Author Topic: Pre-Favourites Discussion  (Read 8906 times)

Offline shiqiansoh

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • TIM AND TE JAY 4EVER!!
Pre-Favourites Discussion
« on: September 02, 2012, 05:20:52 AM »
I hear that TAR21 will start on September 30th (31st in my region). It starts at 8p.m., right?

Anyway, guys, discuss your pre-favourite teams here in this thread
~~~Shi Qian~~~

Offline shiqiansoh

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • TIM AND TE JAY 4EVER!!
Re: Pre-Favourites Discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 05:22:25 AM »
For me:
Jaymes & James
Rob & Kelley
James & Mark
Abbie & Ryan
Britney & Caitlin
Rob & Sheila
~~~Shi Qian~~~

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 05:42:11 AM »
In order of how much I like them:
1. Gary & Will
2. Jaymes & James
3. Amy & Daniel
4. James & Abba
5. Brittany & Caitlin
6. Natalie & Nadiya
7. Trey & Lexi

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 05:57:08 PM »
I hear that TAR21 will start on September 30th (31st in my region). It starts at 8p.m., right?

shiqiansoh,

I hope that it will be October 1 on your calendar when AR21 telecasts start. The U.S. East Cost is nominally going to start at 8pm EDT, but that could be delayed due to the Ryder Cup final matches.

Besides that here are 3 AFC 4:05pm football games that must finish by 7pm to avoid delaying the start of 60 Minutes which precedes AR21:

Miami @ Arizona — 4:05
Oakland @ Denver — 4:05
Cincinnati @ Jacksonville — 4:05
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 06:16:24 PM by apskip »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 06:57:37 PM »
The Ryder Cup golf matches are on NBC and will have absolutely no effect on the start of TAR 21 on CBS. If they do have a runover, it might delay coverage of the NYGiants/Philidelphia football game.

The 3 AFC games on CBS are only double market games and will only be shown in those cites. There could be delays in Jacksonville, Miami and Cincinnati only for the start of TAR 21. Denver, Arizona and Oakland markets will get TAR 21 at normal PDT schedule. If you live in a home market for Miami, Jacksonville or Cincinnati football games every Sunday....then you probably will be delayed.

FOX network has the national double header game starting at 4:25 pm. Again, football runovers on FOX do not affect the start time for TAR on CBS.
Matthew 7:15

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 10:24:43 PM »
The 3 AFC games on CBS are only double market games and will only be shown in those cites. There could be delays in Jacksonville, Miami and Cincinnati only for the start of TAR 21. Denver, Arizona and Oakland markets will get TAR 21 at normal PDT schedule. If you live in a home market for Miami, Jacksonville or Cincinnati football games every Sunday....then you probably will be delayed.
We can't say yet that Denver might not be delayed. DST is still in effect, and if the game is sold out at least 72 hours before kickoff (sometime Friday afternoon, and depending on whether the Denver CBS station is taking the west coast or the east coast feed during DST), then they might also have an overrun issue. And as I mentioned in the scheduling thread, with the later kickoff for late games (4:15 et/1:15 pt) the odds of a runover will be higher this season.
-- theschnauzers

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 10:25:21 PM »
The Ryder Cup golf matches are on NBC and will have absolutely no effect on the start of TAR 21 on CBS. If they do have a runover, it might delay coverage of the NYGiants/Philidelphia football game.

FOX network has the national double header game starting at 4:25 pm. Again, football runovers on FOX do not affect the start time for TAR on CBS.

Sorry, thats my bad. Its really hard to know which channel that week's tournament is on. The PGA Tour has a rotation of CBS and NBC as the networks that televise their golf.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 12:19:10 AM »
We can't say yet that Denver might not be delayed. DST is still in effect, and if the game is sold out at least 72 hours before kickoff (sometime Friday afternoon, and depending on whether the Denver CBS station is taking the west coast or the east coast feed during DST), then they might also have an overrun issue. And as I mentioned in the scheduling thread, with the later kickoff for late games (4:15 et/1:15 pt) the odds of a runover will be higher this season.

1) Denver is in Mountain Time Zone. I have friends there that are TAR fans.......they are never delayed by football. They actually kid me about getting delayed so much. Denver is never on the East Coast TAR feed.

2) Denver not selling out?.....are you crazy? With Peyton Manning,  all games will be sold out. Now if they were playing in Oakland....I can see it not being sold out.

3) Only the late double header games will start at 4:25. Late single games will start at 4:05.  On Sunday, Sept 30, FOX network has the double header. CBS has late single games. Again, the only places that might see a delay are the late game cities in the Eastern and Central time zones. Miami, Jacksonville and Cincinnati.

4) There is only ONE game scheduled at 4:15 in the whole NFL season. That is the Thur, Nov 22, Washington @ Dallas game on Thanksgiving Day.

5) 2012 NFL schedule on ESPN.com     http://espn.go.com/nfl/schedule

6) 2012 NFL schedule on Sports Illustrated   http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/schedules/weekly/regular.index.html

7) 2012 NFL schedule on NFL.com   http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2012/REG1
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 12:35:37 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline shiqiansoh

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • TIM AND TE JAY 4EVER!!
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 01:02:10 AM »

shiqiansoh,

I hope that it will be October 1 on your calendar when AR21 telecasts start. The U.S. East Cost is nominally going to start at 8pm EDT, but that could be delayed due to the Ryder Cup final matches.

Besides that here are 3 AFC 4:05pm football games that must finish by 7pm to avoid delaying the start of 60 Minutes which precedes AR21:

I don't live in America. I live in Malaysia.
~~~Shi Qian~~~

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 07:33:46 AM »
There is no September 31st. Only 30 days in September  :tup:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 10:02:47 AM »

shiqiansoh,

This is why I love living in Pacific Time. :lol3:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:44:42 AM by ianthebalance »

Offline shiqiansoh

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • TIM AND TE JAY 4EVER!!
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 12:01:24 AM »
There is no September 31st. Only 30 days in September  :tup:

Well then I'm guessing in my region, it'll be October 1st.
So, if it comes Sep 30th, it'll be the morning. Lol!
~~~Shi Qian~~~

Offline shiqiansoh

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • TIM AND TE JAY 4EVER!!
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 12:02:50 AM »

This is why I love living in Pacific Time. :lol3:

I did NOT say it. Please don't add words into my mouth. It makes me  :'(
~~~Shi Qian~~~

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 08:16:32 AM »
I'm gonna like the srilankins (sp) but i feel that they will fall victim to my 4th place curse (any team i like either gets eliminated first i.e.: Bilal and Sae'eed and Vipul and Arti..  9th Wanda and desire... or 4th(or close to it) ie dustin and kandece

Offline shiqiansoh

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • TIM AND TE JAY 4EVER!!
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 08:35:26 AM »
Does anybody know the official time for TAR21 premiere?
~~~Shi Qian~~~

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 10:25:51 AM »
Check the scheduling thread. :tup:

8PM Sunday the 30th!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.