekmans
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline imi339

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #188 on: December 11, 2012, 03:52:49 PM »
I loved them! They are my all-time favourite team on TAR.
They were hilarious and competitive and fun to watch. I laughed so hard nearly every time they were on the screen. :D And they made fun of themselves, too. and okay maybe they weren't really nice all the time,but who cares, they made this season really good. :D

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #189 on: December 11, 2012, 04:25:49 PM »

[/b]
[/color]
There's no reason for you to attack people for no logical reason. Last time I checked, people can have opinions. That's what a forum is for.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #190 on: December 11, 2012, 05:10:04 PM »

an article plus interview from fellow sri lankan... :js:

An Amazing Race – Amazing Experience!
Posted on December 10, 2012 by itb2p

The Amazing Race is one of the most popular reality television shows in the United States. And this year, the Race is special to us in Sri Lanka as two Sri Lankan ladies are currently participating in the race. With their sense of enthusiasm, competitive spirit and fun loving nature they have certainly brought some colour in to the Race.

Q) Your full names :
Our full names are Nadiya Anderson, and Natalie Anderson

Q) Please fill us in on your Sri Lankan roots

We were born in Queens New York, however, our parents brought us back to Sri Lanka when we were three years old. We lived in Dehiwala, then moved back to the United States when we were 14 for high school.

Even though we were born in the US and have spent the last 15 years here, we have, and will always consider ourselves Sri Lankan! We are extremely proud to be Sri Lankan women!

Q) Do tell us about your family

Our parents, Bernadine and Anton Anderson, are the most important people in our lives! They are the reason we are as outgoing, confident and strong as we are. They have always encouraged us to stand up for what we believed in and be true to ourselves, even if it meant not meeting others expectations of what we should be.

My sister and I always did things our own way, and our parents have been our biggest supporters.

Our Dad, Anton, is Managing Director and Partner of Scanwell Logistics Sri Lanka. He is also the reason we have always been athletes. He grew up an athlete and was a definite influence in our lives. He has been our number one supporter! He was very proud of us when we represented the CR&FC on the Women’s Rugby team one summer. It was also a proud moment for us to be able to play with local Sri Lankan female athletes and be apart of the history of the club.

Our Mom, Bernadine is also an inspiration to us. She is the owner/principal of La Petite Fleur Montessori House of Children and also founded a non-profit programme, Bridge2Peace in response to the devastating Tsunami in 2004. My mother has been a great role model, she taught us how to be strong, powerful women.

Our parents are both invested in the cause of creating opportunities and a better life for the unprivileged children of Sri Lanka. Together they have changed the lives of so many, and we couldn’t be more proud of them both!

Q) Where did you school in Sri Lanka and in the US

In Sri Lanka we attended Asian International School. We made an easy adjustment to school in the US, where we attended a public high school in West Hartford, Connecticut called William Hall High. We then attended Fordham University in New York and graduated in 2008 from the school of business.

Q) What are you qualified in

We both did our Undergrad in Business Management, with a concentration in International Business and Marketing.

Natalie: I am currently pursuing my Masters in Physical Therapy at Hunter College in New York.

Q) What are you interested in doing in terms of work etc and why

Natalie: I would like to finish school and work closely in the area of sports rehab with a professional sports team. This has been a dream of mine since a rugby injury while playing for my university team, where I tore my ACL and MCL and underwent surgery and rehab.

Nadiya: I have worked in the non-profit sector in New York City for three years. I am currently working with my mother and Bridge2Peace. I want to continue to bring awareness to Bridge2Peace and our country.

Q) So what made you guys enter The Amazing Race

Our friends and family have always told us that we would be perfect for The Amazing Race. We always thought it would be a good idea, but never applied. Then, a friend of ours submitted a video of us to The Amazing Race, and from there, The Amazing Race wanted us to be apart of the show.

Because we are twins and very close, we knew it would be perfect for us. The fact that we are athletic, strong, well travelled, and do well in intense situations together made us perfect candidates!

Q) What has it been like so far in the race?

So far The Amazing Race has been a truly amazing experience. Getting to travel while completing extreme challenges and fun obstacles was a dream come true for us. We love being physical, challenging ourselves and seeing how far our bodies and minds can be pushed.

The race was exhausting, but at the same time one of the most exhilarating things we have ever done. We also got to meet new people and create friendships that will last us a life time.

The process of watching ourselves on national television and being recognised in both Sri Lanka and the US is surreal but at the same time pretty cool. Amazing Race is the number one watched reality show in the US, and close to 11 million people watch it each week.

People who recognise us ask us about Sri Lanka and about our parents, they want to know more than what the camera shows. We don’t think we will ever get used to people coming up to us and asking for pictures and autographs.

Q) What do you think your chances are at winning the race?

We went into The Amazing Race feeling confident about our chances of wining! Part of it is our personality, and part of it is our experiences!

There were several reasons why we felt like we would have a good chance at winning:

1) We grew up in Sri Lanka       

2) We were in the best shape of our lives

3) We are strongest when we work together

4) We do very well under pressure

5) We can have a good time no matter what we are doing!

Q) What has been the best part of the race so far?

The best part of the Race so far has been experiencing The Amazing Race together and being able to represent Sri Lanka! As the first Sri Lankans to ever be on The Amazing Race we are very proud to let people know who we are and where we come from!

Also making our parents proud of how strong we are as a team – It’s a reflection of how they raised us. They have always encouraged us to be ourselves, be it at school, at work, our personal lives, or on national television, with 11 million people watching!

Q) In terms of fitness has it been rigorous and do you guys think you are handling it well

We think we are handling ourselves amazing in terms of fitness, being one of only two female/female teams, we knew that upper body strength would be something we needed to work on.

We have always been athletes, we swim, play rugby, basketball, track and field and have always stayed active but for the race we knew we needed to focus on strength, so we took up CrossFit (heavy lifting and strength training) and worked out five days a week for three months prior to filming/competing on The Race.

When we left to The Race we where the strongest, and fastest we had ever been in our lives! During filming everybody was surprised at our endurance and athletic ability, not only because we were female but also because people are not used to seeing girls from Asia/India/SriLanka being so strong/athletic.

It was a great feeling to crush people’s stereotypes of what a Sri Lankan girl ‘should’ be like, and dominate the physical challenges!

Q) Anything else you’d like to add on the race and anything else in general?

We are proud to be representing Sri Lanka while running the race. We are known as the Sri Lankan/American twins and people don’t understand why despite being born in New York City, and spending most of our lives in America, we still are so closely attached to our Sri Lankan culture and heritage.

We try and explain that Sri Lanka has been THE most shaping factor in our lives. It is apart of who we are and what we are, and no matter where we live or what we end up doing in the future, being Sri Lankan will always be apart of our identity, is at the very core of our identity and will continue to shape our lives.

From all the places we have lived, Sri Lanka will always be home.

Also we just want to say thank you to all the people watching from Sri Lanka! Thanks for the support and thanks for cheering us on!

By Natasha Fernandopulle

http://www.bridge2peace.org/an-amazing-race-amazing-experience/

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #191 on: December 11, 2012, 06:03:40 PM »
I found the twinnies loud and overbearing, but likeable and not mean. They were fun to watch, especially the reactions of ones around them. I loved the way they almost always made things fun and laughed.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #192 on: December 11, 2012, 08:40:17 PM »

[/b]
[/color]
There's no reason for you to attack people for no logical reason. Last time I checked, people can have opinions. That's what a forum is for.
Umm... There are no team without haters... All teams have their fans and haters, and it's up to us to become which. Why are you seems really angry about that? Like Coolio! said, all of us can have our own opinions about every teams. :cmas5 :res:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #193 on: December 11, 2012, 08:41:36 PM »
I read somewhere that the Twins actually did complete the mushroom Roadblock far ahead of the Beekman's but were forced by production to go back because they apparently did something wrong? It also looks to be why the Twins looked pretty unhappy arriving at the mat. Thoughts?

I am looking for an official source..

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #194 on: December 11, 2012, 09:37:15 PM »

[/size]

:wtf: :cmaslol

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2012, 09:53:17 PM »
Just read the twins interview and love them for being real, but honestly they really need to learn to know how to tone down. I know they don't give a damn, but I think it's always good to have a balance of everything...

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2012, 10:19:07 PM »
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-natalie-and-nadiya-anderson-talk-about-the-amazing-race-%28part-1%29-14176.php

Exclusive: Natalie and Nadiya Anderson talk about 'The Amazing Race' (Part 1)
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 12/11/2012

Natalie Anderson and Nadiya Anderson finished The Amazing Race's 21st season in fourth place during Sunday night's two-hour finale broadcast of the CBS reality competition.

The "Twin Sisters" had been eliminated from the Race just shy of making it to the Final 3 due to arriving at the eleventh leg's Pit Stop in Loire Valley, France, in last place.

"Goat Farmers and Life Partners" Josh Kilmer-Purcell and Brent Ridge were crowned the champions when they were the first team to cross the final finish line in New York, NY, ultimately claiming the $1 million grand prize. "Chippendales Dancers and Best Friends" Jaymes Vaughan and James Davis finished second, while "Dating Couple" Trey Wier and Alexis "Lexi" Beerman came in third place.

In an exclusive interview on Monday, Natalie and Nadiya talked to Reality TV World about their The Amazing Race experience.

Below is the first half of Natalie and Nadiya's interview. Check back with Reality TV World soon for the concluding portion. Also, to read the first half of our interview with Josh and Brent, click here. To begin reading Trey and Lexi's interview, click here. For more interviews with the Final 4 teams, check back with us throughout the week.

Reality TV World: How far behind Josh and Brent do you think you finally arrived at the Pit Stop where you got eliminated?

Natalie Anderson: You know what? We have no idea. We didn't even ask them, because we were with them yesterday. For us, it didn't even really matter whether we lost by a few minutes or a second or hours. It didn't matter to us. We came in fourth. Me and Nadiya are the kind of people who don't analyze and think, "Oh my God, how much was it?" For us, we lost, and that's all we care about. (Laughs)

Reality TV World: How confident were you leaving that mushroom Roadblock task that you were going to survive and be one of the Final 3 teams? I'm sure you didn't think you'd get lost on the way to the Pit Stop.

Nadiya Anderson: Yeah, we were extremely confident. I mean, me and Natty were really navigating well through France all by ourselves with no help from anybody else. All the other teams actually had each other while they were navigating through the country.

Once we got separated, we were on our own. And we had actually navigated so well that we got through that first Roadblock in second and then we got to the mushrooms before the Beekman Boys [Josh and Brent], even though we left there second.

And we felt really confident leaving. The only problem is, we can't anticipate wrong directions. So, we actually got to the place and the lady told us really well. Unfortunately, it was the wrong place we were going to. So, you know, it was just a bad choice for listening to somebody. Would've, could've, should've -- it doesn't matter. At the end of the day, we went the wrong way.

Reality TV World: Natalie, I know you mentioned you girls didn't pay close attention to how long things took you. But do you have any idea how long it took you to finish that mushroom Roadblock task? And also, what was the most complicated thing about the task?

Natalie Anderson: The most complicated thing was -- well, me and Nadi first of all, we ran into this stupid kid who was giving us directions. We honestly were in the cave for about 10 minutes, just running around looking for our clue, because we just ran in like crazy people. And then we had to run back out and actually do the task the way I was instructed to get it done.

Altogether, I think it took at least 45 minutes at the mushrooms, with the messing up and the errors and then the coming back out. The cave was enormous, so confusing.

I don't know what other people did to find the mushrooms, but at the end, the only reason I found the blue mushrooms is there was like a little painted spot at the top of the cave, because the blue mushrooms were the hardest to find. So yeah, it probably took 45 minutes altogether.

Reality TV World: How much studying had you two done throughout the Race, and based upon what you saw during last night's finale, if you had made it to the final leg and had to do the flag Roadblock task, which one of you do you think would've done it the best and why?

Nadiya Anderson: Yeah, if we had made it, finding out that the finale was in New York was such a hard pill to swallow, because we're from here, we've lived here, we were born in New York. It was kind of a really hard pill to swallow. And then finding out what the challenge is, Natalie definitely would have done the height challenge, because I'm kind of the punk when it comes to heights.

I'm kind of not the daredevil. And I definitely would've done the language challenge. I think we would've had a real advantage on that because we know the difference between Indonesian and Bengali. We know how it looks on paper.

Even if we didn't know the actual words, we could've figured out the difference between Bengali and Indonesian because we're from that part of the world as well. And that was really hard to see the other teams struggle so much. It only made us realize that, you know, we would've done extremely well in that one challenge.

Reality TV World: You guys finished third or fourth in the majority of legs this season, and you had even won two legs -- which is pretty impressive. Knowing how well you two had done, did it frustrate or surprise you that the winning team had never won a prior leg of the Race? Some viewers are arguing that Josh and Brent really didn't deserve to win because they just kept getting lucky, so what are your thoughts on all that? 

Natalie Anderson: Well you know, I definitely feel luck plays a huge part in the Race. If luck is on your side, it can make or break you. In the past, [LaKisha "Kisha" Hoffman and Jennifer "Jen" Hoffman] of all-stars, they didn't win a single leg. I don't know if their track record was as bad as the Beekmans', but they won the whole thing.

It's like people who argue that they don't deserve to win are completely -- I don't even know what to tell them. It's like, "Get away from your computer and pick on somebody else," because the Beekmans, they deserved to win. When me and Nadi started, we were always at the top of the starting [points].

And when it mattered, we dropped the ball. The Beekmans did the opposite. And they, I feel, they took -- in our eyes, they took our spot away in the finals. It's not like they sucked in the finals. They kicked ass in the finals and they won, so I don't understand why people would even say that. It's just beyond me.

Reality TV World: Disregarding the fact Josh and Brent won the Race, it seemed pretty clear throughout the Race they weren't really seen as a threat. So could you explain why you didn't want to align with them instead of two strong teams? It seemed like the better strategic move would've been to keep them around at the time, no?

Nadiya Anderson: I mean, one of the reasons that we didn't get close to Brent and Josh is because we never were racing with them. We were always ahead of the pack, and they were always behind. So we never got to interact with them in challenges. We never got to interact with them at Detours. We were constantly with Trey and Lexi, Jaymes and James, and [Abbie Ginsberg and Ryan Danz].

Abbie and Ryan, we rubbed each other the wrong way. And Lexi and Trey and Jaymes and James, we got along. The Beekmans were definitely a non-factor for us, as we put it, during the Race. And it came back to bite us in the end -- two times. They did an amazing job coming up and taking it all in the end.

Like Natalie said, it was a comforting factor in a way to know that even though they took our spot in the finals, them winning it all made it just a little bit easier for us to be happy for them, because they really took it into over-drive and proved themselves when they took the whole thing.

Natalie Anderson: Also, it was a strategic move for us to keep the Beekmans with us. We felt like if the Beekmans were in the final -- if there were the Final 4 teams and then it came down to the Final 3 -- like Nadi said, when we saw Josh and Brent in Barcelona, we were so excited because it wasn't the crazy, competitive, outgoing, crazy, psycho team of Abbie and Ryan.

Because they, for us, were the No. 1 competition. So when we had them, we were like, "Cake walk! The Beekmans! They'll be at the end as usual!" And you know, whatever, that obviously didn't go as planned. (Laughs)

Above is the first half of Natalie and Nadiya's interview. Check back with Reality TV World soon for the concluding portion. Also, to read the first half of our interview with Josh and Brent, click here. To begin reading Trey and Lexi's interview, click here. For more interviews with the Final 4 teams, check back with us throughout the week. 

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #197 on: December 11, 2012, 10:33:11 PM »
http://www.northjersey.com/arts_entertainment/television/182931291_Edgewater_twins_have_no_regrets_about__Amazing_Race__loss_lessons_learned_in__Race_.html

Edgewater twins have no regrets about 'Amazing Race' loss
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
BY  VIRGINIA ROHAN

Twins Nadiya and Natalie Anderson did not win "The Amazing Race" — the gay partners known as the Beekman Boys did — but the 26-year-old sisters, who live together in Edgewater, did make it to the final four in Sunday night's finale. And they learned some life lessons.

"My favorite part of doing the show was definitely learning about me and Natalie and seeing that if we put our minds together and we focus sometimes, we can really get the job done," Nadiya said Monday afternoon. "Part of that was learning our weaknesses and where we need to sometimes focus a little bit more instead of playing around a lot. That's where me and Natalie always struggle."

Said Natalie, "My favorite part was probably just the competition aspect … and being in different countries."

In Sunday's two-hour finale, the Andersons and the Beekman Boys — New York goat farm owners, longtime partners and former "The Fabulous Beekman Boys" stars Josh and Brent — were vying to be the third team to arrive at the mat. During the race, which covered more than 25,000 miles across three continents, the Beekman Boys were often behind almost everybody else.

And so the twins, who were born in New York City and grew up in Sri Lanka, were "completely surprised" by the win, Nadiya says, adding, "We really overlooked their potential from the start."

And what about the seeming animosity during one of their final face-offs, in which both teams were trying to prepare a huge amount of dog food for a group of French hunting dogs?

"It's all in good fun," Nadiya says. "Everything we said to them was always to their face. And while we were cutting the meat and calling them 'evil gays,' they were laughing along with us."

The twins and the Beekmans actually watched the finale together in New York City. "We hugged it out at the end, and I said, 'Congratulations. We love you guys. You are amazing,' " says Natalie.

"Me and Nadiya, we take ownership for everything that we messed up during the race. … And we do come off really, really cutthroat and really frank and all the teams knew that about us from the start, so I have no enemies on the race," said Natalie. "Maybe the rocker, he's still a bit touchy on the money subject …"

The "rockers" were North Jersey native Mark "Abba" Abbattista, an entertainment lawyer who grew up in North Arlington, and his friend James LoMenzo, a California-based musician. In Istanbul, Nadiya and Natalie took money that the rockers had inadvertently left lying around.
When the episode was about to air, the twins sent them an email heads-up about how their money had vanished, saying they hoped there were no hard feelings.

"And we never heard back from them," Natalie says. "But we made peace with it and we have no regrets in playing the game. We didn't sign up to be the nicest team on 'The Amazing Race.' … We're competitive and I'm sorry, if that means we come off like that … it is what it is."

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #198 on: December 12, 2012, 05:44:39 PM »
Like them or not, they were the stars of the season, and they will defs be back for sure on a future race.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #199 on: December 12, 2012, 11:46:05 PM »
That I would have to disagree with Kandace... the real stars were both Chips and Twinnies. Chips getting the good end, Twinnies getting the bad end... so both will be legitimate choices for Allstars.

I don't like the Twinnies, but for show purposes I want to see them back!! (It's like hoping to see Rob and Amber back again and LOSE!)  :cmas27 :cmaslol