Author Topic: TAR 21: What to Expect! New Twist?  (Read 64669 times)

Offline marylandboy234

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 21: What to Expect! New Twist?
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2012, 12:11:56 PM »
The team that crosses the finish line first will win 2 million dollars new preview on cbs.com  :conf:  :conf: :conf:

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2012, 12:17:29 PM »
The team that crosses the finish line first will win 2 million dollars new preview on cbs.com  :conf:  :conf: :conf:
SERIOUSLY???!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o
If that's true, it will be a TOUGH competition in this season! :hearts: :conf:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2012, 01:47:10 PM »

¡Yes, it's true! :cheer: :cheer:
The announcement is on the official page of TAR on CBS.  :trampb:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2012, 01:50:55 PM »

¡Yes, it's true! :cheer: :cheer:
The announcement is on the official page of TAR on CBS.  :trampb:
Yes, I've just read it!! :cheer: :cheer:

So that's why Phil said that "something that is really exciting" and " it will motivate them like they have never been motivated before." :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2012, 02:17:12 PM »
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/2268855908/the-amazing-race-new-season-this-fall-

(It would also potentially explain why the route is not as exciting to some of us; they had to cut back on the budget to afford a bigger prize.)
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

addie

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2012, 02:20:14 PM »
Better a good route than a two million dollar price. :res:
I personally don't care if the price is one or two million dollar.

Offline Macaroons

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2012, 02:33:49 PM »
Is it possible for anyone to get the new video preview on Youtube?

CBS video player gives me nothing but problems and I'm sure I'm not the only one.  :knuckles:

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2012, 02:54:39 PM »

CBS video player gives me nothing but problems and I'm sure I'm not the only one.  :knuckles:

Me too!  :gaah:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2012, 04:45:51 PM »
Completely speculating, but I have a theory:

Show content
It feels to me like there has to be a catch regarding the $2 million prize. Why would they just give out $2 million to the winners? Why start now? What's the point? This got me thinking...

Big Brother 6 (US) had a twist where the winner could potentially win $1 million instead of the usual $500,000, but there was a catch. Each person in the game secretly know another contestant from their real life, and if a pair of secret partners made it to the Final 2, the winner would win $1 million. Maybe The Amazing Race is doing something similar?

My theory is that the $2 million grand prize will ONLY be offered to the team that wins Leg 1; if a team wins both Leg 1 and the Final Leg, they will win $2 million instead of $1 million.

I think this makes sense, if you look at the evidence:

• We have reason to believe that the Express Pass was given out to the winners of Leg 2, so it would fit that the $2 million grand prize is the prize for winning the first Leg.
  • The last two teams to win Leg 1 (Ernie & Cindy, Rachel & Dave) have won the Race.
  • Furthermore, the last time a team won the first leg and failed to make the Final 3 was Season 16 (Jeff & Jordan), and before that, it was Season 12 (Azarea & Hendekea). The team that wins Leg 1 typically finishes the entire Race, even before the Express Pass came into existence, so the excitement of a team possibly winning $2 million would last throughout the whole season.

I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks, but I feel like I might be onto something here. :tup:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 09:15:25 PM by Mug Costanza »
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2012, 04:50:39 PM »
Speculation...
Something that provides extra motivation: the team that finishes first wins $2 million.   :hoot:
:winner

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2012, 05:03:08 PM »

It worked for me on Internet Explorer, but not on Firefox.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2012, 05:11:22 PM »

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2012, 05:23:32 PM »
WOW that's crazy! I never could have predicted that. I wonder why they made that decision. It seems like it would have been better saved up for some kind of best teams season. It certainly raises several questions. Is this the new normal for TAR? Are they boasting of their success or do they think they need to do this to save the show? Again why this season?? :lol:

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2012, 05:25:45 PM »
Here's the Youtube version:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tWXSyNDz5Rw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tWXSyNDz5Rw</a>

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2012, 08:57:54 PM »
Better a good route than a two million dollar price. :res:
I personally don't care if the price is one or two million dollar.

I'm greedy, I'll take both!!     :hoot:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2012, 09:31:47 PM »
Thanks everyone!! :jumpy:

But hmmmm, I also do not believe that $2 million is the whole story.

My theory is that the $2 million grand prize will ONLY be offered to the team that wins Leg 1; if a team wins both Leg 1 and the Final Leg, they will win $2 million instead of $1 million.

I think this makes sense, if you look at the evidence:

• We have reason to believe that the Express Pass was given out to the winners of Leg 2, so it would fit that the $2 million grand prize is the prize for winning the first Leg.
  • The last two teams to win Leg 1 (Ernie & Cindy, Rachel & Dave) have won the Race.
  • Furthermore, the last time a team won the first leg and failed to make the Final 3 was Season 16 (Jeff & Jordan), and before that, it was Season 12 (Azarea & Hendekea). The team that wins Leg 1 typically finishes the entire Race, even before the Express Pass came into existence, so the excitement of a team possibly winning $2 million would last throughout the whole season.

:winner :winner :winner

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2012, 09:49:50 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tWXSyNDz5Rw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tWXSyNDz5Rw</a>

Not available in my country  :'(

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2012, 10:48:42 PM »
For the first time EVER, teams will be racing for 2 MILLION DOLLARS! Season 21 will be amazing for sure!
--- Holy Smokes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/2268855908/the-amazing-race-new-season-this-fall
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2012, 11:22:42 PM »

Not available in my country  :'(
WHY THEY ALWAYS DO THAT??? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2012, 12:14:39 AM »
;)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2012, 12:22:05 AM »
The increase to $2 million is a stunner. I believe this is the first time any of the reality competition shows on US broadcast networks have increased their cash prize.

Now that's one way to heighten the competition!
-- theschnauzers

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2012, 03:09:16 AM »
I have absolutely no idea how astronomical a typical season's budget must come to, but I too would have rather seen the money spent on more extraordinary tasks. I think the competition is pretty fierce with even $1m on the line, but it'll be interesting to see if that does provide any extra motivation!

I've got a feeling that there won't be any catches or clauses, it'll simply be first to the finish line wins $2m. However, I'd like to see something along the lines of 'you can only win $2m if you win at least five legs' or 'never finish below 5th'.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2012, 06:07:50 AM »
This will be really interesting. :tup:

Offline asar

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2012, 07:19:23 AM »
Ofcourse having good route is good but I'd rather want to see more of the competitive side of the race for a change now. U-turns will be used and they will probably put alot of them into this season.  That being said if I was on this race I wouldn't want to win first leg as I would be marked for death by other racers now.

Offline FishyFred

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2012, 09:28:14 AM »
I don't really see how more money is more motivating.  If $1M wasn't good enough, they wouldn't be racing.  Heck, promise a great route, and plenty of people would volunteer for a chance at $100k.

Also, I don't even see how, if it just the 1st leg 1st place team that gets it, that is extra motivation, as that is only motivation for that team.  Starting with the second episode, the only change is 9 teams are racing for $1M like always, and 1 for $2M.  90% stay the same.

At least they should make it so the winners of the most total legs of the final 3 gets the extra prize money chance.  Then, the motivation is not so much the extra money, but the chance at extra money, and that motivation will continue throughout for all the top teams.