Author Topic: Nobody really cares.  (Read 5760 times)

Offline Jill_

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Nobody really cares.
« on: July 04, 2012, 08:04:58 PM »
I can be way off here, but it seems that ABC and the viewers don't really care about this show.

I'm not going to try to defend it, but I do feel sorry for the players (HG's) who think they are going to be the next BB HG's who lasted more than a few weeks and get another gig with reality TV.

Some of them (tGH players) have given up a lot of time with family, jobs and friends to do this and for what?

I tried to figure out what happened as far as who was voted out of limbo today, but no luck.  Probably my awful Internet/computer skills.

Good luck to all of them.  They all seem to be very nice people, but just a little bit boring.  ABC bad.  JMO

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Nobody really cares.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 09:02:56 PM »
I agree.  I watched the first show and that was enough for me.  I couldn't bring myself to try another one.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 09:06:14 PM »
Thank you Jill for all you have done! Sadly, the ratings seem to agree with you...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 10:58:40 PM »
It's kind of a bad rerun of BB1.  There's no real drama, the constant veiwers choice BS is probably more from high school kids wanting to make adults do stupid things than anything else and with 1 show a week and limited viewing it's bleah.  It needs a good shot in the arm of something (imagines wipeout type stunts, with the crass announcers that draw pictures and rewind constantly)

Offline HurricaneHowieWood

• Big Brother Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • Reality TV! Pick your poison!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 05:03:34 PM »
I think the problem with the show, is that they made it all about the viewer control.  If you watch the  webisodes, the live feeds on Monday night, and the show on Monday night.  You see it's all centered around the the viewer's votes.  You can't build a show like that.  Anytime drama remotely shows up in the show, through a fight they only show like 5 seconds of it.  On the feeds if the cast starts getting into a heated debate (fight), the big O, will cut them off and get them onto something else.

It seems that in a effort to build a show that was different than BB they actually went too far and made a show that is so different that its actually turning people off.
Like Us On FB: Reality Fan Forum

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 05:12:14 PM »
Of the small bits and pieces I watched Monday night, I saw that there was very little strategy and that any strategy would be made is by winning over the viewers. I feel there is no way to strategize how to win, unlike Big Brother, because in the end, the viewers control almost everything and the "houseguests" control little of it. I didn't like it.

• Big Brother Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 05:30:22 PM »
In reality...

The Glass House is much more like the international versions of BB where the viewers have much more control, over who stays and who goes, and other aspects of the house.

The first season of BB was played under this set of rules and bombed.  After the first season, the producers sat down and drew up a completely new game, that we know as BB here in the US.

The Glass House tried to go back to the viewer control aspect, but in doing so made the show more about the viewers than about the HGs.  And they have nothing in the show but this is what the viewers want from you.  While the aspects of the glass house have some promise it goes further than it should have.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 11:02:25 PM »
Sorry i fell out of the loop with this show after busting my ankle. I cant devote time to sit  at my desk and have my ankle swell up just to hear THe Big O tell them to draw on some glass.

I was willing to put in the effort at the beginning but now  I dont want to nor will especially  because BB14 is next week.

If im gonna be in pain at least BB14 will be the cause of it and not a computerized voice telling people the viewers want to "know  a story" and the story be lame, a lie or  not relatable
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

• Big Brother Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 11:18:14 PM »
Sorry i fell out of the loop with this show after busting my ankle. I cant devote time to sit  at my desk and have my ankle swell up just to hear THe Big O tell them to draw on some glass.

I was willing to put in the effort at the beginning but now  I dont want to nor will especially  because BB14 is next week.

If im gonna be in pain at least BB14 will be the cause of it and not a computerized voice telling people the viewers want to "know  a story" and the story be lame, a lie or  not relatable

Ugot you did a great job, and I appreciate the help.  I am going to run on the season here with Monday show updates.  And post recorded live streams.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 11:24:11 PM »
Y'all gave it all you had! I am sorry the show did not live up to your initial hopes. :(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 03:00:55 PM »
Thanks Howie! and Thank you peach! :hrt:

I sorta got ticked off last monday at jeffery's comments on the edited show. It's not a place where you make decisions on political standings(prop 8) and he tried to make it all about "HIS wAY of LIFE" which  is the same as mine except I will never put down someone's religion because they think differently.

Prior to Apollo getting  the boot Jeffery said that apollo's  logically way of voting was stupid..  and then he did what he did.  "Pot meet kettle"

I also didnt mind that Kevin played kissy face with Erica and then voted to get her out against Robin. It's a game and Joy should not have taken it personal.

See I am keeping up with it. just cant sit here for a long time to post about it. :(
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 06:04:49 PM »
Having the audience decide who the captains are is ridiculous, that cuts out any strategy within the house and tells them who is less popular in the house.  And I'm tired of all the sob stories as well, probably suits the part of the  American audience who want sentimental stories but I find it boring.