Author Topic: The Paul vs Grace thing  (Read 24220 times)

Offline APABLD

• RFF Jr. Member
    • adouangchak YouTube
The Paul vs Grace thing
« on: June 30, 2012, 05:00:36 AM »
What do you think about it and whose side (if any) are you on?

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Paul vs Grace thing
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 05:18:07 AM »
I am not gonna say exactly which racers but I saw on twitter that other racers (not Paul & Steve) said that they don't like Grace and she needs some growing up to do and
Show content
we will see her true colors soon.
<----- I don't know if this is spoiler much but just in case....
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 05:23:30 AM »
Well I'm definitely on Grace's side with the things that happened in Dubai while teams were just waiting around. :tup:

As for the whole push/fall thing, it's very hard to make a definitive assessment of the situation without any footage of the event, but given all the comments we've had from Paul in the past about wanting to bowl over anyone who is in his way, I think that shows how he wants to run the race, which is why I am definitely on Grace's side here as well. ;)

I just wish we had footage of exactly what happened... :gaah:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 05:27:19 AM »
Well I'm definitely on Grace's side with the things that happened in Dubai while teams were just waiting around. :tup:

As for the whole push/fall thing, it's very hard to make a definitive assessment of the situation without any footage of the event, but given all the comments we've had from Paul in the past about wanting to bowl over anyone who is in his way, I think that shows how he wants to run the race, which is why I am definitely on Grace's side here as well. ;)

This is like in TAR20 in Leg 7 at Nairobi Airport when Brendon gave Ralph the finger. We never actually got any footage of that, but I'm pretty sure it happened

I absolutely loved Grace and Joseph, a team I wouldn't mind see winning the race, but after other racers tweeting about dis-Grace's bad side, I'm not sure I'll like them as much as I did before  :(

Here is one of the tweets for any of you who are wondering (not sure if I'm allowed to post it) :
Show content
(tweeter's name removed)
@MaddiLam Unfortunately yes Paul is the scapegoat here although Aussies will soon see a true villain emerge that really is of the worst kind
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 05:36:58 AM by supah3ro »

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 08:10:15 AM »

Agreed!

I would take Grace's side because I think that even if you were bullied, you shouldn't knock someone over. In general, I've hated Paul's arrogance to begin with. In the first place, Grace shouldn't of repeated "Read the Clue" as many times as she did, but Paul should have just ignored it.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 08:39:52 AM »

Agreed!

I would take Grace's side because I think that even if you were bullied, you shouldn't knock someone over. In general, I've hated Paul's arrogance to begin with. In the first place, Grace shouldn't of repeated "Read the Clue" as many times as she did, but Paul should have just ignored it.

"Just ignore it" is honestly one of the worst pieces of advice you can give someone when it comes to bullying.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 08:48:10 AM »
In my schools classification of bullying (and mine as well), Grace did not bully Paul. Bullying is when someone is purposely trying to put someone down and is a repeated offense with an imbalance of power.

I will say what Grace did was wrong, but someone could have tolerated it (which is why I said to ignore it). If this teasing were to go on for all of the remaining legs, then I would consider it bullying and something would need to done to stop Grace and not to ignore it.

Offline balfour

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 10:01:08 AM »
 Grace's actions at the Dubai ferry were very immature. She kept on repeating "read the clue" in a taunting way and making things up like "Did you grab it." It seems like a very high school-y thing to do.

As for Grace's fall in Instanbul, we can't really know without good footage. You'd think with all those cameras they would have picked it up.  :groan:

But in the heat of the race I think Paul might have been a little too reckless. Emilia said that the way he was running could have knocked down anyone. It sorta goes with what Paul said earlier about bowling people over.

But did he do it intentionally? Even I don't think Evil Paul is that evil. I think it was an accident.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 10:22:17 AM »
Grace's actions at the Dubai ferry were very immature. She kept on repeating "read the clue" in a taunting way and making things up like "Did you grab it." It seems like a very high school-y thing to do.

I suppose it could come off as a little immature, :duno: but there's heaps of incidents of teams messing with each other during a HoO throughout the course of TAR history (e.g. BJ & Tyler's fake sign-up list in Sicily for Eric & Jeremy on TAR9) and from my point of view, it's hardly worse than that kind of thing, especially because Grace wasn't wasting Paul's time by telling him to 'read the clue', since everyone was just sitting around waiting.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 11:32:59 AM »
Grace behaved immaturely in Dubai, but I don't think she had bad intentions, she was just kidding around. I thought Paul's reaction was overblown and that he was too dramatic, comparing it to bullying.

As for what happened to Istanbul, I think that it was just Paul's way of racing. If it was any other racer everyone would have said that it was just an accident but Grace overreacted.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 12:02:00 PM »
Grace behaved immaturely in Dubai, but I don't think she had bad intentions, she was just kidding around. I thought Paul's reaction was overblown and that he was too dramatic, comparing it to bullying.

As for what happened to Istanbul, I think that it was just Paul's way of racing. If it was any other racer everyone would have said that it was just an accident but Grace overreacted.

This 100%. He overreacted to Grace, and he clearly didn't mean to knock her over. He even said something along the lines of, "Out of all the people I had to accidentally bump into."

paldog123456

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2012, 12:07:31 PM »
I really truly think Grace is just a young girl that wants to have fun racing around the world, as shown as when she started dancing in Jaipur when they were supposed to be racing. She may need to watch what she says a little bit, but I really don't think she meant to offend Paul.

Paul needs to be a little less intense, and maybe people would open up to him.

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 02:33:02 PM »
I have a hard time siding with a woman who said "I don't like to use my brain" the way Grace did in an earlier episode, or who makes sand angels while her brother digs the car out.  Paul, on the other hand, is quite confident about his mental prowess, but had me laughing out loud when he was totally stumped by the raft building task and seemed ready to throw in the towel on the first leg, after all that chest pounding.

Of course, none of that tells us what happened while the were running, but it tells me a bit about who they are, what they think of themselves, and how they are playing the game.  My conclusion: Paul was focused on running, oblivious to the fact that his pack might hit someone, and had no real intention of knocking anyone over.  He would rather outsmart his opponents than knock them over, and the "bowl them over" remark was hyperbole.  Of course Grace was upset about getting knocked down, but because it was Paul, she wrung all the drama she could out of the situation.  She overdid it a bit at the dock as well, and it seemed to me that she was annoyed that Paul got hostile rather than flirty.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2012, 02:37:02 PM »
In Paul's side.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 02:58:48 PM »

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 04:43:07 PM »
Graces side. I have no idea how what she did in Dubai could be called "bullying", she was just mucking around. Obviously if Paul thinks that is bullying he has never actually been bullied in his whole life.

Offline APABLD

• RFF Jr. Member
    • adouangchak YouTube
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 05:02:14 PM »
Added a poll above.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 05:38:11 PM »
Grace's side!

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 08:43:13 PM »

I suppose it could come off as a little immature, :duno: but there's heaps of incidents of teams messing with each other during a HoO throughout the course of TAR history (e.g. BJ & Tyler's fake sign-up list in Sicily for Eric & Jeremy on TAR9) and from my point of view, it's hardly worse than that kind of thing, especially because Grace wasn't wasting Paul's time by telling him to 'read the clue', since everyone was just sitting around waiting.

The difference in that is the fake sign up sheet was directed at everybody, while the Dubai incident was targeted specifically at Paul. We need to remember as well that Grace was not the only perpetrator, she was just the one that came out the loudest. Bullying means any behaviour that is repeated, systematic and directed towards a person or group of people that a reasonable person, having regard to the circumstances, would expect to victimise, humiliate, undermine or threaten.

Repeated? Yes.
Directed towards a person? Yes
Expected to undermine or humiliate? Yes

Had Grace done that in a workplace and Paul reported it, she would have been given a formal warning at the very least. It's bullying and to be honest, I think Paul handled himself reasonably well about it. His only response was to tell Grace he doesn't want to speak to her, how is that a bad way to behave?

Offline 123blueandwhite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 09:30:42 PM »
I felt Grace was mocking Paul when she was asking for a high-five and a hug.

For those of you that have been claiming Paul is a bully, what exactly did he do?

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2012, 09:53:01 PM »
I think the only reason Grace was doing this to Paul is because he brags to be an alpha male and a very smart person. I think she was trying to give him a taste of his medicine that he should figure out what he is suppose to do next. Had Paul would have just stayed humble and not brag about himself being better than everyone else, this incident would have never happened.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2012, 10:31:49 PM »
It's stupid to say that Paul has been bullying people. The only thing he's done is acted really smug.

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 12:09:42 AM »
Paul did prove he is smart in the past 2 roadblock, didn't he?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2012, 01:59:57 AM »
It would be a whole lot easier to side with Paul if he hadn't already knocked over Kym & Donna's pots in India, and if he didn't constantly talk about bowling people over.

He's made it clear that he's more than willing and capable of bulldozing someone, so it's impossible for me to side with him.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2012, 02:25:22 AM »

And what does that have to do with the price of china? ??? :res:

Offline KevinTheAmazingRaceFAN

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2012, 07:07:47 AM »
I agree. I am on Paul's side too. Grace is just..no comment.. But I do know that OTHER RACERS DO NOT LIKE HER EITHER. I saw one of the racers posted on Twitter :"OMG! You should see how her true colours come out very soon. She is not what you think" and other negative tweets about Grace. And more than one racer posted that so...

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2012, 07:48:01 AM »
Some of my points are a little convoluted, shall we say, bear with me ><

I agree, although in this situation I could easily understand how she had no idea she was making it worse. By trying to play it down she's almost trivialising the issue, but in a bad way, in a "let's not properly deal with this" way, in a "I'm going to mess around with you and then try and make you laugh at how stupid I've made you look in front of all of these people" way; she's rubbing his face in it. The most curative thing for Paul to do would have been for him to say "I don't appreciate you treating me like this" and the most curative response from Grace would have been to apologise, stop her actions and leave it at that.

Do you think Grace would have wanted a high 5 and a hug from Paul after her fall? It's a similar scenario, she felt like she had been bullied by him and what she then wanted was to give him a wide berth, not to carry on as if it was all a joke.

It would be a whole lot easier to side with Paul if he hadn't already knocked over Kym & Donna's pots in India, and if he didn't constantly talk about bowling people over.

He's made it clear that he's more than willing and capable of bulldozing someone, so it's impossible for me to side with him.
The footage of the incident in India pretty much shows that while he didn't do anything to stop their pots from falling, Paul also did not actively push them off the cart. I don't think that incident that is not entirely his fault makes it easier to blame him. It's true that he talks a big rough game but when it comes down to it, actions speak louder than words and I personally haven't found Paul's actions to be consistent with his bowling people over mentality.

And what does that have to do with the price of china? ??? :res:
A smart person, as Paul has proved himself to be, would know better than to abuse someone much smaller than themselves especially given the unfavourable atmosphere already surrounding him and even more especially when SURROUNDED by cameras which will go on to make television.

I agree. I am on Paul's side too. Grace is just..no comment.. But I do know that OTHER RACERS DO NOT LIKE HER EITHER. I saw one of the racers posted on Twitter :"OMG! You should see how her true colours come out very soon. She is not what you think" and other negative tweets about Grace. And more than one racer posted that so...
While I've spent most of this post defending Paul I have to say:
“Truth is not determined by a majority vote.”
― Pope Benedict XVI
So maybe a poll is not the best idea ^^

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2012, 08:24:53 AM »

That was on accident!!!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2012, 09:45:43 AM »

That was on accident!!!

You're entitled to your own opinion, :tup: but my own opinion is that he deliberately stood in the way. :)

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2012, 03:04:11 PM »

That was on accident!!!
This.

Also, I can't believe you guys are making me defend Paul so much when I don't even like him.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2012, 03:05:23 PM »

That was on accident!!!
This.

Also, I can't believe you guys are making me defend Paul so much when I don't even like him.

Then don't defend him.

Offline 123blueandwhite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2012, 03:30:46 PM »

I agree, although in this situation I could easily understand how she had no idea she was making it worse. By trying to play it down she's almost trivialising the issue, but in a bad way, in a "let's not properly deal with this" way, in a "I'm going to mess around with you and then try and make you laugh at how stupid I've made you look in front of all of these people" way; she's rubbing his face in it. The most curative thing for Paul to do would have been for him to say "I don't appreciate you treating me like this" and the most curative response from Grace would have been to apologise, stop her actions and leave it at that.

Do you think Grace would have wanted a high 5 and a hug from Paul after her fall? It's a similar scenario, she felt like she had been bullied by him and what she then wanted was to give him a wide berth, not to carry on as if it was all a joke.

Do you really think Grace would've stopped if Paul said that? Basing on Grace's actions she would've just kept mocking him or teasing him even more.

Why do people think that Paul knocked down the pots intentionally? He just stood there with his backpack on, I doubt he was intentionally standing in the way so he could knock the pots over.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2012, 05:00:20 PM »

That was on accident!!!
This.

Then don't defend him.

Exactly.

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2012, 09:23:25 PM »
I'm with Paul. We have already gotten a glimpse of Grace normal personality and it's not pretty.

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2012, 11:42:51 PM »
As of leg 5 , I won't side with both of them. Both of them became bitchy and I'll watch them on future episodes and see who will be the real bitch.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2012, 12:05:28 AM »
As of leg 5 , I won't side with both of them. Both of them became bitchy and I'll watch them on future episodes and see who will be the real bitch.

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2012, 01:44:06 AM »

Do you really think Grace would've stopped if Paul said that? Basing on Grace's actions she would've just kept mocking him or teasing him even more.

Why do people think that Paul knocked down the pots intentionally? He just stood there with his backpack on, I doubt he was intentionally standing in the way so he could knock the pots over.

I do think Grace would've stopped. I'm definitely on Grace's side for now, most teams seem to think that Paul's being over-the-top about the race and it was just a bit of poking fun. I have no idea how Paul could've classified that as bullying.

Do I think Paul *tried* to knock down the pots? No. Do I think Paul knew that he would've knocked over the pots if he didn't move? Yes. I feel as if Paul knew that if he stood there, he would've bumped into the pots if Kym/Donna didn't go around him.

I haven't read any tweets about Grace so I have no idea what's to come, but I think Paul overreacted there plus a bit of editing made everything seem worse. I don't hate Paul for who he is, I think he'd be an amazingly nice person aside from the race, he just needs to be able to admit that he's a normal person too. Paul/Steve haven't been performing well at all apart from the last leg and even then, the U-Turn was useless so I'm not sure if I'd really consider it overcoming a U-Turn AND coming in first.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2012, 05:10:11 PM »
So which is more important? Dodging to get out of the way from other teams' carts or keeping your pots on the cart? I think the latter.

Offline APABLD

• RFF Jr. Member
    • adouangchak YouTube
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2012, 06:20:00 PM »
On a completely different note to this topic, the ratings are up! Over 1.1 million people watched last night's episode.

http://www.throng.com.au/2012/07/free-to-air-tv-ratings-monday-july-2nd-2012/

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2012, 06:54:47 PM »
On a completely different note to this topic, the ratings are up! Over 1.1 million people watched last night's episode.

http://www.throng.com.au/2012/07/free-to-air-tv-ratings-monday-july-2nd-2012/

WOOOOOOOOOO   :hoot:

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2012, 08:19:03 PM »
Looks like I may be wrong about Grace. From Ross/Tarryn's exit interview: "Grace had another agenda for being on the show wanting to further her career in TV."

So which is more important? Dodging to get out of the way from other teams' carts or keeping your pots on the cart? I think the latter.

I still think there was a way to avoid that situation and Paul saw that he could cause a problem if he stood there and it wouldn't look like he did it on purpose.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2012, 09:18:10 PM »
Looks like I may be wrong about Grace. From Ross/Tarryn's exit interview: "Grace had another agenda for being on the show wanting to further her career in TV."

I still think there was a way to avoid that situation and Paul saw that he could cause a problem if he stood there and it wouldn't look like he did it on purpose.
He's not some kind of cartoonish villain mastermind who has everything planned out. By the time he realized what was going on he probably didn't have time to react. Have you never been so focused on one thing that you don't notice what's happening around you?

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2012, 10:56:15 PM »

He's not some kind of cartoonish villain mastermind who has everything planned out. By the time he realized what was going on he probably didn't have time to react. Have you never been so focused on one thing that you don't notice what's happening around you?

Meh, I won't argue with you because there's no way to ever be sure. I just think it was too much of a coincidence.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2012, 05:11:09 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if this was hyped up way beyond what it was like on the race, just as I suspect the Vanessa/Rachel thing was hyped up this year.

Offline BitchBitch

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2012, 07:43:10 PM »

Tbh let's make it clear. It's impossible for you to side with Grace because you are a Grace fan. Stop trying to make it sound so logical that Paul should be bullied.
tbh producers were just trying to make Paul look like a villain to boost ratings. That's why you guys get an impression he kept repeating about knocking others over.
And I don't see any problems with Paul knocking Kym & Donna's pots. He was standing there the whole time. It's Kym & Donna's fault that they did not notice. If Paul did knock those pots over intentionally, why didn't he get any penalty lol?
tbh Grace did not really apologize. She didn't even express any sort of sorry. All she said was "You can talk to me" lol what kind of attitude is that? You get bullied and you are expected to want to talk to that person when that person did not even apologize??
Please make some sense when you try to comment like you are not biased
And after reading Episode 7 spoilers, I'm even more sure who the big fat villain is
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 07:49:48 PM by BitchBitch »

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2012, 08:00:08 PM »

Tbh let's make it clear. It's impossible for you to side with Grace because you are a Grace fan. Stop trying to make it sound so logical that Paul should be bullied.
tbh producers were just trying to make Paul look like a villain to boost ratings. That's why you guys get an impression he kept repeating about knocking others over.
And I don't see any problems with Paul knocking Kym & Donna's pots. He was standing there the whole time. It's Kym & Donna's fault that they did not notice. If Paul did knock those pots over intentionally, why didn't he get any penalty lol?
tbh Grace did not really apologize. She didn't even express any sort of sorry. All she said was "You can talk to me" lol what kind of attitude is that? You get bullied and you are expected to want to talk to that person when that person did not even apologize??
And after reading Episode 7 spoilers, I'm even more sure who the big fat villain is
100% agreed!  :tup:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2012, 09:03:53 PM »

You get bullied and you are expected to want to talk to that person when that person did not even apologize??

Please cut this bullying bullsh!t. It's not bullying, it's mucking around. If he can't see the sense of humor in it (I did) then too bad but it's not bullying, stop saying it is because it's not.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2012, 10:15:19 PM »

You get bullied and you are expected to want to talk to that person when that person did not even apologize??

Please cut this bullying bullsh!t. It's not bullying, it's mucking around. If he can't see the sense of humor in it (I did) then too bad but it's not bullying, stop saying it is because it's not.

Mucking around implies they were friends to begin with. Her intent wasn't to share a laugh with Paul, her intent was to annoy Paul- so it is most definitely not mucking around.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2012, 12:02:10 AM »

Mucking around implies they were friends to begin with. Her intent wasn't to share a laugh with Paul, her intent was to annoy Paul- so it is most definitely not mucking around.

And how exactly did you know her intent?

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2012, 12:58:02 AM »

And how exactly did you know her intent?

She stated it in a confession that was shown just prior to Paul and Steve arriving at the dock.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2012, 03:43:47 AM »

You call me biased in favour of Grace? Fine, that's probably true. But clearly you are biased in favour of Paul. So let's agree to disagree, please, :) and I will justify Grace's actions as much as I want to, because I do find them completely justifiable, regardless of whether or not I am a Grace fan. :tup:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2012, 06:51:08 AM »
Okay guys!!

Let's remember to keep the discussion focused on the SHOW and the TEAMS...and not on each other.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Feel free to go after the contestants and their actions all you want...but do NOT go after each other.

Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2012, 07:30:17 AM »
41 votes in the poll! :colors

Offline BitchBitch

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2012, 07:49:59 AM »

You call me biased in favour of Grace? Fine, that's probably true. But clearly you are biased in favour of Paul. So let's agree to disagree, please, :) and I will justify Grace's actions as much as I want to, because I do find them completely justifiable, regardless of whether or not I am a Grace fan. :tup:
I never really like Paul, or even want them to win, but I start to root for him as people keep saying BS about them
while i liked grace in the beginning, i found her become more and more irritating and immature

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2012, 08:25:14 AM »
I have a hard time siding with a woman who said "I don't like to use my brain" the way Grace did in an earlier episode, or who makes sand angels while her brother digs the car out.
This.
Of course, none of that tells us what happened while the were running, but it tells me a bit about who they are, what they think of themselves, and how they are playing the game.  My conclusion: Paul was focused on running, oblivious to the fact that his pack might hit someone, and had no real intention of knocking anyone over.  He would rather outsmart his opponents than knock them over, and the "bowl them over" remark was hyperbole.  Of course Grace was upset about getting knocked down, but because it was Paul, she wrung all the drama she could out of the situation.  She overdid it a bit at the dock as well, and it seemed to me that she was annoyed that Paul got hostile rather than flirty.
I agree. Hard to tell what happened exactly, but for all Paul's bravado and douchebag statements in comments, I can't really see how he would have done that deliberately as it served no purpose.  :duno:

I think it was mostly an unfortunate coincidence that Grace interpreted more strongly due to Paul's hostility before. Paul thought Grace was being a bully, Grace thought Paul was being rude and not receptive to her somewhat taunting/flirtatious manner. When Turkish men weren't responding to Grace with the shoe shine she got a bit testy about them too, saying they were being 'stubborn' etc. Seems like all the other girls had less issues with getting those men to shine their shoes. I think it was just a clash of personalities and an unfortunate thing that happened afterwards that got interpreted differently as a consequence.
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2012, 03:20:34 PM »
I have a hard time siding with a woman who said "I don't like to use my brain" the way Grace did in an earlier episode, or who makes sand angels while her brother digs the car out.
This.
I agree. Hard to tell what happened exactly, but for all Paul's bravado and douchebag statements in comments, I can't really see how he would have done that deliberately as it served no purpose.  :duno:

I think it was mostly an unfortunate coincidence that Grace interpreted more strongly due to Paul's hostility before. Paul thought Grace was being a bully, Grace thought Paul was being rude and not receptive to her somewhat taunting/flirtatious manner. When Turkish men weren't responding to Grace with the shoe shine she got a bit testy about them too, saying they were being 'stubborn' etc. Seems like all the other girls had less issues with getting those men to shine their shoes. I think it was just a clash of personalities and an unfortunate thing that happened afterwards that got interpreted differently as a consequence.

This. I don't think anyone was trying super hard to bully the other, they just have different approaches/personalities and it resulted in an unfortunate clash. Both overreacted.

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2012, 07:42:36 PM »
I was definitely on Paul's side on this one, as I can understand what he went through, especially with the way Grace was heckling him. And naturally, other teams would side with Grace, since she looks like the poor innocent victim.

I thought it was an accident, and not deliberate. Just unfortunate who fell and who did the "pushing".

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2012, 03:03:16 PM »
Finally caught up, and Team Grace. Thanks. Paul is egotistical and he deserved what she said :lol: but throwing his backpack was uncalled for, though I did laugh at "ARE YOU THAT THREATENED?"

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2012, 06:23:22 PM »
The thing with Paul is he's cocky and loud, but he really hasn't done anything directly to other teams (who didn't already have bad feelings toward him in the first place).  With "the shove," Paul's a very competitive guy, but not the type of person who'd actually knock another person over intentionally.

And seeing Taxigate this episode, I think I feel a lot more strongly now.  :lol:

jiajia12

« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2012, 07:33:29 AM »
I hate Grace more and more,like her in the beginning,but now she's such a spoil bitch,really you want someone out after you steal their taxis? she's so fake,Paul is cocky and stuff,I don't like him too,but he doesn't intentionally do or say anything to hurt other teams.

Hope Grace get her ass send home soon :conf: :conf: :conf:

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2012, 07:46:31 AM »
Much prefer Grace to Paul, she's a great deal more fun.  And I don't take her occasional words of wisdom as seriously as some people here do lol, I think it's pretty obvious that she is joking at times.