Author Topic: All Stars Wish List  (Read 182654 times)

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: All Stars Wish List
« Reply #350 on: September 24, 2013, 12:25:18 PM »
Why Jobby?  :funny: :L

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #351 on: October 01, 2013, 06:37:42 PM »
O.M.G. I hope Phil gets his way with these idea:  :cheer:
Just after we had talked about both these ideas as well.  :funny:

HitFix: And are you ready for another All-Stars season? Or do you not want to go to that well too often?

Phil Keoghan: I'd like to see another All-Stars. I don't know if they have necessarily done as well. I don't know. I'd have to look at the numbers. But I think it's kinda nice. I'd like to see us do a reunion show. After 12 years and 23 seasons, I'm constantly getting asked by fans, "Whatever happened to... " I think we're do for one. [He calls over the show's publicist.] When are we doing a reunion show for "Amazing Race"? You do 'em for "Survivor." What's wrong? Are you giving favoritism to "Survivor" now?

HitFix: But you'd be up for an All-Stars season? You're not opposed to that format?

Phil Keoghan: No, I'm not opposed. I'd like a Fan's Favorite season, quite frankly. Let the fans pick who they want to see come back. Open it up to a vote and by popular demand? I have a feeling the Cowboys would be back.

P.S. Peach, is it okay to post this quote?  :)

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #352 on: October 01, 2013, 06:55:27 PM »
lol cowboys? seriously?
I didn't like the cowboys either season. Was rooting for Carol/Brandy or Dan/Jordan that season.
And they were just Mehh in All-Stars.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #353 on: October 02, 2013, 05:31:12 AM »

HitFix: And are you ready for another All-Stars season? Or do you not want to go to that well too often?

Phil Keoghan: I'd like to see another All-Stars. I don't know if they have necessarily done as well. I don't know. I'd have to look at the numbers. But I think it's kinda nice. I'd like to see us do a reunion show. After 12 years and 23 seasons, I'm constantly getting asked by fans, "Whatever happened to... " I think we're do for one. [He calls over the show's publicist.] When are we doing a reunion show for "Amazing Race"? You do 'em for "Survivor." What's wrong? Are you giving favoritism to "Survivor" now?

HitFix: But you'd be up for an All-Stars season? You're not opposed to that format?

Phil Keoghan: No, I'm not opposed. I'd like a Fan's Favorite season, quite frankly. Let the fans pick who they want to see come back. Open it up to a vote and by popular demand? I have a feeling the Cowboys would be back.

If there's going to be a Fan's Favorite Season, since he mentioned the cowboys, I think there's a chance that we could vote teams from the 1st few (earlier) seasons.  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #354 on: October 02, 2013, 10:59:41 PM »

If there's going to be a Fan's Favorite Season, since he mentioned the cowboys, I think there's a chance that we could vote teams from the 1st few (earlier) seasons.  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Gutsy Grannies!!! :hearts: :hearts: We want to see them new and more improved!
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #355 on: October 03, 2013, 03:38:53 AM »
No offence, but would they not be 80ish?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #356 on: October 03, 2013, 07:05:42 AM »

Gutsy Grannies!!! :hearts: :hearts: We want to see them new and more improved!

After Mel's near-death experience on TAR 18, I don't think they'll put an 80-ish couple on the race.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #357 on: October 03, 2013, 09:46:29 AM »
Unless they are Donald-esque  :cheer:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #358 on: October 03, 2013, 11:26:02 PM »
Ooo!
It would be nice to vote some teams into a TARAS, but it should definitely not be ALL teams.  Of course, we want some drama.  }:> An all fan favorites season would be an iffy proposition, even though not everyone shares the same "favorites."  And especially because Bert & Co's idea of "favorites"... well, just look at TARUB and every one of Phil's interviews  :groan: lol

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #359 on: October 03, 2013, 11:39:16 PM »
Anyway, as for a wish list (and it is definitely wishful thinking), here's mine.  I'd love to see any of these teams:

PRE-TAR11
(The most unlikely since we've all forgotten TAR existed before, I guess now, TAR18  :groan:)
Kelly & Jon (TAR4)
Colin & Christie (TAR5)
Charla & Mirna (TAR5/TARAS)  :hearts:
Kris & Jon (TAR6)
The Gaghans (any combination) (TAR8)
DJ & Marion Paolo (TAR8)
Joseph & Monica (TAR9)

POST-TAR11 (They exhausted TAR14's casting possibilities in TARUB lol)
Ken & Tina (TAR13)
Brook & Claire (TAR17)
Marcus & Amani (TAR19)
Bill & Cathi (TAR19)
Brendon & Rachel (TAR20)
Mark & Bopper (TAR20)
Jaymes & James (TAR21)
Natalie & Nadiya (TAR21)
Max & Katie (TAR22)
Dave & Connor (TAR22)

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #360 on: October 04, 2013, 09:00:24 AM »
Anyway, as for a wish list (and it is definitely wishful thinking), here's mine.  I'd love to see any of these teams:

PRE-TAR11
(The most unlikely since we've all forgotten TAR existed before, I guess now, TAR18  :groan:)
Kelly & Jon (TAR4)
Colin & Christie (TAR5)
Charla & Mirna (TAR5/TARAS)  :hearts:
Kris & Jon (TAR6)
The Gaghans (any combination) (TAR8)
DJ & Marion Paolo (TAR8)
Joseph & Monica (TAR9)

POST-TAR11 (They exhausted TAR14's casting possibilities in TARUB lol)
Ken & Tina (TAR13)
Brook & Claire (TAR17)
Marcus & Amani (TAR19)
Bill & Cathi (TAR19)
Brendon & Rachel (TAR20)
Mark & Bopper (TAR20)
Jaymes & James (TAR21)
Natalie & Nadiya (TAR21)
Max & Katie (TAR22)
Dave & Connor (TAR22)

Omg these picks are amazing!

DJ and Marion would be some combination  :funny:
I would like to see Staci as well from that season but Schmirna and twinnies :hearts:

Offline Daniel

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #361 on: October 04, 2013, 10:55:44 AM »
Gutsy Grannies now would be in their mid 70-ish. Still too old to race :'(

DJ and Marion would be an EPIC team but I will never forgive TAR if they do put them on the race in the future but not going to New Zealand that season :lol:
Also add Mama Weaver and one of her kids, that would be great.

I hope if they're really doing the Fan Favorites they include early season favorites like Bowling Moms and Ken & Gerard.

I'm already seeing a Schmirna fight with the women from the new seasons like Twinnies/Katie/BB Rachel :lol:
TAR Canada: Vanessa & Celina
TAR 23: Tim & Marie, Nicky & Kim, Tim & Danny

She's really pissed that we're asking her because she has BUSINESS to do.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #362 on: October 04, 2013, 11:33:36 AM »
Schmirna goddesses vs. Art & JJ  :funny:

Offline Felix

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #363 on: October 04, 2013, 02:20:18 PM »
I hope Season 25 is a Fan Favorite Season where all teams could be a part of it...I would love to see Flo & Zach,Ken & Gerard,Colin & Christie,Brook & Claire and others racing again. :hearts:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #364 on: October 04, 2013, 03:09:02 PM »
I might put a list together of my 3 picks from each season post All Stars 1  :colors

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #365 on: October 04, 2013, 04:31:06 PM »
I know this has been brought up a billiom times before, but "first" eliminated teams would be a nice twist. They need to bring back Eric & Lisa, Bilal & Sa'eed, Deidre & Hillary, and can't believe I'm saying this but... Ari & Staella the donkey harrassers :P :badhorse:,
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #366 on: October 04, 2013, 06:27:05 PM »
The only ones I'd like back out of those are Bilal & Sa'eed and Ari & Staella. I'd also like to see Misa & Maiya, Rob & Sheila, Ryan & Chuck, and Hoskote & Naina!
I would welcome this kind of season, but would LOVE an All Stars!

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #367 on: October 04, 2013, 09:46:48 PM »
I know this has been brought up a billiom times before, but "first" eliminated teams would be a nice twist. They need to bring back Eric & Lisa, Bilal & Sa'eed, Deidre & Hillary, and can't believe I'm saying this but... Ari & Staella the donkey harrassers :P :badhorse:,

Vipul & Arti even though they're not first boots <3

Offline Felix

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #368 on: October 04, 2013, 11:49:25 PM »
Super All-Stars Season (with people that didn't had a 2nd chance yet)

Flo & Zach
Kelly & Jon
Ken & Gerard
Colin & Christie
DJ & Marion or someone from the Gaghan Family or Linda & Rolly Weaver
BJ & Tyler
Brook & Claire
Brendon & Rachel
Art & JJ
Natalie & Nadiya
Abbie & Ryan
Jaymes & James

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #369 on: October 05, 2013, 10:44:47 PM »
Post-UB I think the teams with the best chance of coming back (most memorable and/or deserving IMO) are

Andy & Tommy (they were robbed by the taxi alliance)
Bill & Cathi (super badass seniors)

20 (this could be the new S14)
Art & JJ (to stir the pot and be the designated villains)
Brenchel (drama drama drama)
Vanessa & Ralph (she was a trooper doing that RB in Japan)
Bopper & Mark (easily the fan faves of the season)
and to a lesser extent: Nary & Jamie and Joey Fitness & Dany

Chippendales (hot, funny and with a heartwarming story, definitely coming back)
Twinnies (bubbly, competitive, chaotic, and missed on their finale by a technicality almost sure they'll be back)
probably James & Abba and/or Abbie & Ryan

Joey & Meghan (lots of young fans)
Pam & Winnie (very competent and entertaining)
Dave & Connor (I think the most deserving team for a second chance, very competent even with a serious injury)

Based on the premiere, this could be the unrepresented cycle. Maybe Tim & Marie or the Doctors could be good candidates, but we'll see.

I'd really look forward to a feud between Art & JJ and the Twinnies
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #370 on: October 05, 2013, 11:23:17 PM »
Post-UB I think the teams with the best chance of coming back (most memorable and/or deserving IMO) are

Andy & Tommy (they were robbed by the taxi alliance)
Bill & Cathi (super badass seniors)

20 (this could be the new S14)
Art & JJ (to stir the pot and be the designated villains)
Brenchel (drama drama drama., annoying casual TAR fans into obscenitic backlash)
Vanessa & Ralph (she was a trooper doing that RB in Japan)
Bopper & Mark (easily the fan faves of the season)
and to a lesser extent: Nary & Jamie and Joey Fitness & Dany

Chippendales (hot, funny and with a heartwarming story, definitely coming back)
Twinnies (bubbly, competitive, chaotic, and missed on their finale by a technicality almost sure they'll be back)
probably James & Abba and/or Abbie & Ryan

Joey & Meghan (lots of young, and overly Youtube obsessed, hating TAR after their elimination type of fans)
Pam & Winnie (very competent and entertaining)
Dave & Connor (I think the most deserving team for a second chance, very competent even with a serious injury)

Based on the premiere, this could be the unrepresented cycle. Maybe Tim & Marie or the Doctors could be good candidates, but we'll see.

I'd really look forward to a feud between Art & JJ and the Twinnies
:lol: Well, I'm certainly done with BB teams and that show altogether. I don't want to see any crybaby trashing from YouTube children about TAR. It's so annoying and thanks to them, the "amazingrace" hashtag on Instagram has been graffitied with Joey & Meghan (as well as Jaymes & James) pictures STILL after their season(s) finished months ago.

I really like Andy & Tommy and Bill & Cathi as second opportunity teams representing for TAR19. However, I only feel the grandparents making it as all-stars. I feel like the snowboarders would just turn the opportunity down.

There is a micro chance the teams involved in the Jomo Kenyatta transfer fight will be asked back. I'm not even sure if Vanessa & Ralph are still dating, married/engaged, or broken up. I am praying Bopper & Mark will be brought back. They brought so much compassion, genuinity, and courage into the race, something TAR20 seemed to miss on the dartboard aside from the chuckles of Dave & Cherie.

The Twinnies are 50/50 on going to be back since they entertained or annoyed the crap out of everyone that season, whether you love them or hate them. However, a setback would be that money taking incident in a Bangladesh travel agency which worked up some slightly controversial feedback.

Where do I start with TAR22?... Dave & Connor deserve a second chance. That Achilles tendon injury was definitely a major disappointment. I would have loved to see Team Cancer Survivors race instead of limping through tasks with the crutches. :(

TAR23 is still under airtime so we'll have to find out and see. As for right now, Leo & Jamal and Travis & Nicole are seen on my radar. :)

On my list, not enough teams for an understandable reasoning for an all-stars season yet.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #371 on: October 05, 2013, 11:28:27 PM »
The Twinnies are 50/50 on going to be back since they entertained or annoyed the crap out of everyone that season, whether you love them or hate them. However, a setback would be that money taking incident in a Bangladesh travel agency which worked up some slightly controversial feedback.

Those are the most important reasons they should come back. Even if they're hated by some, that makes them more memorable (e.g. Romber in S11)
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #372 on: October 05, 2013, 11:40:49 PM »
Well I'm going to make my prediction for the teams that will race in Season 24 which I predict to be another All Stars, Could be a Redemption themed season.

Season 19
Bill & Cathi
Jeremy & Sandy

Season 20
Bopper & Mark

Season 21
James & Abba
Abbie & Ryan
Jaymes & James

Season 22
Dave & Connor
Pam & Winnie
Max & Katie

Season 23 *Based on what I think the result of the race is.
Nicole & Travis
Leo & Jamal

It's Clobbering Time!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #373 on: October 06, 2013, 04:56:34 AM »
OMG! I can't believe I forgot Ken & Gerard on my list! I was thinking of TAR3 teams and I'd love for Teri & Ian to have a go again, but I really think Mirna & Schmirna are the only ones that deserve a 3rd shot. Hehe. So I forgot the Oh Brothers.

TAR8 Weavers would be interesting.  I hated them their season, but of course, in hindsight, they were hilarious.  TAR was so cruel to them that season lol
But from TAR8, the Paolos would bring the most lolz.  And the Gaghan kids are now old enough to Race on their own which would be a pretty good storyline, though I think Mama and Papa Weaver racing would be a strong team.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #374 on: October 06, 2013, 04:59:08 AM »
I'm already seeing a Schmirna fight with the women from the new seasons like Twinnies/Katie/BB Rachel :lol:
lol

Schmirna goddesses vs. Art & JJ  :funny:

That would be epic! lol

Super All-Stars Season (with people that didn't had a 2nd chance yet)

Flo & Zach
Kelly & Jon
Ken & Gerard
Colin & Christie
DJ & Marion or someone from the Gaghan Family or Linda & Rolly Weaver
BJ & Tyler
Brook & Claire
Brendon & Rachel
Art & JJ
Natalie & Nadiya
Abbie & Ryan
Jaymes & James

Very solid list! I like it except for maybe BJ & Tyler hehe.