The Amazing Race International Versions > The Amazing Race: International Versions

TAR Ukraine LIVE Sightings, Spoilers, Show Discussion! Ep 5 up! **SPOILERS**

<< < (12/28) > >>

Best Loser:
This is a really good cast, but I'm not really a fan of the host. But more importantly, DUBS?!!?!? Why are the dubbing foreign language and not using subtitles?

Vigik:
Ukranian season of TAR started a week ago, and we can do english subtitles for that show.
Just please tell us if you are interested in that, because if you don't, it would be waste of time.

georgiapeach:
Subtitles would be great, but we know that is an enormous amount of work. We would love even just a weekly recap if subtitles are too hard??

And we are very careful to protect our episode uploaders, so if/when you do subtitle any episodes, please do NOT post it here, send me a PM and I will show you our SAFE place for them!!

:bigwelcome to RFF!

getmegone:

--- Quote from: georgiapeach on April 20, 2013, 04:49:33 PM ---Subtitles would be great, but we know that is an enormous amount of work. 
--- End quote ---
Yeah, it's a huge work because one episode lasts almost 2 hours, and so far team of translators consists of... er... 1 person (me, who's extremely busy sometimes), as well as team of editors (who consists of Vigik only). Unfortunately, no more people are interested in translating that show (so far), but we would like to try anyway. I don't know how much time it would take. Let's say we'll make subtitles for ep1 and look at amount of downloads.

--- Quote from: georgiapeach on April 20, 2013, 04:49:33 PM ---We would love even just a weekly recap if subtitles are too hard??
--- End quote ---
We can make both. xD Anyway this is a spoiler thread, so here is a recap of ep1:

- the race started in Kiev.

- According to 1st clue teams headed to United Arab Emirates. But before going to the airport, teams had to find national emblem of UAE on a big wall that was placed near the start line (sort of challenge from US version, where teams had to find numberplate or something like that), however last team to do that was not eliminated.
Vladimir and Irina completed that task 1st.
Olena and Alexei were 2nd, but then they were stopped by police on the way to airport because of going over speed limit (don't know how to say it in English. xD Frankly speaking, they just went too fast). But it didn't take much time.
Beauty Queens were 3rd.
Andrei and Irina dropped their clue and money, but fortunately they detected their loss pretty quickly and didn't lost much time.

- The box with next clue was actually not in UAE, it was in ukrainian airport (even though 1st clue said "Go to UAE"). 2nd clue said "Take a flight to Dubai".

- 8 teams were on 1st flight arriving at 7.46 pm. Anna & Roman and Father & Son had to take off later. Anna definitely had PMS because she constantly yelled at Roman.

- Then teams headed to Burj Khalifa tower, where they found the next clue.
1st: Vladimir and Irina
2nd: Queens

- Teams had to go to a huge street market where they had to find a tradesman. Tradesman had a postcard that teams needed. Teams could receive that postcard in exchange for the picture of  any local citizen wearing national clothes.
1st: Queens

- After receiving postcard from tradesman, contestants had to send it to Kiev. (Contestants don't know (but viewers do), that you can't win if you don't have all postcards on the finish line of the amazing race).

- Detour: Glass or Gold?
Glass: assemble 10 hookahs.
Gold: teams have 5 golden objects (jewelery), and they have place them in the right order (from least expensive to most).

- Father and Son forgot some of their stuff in a cab, so they had to go to police and look for taxi driver. And they found him actually, and the luggage was brought back. They were on the last place in the middle of the leg.

- Ranking after detour:
 1st Alla and Alexandra
 2nd Vladimir and Irina  (both teams chose Gold)
 3rd Andrey and Irina (Glass)

- Then teams went to aqua-park, where they had to slide down in the chute (don't know if it's the right word. I mean the big plastic thing for sliding down in the water).
1st: Andrey and Irina
2st: Anna and Roman

- Roadblock. Teams had to go to a desert and have a ride on buggies. Yeah, not a new challenge. Many teams stuck in the sand and had to dig out their buggies. And it were Ihor and Vasil who did that faster. Vladimir and Irina struggled hard and decided to quit that challenge taking a penalty.
1st: Ihor and Vasil (sportsmen)
2nd: Queens

- Finish line. Nothing special.
Results of the 1st leg:

1. Sportsmen (Ihor and Vasil)
2. Beauty Queens (Valeria and Bohdana)
3. Alla and Alexandra (mom and daughter)
4. Anna and Roman (PMS-team)
5. Andrey and Irina
6. Natalie and Tetjana
7. Alexander and Vladimir (doctors)
8. Constantine and Jacob (father and son)
9. Alexey and Olena
10. Irina and Vladimir - ELIMINATED. That was sad as they did great during the leg.

(p.s. I didn't know which kind of information you are interested in, so just let me know if you need more).
(p.s.2 next recap will be ready within next 12 hours).

getmegone:
p.s.3
I know some screenshots would be appreciated, but they all are too big and I can't upload it here because of limits.
I'll try to make smaller ones next time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version