Author Topic: TAR 21 Media  (Read 47659 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 21 Media
« on: May 17, 2012, 10:06:35 AM »
This is the place to add any TAR 21 media, news, articles, or press releases!

Please to remember to credit the source by providing the link to the media!  :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 21 Media
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 11:06:46 AM »
Press Tidbits:

Phil on The View July 9, 2012:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/noXfoYOM0j4?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/noXfoYOM0j4?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:03:47 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Bluesky

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 09:51:47 PM »
..... dateline July 4th, 2012 .....

A spokesperson for The Amazing Race today celebrated the fact that at long last, they had been able to film an entire season without once being spotted by the intrepid and dedicated folk at RFF.

"They just never expected we would select mythological places," she said. "They just assumed we would only travel to places shown on ordinary globes and atlases."

She revealed that the first destination had been El Dorado, and that the final three contestants had battled it out in Utopia. In between the racers visited Atlantis, Camelot, Thule, Asgard, Hyperboria, Shangri-La, Lemuria, and Hawaiki.

"We think the racers were absolutely thrilled with the destinations this season," she went on to say. "Most had never even dreamed they would be able to visit these locations."

She added that avoiding airlines and airports also helped the race stay unnoticed. "This season we traveled by means such as hot air balloon, jet pack, hoverboard, transporter and yellow submarine."

She refused to reveal plans for the upcoming TAR22, saying only that "some places haven't been visited for a long time" while  glancing skyward.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 10:12:14 PM »
Love it!! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 10:19:52 PM »

A spokesperson for The Amazing Race today celebrated the fact that at long last, they had been able to film an entire season without once being spotted by the intrepid and dedicated folk at RFF.

"They just never expected we would select mythological places," she said. "They just assumed we would only travel to places shown on ordinary globes and atlases."

She revealed that the first destination had been El Dorado, and that the final three contestants had battled it out in Utopia. In between the racers visited Atlantis, Camelot, Thule, Asgard, Hyperboria, Shangri-La, Lemuria, and Hawaiki.

"We think the racers were absolutely thrilled with the destinations this season," she went on to say. "Most had never even dreamed they would be able to visit these locations."

She added that avoiding airlines and airports also helped the race stay unnoticed. "This season we traveled by means such as hot air balloon, jet pack, hoverboard, transporter and yellow submarine."

She refused to reveal plans for the upcoming TAR22, saying only that "some places haven't been visited for a long time" while  glancing skyward.

hmmm... let's analyze what the spokesperson said it on those "mythological places" as a possible countries that will visit for TAR 21 as what I'd highlighted it as a bold letters:

El Dorado = Colombia (the con side: high crime rates and problems on FARC rebels)
Atlantis = Bermuda
Camelot = England (but I think they'd been there before)
Utopia = unknown, and it's just a political ideology coined by Saint Thomas More
Thule = Greenland or somewhere in Scandinavian countries
Hyperboria and Asgard = somewhere in Scandinavian countries
Shangri-La = Tibet, China (the con side: uncertain political issue on that region)
Lemuria = some countries within the Indian Ocean like Madagascar, Maldives, Comoros Is., etc.
Hawaiki = New Zealand

And there you have it, and I think that the travel direction for TAR 21 will start in Europe and ends in South America. :tup:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 10:24:02 PM by topaz »

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 05:47:37 AM »
 :groan:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 07:34:13 AM »

hmmm... let's analyze what the spokesperson said it on those "mythological places" as a possible countries that will visit for TAR 21 as what I'd highlighted it as a bold letters:

El Dorado = Colombia (the con side: high crime rates and problems on FARC rebels)
Atlantis = Bermuda
Camelot = England (but I think they'd been there before)
Utopia = unknown, and it's just a political ideology coined by Saint Thomas More
Thule = Greenland or somewhere in Scandinavian countries
Hyperboria and Asgard = somewhere in Scandinavian countries
Shangri-La = Tibet, China (the con side: uncertain political issue on that region)
Lemuria = some countries within the Indian Ocean like Madagascar, Maldives, Comoros Is., etc.
Hawaiki = New Zealand

And there you have it, and I think that the travel direction for TAR 21 will start in Europe and ends in South America. :tup:

I am pretty sure that Bluesky just meant it as a catchy story, not a work of fact. If it were fact, then the location of Atlantis has been speculated in the middle of the northern hemisphere Atlantic Ocean (but not so far west as Bermuda), in the vicinity of the Azores or the Greek island of Thera.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 04:51:14 PM »
 :ascared  Not directly TAR related news, but rather perpetuates the TAR Curse theory....

6.1 magnitude quake hits Indonesia's Java island June 4, 2012

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 07:05:35 AM »
Any specific press info for TAR 21 from production is being added in post 2! :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline AmazingRaceAsiaFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • die hard TAR Asia Fan!
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 12:17:10 PM »
BREAKING NEWS! live from the official Amazing Race Twitter feed!

@AmazingRace_CBS Big ‪#AmazingRace‬ premiere news! The 21st season will premiere on Sunday, September 30 at 8/7c only on @CBS! http://bit.ly/OxQviZ

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 11:03:03 AM »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 06:16:21 PM »
Thanks for the news ARAF and Boingo! I haven't been keeping up to date with the news.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 04:04:09 PM »
Amazing Race doubles its prize to $2 million; teams identified, including reality stars, Chippendales dancers

by Andy Dehnart August 20, 2012

The Amazing Race 21’s teams will be competing for a prize that has doubled to $2 million for the winning team. Those teams, and the cities they visited during filming earlier this summer, have also been identified, though not yet confirmed by CBS.

The increase in the prize money, revealed in the preview below that CBS released late last week, is inexplicable to me. Why would an aging series that has already been creatively weak over the past few years (more pre-planned travel between legs, shorter legs, fewer opportunities for things to go awry, et cetera) spend more money on the prize, of all things? Sure, the $1 million prize hasn’t increased in the past decade, and since each team member wins $500,000, this technically brings the show up to the level of Survivor instead of Big Brother. But changing the prize money isn’t going to draw new viewers. Perhaps it’ll generate a few headlines, but is that worth $1 million?

I’m curious if Survivor Philippines will also get an increase, or if the prize here is something different than cash, such as an annuity, like America’s Got Talent’s prize.

Meanwhile, as usual, the wonderfully obsessed stalkers at Reality Fan Forum have again tracked this season, which filmed from the end of May until mid-June. All of their location and other spoilers are in one post, and the 11 teams have also been identified. (By the way, the last time I referred to the RFF posters as “stalkers,” some humorless people thought I was criticizing them, instead of being impressed by their talents, because those humorless people are humorless and also don’t understand that tracing people’s steps around the world from one’s computer is pretty much stalking.)

Anyway, the teams include reality stars, though not Russell Hantz and Dick Donato, thankfully. Instead, it’s The Fabulous Beekman Boys, Brent Ridge and Josh Kilmer-Purcell (their show aired two seasons on Planet Green, and will air its third on Cooking Channel).

Also on this season, according to the site: Megadeth and White Lion bassist James LoMenzo and his manager, two Chippendales dancers, and two married monster truck drivers.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_amazing_race_21/2012_Aug_20_increased-prize-teams-route

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 04:35:00 PM by georgiapeach »
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 04:13:41 PM »
Wisconsin man on new season of 'The Amazing Race'

Josh Kilmer-Purcell, one of "The Fabulous Beekman Boys," about two gay men who leave New York City to become farmers, will be a contestant on the 21st season season of CBS' "The Amazing Race," according to the reality show website Reality Blurred.

Purcell, raised in Oconomowoc, will race with his partner Brent Ridge. The pair are authors of "The Beekman 1802 Heirloom Cookbook."

The new season of "The Amazing Race" premieres on Sept. 30.

A Madison couple - Dave and Rachel Brown - were winners of last season's competition in which multiple teams of two race around the world completing, often arduous, tasks.

This year "The Amazing Race" has doubled its prize money, to $2 million.

Kilmer-Purcell is the author of several books including the best seller "I Am Not Myself These Days," about his life in the advertising industry by day and as a drag queen at night.

"The Fabulous Beekman Boys" was shown on the Planet Green cable channel for two seasons, before moving to The Cooking Channel. According to Reality Blurred, the other contestants on the "Amazing Race" include the bassist for Megadeth and White Lion and his manager, two Chippendales dancers, and two married monster truck drivers.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/entertainment/166757476.html

Fabulous Beekman Boys to compete on 'Amazing Race'
Brent Ridge and Josh Kilmer-Purcell will be one of 11 teams vying to win $2M on CBS' reality series.

While we know the Cooking Channel is moving ahead with plans to re-air both seasons of "The Fabulous Beekman Boys" (and hopefully greenlight a third), rumor has it that you'll have a new way to catch our favorite gay farming duo this fall.

According to Reality Blurred, Brent Ridge and Josh Kilmer-Purcell will join 10 other teams in competing to win $2M on CBS's reality series "The Amazing Race." For those not familiar with the show (now on it's 21st season), teams race around the world (and against the clock) while completing a series of tasks and stunts in the process. It's heavy on the stress - which, for anyone that's ever watched "Beekman", generally brings out the more hilarious moments between Kilmer-Purcell and Ridge.

As the 21st season filmed from the end of May until mid-June, for all we know Brent and Josh could be sitting on a cool $2M. So far, there are now outward signs on the Beekman farm that anything's changed - though the boys did just add a nice, shiny new roof to their massive barn.

Look for something official from CBS soon. "The Amazing Race" premieres on September 30th.

http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-culture/blogs/fabulous-beekman-boys-to-compete-on-amazing-race
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 06:25:34 PM »
I definitely don't mind being called a stalker :)

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 06:29:51 PM »

Me neither.  :lol:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2012, 09:45:46 PM »
Heee, I told Andy we are proud to be TAR "stalkers"!! Cause we are nicest kind, of course!!

AND...we have a sense of humor!! :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2012, 10:35:50 PM »
One point I would make as a counterpoint to Andy Denhart's criticism of the last few seasons is that actually, the producers have been bringing back more of those elements of the early seasons that made TAR such a challenge physically and mentally, for the Racers. Yes, TPTB have worked to minimize teams falling a day behind, but teams in these last few seasons have shown that learning to be consistent and not making mistakes is the surest way to win, which is one way to explain the number of recent seasons where the final three teams have often been the most consistent teams in those seasons. And that a stupid mistake can get you eliminated even if you are otherwise consistently good.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 07:01:45 PM »
I'm not sure where to put this story and I suspect it's more likely about might have happened in TAR 22 or TAR 23 than what might have happened in TAR 21, but I'll put it here. I found a story that appeared in a newspaper yesterday from Prince Edward Island in Canada. In it, it talks about the Prince Edward Island tourism board having negotiations with American television networks about bringing shows to Prince Edward Island. CBS apparently offered to bring 3 shows there, but wanted too much of a subsidy to cover the extra production costs. The Prince Edward Island tourism board turned it down as costing too much for the benefit it would provide.

Tourism P.E.I. turns down U.S. network's pitches

This may put to rest speculation the CBS show The Amazing Race may be coming to P.E.I., tourism officials say

P.E.I. tourism officials met with four major U.S. television networks in New York earlier this year, but turned down pitches from CBS due to their high costs.

Tourism Deputy Minister David MacKenzie and Tourism P.E.I. Marketing Director Brenda Gallant traveled to New York City in February to meet with NBC and the Golf Channel and negotiate media ad buys during optimal air times.

While in town, they also met with ABC and CBS.

In an interview with The Guardian, Gallant said CBS pitched three proposals for television shows to travel to P.E.I., similar to Live with Regis and Kelly when it filmed episodes of their show in P.E.I.

Gallant would not say what TV shows specifically were pitched by CBS, but would only say they were too expensive compared to the returns they could provide.

"If the amount is too high for the value that we see, we just don't proceed with it, but we do want to keep the doors open because we are very fortunate to have these major networks who are willing to work with us," Gallant said.

This may put to rest speculation the CBS show The Amazing Race may be coming to P.E.I.

There's more, but that's the main portion that relates to a possible visit of TAR to Prince Edward Island.

http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/News/Local/2012-08-21/article-3057760/Tourism-P.E.I.-turns-down-U.S.-networks-pitches/1?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 07:10:54 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 07:05:24 PM »

Me neither.  :lol:

If they call me a stalker, I figure I'm doing a good job.  :tup:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2012, 11:24:45 PM »
The Talk:  Guest Lisa Kudrow ; Phil Keoghan on Aug 24. check this video.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5h2NmBPXRXM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5h2NmBPXRXM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

ABACA Hosts 3 Stage Race

Antigua St. John’s - The Antigua & Barbuda Cycling Association (ABACA) resumed its race calendar with the staging of the ABACA 3 Stage Race last Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday’s stages covered 1 and 2, a 5 mile Individual Time Trial and a 30 mile Circuit Race and Sunday morning the staging of the 3rd and final stage – 45 mile Road race.

Robert Marsh won the first stage to earn the Yellow Jersey, producing a time slightly above the 8 minute mark, winning at 9:01, and 9 seconds over his closest rival, Jyme Bridges who was 2nd in a time of 9:10. Andre Simon placed 3rd in a 9:11. Garfield Henry was 4th in a time of 9:25 over Marvin Spencer who was 5th in a time of 9:30 as the top 5 of the A-Class.

Phil, his Father and his brother.

Antigua St. John's - Ashley Rhodes was the best of the B-Class producing a time of 9:45 ahead of St. Claire Williams who placed 2nd in a time of 10:26 and Mervin Gore all of the ESR Cycling Club with the 3rd best time of 10:27.

Tamiko Butler was 4th in a time of 10:28. Lindsay Duffy completed the female course in a time of 11:44. Joel Phillip won the Cadets class with a time of 11:28.

Race leader, Marsh started the 2nd Stage leading by 9 seconds, to defend his lead he cannot be beaten by more than 9 seconds by Bridges if he wants to keep the Yellow Jersey. However, Team Terminix’ Spencer was more determined to take the lead into the final stage.

Spencer made a late move to break away and lead the 2nd stage where he joined Neil Lloyd who was leading the race. The two managed to keep the lead to cross the line in 1 -2 fashion, complementing each other for the cooperation on the stage victory.

Spencer won the 30-mile stage in a time of 1:21.15 slightly ahead of FDICIC sponsored Lloyd who also recorded the same time of 1:21.15.

Bridges was 3rd slightly ahead of the field recording a time of 1:22.22. Simon was 4th ahead of the race leader Marsh who placed 5th in time of 1:22.28. The newly formed ESR cycling club top rider, Marsh loses the general classification lead to Spencer who earned the Yellow Jersey with 48 seconds on his closest rival.

Rhodes retained his lead at the end of the 2nd stage when he won the stage. Rhodes completes the 24-mile course in a time of 1:05.58. Tesheed Gordon was 2nd to move up in the general classification as well as Butler who placed 3rd. Edward Henry and St Claire Williams was 4th and 5th respectively. Duffy completed the 12-mile female course in a time of 37:40. Joel Phillip maintained his lead in the Cadet category to easily win the 2nd stage over Nigel Fabian whilst Conroy Thomas kept his lead over Dexter Simmons in the Sports Class.

The 48-mile 3rd Stage was filled with excitement from competitive nature and race leader, Spencer had to pull out all his stops to defend the Yellow Jersey against Lloyd started the stage in 2nd overall, with Bridges, Marsh and Simon following. Several attempts were made to dethrone the race leader but Spencer was too strong for the favourites to beat him by any margin to take off the time he had on them.

However, Lloyd lost his 2nd position after 30 miles into the race, creating a jostling for the 2nd spot. Simon broke away from the small group of race leaders to lead and win the 3rd and final stage. Simon completed the course in a time of 2:09.32 followed by Godfrey Pollydore and Bridges, respectively. Spencer and Marsh were 4th and 5th in time of 2:09.36.

Spencer of Team Terminix maintained his lead to win the ABACA 3 Stage Race in the best time of 3 hours 40 seconds. 27. Bridges took 2nd place at a total time of 3:41.07 and Marsh 3rd in a time of 3:41.10.

Tesheed Gordon of the Rattlers Club overtook Ashley Rhodes of ESR in the final stage to win the B-Class. Gordon won the B-Class in an overall time of 3:28.32, Rhodes placed 2nd in a total time of 3:28.44 and Butler was 3rd in a time of 3:30.35. Duffy completed the three stages in a total time of 2:07.16. Joel Phillip won the Cadet Class over Nigel Fabian whilst Conroy Thomas beat Dexter Simmons in the Sports Class.

The Antigua & Barbuda Cycling Association’s event was graced with the presence of celebrity movie and TV show superstar, Phil Keoghan.

Keoghan, on vacation with his family, participated in Sunday’s event and placed 10th in the 45-miler gaining fame and on the island where he started his love for the sport when he was living in Antigua as child.

He also donated cycling jerseys to the association to be extended to the registered beginner riders of the association.

Philip John "Phil" Keoghan is a New Zealand-born television personality, best known for hosting the U.S. version of The Amazing Race on CBS, since its 2001 debut.

Read more: http://www.caribarena.com/antigua/sport/more-sports/101397-abaca-hosts-3-stage-race.html#ixzz24Qze7DXD

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2012, 11:27:06 PM »
^^It is a re-run I think.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2012, 04:12:55 PM »
^^It is a re-run I think.

Ahh, I thought it's new run. Anyway. Thanks.

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 12:10:09 PM »
CBS ANNOUNCES THE CAST FOR THE 21ST INSTALLMENT OF THE EIGHT-TIME EMMY AWARD-WINNING SERIES “THE AMAZING RACE”

This Season’s Cast Includes a Heavy Metal Rocker, a Double Amputee Professional Snowboarder, a World Champion Lumberjack, “The Fabulous Beekman Boys” and Chippendales Dancers

In a Series First, This Season’s Teams Have the Opportunity to Win the Largest Grand Prize Ever, $2 Million Dollars

CHEAT TWEET: The #AmazingRace returns 9/30 w/ Chippendales dancers, a heavy metal rocker, a double amputee, & the biggest twist ever http://bit.ly/TtFnpM

CBS announced today the 11 teams that will travel the world on a global adventure for the new season of THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Sept. 30 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan is the host.

THE AMAZING RACE has won the Emmy Award for “Outstanding Reality-Competition Program” eight times in the past nine years.

This season, which marks the 21st race around the world for the series, will introduce a new twist to the game that will raise the stakes for the entire season. If the Team that wins the first leg of the season can outrace the other 10 Teams and win the final leg of the Race, they will double their money and win a $2 million grand prize instead of $1 million.

Teams will travel through three continents, nine countries and cover more than 25,000 miles, where they’ll be faced with a 10-story rappel in Los Angeles, frying an egg on their heads in Indonesia, working as “rat collectors” in Bangladesh and revisiting one of the Race’s most infamous Roadblocks in the Netherlands in this season’s “Switchback.”

This season’s cast includes a pair of Chippendales dancers, married monster truckers, a world champion lumberjack, a double amputee professional snowboarder and Josh Kilmer-Purcell and Brent Ridge (“The Fabulous Beekman Boys”).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2012, 11:56:22 AM »
Emmys 2012: The 'Amazing Race' Creator Feared Cancellation Until Their First Win
9:13 AM PDT 9/12/2012 by Michael O'Connell

"The Amazing Race""No matter how many miles anybody has traveled, Bert will say he's traveled more," host Phil Keoghan, who's circumnavigated the globe at least 21 times, says of boss and E.P. Bertram van Munster.
This story first appeared in the Sept. 21 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.

CBS' globe-trotting alternative to traditional unscripted fare -- where teams of two compete in challenges in a race toward an exotic finish line -- has taken the outstanding reality competition prize eight of nine times since the category was introduced in 2003. It's a feat many attribute to the series' more classy approach to an often muddy genre.

"It's a family show," says executive producer Jerry Bruckheimer. "You can watch it with your 5-year-old and your grandparents."

Jonathan Littman, Bruckheimer's production partner, remembers how easy it was to sell the idea of their costly show. "CBS got it right away," he recalls. "Staying on the air was more of a challenge. We went cycle to cycle for a few years. That first Emmy made us harder to cancel."

Despite the accolades and consistent ratings (including a 3.3 average among adults 18-to-49 last season), series co-creators and spouses Elise Doganieri and Bertram van Munster were unsure about the show's future. "I didn't quit my job until the second season," says Doganieri, who came from advertising.

Now she and van Munster have circumnavigated the globe during each of the show's 21 cycles. "But no matter how many miles anybody has traveled, Bert will say he's traveled more," says Phil Keoghan, who received his fourth Emmy nomination as host this year.

It's a bragging right that also can sound exhausting. Keoghan once was stuck in a Ukrainian detention facility until the U.S. ambassador -- a fan of the show -- had him sprung. All this is a far cry from Hollywood, and that's one of the reasons the Amazing Race team believes the show is still on the air. "You can put new faces on a soundstage, but you're ultimately looking at the same thing," says Keoghan.

"On Amazing Race, you never see anything twice." With 11 international iterations (including The Amazing Race Philippines), the series has a far-flung group of dedicated alums. "When we get the Emmy, we get texts from people around the world," says van Munster. "People in Africa, Russia and Asia all say, 'We won!' "

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/emmys-2012-the-amazing-race-creator-bertram-van-munster-369687
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2012, 09:05:59 PM »
Phil on the TALK...with some surprise guests!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8CJncAHza_E?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8CJncAHza_E?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2012, 09:17:19 PM »
Phil on the TALK...with some surprise guests!
I'm geographically challenged  :'(  :'(  :'(

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2012, 10:51:47 PM »
That was pretty good.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2012, 07:53:29 PM »
TAR takes home Emmy #9!!! Congratulations to the team!!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2012, 07:55:48 PM »
:wohoo: THE AMAZING RACE WINs! :wohoo:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2012, 08:09:19 PM »
Damn. Phil got robbed!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2012, 07:04:37 PM »

I agree, this was great and well deserved but not everyone agrees with us.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
The Emmys were horrendous...the absolute worst show!

"Amazing Race" winning an Emmy again is a total joke. The Emmys have no credibility--no wonder the ratings are at record lows.

The Emmys are all politics, that's why, despite nominations, The Apprentice never won--even though it should have many times over.

Well, maybe he's a bit biased.  :crybabe:

Here's another opinion:

Survivor Shannon E ™ ‏@survivorshannon
How does the amazing race win an Emmy? The show sucks!

Tim Gross ‏@theexTIMinator
@survivorshannon are you kidding Shannon? Its the 2nd best show on TV. Right behind Survivor

Survivor Shannon E ™ Survivor Shannon E ™ ‏@survivorshannon
@theexTIMinator not joking. Amazing race is poo poo. Step child of reality shows. I'd rather turtle man or honey boo boo.

Hmmmm. Well, I'll dismiss that one as he actually used the phrase "poo poo".    :llama:

Here's a third opinion:

Tawny Kitaen ‏@Tawny_Kitaen
"The Voice" GOT RIPPED OFF best reality my a** The Amazing Race" @adamlevin Have these people not seen your show? We need2get the word out!

OK, it's Tawny Kitaen.  *-:) We really can shrug that one off.    :whoop:

Then there's Andy Denhart of Reality Blurred who tweeted this:

Andy Dehnart Andy Dehnart ‏@realityblurred
F***ING F*** WHAT THE AAAAAAAAAFFFFFFGGGGGGG

OK, I censored that one a bit.  :dick

Here's what he posted about it in his blog at http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/dancing_with_the_stars_14/2012_Sep_23_tom-bergeron-emmy-race:

Tom Bergeron’s Emmy win slightly mitigates Amazing Race’s unbelievable ninth Emmy 
by Andy Dehnart / September 23, 2012, 8:17 PM

Dancing with the Stars host Tom Bergeron won the best reality show host Emmy tonight, likely due to Jeff Probst’s absence from the nominees after winning every year since the award began. I say that because, once a-f***ing-gain, The Amazing Race won for best competition series. The award has been given 10 times and the CBS series has won it nine times, not that I have strong feelings about that win.

Tom Bergeron is a fine choice: He’s quick on his feet and funny, and is never afraid to acknowledge the ridiculousness going on around him. I would have voted for Cat Deeley, because she does similarly strong work but adds unexpected humanity to the role. Honestly, had either Cat or Phil Keoghan won, that would have been perfectly acceptable. Despite my rage at Amazing Race’s win, Phil remains one of the consistently strong parts of the series.

Speaking of that rage: Damaged beyond repair by budget cuts and ego and bad decision-making, The Amazing Race is a shadow of its former self, and even nominated a s***ty episode, yet it wins again. Sure, it looks gorgeous, and I can’t imagine the logistical challenges it presents. I was once an unapologetic cheerleader for it. But that does not mean the end product is good. What was broadcast last year is objectively a shadow of the show’s previous self, and is in no way better than some of the other nominees.

More cleanup needed in a few places here.  :dick

Overall, though reaction on Twitter and Facebook was pretty positive and most people agree with us and are happy that TAR won another Emmy.

I particularly liked the Beekman Boys message on Facebook:

FINALLY!! We're on an EMMY winning show! Congrats AMAZING RACE on your win!

I also liked this comment:

James Poniewozik ‏@poniewozik
If THE AMAZING RACE is going to win every year, they really should make the #emmys a pitstop one season

I hope you enjoyed all this. I thought the negative comments were amusing myself. Sort of a combination of sour grapes and taking themselves way too seriously.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 07:40:01 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2012, 09:11:38 PM »

I agree, this was great and well deserved but not everyone agrees with us.

The Emmys were horrendous...the absolute worst show!

"Amazing Race" winning an Emmy again is a total joke. The Emmys have no credibility--no wonder the ratings are at record lows.

The Emmys are all politics, that's why, despite nominations, The Apprentice never won--even though it should have many times over.

Well, maybe he's a bit biased.  :crybabe:

Here's another opinion:

Survivor Shannon E ™ ‏@survivorshannon
How does the amazing race win an Emmy? The show sucks!

Tim Gross ‏@theexTIMinator
@survivorshannon are you kidding Shannon? Its the 2nd best show on TV. Right behind Survivor

Survivor Shannon E ™ Survivor Shannon E ™ ‏@survivorshannon
@theexTIMinator not joking. Amazing race is poo poo. Step child of reality shows. I'd rather turtle man or honey boo boo.

Hmmmm. Well, I'll dismiss that one as he actually used the phrase "poo poo".    :llama:

Here's a third opinion:

Tawny Kitaen ‏@Tawny_Kitaen
"The Voice" GOT RIPPED OFF best reality my a** The Amazing Race" @adamlevin Have these people not seen your show? We need2get the word out!

OK, it's Tawny Kitaen.  *-:) We really can shrug that one off.    :whoop:

Then there's Andy Denhart of Reality Blurred who tweeted this:

Andy Dehnart Andy Dehnart ‏@realityblurred
F***ING F*** WHAT THE AAAAAAAAAFFFFFFGGGGGGG

OK, I censored that one a bit.  :dick

Here's what he posted about it in his blog at http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/dancing_with_the_stars_14/2012_Sep_23_tom-bergeron-emmy-race:

Tom Bergeron’s Emmy win slightly mitigates Amazing Race’s unbelievable ninth Emmy 
by Andy Dehnart / September 23, 2012, 8:17 PM

Dancing with the Stars host Tom Bergeron won the best reality show host Emmy tonight, likely due to Jeff Probst’s absence from the nominees after winning every year since the award began. I say that because, once a-f***ing-gain, The Amazing Race won for best competition series. The award has been given 10 times and the CBS series has won it nine times, not that I have strong feelings about that win.

Tom Bergeron is a fine choice: He’s quick on his feet and funny, and is never afraid to acknowledge the ridiculousness going on around him. I would have voted for Cat Deeley, because she does similarly strong work but adds unexpected humanity to the role. Honestly, had either Cat or Phil Keoghan won, that would have been perfectly acceptable. Despite my rage at Amazing Race’s win, Phil remains one of the consistently strong parts of the series.

Speaking of that rage: Damaged beyond repair by budget cuts and ego and bad decision-making, The Amazing Race is a shadow of its former self, and even nominated a s***ty episode, yet it wins again. Sure, it looks gorgeous, and I can’t imagine the logistical challenges it presents. I was once an unapologetic cheerleader for it. But that does not mean the end product is good. What was broadcast last year is objectively a shadow of the show’s previous self, and is in no way better than some of the other nominees.

More cleanup needed in a few places here.  :dick

Overall, though reaction on Twitter and Facebook was pretty positive and most people agree with us and are happy that TAR won another Emmy.

I particularly liked the Beekman Boys message on Facebook:

FINALLY!! We're on an EMMY winning show! Congrats AMAZING RACE on your win!

I also liked this comment:

James Poniewozik ‏@poniewozik
If THE AMAZING RACE is going to win every year, they really should make the #emmys a pitstop one season

I hope you enjoyed all this. I thought the negative comments were amusing myself. Sort of a combination of sour grapes and taking themselves way too seriously.

LOL, those snubbers!!! :lol3:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2012, 07:37:16 AM »
The Amazing Race 21 Episode 2

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2012, 09:53:57 PM »
Amazing Race's Phil Keoghan: There's Healthier Competition This Season

The Amazing Race picked up its ninth trophy (in 10 nominations) for reality-competition series at last Sunday's Primetime Emmy Awards, but the evening was special for Phil Keoghan for another reason.
"My daughter was 6 the first time we won and I told her that I would take her to the Emmys when she's 16 if we're lucky enough to be nominated then, let alone still be on the air," Keoghan tells TVGuide.com. "So a decade has gone by - I don't know how it's gone that quickly - we're still here and we got nominated, so I took her and it was great to be there with her." It wasn't smooth sailing the whole night: His daughter Elle fainted before the show from the oppressive heat (she's OK) and Keoghan had trouble getting into the theater after seeking help for her. "The entrance was blocked, so we had to go all the way around and luckily made it back in time before the category was announced," he says. "It was our own Roadblock!"

Nine Emmys later, Race is heading into its 21st season (Sunday, 8/7c, CBS) and raising the stakes even higher. For the first time, the show is doubling the prize money to $2 million - but there's a catch: A team must win the first and last legs to win the $2 million purse. So why up the grand prize now? What else can we expect from Season 21? Keoghan gives us the scoop.

Congrats on the Emmy win! Do you still get nervous after so many wins?
Phil Keoghan: Thank you! I do. Every year that we have won, I was more nervous than I ever was, last year included since we had lost [in 2010 to Top Chef]. The first time we ever won, I was so relaxed because there were absolutely no expectations. In some respects, we were an underdog show. We weren't the highest-rated. We were just a critically acclaimed show, I think. I think that first award really put us on the map. It made people who hadn't found our show yet go, "What's this show that just won?"

That one was for Season 3, which was a game-changing season. And now you're on 21.
Keoghan: Yeah, Season 3 was a pivotal one, [Season] 5 too. In fact, all our odd-numbered years were really pivotal - 1, 3, 5, 7 were big years for us. And now it's 21. I remember thinking five years was extraordinary. It's absolutely mind-blowing to be in the 20s now.

Is that why you're upping the prize to a potential $2 million?
Keoghan: Yeah, that came from CBS. CBS said that they really wanted to have a game-changer, to have something that would make the audience pay attention and certainly make the teams race a little harder. Thankfully, they managed to find the resources to be able to offer it as a prize. The reaction that I got at the starting line was quite enthusiastic. "Oh, that sounds like a good idea!" (Watch a sneak peek of the starting line below.)

I'm not sure we can say the same for past Racers.
Keoghan: [Laughs] I always say, I don't think there's anybody who's been on the Race who was in it just to win the money. Honestly, I think if you could offer any of the Racers a chance to come back just to race, they would take it. While the money is definitely a tantalizing prize waiting at the end, the experiences that they have, money couldn't buy. We've allowed teams to go to the pit where the Terracotta warriors are in China - no amount of money could buy you into that place. I don't even think $2 million could cover it, quite frankly. It's the best that money can't buy.

Judging from the premiere, this is one of your most eclectic casts ever.
Keoghan: Yeah, I think you're gonna love the teams. The team that stood out from the beginning were the Sri Lankan twins [Nadiya and Natalie]. They talk incessantly. They have a wonderful, self-deprecating sense of humor. They constantly bicker at one another and then turn around and love each other dearly. The Beekman Boys [Josh and Brent] - the funniest thing was that during the auditions [when] they were describing how they lost their jobs and they started this goat farm. They described having one arm attached to a certain part of the goat's anatomy while the other hand was holding onto an iPhone on how to help a goat give birth. I don't know if there's a goat app now, but when they described that with hand gestures, we just were like, "These guys are hysterical!" The Chippendales [Jaymes and James] are gonna be some real eye candy. They're very funny, very quick, vivacious, quite sensitive. They're not what you would expect and not what I expected. I was just surprised at their humility and their sensitivity. They came on this Race to have a great time and they definitely did. They know how to have fun.

There's a somewhat suspenseful finish to the first leg. Were you surprised at what happened?
Keoghan: I was really surprised. The thing about Amazing Race is that the teams don't realize that one decision about letting something go or trying to be nice at some point can come back and sting you. You have to just focus on racing and race smart and be careful about ever giving up anything. All I can say is, every single one of them says, "Man, we used to yell at the screen and say, 'Why are they doing this?' But when we come on, we realized it's not as easy as it looks.'"

Someone also doesn't read a clue properly. How can teams still do this after 21 seasons?
Keoghan: I know! Honestly, I think people underestimate how much jet lag is playing into bad decisions. People stop thinking when they're under pressure. This is all happening at a million miles per hour - 12 shows in 21 days. It was faster than the last season and the last season was crazy-fast. I think people think because the show airs week to week, there's this big space between legs, like we're all resting and hanging out for seven days, but we literally do not stop. You're going to see some very smart people make some very dumb mistakes.

How dumb? Missing you at the Pit Stop dumb?
Keoghan: [Laughs] Just mistakes they would not ordinarily make if they were not so tired and so out of it. It's part of what makes the Race work. If we did have a week between legs, it would be a completely different show. There are definitely fatal mistakes, not just one, but a number of multiple fatal mistakes. ... You're gonna see, literally, in one episode two teams racing for last place. There's an intersection where they can go left or go right to get to the Pit Stop. They're in a mode of transportation where they're side-by-side yelling at each other. One team goes left, one goes right. One stays and one doesn't. They were within seconds of arriving on the mat.

Are snowboarders your new beauty queens? You used to have beauty queens all the time and now you have another snowboarder in three seasons.
Keoghan: [Laughs] It's kind of topical now with the Olympics and the Paralympics - these athletes with these extraordinary mindsets to overcome adversity. [Amy] is our first-time double-amputee Racer. She's a three-time World Cup champion snowboarder. She's one to watch. I think that's what's so great about our show - we can cast such diverse people. Other people cast for singing ability, dancing ability, losing-weight ability, cooking ability, designing ability. Our show is not about any particular ability at all. The more different you are, the more likely you are to be chosen if you have a really interesting personality and backstory. A Chippendale, a monster truck driver [Rob] and a former rock star [James from White Lion and Megadeath] would never wind up together in a pub for a drink in real life. James and Abba are another team to watch out for. People think they know what to expect from the long hair and hearing that he's a rock star. These are pretty smart guys.

Fans were not fond of the fighting between Rachel and Vanessa last season. How much inter-team drama is there this season?
Keoghan: There's definitely drama and some bickering, but nothing like last season. I think this cast has a better competitive attitude than last season's. There's healthier competition this season. I mean, some of that stuff with Rachel and Vanessa was getting really nasty last time.

And the Switchback is back.
Keoghan: Yeah, you like that? What's interesting is the fans are trying to guess which [old task it is.] People love to see how new teams would cope with those legendary moments. I'll just say it had hilarious results the first time.

Please tell me it's the cheese.
Keoghan: [Laughs] I will tell you that the cheese is probably one of my favorite moments ever. The cheese task was not necessarily planned out to go the way the cheese task went. I don't think we planned for 50-pound cheese to roll down the hill and possibly take out locals. Thankfully there were fences down the hill, otherwise the headlines would've been "Amazing Race Cheese Takes Out Village."

What kind of new tasks will we see?
Keoghan: Going to Indonesia the first time was so popular that we decided to head back, and we do something interesting there. The best challenges are the ones that are indigenous. I can promise some very messy and smelly challenges. (Check out a sneak peek of a Roadblock from the premiere.)

Were the final three who you expected - or who you think viewers might expect - to be?
Keoghan: The final three are always a surprise because none of us ever get it right! I'm terrible! Even the first couple that left, I didn't see coming. That was not the team I had picked. We always take a few bets on who we think will make the final three and nobody has ever gotten it right. I never saw Flo and Zach winning [Season 3]. Everybody had Rob and Amber picked to win [Season 7]. This year, I was way wrong and a couple teams that I picked got eliminated pretty early. They might be the same teams fans will latch on to.

Any update on Season 22?
Keoghan: We're good to go on Season 22. We're scouting and will be shooting at the end of the year. People always ask what makes this season different from past seasons. We don't change the format. We just change the faces and change the places, and you will get The Amazing Race. We're not reinventing the wheel. I think a show like Survivor - which is great - comes up with more twists because it's more needed. They change the faces, but what about the places? It's a pretty similar kind of location, so they need to change something in the format. A talent show, you're on the same soundstage every year. Our advantage is because we never go back to exactly the same place, so there will definitely be new locales in Season 22.
The Amazing Race premieres Sunday at 8/7c on CBS.

http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainment/tv/tvguide/article/Amazing-Race-s-Phil-Keoghan-There-s-Healthier-3903167.php

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2012, 10:00:07 PM »
'The Amazing Race': Phil Keoghan teases extreme reactions, extreme abs in season 21 -- VIDEO

If you need more convincing to watch this season of The Amazing Race after learning that two of the competitors are Chippendales dancers, then I’m not the person to do it. Host Phil Keoghan may just be, though. TAR 21, kicking off this Sunday just a week after the show picked up its ninth Emmy for Outstanding Reality Series, will travel to yet more far-flung locations, including China, France’s Loire Valley, Bangladesh, and Indonesia. But it’s the competitors themselves who have Keoghan most excited for this round of racing. Below, he previews what viewers can expect. Hint: There will be shirtlessness — lest you forget — as well as Fabulous Beekman Boys and the show’s first-ever double amputee. (And that’s without mentioning the metalheads and monster truckers!) He teases, “We are picking people to be on the show who we know will react in an extreme manner sometimes

The Amazing Race 21 premieres Sunday at 8 p.m. ET on CBS. In the latest Amazing twist, the teams stand to win $2 million this season. How? If they win the first leg and go on to win the whole thing, they can double their money. It’ll be an extra-tricky feat to pull off for sure, but, as they say… high risk, high reward.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/09/28/the-amazing-race-phil-keoghan-teases-extreme-reactions-extreme-abs-in-season-21-video/

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2012, 10:07:31 PM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2012, 10:32:09 AM »
The Sunday Conversation: Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri of 'The Amazing Race'

The married couple, the reality show's creators and executive producers, reveal what goes into their race around the world.

Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri, co-creators of the CBS reality competition "The Amazing Race," in their L.A.-area home. (Jay L. Clendenin, Los Angeles Times / September 30, 2012)

Related photos »

September 30, 2012, 8:00 a.m.

The 21st season of CBS' "The Amazing Race" begins Sunday night, on the heels of the reality competition show's ninth Emmy win. Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri — a married couple who are the creators and executive producers of "The Amazing Race" — talked about some of their own team challenges pulling off a globe-trotting show for the last decade.

Congratulations on your ninth Emmy. Do you have a sense of why "The Amazing Race" is such a favorite with the television academy?

Doganieri: Since most of our peers are in television, I think they really understand what it takes to produce a show that's global.

What's involved in planning a global show?

Doganieri: It takes months of pre-production and planning, about four months of casting, prep, all the scouting, all the creative. We pick the route and then we film the show in about three weeks, so it's all in the planning.

You guys are advance location scouts, yes?

Doganieri: Bertram does more of the scouting than I do at this point. We start with research in the office, we plan out where we want to go for the next season and we go out on the road with the country producers — the people who are going to produce each location. I'll meet with our local facilitators and local companies to produce each episode.

That sounds like a lot of people. I thought reality shows proliferated in part because they were cheaper to produce than scripted.

Doganieri: "The Amazing Race" is in line with other reality shows, and probably at this point, we produce the show for less than most other shows. We don't have any extra people on the road who don't need to be on the road. Most of the people who work on our show come back season after season, and everybody is well versed in what it takes to produce the show. We work within a budget, and we stick to it.

After two decades, how do you keep the show fresh?

Doganieri: We are very involved. Bertram and I go on the road, and we're there during the filming, and we're involved in the editing and the casting. We try to find new and exciting locations. We make sure our cast is diverse and exciting. You know, with the global backdrop of the world, it doesn't get boring — you always have a beautiful backdrop, interesting people, fantastic cultures. And if you cast it well and you have good creative, which is a huge part of making a show, it all blends together to be this fantastic adventure to watch at home.

How many countries has the show visited?

Doganieri: About 80. I hope we're secretly educating people about geography and culture. I've heard some wonderful stories about teachers using "The Amazing Race" in their syllabus to teach children about countries, geography, cultures.

What do you think about the kind of reality shows that focus on wildly dysfunctional relationships? Yours seem like mostly pretty normal relationships — there's friction because there's stress, which is a different thing.

Doganieri: Everybody has their area of expertise. Bertram and I liked the idea that "The Amazing Race" is a competition where nobody gets voted out, no one is judged out and based on your own ability or inability, you are the person or your team that will not make it through or will succeed. What we love about producing our show is it's a family show that everybody can watch.

Van Munster: There are 500 channels. There's room for everybody, and why not?

Doganieri: Our show touches everybody. Our cast is really diverse. There's father and daughter, there's a wide range of ages and backgrounds. Everyone who watches can relate to somebody. So the drama comes from the relationships — people traveling together, there's going to be drama, but it's pretty much what we all go through when we travel together. There's a million dollars and traveling to 10 or 11 different countries in three weeks, and you're tired, you're hungry — it definitely doesn't bring out the best in people.

You guys have produced other adventure shows, like "The Great Escape" and "Wild Things" — clearly you're a fan of adventure. What has been the most adrenalin-producing adventure you've ever had personally?

Van Munster: Of course there are very many white-knuckle flights — that's an adventure in itself — into crazy territory, but to pin it down to one is difficult. The world is just damn small, very tiny. What I have learned from it is that it's absolutely absurd that we have wars between each other. People don't realize how small the world is and how similar our problems are. People all over the world are extremely hospitable — kind, friendly. You pay respect to their rules and their religion, and people are kind everywhere you go.

So you've never in all these years encountered anti-American sentiment abroad?

Van Munster: It's more anti-government than anti-American — our policies. Nobody is anti-American. People just love us. They think we're great. Several times contestants have lost money, like in Moscow on the street. People pulled money out of their pocket. I've never seen that here in America. Twenty, 30, 50 Euros, no problem. If you're in the Arab world, very often people invite you into their house for food and hospitality. We go to Africa, people give you the shirt off their back. It depends on how you approach it and how you deal with people.

To go back to your Moscow comment, I know contestants are given allowances, and if they run out, they have to figure out how to get more legally. After Season 7, you specifically banned begging in U.S. airports. Did somebody do that in Season 7?

Van Munster: What happened, in Egypt, was that the soccer moms ran out of money, and they found two or three tour buses by the pyramids. And there were a lot of American tourists and they asked them for money and they got money from those guys. That was Season 5, I think.

Doganieri: The one thing we don't want people to do, if you're down to your last couple of dollars and you're in a country filled with poverty, it just doesn't look right or feel right to beg for money. If they want to perform and get paid, maybe — that could be kind of fun. But just to ask people who are underprivileged, sometimes it's a bit off-putting and we just don't want that to be an impression we leave behind.

Let's talk about the new season. Why did you boost the prize money to $2 million? Isn't $1 million still a lot of money?

Doganieri: We thought it would be a real game-changer. We wanted to up the ante. Yes, a million dollars is a ton of money, but we're also hopeful that the people who win will do something wonderful with the money. One girl was a diabetic, and I know she was putting some of her money into research for diabetes. It also lit a fire under the contestants like you wouldn't believe when they heard that.

What else can you tell me about the new season?

Doganieri: Contestants are going to travel through three different continents. They're going to nine countries. We flew them around the world about 25,000 miles. And we have a great cast. We have some heavy metal rockers — one of them was a member of White Lion and Megadeth. We also have a woman who had meningitis and at 19 lost both her legs, but she survived, and she is a professional snowboarder and an inspiration to anyone who deals with any type of disability. On a really fun side, we have Chippendale dancers, and these guys are wildly entertaining.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-st-amazing-race-conversation-20120930,0,5018694.story
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2012, 11:42:00 AM »
'Amazing Race' premiere: First leg has 'a very dramatic finish,' says Phil KeoghanBy Andrea Reiher

September 30, 2012 10:17 AM ET

"The Amazing Race" returns this weekend with teams that include Chippendales dancers, a double amputee and a Megadeth rocker, plus a two million dollar prize for the winners of the first leg shoudl they win the whole race. Host Phil Keoghan tells Zap2it that raises the stakes right at the start.

"We definitely set a high bar and you can see right from the start the teams are amped up," says Keoghan. "There's a very dramatic finish ... it's one of those endings where the teams are really fighting, they're very very close. There's a couple of decisions that are made there that really had a detrimental effect on a couple of teams. Really exciting, right to the last team."

Along with the exciting start, Keoghan also teases a few of the challenges the show sets up, which include eating something unusual and bringing back something from a past season.

"We do have a local delicacy that we share with the teams. We don't have them gratuitously eating some piece of food, like a 'Fear Factor'-type of stunt. We give them a delicacy that the local people really love," says Keoghan.

"There is also something that comes up that many of the teams and the audience would have seen on the show before," he continues. "Something that's historic in the history of the race and we decided to bring it back."

As far as the teams go, he says that there isn't one team that sticks out as more colorful than any others. The show really prides itself on its diverse casting, which this time around includes Amy Purdy, a snowboarder who is a double amputee. Which Keoghan says does not slow her down one bit.

"Quite frankly, she moves faster and is more athletic than may of the guys running around with beer bellies. If I were going to choose over having her athletic ability over the guys carrying a little extra weight around the middle, I'd choose her," he says.

"The Amazing Race" Season 21 premieres Sunday, Sept. 30 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/09/amazing-race-premiere-first-leg-has-a-very-dramatic-finish-says-phil-keoghan.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2012, 12:33:05 PM »
Based on his other interviews I think he means Switchback.... ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2012, 04:16:11 PM »
The Amazing Race: 'We're a travel show on Red Bull'

On your marks, armchair travelers: The latest installment of CBS' The Amazing Race kicks off tonight, taking 11 teams on another rip-roaring romp through nine countries across the globe.

The 21st season, which launches a week after the show nabbed a ninth Emmy for Outstanding Reality Series, includes a new impetus for jet-lagged meltdowns and rude tourist behavior: If a two-person team reaches the mat first for both the initial and final leg of the race, they'll double their winnings to $2 million. Among this round's contestants are a heavy metal rocker, a double amputee snowboarder and married professional monster truckers -- with a pair of Chippendale dancers boosting the requisite eye candy quotient.

But, insists New Zealand-born host Phil Keoghan, "the places are as much a star as the teams we pick. Even on Survivor, it's pretty difficult to tell the difference between one beautiful island and another. But when you turn on Amazing Race, the contrasts to the places you see in the background are extreme. In a given episode, you can go from the furnace to the freezer in the space of a few minutes, and you never see the same place twice." (Countries are another story; Amazing Race has visited 82 over its 11-year run, and China is back for its 11th appearance this season.)

Then again, Phil Keoghan is no Rick Steves.

"We are basically a travel show on Red Bull," he says.

"It's the difference between having a relaxing glass of wine while looking at beautiful imagery, and watching our show where the adrenaline is pumping through your system as you're racing through the streets of (Bangladesh's capital) Dhaka." The densely populated South Asian country, setting for a challenge this season involving rat collectors, is what Keoghan calls "high-octane and high energy; a place that just slaps you in the face."

Other parts of the anatomy will be slapped in Istanbul, where teams visit a traditional hammam, or Turkish bathhouse. Not in the cards for this season's contestants: A repeat of Keoghan's own 1999 trip to Istanbul, when he swam the mile-wide Bosporus from Asia to Europe and "almost got run over by an oil tanker."

Experienced globe-trotters may diss The Amazing Race for perpetuating Ugly American stereotypes, but Keoghan is unapologetic.

"There are some people, and it doesn't matter which nationality, who are not good representatives of their country ...we've all heard them at restaurants and been pushed aside by them in lines at immigration," says Keoghan. "We could decide, 'let's cast a group of perfect ambassadors who are articulate, polite to everybody around them and represent the best of who we are as a nation. But I think we'd be kidding ourselves. We're not casting good and bad. It begins and ends with, 'is this person a captivating character?'"

While "captivating character" may make for dramatic TV, travel and relationship skills aren't necessarily part of a winning Amazing Race formula.

"I've seen the most incompatible people not only do well, but win the race. I don't understand it, frankly," says Keoghan. "And experienced traveler is a relative term: I don't know whether anybody is ever prepared for the travel that is The Amazing Race. It still kicks all of us in the butt, every single time."

So what's the ultimate destination for the peripatetic show?

"They're exploring Mars right now, (and) we're already pre-scouting," says Keoghan. "We're ready for Amazing Race 50."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/dispatches/2012/09/30/amazing-race-phil-keoghan-cbs-reality-show-travel/1602887/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2012, 04:01:06 PM »
Tweet LIVE with Phil Keoghan During The Amazing Race!

Public event · By The Amazing Race.

Sunday, 7 October 2012.. RSVP now and join the Live Tweet with Amazing Race Host Phil Keoghan as he tweets during an all-new episode on Sunday Oct. 7th at 8pm ET/5pm PT*.

http://www.cbs.com/connect/talent/81503/phil-keoghan

*Time subject to change due to NFL overruns 

See the Premiere Tweets here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/428234067224904/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2012, 08:41:08 PM »
Moved: Switchback discussion to the Discussion of Spoilers thread.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2012, 07:32:58 PM »
TAR Promo at :30 past the hour during Survivor. Shows "Bull Racing."
-- theschnauzers

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2012, 06:26:25 PM »
I have the name of our third episode : "There's No Crying in Baseball"
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2012, 06:26:53 PM »
I have the name of our third episode : "There's No Crying in Baseball"

I hate when people beat me to that.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2012, 09:00:36 PM »
Both of you are late!  :lol:

That has been up on Wikipedia since October 3rd! 

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2012, 09:21:38 PM »
Who needs wiki when you have RFF??   :neener:  Beat you all!  :lol:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,27948.msg805142.html#msg805142
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2012, 09:41:05 PM »
Well, I should have known wiki had to get it from here.

Glad the universe is righted!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2012, 10:32:42 PM »
 :<3
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2012, 08:46:25 AM »
Episode 4 title:

Tell Peach and the others that I'm not a newbie, I am an absentee contributor.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2012, 10:14:29 AM »
ApprenticeFan:

Indeed, your RFF tag reveals that you are a fan of Romber (which goes back to Amazing Race 11 and to many Survivors) and that you have 109 posts, which is not a newbie but makes you a senior member of RFF.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 09:53:55 AM by apskip »

addie

« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2012, 01:27:38 AM »
Episode 4 title quote:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2012, 07:55:17 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2012, 12:54:20 AM »
I can't copy my cable listings other than typing it out, but the description of the November 4th episode confirms that "the Race continues in Istanbul, Turkey."
-- theschnauzers

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2012, 03:06:52 AM »
I can't copy my cable listings other than typing it out, but the description of the November 4th episode confirms that "the Race continues in Istanbul, Turkey."

« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 03:14:20 AM by ApprenticeFan »

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2012, 09:19:53 PM »
Episode 7 location found from TV Guide:

addie

« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2012, 01:24:06 PM »
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 01:27:12 PM by addie »

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2012, 01:41:04 PM »

We already know that.  Leg 8 location is still missing.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2012, 02:35:03 PM »

We already know that.  Leg 8 location is still missing.
\
Alenaveda, anything we think we've confirmed by filming spoilers isn't official until CBS tells us. So the TV Guide episode information, which comes from CBS, officially confirms what we believe was correct information.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2012, 04:11:50 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2012, 04:15:57 PM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2012, 04:20:36 PM »
Hush, you! :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2012, 01:07:36 PM »
Video Interview w/ BVM and Elise last Friday, sneak peak of last episode, and confirmation Bangladesh>Istanbul>Moscow!!

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/10/25/the-amazing-race-is-almost-halfway-through-its-21st-season/

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2012, 11:04:36 PM »
We have a present to "our" Peach and we've finally have a location for leg 8:

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2012, 11:37:39 PM »
We have a present to "our" Peach and we've finally have a location for leg 8:

:oh :res:
Then it's official, we have no new country for this season :lol: :iok
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2012, 12:41:38 AM »
Oh honey, it was "official" once RFF said so...doncha know?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2012, 12:42:09 AM »
Thanks Claude!! :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2012, 01:41:15 AM »
Thanks Claude!! :tup:

:keeta:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2012, 06:48:15 PM »
Episode 7 Title - "Off to See the Wizard"

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2012, 07:37:19 PM »
Episode 7 Title - "Off to See the Wizard"

"We're off to see the wizard, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz..."
 :conf:  :conf:  :conf:  :hearts:  :hearts:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2012, 08:01:49 PM »
My favorite movie ever!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2012, 09:58:23 PM »
It looks like Deven was recognized by his fellow professionals.  :conf:

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2012, 10:13:29 AM »
About 14 hours ago, there's an update on Amazing Race's foursqare...

I believe they got the date wrong...
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2012, 10:35:35 AM »
Yes, we know there is a dancing tak from the Intro caps. Date is wrong, they are a week ahead. But cool, thanks for sharing!

Heee...what did they say LAST week about THIS week then??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2012, 12:05:29 AM »
SEASON FINALE DATES ANNOUNCED FOR “THE AMAZING RACE” AND “SURVIVOR: PHILIPPINES” THIS JUST IN…

The 21st Installment of the Nine-Time Emmy Award-Winning Series “The Amazing Race” Crosses the Finish Line with a Two-Hour Season Finale on Sunday, Dec. 9     

“Survivor: Philippines” Concludes the 25th Installment of the Series on Sunday, Dec. 16 with a Special Two-Hour Season Finale Followed by the Live One-Hour Reunion Show

The final four teams of the nine-time Emmy Award-winning series THE AMAZING RACE sprint to the final leg of the 21st season during a special two-hour season finale on Sunday, Dec. 9 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.

On Sunday, Dec. 16, the 25th Sole Survivor will be crowned during the SURVIVOR: PHILIPPINES two-hour season finale (8:30-10:30 PM, ET/7:30-9:30 PM, CT /8:00-10:00 PM, PT), followed by the Live Reunion Show (10:30-11:30 PM, ET/9:30-10:30 PM, CT/10:00-11:00 PM, PT) hosted by Emmy Award-winning host Jeff Probst.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/survivor/survivor-and-the-amazing-race-48306.aspx

'Survivor: Philippines' and 'The Amazing Race' Finale Dates Announced
Monday, November 05, 2012
Jeff Dodge

Today looks to be CBS' day for announcements. The network has announced the fall finale dates for the current seasons of Survivor: Philippines and The Amazing Race. This comes on the heels of the news earlier today that their hit freshman drama Elementary will air a new episode following the 2013 Super Bowl.

CBS has set the finale of The Amazing Race season 21 for Sunday, December 9. It'll be a two hour finish from 8-10pm, with four teams starting out at the top of the episode. It is assumed that, by the end of the first hour, one team will be eliminated, then the remaining three teams will compete for the $1 million grand prize in the second hour.

A show that knows what it's like to air after the big game, Survivor season 25, currently in the Philippines, will air its season finale on Sunday, December 16, from 8-10pm. The usual one-hour live reunion special will immediately follow at 10pm.

Keep in mind, though, that December 16 is one of the dates where CBS has already scheduled a 30 minute delay in its entire primetime lineup for those watching on the East Coast. For viewers there, the finale will begin at 8:30pm, with the reunion at 10:30pm. That is, unless that day's game gets delayed even further, as we've seen on some recent Sunday nights.

But before we get to the finales, you can catch The Amazing Race every Sunday and Survivor every Thursday, both at 8pm on CBS.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2012, 12:45:40 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ugh i hate two hour finales

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2012, 02:09:09 PM »
The article just above by Jeff Dodge has an obvious mistake in stating that the Amazing Race is telecast starting at 8pm EST. With the timing of Amazing Race starting at 830pm for all CBS doubleheader games, approximately half of the telecasts will start at 830pm (or later) and half at 8pm.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2012, 03:13:41 PM »
apskip, the 8:30 start time is only for the east coast feed. I have no idea where that writer is, but if he's on the west coast, then he might not realize the coastal split to the start time this season.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2012, 06:06:03 AM »
From TVGuide ;D

Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2012, 05:58:59 PM »
Episode 8 title

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2012, 12:21:13 AM »
Phil is STILL saying a new country and Africa? :lol: Pssst. Mallorca is part of Spain.

SUE YEAP, The West Australian
Updated November 12, 2012, 11:30 am
Let the race begin

As host of the high-stakes reality series The Amazing Race, Phil Keoghan has seen more of the world than most viewers ever will and has a box of about 20 used passports to show for it.

In 21 seasons of globetrotting Keoghan has witnessed bickering contestants, havoc caused by late or missed flights, pandemonium erupting from taxi drivers getting lost and the tears of those eliminated for arriving last on the mat.

But there's one thing Keoghan would like to see again and it's cheese. The season 14 challenge where 90kg rounds of Swiss cheese rolled out of control towards people and houses has been a viewer and YouTube hit, so a reprise in a future season is not out of the question, especially with another old favourite returning this season.

"We will be getting to Moscow, a country in Africa, another new country in Europe," says Keoghan of the remaining destinations for season 21, which has already seen teams pass through China, Indonesia and Bangladesh, with action due to move to Turkey in tonight's fast-tracked episode.

"I can tell you this season we will be revisiting a country in Europe and having a switchback of a popular European challenge of the past. It's definitely going to make a lot of people happy.

"With regards to the cheese; it is not actually the cheese but absolutely we have to get back at some point and do the cheese because that is up there in the top five. That is definitely an all-time favourite."

The stakes are higher than ever this season with the $1 million first prize set to double if the team that won the first leg, Abbie and Ryan, also win the last leg.

Another team everyone is talking about this season are Sri Lankan twins Natalie an Nadiya. "They finish each other's sentence, they are hysterical, they drive some of the other teams crazy," Keoghan says.

"They are one of those teams that really polarise the audience; people either absolutely love them or they get driven crazy by them because of the way they keep saying 'twinnies' all the time and finishing each other's sentences."

Contestants in The Amazing Race are tested by a range of physical and mental challenges from rappelling down a Pasadena bridge and eating the Chinese delicacy hasma (the fatty tissue found near frog fallopian tubes) in the season opener, to the rat catching assignment in Bangladesh.

Is there anything Keoghan wouldn't or couldn't do if challenged? "For me personally there is nothing there I wouldn't do; there are lots of things I'd prefer not to do," he says. "I am not a fan of eating weird crazy food. So I wouldn't choose to eat frogs' fallopian tubes. That said, if you told me I had a chance to win $1 million if I ate something I could probably muster up the energy to do it.

"That's one thing I like about Race is we tend to focus on food people actually do eat, we don't just have people eating things for the sake of eating, they are eating delicacies from a particular place."

Another thing Keoghan loves about the show is it is filmed in the real world with limited control of how events unfold.

"When they randomly come into contact with a taxi driver, suddenly that taxi driver is in a way dictating what the content is," he says. "This guy is suddenly a part of our creative process and out of that come these crazy cab rides where people have quite literally lost $1 million."

The Amazing Race picked up another Emmy award this year for outstanding reality program and Keoghan is ready to pack his bags to have season 22 filmed by the end of the year. After that, it's a well-deserved break with his family back in his native New Zealand for Christmas.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/entertainment/a/-/entertainment/15358522/let-the-race-begin/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2012, 04:51:19 AM »
Episode 9 title

Offline Ikurriña

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2012, 05:48:45 AM »
Episode 9 title quote is: "Fishy Kiss"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_21

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2012, 04:01:35 PM »
Hinting at the eel roadblock?

Looks like.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2012, 04:21:00 PM »
Funny, I would have gone with canal jumping a zillion times over. Eels...yuck.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2012, 03:04:37 PM »
When I checked my cable program listings for December 9th, TAR 21's finale is listed, but the program description neither gives any city nor an episode title.
-- theschnauzers

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2012, 04:38:47 AM »
Episode 10 title

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2012, 12:55:58 PM »
'The Amazing Race' finale: Host Phil Keoghan promises 'insane, terrifying, all out-sprint to the finish line'By Drusilla Moorhouse

December 7, 2012 9:00 AM ET

(CBS)Season 21 of "The Amazing Race" is coming to a close on Sunday (Dec. 9), and host Phil Keoghan promises a wild finale.

"The finale is an all-out sprint to the finish line!" Keoghan tells Zap2it. "It's pretty insane. We have a terrifying Houdini-inspired Roadblock in New York, where teams are hanging 15 stories above the Brooklyn Navy Yard...and much more.

"But it's not so much about the challenges that the teams will encounter in the final leg as it is about the mental stress that they have to endure. In the previous legs, the only thing they needed to worry about was not coming in last. Now, it's imperative that they come in first. No room for error."

But often in "TAR," teams have no control over the game -- such as the travel mishaps experienced by Abbie and Ryan, who were on track to be the Race's first $2 million winners.

"I always feel bad for any team that has back luck or makes disastrous decisions," admits Keoghan, "but I also get excited about what the unpredictable elements of the Race provides in terms of entertainment. Every good story has to have an adversary, a struggle and emotional highs and lows."

It's been a roller-coaster ride for all the finalists. Here's how Keoghan compares his initial impressions of the teams versus how they performed in the Race:

Trey and Lexi: "I initially predicted that they would suffer from their lack of travel experience, but there's no doubt they have exceeded everyone's expectations, and perhaps even their own. Whatever happens they should be very proud of their accomplishments. They have an extremely strong relationship and are clearly a perfect match."

Jaymes and James: "I thought they would underestimate just how challenging this Race would be. They prove that you really cannot judge a book by its cover. They made racing fun and I think they've picked up some new Chippendale fans along the way."

Josh and Brent: "I really misjudged the willpower of these two and I have a feeling many other people have in the past. They have an inner strength that they have shown in the most challenging circumstances. When I saw Brent collapse on the mat in Bangladesh, I was almost certain their Race was over.

Natalie and Nadiya: My initial impression matched how they performed in this Race...Loud."

Preach. Does anyone else mute their segments? (Give it a try Sunday. Your neighbors might thank you.)

Finally, we asked Keoghan what surprised him most about this season.

"With all due respect, I did not think that the Beekmans would be in the finale," he admitted. "I thought my predictions were right during their breakdown in Bangladesh ... as well as their overall performance having not won a single leg.

"That said, they have beat out some very strong teams," Keoghan notes, "and as always on 'The Amazing Race' ... anything can happen."

Which team are you rooting for to win the million-dollar prize?

The two-hour "Amazing Race" finale airs Sunday at 8 p.m. on CBS.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/12/the-amazing-race-finale-host-phil-keoghan-promises-insane-terrifying-all-out-sprint-to-the-finish-li.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2012, 03:32:18 PM »
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/dLsXoBnLjgjbGSZnCLbg4ASXTwQu9Na_/the-amazing-race-phil-keoghan-interview

The Amazing Race - Phil Keoghan Interview
Andrew Freund catches up with Host, Phil Keoghan, on the blue carpet, as the stars of CBS get together to celebrate the new Fall season. Watch The Amazing Race this Fall, Sundays at 8/7c. Only CBS!