Author Topic: TARaus2 EP 8 LIVE Show Discussion! **Starts Monday at 730PM (aus)**  (Read 5764 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Havana!!  :wohoo:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARaus2 EP 8 LIVE Show Discussion! **Starts Monday at 730PM (aus)**
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 05:46:35 AM »
I LOVED THIS LEG <3

(oh and I have a suspicion we're getting a nude f/f like in hamerotz next leg, jsyk)

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 05:47:55 AM »
CANADA NEXT WEEK  :hearts:  :wohoo:  :conf:  :hrt:  :wohoo:

Next week's Roadblock looks like a Mission Impossible stunt  :lol:

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 06:34:02 AM »
so sad to see sticky and sam go, especially since it meant grace and joseph got to stay ><
shane and andrew are slowly moving up the pack... o.O

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 06:40:47 AM »
also, a point of discussion from tonight's episode, what if joseph and grace had their penalty at the second pit stop a la kent and vyxsin unfinished business, would sticky and sam still have gone home? the penalty was so useless since it was just before an equaliser! im usually not so opposed to equalisers but in this case i make an exception!!!

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 06:47:31 AM »
I think this was the best episode of the season so far. Lots of funny and interesting moments, and just enough placement shuffles to keep things interesting without getting confusing.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 07:40:56 AM »
This is the place to begin if you have a link to share or need a link to watch. :tup:

NO links should be posted HERE in the threads, we try very hard to protect the uploaders and advertising them is a sure way to get them deleted.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,27212.msg755383.html#msg755383

There are NO live links.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 08:53:09 AM »
Pretty good leg! :hoot:

Not happy with the end result - any of it, really... :'(

I hate crocodiles - that task was hard to watch... :oh
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 05:39:48 PM »
Enjoyed watching the back half of this TBC leg, even if DisGrace is still in the race. And I don't blame Sarah for wanting to slap her, since DisGrace sounded so fake, as she just stands around while her brother does most of the work.

Sucks that Sticky & Sam are gone. After getting off to a good start, their luck ran out, mainly due to being bad with directions in this leg.

Glad to see that this race has truly raced around the world, something the Asian edition never did (even if Allan would say that).
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 05:50:13 PM by WalterC »

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 06:34:54 PM »
I am bummed to see Sticky and Sam eliminated. :'( Especially Sticky. :love2: He was my first TAR contestant crush.  :ihrtu

Otherwise, it was a pretty good episode.  I am liking Sarah more each episode.  When the "hunners" had their debut in the first leg, I had no idea she would turn out to be such a RACER.  I'm not sure I would want to be James though!

I was glad to see the bag-tossing penalty imposed (and had been hoping all week to see one), but I would have liked to have seen it placed elsewhere.  Oh well.

Offline NorCalRacer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 02:38:01 AM »
Hi everyone!!! :hello2:
This is a very awesome leg. I gotta see the exotic Caribbean views and Cuban culture thingy! :hrt: (e.x. the Pit Stop of this leg)

The puzzle seems kinda easy and cocktail making thing look so much fun (no wonder Grace <3 that)

I am glad that Grace team get the penalties for stealing cabs! And at the end of this leg the Grace conversation with pity Sarah makes me feel Grace is a completely fake girl!

By the way, I am glad that my favorite teams(Teachers, James & Sarah, Micjo, Paul the villain and Steve, the cute Policemen) are still in! :conf:

I'm ok with Sticky and Sam to leave as Im not kinda big fan of Sticky. :res: 

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 06:13:43 AM »
Loved the vista's of Cuba especially!  :hearts:  :hearts:
Happy that TAR Australia did get to go there, awesome for a leg.. Especially all the women smoking those gigantic cigars!  :lol:

Loved the Italian sisters all episode.  :hearts: I could just watch a show with them fullstop!  :lol3:
Agreed that the taxi penalty should have been handled differently because it was kinda moot this way.
Still good to see there was a penalty for it.

Sticky and Sam just didn't seem to have their hearts in it, or didn't really try to get out of their bottom place I felt.
Just driving around for an hour when you know you're probably tied in last place, and you have a small lead?? What was that about?  :duno:
I guess they just felt ok leaving where they were. Shame, I would have rather see Joseph and Grace go. Never been a fan of them anyway but lately Grace has been  getting on my nerves quite a bit.  Especially with her rather dumb remarks (even if they were intended as a joke, which I really don't think she did, they were offputting).  :umn:

Steve is starting to grow on me especially now that the focus seems to be off Paul a bit.  :)

Looking forward to the Canada leg next week!  :hearts:
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 08:01:50 AM »
Happy to see Sticky and Sam go, they have been the most boring for a while.  Next I would like Paul and Steve to go, they are the most boring left now probably.  Very happy Joseph and Grace battled back, a two hour penalty seemed excessive when they quite clearly saw Sarah and James before they left and so they knew where their bags were.  Anyway they've had a penalty so I don't see how anyone can complain now, that put that them at the back of the pack and in danger of going out.  Sticky and Sam absolutely had themselves to blame and deserved to go.  Obviously they want Grace to be seen as the villain now, so that's why they were probably wanting the confrontation between the teams and the questioning of Grace from the camera crew.  I don't really need to think of people as villains to enjoy this show though and again with the drinks task they gave us some good drama.

The leg was definitely better than some recent ones.  Liked the self-driving, though a boat to the pit stop made that a bit easy.  The tasks overall where alright.  The crocodile one though was pretty much processional.  At least it had a funny moment when one of them ran out when the twins were doing it.  The locals should not have been allowed to help with the puzzle, you may as well have let them carry the drinks in the other detour if you are allowing that much local help.   
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 08:12:54 AM by starrynight »

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 10:10:01 AM »
My view of Joseph & Grace's penalty was that it was correctly administered. They definitely needed to be penalised for touching another team's possessions, that's for sure, but it would've also been incorrect to administer the penalty at the end of Leg 8, as opposed to the end of Leg 7 (i.e. the TBC) since the infringement was committed on Leg 7, and I personally consider the TBC to be two different legs.

In hindsight, I have to say that Kent & Vyxsin's TAR18 penalty was incorrectly administered - it's something I never picked up on during TAR18, but after seeing how TARAus dealt with Joseph & Grace's penalty on this episode, I definitely think that Kent & Vyxsin's penalty for taking the wrong flight should have been administered at the TBC in Lijiang and not in Kunming.

Great job TARAus! <3 :hearts:

And also:

Welcome to RFF, NorCalRacer! :hello2: :hiya :bigwelcome :welcome2: :wel2 :hithere: :party:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 02:27:00 AM »
It bugged me a bit that Joseph used retrospect to make out that he was always going to be right about which detour they should have gone.  There was no way he could have known for sure how difficult it would be or that locals were allowed to help in the puzzle task but not the other one.

I also suspect the glasses task was judged very generously at the end.  There were no closeups showing whether the drink had actually gone below the line of not.  Why would the judge need so long to look at whether Sticky and Sam had passed?  They got lost anyway so if the production tried to help them at this point it failed. :)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 11:33:11 PM »
Paul and Steve plus twins continue racing. Cops are in third, James and Sarah found clue fourth... italian sisters... FOUND TROPICANA... AND GOD KNOWS HOW. They do know how to drive! #faithinwomen'sdrivingrestored. :lol:

Joseph and Grace and Sticky and Sam bunched up! Lucy and Emilia are always so surprised to be at the pitstop! :lol: :lol: :lol: When Grant gave them their next clue they looked like they nearly died.

Paul and Steve and twins on first charter!

Sticky and Sam are lost again! Joseph and Grace are sixth! Omg. Joseph and Grace are serving a 2 hours penalty for putting James and Sarah stuff out of the taxi!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: THERE'S KARMA AFTER ALL! :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 hour into penalty, Sticky and Sam still lost??

Omg. I just realized the italian sisters are on their own charter alone?? :lol:

Most likely Paul and Steve will win this leg again..~

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 11:54:48 PM »
Let's say Paul and Steve are getting it and twins are completely lost.

Twins are... lost. They don't know how to get the RB!

And Paul and Steve got it.... and it's a Detour!

I'll do the Puzzle.... it's a no brainer. TWINS ARE SO SMART!!! :lol3: :lol3: THEY COPIED THEIR BOAT. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Loveeeeeeeeeeee it!

Shane and Andrew caught a fish! Oh nice Roadblock!! You get to choose either one of the task to do!

Emilia and Lucy.... no clue with Roadblock!

Paul and Steve arrived at Detour! Cocktail making...

Shane and Andrew and Michelle and Jo working well together! Life size puzzles!

James and Sarah lucked out!!! They completed the ROADBLOCK!

Lucy and Emilia completed it too?? :lol: :lol: :lol: The girls are always overperforming!

Michelle and Jo getting the locals HELP!!! :hello2: :lol: Sticky and Sam in 6th!

Joseph and Grace last now!

Grace, listen to your brother......... the puzzle is easier. -_-

Paul and Steve completed it! Drive to AUSTRALIA! :lol:

The cops completed it! 2nd Detour! Michelle and Jo 3rd!

James and Sarah fighting it out...

Sticky and Sam are frustrated... James and Sarah done with their DETOUR!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 12:11:30 AM »
Sticky and Sam are 5th!

Lucy and Emilia... positive!! DONE.. 6TH! And they just went HUH... at the Australia clue.

Grace wouldn't listen... and dropped all the glasses.

Joseph is angry.... they are in dead last.

It's driving again... Sticky and Sam could get lost again... :lol:

Paul and Steve are at the crocodile farm!

Paul and Steve are in first place again!

What an awesome pitstop!

Shane and Andrew are 2nd! They caught a fish and a crocodile this leg!!!! :luvya:

Paul and Steve on their way to a hat trick! :res: $10,000 queenstown trip... :lol:

Shane and Andrew finally in the top pack for once!

Joseph and Grace are last...

Sticky and Sam are completely lost. :lol: As I've predicted. Let's just say they are eliminated for sure.

The twins both caught the crocodile. Let's just put it that way. :lol:

And somehow, Lucy and Emilia... didn't get lost.

James and Sarah catching a crocodile and DONE!

Lucy just used her hands. LOVE THEM!

Twins 3RD! James and Sarah 4th!

Joseph and Grace 6th!

Emilia is the crocodile whisperer!

Lucy and Emilia are 5th!

Sticky and Sam VS Joseph and Grace!

Joseph done!

Joseph and Grace, 6TH!

Bye Sticky and Sam.. if it's a NEL i'll be shocked.

And they are eliminated. Sigh.