Author Topic: TAR 21 Media  (Read 47286 times)

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 21 Media
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2012, 12:05:29 AM »
SEASON FINALE DATES ANNOUNCED FOR “THE AMAZING RACE” AND “SURVIVOR: PHILIPPINES” THIS JUST IN…

The 21st Installment of the Nine-Time Emmy Award-Winning Series “The Amazing Race” Crosses the Finish Line with a Two-Hour Season Finale on Sunday, Dec. 9     

“Survivor: Philippines” Concludes the 25th Installment of the Series on Sunday, Dec. 16 with a Special Two-Hour Season Finale Followed by the Live One-Hour Reunion Show

The final four teams of the nine-time Emmy Award-winning series THE AMAZING RACE sprint to the final leg of the 21st season during a special two-hour season finale on Sunday, Dec. 9 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.

On Sunday, Dec. 16, the 25th Sole Survivor will be crowned during the SURVIVOR: PHILIPPINES two-hour season finale (8:30-10:30 PM, ET/7:30-9:30 PM, CT /8:00-10:00 PM, PT), followed by the Live Reunion Show (10:30-11:30 PM, ET/9:30-10:30 PM, CT/10:00-11:00 PM, PT) hosted by Emmy Award-winning host Jeff Probst.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/survivor/survivor-and-the-amazing-race-48306.aspx

'Survivor: Philippines' and 'The Amazing Race' Finale Dates Announced
Monday, November 05, 2012
Jeff Dodge

Today looks to be CBS' day for announcements. The network has announced the fall finale dates for the current seasons of Survivor: Philippines and The Amazing Race. This comes on the heels of the news earlier today that their hit freshman drama Elementary will air a new episode following the 2013 Super Bowl.

CBS has set the finale of The Amazing Race season 21 for Sunday, December 9. It'll be a two hour finish from 8-10pm, with four teams starting out at the top of the episode. It is assumed that, by the end of the first hour, one team will be eliminated, then the remaining three teams will compete for the $1 million grand prize in the second hour.

A show that knows what it's like to air after the big game, Survivor season 25, currently in the Philippines, will air its season finale on Sunday, December 16, from 8-10pm. The usual one-hour live reunion special will immediately follow at 10pm.

Keep in mind, though, that December 16 is one of the dates where CBS has already scheduled a 30 minute delay in its entire primetime lineup for those watching on the East Coast. For viewers there, the finale will begin at 8:30pm, with the reunion at 10:30pm. That is, unless that day's game gets delayed even further, as we've seen on some recent Sunday nights.

But before we get to the finales, you can catch The Amazing Race every Sunday and Survivor every Thursday, both at 8pm on CBS.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2012, 12:45:40 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ugh i hate two hour finales

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2012, 02:09:09 PM »
The article just above by Jeff Dodge has an obvious mistake in stating that the Amazing Race is telecast starting at 8pm EST. With the timing of Amazing Race starting at 830pm for all CBS doubleheader games, approximately half of the telecasts will start at 830pm (or later) and half at 8pm.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2012, 03:13:41 PM »
apskip, the 8:30 start time is only for the east coast feed. I have no idea where that writer is, but if he's on the west coast, then he might not realize the coastal split to the start time this season.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2012, 06:06:03 AM »
From TVGuide ;D

Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2012, 05:58:59 PM »
Episode 8 title

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2012, 12:21:13 AM »
Phil is STILL saying a new country and Africa? :lol: Pssst. Mallorca is part of Spain.

SUE YEAP, The West Australian
Updated November 12, 2012, 11:30 am
Let the race begin

As host of the high-stakes reality series The Amazing Race, Phil Keoghan has seen more of the world than most viewers ever will and has a box of about 20 used passports to show for it.

In 21 seasons of globetrotting Keoghan has witnessed bickering contestants, havoc caused by late or missed flights, pandemonium erupting from taxi drivers getting lost and the tears of those eliminated for arriving last on the mat.

But there's one thing Keoghan would like to see again and it's cheese. The season 14 challenge where 90kg rounds of Swiss cheese rolled out of control towards people and houses has been a viewer and YouTube hit, so a reprise in a future season is not out of the question, especially with another old favourite returning this season.

"We will be getting to Moscow, a country in Africa, another new country in Europe," says Keoghan of the remaining destinations for season 21, which has already seen teams pass through China, Indonesia and Bangladesh, with action due to move to Turkey in tonight's fast-tracked episode.

"I can tell you this season we will be revisiting a country in Europe and having a switchback of a popular European challenge of the past. It's definitely going to make a lot of people happy.

"With regards to the cheese; it is not actually the cheese but absolutely we have to get back at some point and do the cheese because that is up there in the top five. That is definitely an all-time favourite."

The stakes are higher than ever this season with the $1 million first prize set to double if the team that won the first leg, Abbie and Ryan, also win the last leg.

Another team everyone is talking about this season are Sri Lankan twins Natalie an Nadiya. "They finish each other's sentence, they are hysterical, they drive some of the other teams crazy," Keoghan says.

"They are one of those teams that really polarise the audience; people either absolutely love them or they get driven crazy by them because of the way they keep saying 'twinnies' all the time and finishing each other's sentences."

Contestants in The Amazing Race are tested by a range of physical and mental challenges from rappelling down a Pasadena bridge and eating the Chinese delicacy hasma (the fatty tissue found near frog fallopian tubes) in the season opener, to the rat catching assignment in Bangladesh.

Is there anything Keoghan wouldn't or couldn't do if challenged? "For me personally there is nothing there I wouldn't do; there are lots of things I'd prefer not to do," he says. "I am not a fan of eating weird crazy food. So I wouldn't choose to eat frogs' fallopian tubes. That said, if you told me I had a chance to win $1 million if I ate something I could probably muster up the energy to do it.

"That's one thing I like about Race is we tend to focus on food people actually do eat, we don't just have people eating things for the sake of eating, they are eating delicacies from a particular place."

Another thing Keoghan loves about the show is it is filmed in the real world with limited control of how events unfold.

"When they randomly come into contact with a taxi driver, suddenly that taxi driver is in a way dictating what the content is," he says. "This guy is suddenly a part of our creative process and out of that come these crazy cab rides where people have quite literally lost $1 million."

The Amazing Race picked up another Emmy award this year for outstanding reality program and Keoghan is ready to pack his bags to have season 22 filmed by the end of the year. After that, it's a well-deserved break with his family back in his native New Zealand for Christmas.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/entertainment/a/-/entertainment/15358522/let-the-race-begin/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2012, 04:51:19 AM »
Episode 9 title

Offline Ikurriña

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2012, 05:48:45 AM »
Episode 9 title quote is: "Fishy Kiss"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_21

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2012, 04:01:35 PM »
Hinting at the eel roadblock?

Looks like.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2012, 04:21:00 PM »
Funny, I would have gone with canal jumping a zillion times over. Eels...yuck.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2012, 03:04:37 PM »
When I checked my cable program listings for December 9th, TAR 21's finale is listed, but the program description neither gives any city nor an episode title.
-- theschnauzers

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2012, 04:38:47 AM »
Episode 10 title

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2012, 12:55:58 PM »
'The Amazing Race' finale: Host Phil Keoghan promises 'insane, terrifying, all out-sprint to the finish line'By Drusilla Moorhouse

December 7, 2012 9:00 AM ET

(CBS)Season 21 of "The Amazing Race" is coming to a close on Sunday (Dec. 9), and host Phil Keoghan promises a wild finale.

"The finale is an all-out sprint to the finish line!" Keoghan tells Zap2it. "It's pretty insane. We have a terrifying Houdini-inspired Roadblock in New York, where teams are hanging 15 stories above the Brooklyn Navy Yard...and much more.

"But it's not so much about the challenges that the teams will encounter in the final leg as it is about the mental stress that they have to endure. In the previous legs, the only thing they needed to worry about was not coming in last. Now, it's imperative that they come in first. No room for error."

But often in "TAR," teams have no control over the game -- such as the travel mishaps experienced by Abbie and Ryan, who were on track to be the Race's first $2 million winners.

"I always feel bad for any team that has back luck or makes disastrous decisions," admits Keoghan, "but I also get excited about what the unpredictable elements of the Race provides in terms of entertainment. Every good story has to have an adversary, a struggle and emotional highs and lows."

It's been a roller-coaster ride for all the finalists. Here's how Keoghan compares his initial impressions of the teams versus how they performed in the Race:

Trey and Lexi: "I initially predicted that they would suffer from their lack of travel experience, but there's no doubt they have exceeded everyone's expectations, and perhaps even their own. Whatever happens they should be very proud of their accomplishments. They have an extremely strong relationship and are clearly a perfect match."

Jaymes and James: "I thought they would underestimate just how challenging this Race would be. They prove that you really cannot judge a book by its cover. They made racing fun and I think they've picked up some new Chippendale fans along the way."

Josh and Brent: "I really misjudged the willpower of these two and I have a feeling many other people have in the past. They have an inner strength that they have shown in the most challenging circumstances. When I saw Brent collapse on the mat in Bangladesh, I was almost certain their Race was over.

Natalie and Nadiya: My initial impression matched how they performed in this Race...Loud."

Preach. Does anyone else mute their segments? (Give it a try Sunday. Your neighbors might thank you.)

Finally, we asked Keoghan what surprised him most about this season.

"With all due respect, I did not think that the Beekmans would be in the finale," he admitted. "I thought my predictions were right during their breakdown in Bangladesh ... as well as their overall performance having not won a single leg.

"That said, they have beat out some very strong teams," Keoghan notes, "and as always on 'The Amazing Race' ... anything can happen."

Which team are you rooting for to win the million-dollar prize?

The two-hour "Amazing Race" finale airs Sunday at 8 p.m. on CBS.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/12/the-amazing-race-finale-host-phil-keoghan-promises-insane-terrifying-all-out-sprint-to-the-finish-li.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2012, 03:32:18 PM »
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/dLsXoBnLjgjbGSZnCLbg4ASXTwQu9Na_/the-amazing-race-phil-keoghan-interview

The Amazing Race - Phil Keoghan Interview
Andrew Freund catches up with Host, Phil Keoghan, on the blue carpet, as the stars of CBS get together to celebrate the new Fall season. Watch The Amazing Race this Fall, Sundays at 8/7c. Only CBS!
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!