Author Topic: The Paul vs Grace thing  (Read 24133 times)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Re: The Paul vs Grace thing
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2012, 03:43:47 AM »
It would be a whole lot easier to side with Paul if he hadn't already knocked over Kym & Donna's pots in India, and if he didn't constantly talk about bowling people over.

He's made it clear that he's more than willing and capable of bulldozing someone, so it's impossible for me to side with him.
Tbh let's make it clear. It's impossible for you to side with Grace because you are a Grace fan. Stop trying to make it sound so logical that Paul should be bullied.
tbh producers were just trying to make Paul look like a villain to boost ratings. That's why you guys get an impression he kept repeating about knocking others over.
And I don't see any problems with Paul knocking Kym & Donna's pots. He was standing there the whole time. It's Kym & Donna's fault that they did not notice. If Paul did knock those pots over intentionally, why didn't he get any penalty lol?
tbh Grace did not really apologize. She didn't even express any sort of sorry. All she said was "You can talk to me" lol what kind of attitude is that? You get bullied and you are expected to want to talk to that person when that person did not even apologize??
Please make some sense when you try to comment like you are not biased
And after reading Episode 7 spoilers, I'm even more sure who the big fat villain is

You call me biased in favour of Grace? Fine, that's probably true. But clearly you are biased in favour of Paul. So let's agree to disagree, please, :) and I will justify Grace's actions as much as I want to, because I do find them completely justifiable, regardless of whether or not I am a Grace fan. :tup:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2012, 06:51:08 AM »
Okay guys!!

Let's remember to keep the discussion focused on the SHOW and the TEAMS...and not on each other.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Feel free to go after the contestants and their actions all you want...but do NOT go after each other.

Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2012, 07:30:17 AM »
41 votes in the poll! :colors

Offline BitchBitch

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2012, 07:49:59 AM »
It would be a whole lot easier to side with Paul if he hadn't already knocked over Kym & Donna's pots in India, and if he didn't constantly talk about bowling people over.

He's made it clear that he's more than willing and capable of bulldozing someone, so it's impossible for me to side with him.
Tbh let's make it clear. It's impossible for you to side with Grace because you are a Grace fan. Stop trying to make it sound so logical that Paul should be bullied.
tbh producers were just trying to make Paul look like a villain to boost ratings. That's why you guys get an impression he kept repeating about knocking others over.
And I don't see any problems with Paul knocking Kym & Donna's pots. He was standing there the whole time. It's Kym & Donna's fault that they did not notice. If Paul did knock those pots over intentionally, why didn't he get any penalty lol?
tbh Grace did not really apologize. She didn't even express any sort of sorry. All she said was "You can talk to me" lol what kind of attitude is that? You get bullied and you are expected to want to talk to that person when that person did not even apologize??
Please make some sense when you try to comment like you are not biased
And after reading Episode 7 spoilers, I'm even more sure who the big fat villain is

You call me biased in favour of Grace? Fine, that's probably true. But clearly you are biased in favour of Paul. So let's agree to disagree, please, :) and I will justify Grace's actions as much as I want to, because I do find them completely justifiable, regardless of whether or not I am a Grace fan. :tup:
I never really like Paul, or even want them to win, but I start to root for him as people keep saying BS about them
while i liked grace in the beginning, i found her become more and more irritating and immature

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2012, 08:25:14 AM »
I have a hard time siding with a woman who said "I don't like to use my brain" the way Grace did in an earlier episode, or who makes sand angels while her brother digs the car out.
This.
Of course, none of that tells us what happened while the were running, but it tells me a bit about who they are, what they think of themselves, and how they are playing the game.  My conclusion: Paul was focused on running, oblivious to the fact that his pack might hit someone, and had no real intention of knocking anyone over.  He would rather outsmart his opponents than knock them over, and the "bowl them over" remark was hyperbole.  Of course Grace was upset about getting knocked down, but because it was Paul, she wrung all the drama she could out of the situation.  She overdid it a bit at the dock as well, and it seemed to me that she was annoyed that Paul got hostile rather than flirty.
I agree. Hard to tell what happened exactly, but for all Paul's bravado and douchebag statements in comments, I can't really see how he would have done that deliberately as it served no purpose.  :duno:

I think it was mostly an unfortunate coincidence that Grace interpreted more strongly due to Paul's hostility before. Paul thought Grace was being a bully, Grace thought Paul was being rude and not receptive to her somewhat taunting/flirtatious manner. When Turkish men weren't responding to Grace with the shoe shine she got a bit testy about them too, saying they were being 'stubborn' etc. Seems like all the other girls had less issues with getting those men to shine their shoes. I think it was just a clash of personalities and an unfortunate thing that happened afterwards that got interpreted differently as a consequence.
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2012, 03:20:34 PM »
I have a hard time siding with a woman who said "I don't like to use my brain" the way Grace did in an earlier episode, or who makes sand angels while her brother digs the car out.
This.
Of course, none of that tells us what happened while the were running, but it tells me a bit about who they are, what they think of themselves, and how they are playing the game.  My conclusion: Paul was focused on running, oblivious to the fact that his pack might hit someone, and had no real intention of knocking anyone over.  He would rather outsmart his opponents than knock them over, and the "bowl them over" remark was hyperbole.  Of course Grace was upset about getting knocked down, but because it was Paul, she wrung all the drama she could out of the situation.  She overdid it a bit at the dock as well, and it seemed to me that she was annoyed that Paul got hostile rather than flirty.
I agree. Hard to tell what happened exactly, but for all Paul's bravado and douchebag statements in comments, I can't really see how he would have done that deliberately as it served no purpose.  :duno:

I think it was mostly an unfortunate coincidence that Grace interpreted more strongly due to Paul's hostility before. Paul thought Grace was being a bully, Grace thought Paul was being rude and not receptive to her somewhat taunting/flirtatious manner. When Turkish men weren't responding to Grace with the shoe shine she got a bit testy about them too, saying they were being 'stubborn' etc. Seems like all the other girls had less issues with getting those men to shine their shoes. I think it was just a clash of personalities and an unfortunate thing that happened afterwards that got interpreted differently as a consequence.

This. I don't think anyone was trying super hard to bully the other, they just have different approaches/personalities and it resulted in an unfortunate clash. Both overreacted.

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2012, 07:42:36 PM »
I was definitely on Paul's side on this one, as I can understand what he went through, especially with the way Grace was heckling him. And naturally, other teams would side with Grace, since she looks like the poor innocent victim.

I thought it was an accident, and not deliberate. Just unfortunate who fell and who did the "pushing".

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2012, 03:03:16 PM »
Finally caught up, and Team Grace. Thanks. Paul is egotistical and he deserved what she said :lol: but throwing his backpack was uncalled for, though I did laugh at "ARE YOU THAT THREATENED?"

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2012, 06:23:22 PM »
The thing with Paul is he's cocky and loud, but he really hasn't done anything directly to other teams (who didn't already have bad feelings toward him in the first place).  With "the shove," Paul's a very competitive guy, but not the type of person who'd actually knock another person over intentionally.

And seeing Taxigate this episode, I think I feel a lot more strongly now.  :lol:

jiajia12

« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2012, 07:33:29 AM »
I hate Grace more and more,like her in the beginning,but now she's such a spoil bitch,really you want someone out after you steal their taxis? she's so fake,Paul is cocky and stuff,I don't like him too,but he doesn't intentionally do or say anything to hurt other teams.

Hope Grace get her ass send home soon :conf: :conf: :conf:

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2012, 07:46:31 AM »
Much prefer Grace to Paul, she's a great deal more fun.  And I don't take her occasional words of wisdom as seriously as some people here do lol, I think it's pretty obvious that she is joking at times.