Author Topic: Edited Tasks  (Read 5989 times)

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
Edited Tasks
« on: June 25, 2012, 09:36:46 PM »
Seems we've had so many at this point they deserve their own thread. What do we know's missing so far?

• A task in Manila, before the balut, probably a Road Block - nobody's shown reading what to do upon landing in Manila, and the twins were worried about even making the last bus, but they arrived at 6:30 or whatever it was, and there's no way on earth it took them close to SEVEN HOURS to do the balut
  • Delhi Road Block, after the Bollywood task - nobody's actually shown reading the Pit Stop clue, it's all cuts to the clue itself and obvious splicing
  • Jaipur Detour, at the Red Elephant Temple - James & Sarah seen reading the clue in a commercial, probably the hot coals/bed of nails task from Norway's race
  • Dubai Road Block, after the wave machine task - the cops are shown holding the red clue

Anything else? Any more spec as to what the tasks were?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 09:46:41 PM by tarflyonthewall »

Offline aj_0852

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Spoilers are Shelves of Future
Re: Edited Tasks
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 01:08:38 AM »
From Wikipedia

Leg 3 (India): There was an unaired Detour at the Red Elephant Temple, as Sarah was shown holding a Detour clue outside the temple in promotional material.

Leg 4 (Dubai): There was an unaired Roadblock during the Leg, as Shane was clearly seen holding a Roadblock clue at the Wild Wadi Water Park. The objective is unknown.

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 11:04:09 PM »

Leg 3 (India): There was an unaired Detour at the Red Elephant Temple, as Sarah was shown holding a Detour clue outside the temple in promotional material.

This actually raises a few questions because leg 3 was the one with two roadblocks but not the two roadblock rule
The most farfetched way i can think to explain this is either that this was a double length leg and both detours and midpoint were edited out
OR the car driving and cart driving were the two sides of the detour and all teams were u-turned or all teams failed the car and switched to the cart
both seem unlikely to their own extent

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 01:40:22 PM »

This actually raises a few questions because leg 3 was the one with two roadblocks but not the two roadblock rule
The most farfetched way i can think to explain this is either that this was a double length leg and both detours and midpoint were edited out
OR the car driving and cart driving were the two sides of the detour and all teams were u-turned or all teams failed the car and switched to the cart

All teams were u-turned? Can you imagine the disaster that would be?  :lol3:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 02:17:37 PM »
Dave & Kelly and Kym & Donna both laughed at the U-Turn Board at some point – at the U-turned team of course.

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 11:31:35 PM »

All teams were u-turned? Can you imagine the disaster that would be?  :lol3:
I did used to imagine it! Teams racing through a detour and arriving to the uturn only to see the entire cast photo on the board effectively uturning everyone courtesy of the host ^^

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 11:19:15 PM »

My understanding is the producers were banking on being allowed ninety-minute episodes this year like they were last year. The Detour would have filled the extra time.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 12:00:45 AM »
If someone has the time, could you see how much the placements changed where the edited tasks would have been? I'm just curious if there's any unexplained jumps or falls in positions.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 12:04:10 AM »
If someone has the time, could you see how much the placements changed where the edited tasks would have been? I'm just curious if there's any unexplained jumps or falls in positions.

Usually one of the reasons they edit it out is because it effects nothing.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 02:34:07 AM »
Paul/Steve and the cops rose three positions from Bollywood to the Pit Stop without explanation, and Lucy/Emilia dropped FOUR.

No major changes for the Jaipur Detour (not surprising) and the Dubai Road Block (aside from Kym/Donna, who got lost on their way THERE, not to the racecourse). Can't tell for the possible Manila Road Block because they went straight from flight to balut in the episode.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 03:20:24 AM »
Bringing an unaired task back up

As tarfly said, no teams were shown reading the Pit Stop clue in Leg 2, so we're guessing there was a RB after it

Now I do remember Ross & Tarryn and Adam & Dane trying to get a train to the Pit Stop, and after rewatching the episode, they were trying to get a train from OLD DELHI RAILWAY STATION

Now if you look at the distance from the Bollywood task to Old Delhi, you will wonder why the hell those teams went FURTHER AWAY from the Pit Stop to get to the Pit Stop. My best guess is that the RB was somewhere in Old Delhi

Joseph & Grace and Lucy & Emilia were also shown running around looking for a auto-rickshaw to take them to the Pit Stop. They were definitely running around Old Delhi, I recognised it straight away

This could also explain Shane and Andrew going from last at the Bollywood task to 7th at the Pit Stop.

After re-thinking it, there was probably a RB in Old Delhi, which was probably some pointless task the editors thought they would cut out