Author Topic: TAR Australia 6: Kelly & Georgia (Newlywed Teachers)  (Read 1945 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
TAR Australia 6: Kelly & Georgia (Newlywed Teachers)
« on: August 21, 2022, 07:35:00 PM »

Kelly & Georgia
Newlywed Teachers, QLD

Kelly and Georgia are newlyweds who are all about adventure. They have jumped out of planes, swam with sharks and climbed volcanoes. They love to travel, creating and posting videos about their journeys on YouTube. Together they have been to the Philippines three times, Indonesia twice and Singapore. Georgia has travelled throughout Europe and Asia, and Kelly has travelled to the USA and Asia. Both are used to being the leader due to their jobs as teachers, but when together, Georgia gives the directions, and Kelly takes the directions! They are extremely competitive and hate losing with a passion. Winning would help set up a life for themselves and a future family.

GET TO KNOW KELLY
Where have you lived?
I have lived most of my life in Australia. I was born on the Gold Coast and then moved overseas to England for a few years as my dad was a professional rugby league player. We then moved back to Australia and I lived in Bundaberg for a couple of years before returning to Brisbane.

What do you think will be your biggest advantage or strength in The Race?
My biggest advantage will definitely be my analytical, calculating mentality. I’m a maths teacher so I’m very good at identifying the steps needed to solve a problem, and then calculating a solution.

GET TO KNOW GEORGIA
What excites and scares you most about traveling?
Going to new places is the best feeling in the world. Getting lost without Google Maps scares me.

What is your proudest achievement in life?
Graduating university with a distinction and getting my first teaching job at a top private school on the Gold Coast, as well as already travelling to a number of places.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 01:50:03 AM by BourkieBoy »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR Australia 6: Kelly & Georgia (Newlywed Teachers)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 10:22:11 PM »
HUGE RFF WELCOME TO OUR LATEST MEMBERS!

SO very glad to welcome you both here!

:welcome2:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2023, 04:45:04 AM »
Welcome to the RFF Family Kelly & Georgia! You both were fantastic racers on the last season (a delight to watch, one of my favorite teams) and your contributions will be warmed welcomed here on this board!

Oh and also Kelly... go Blues!  :mas25

Offline KellyandGeorgia

• TAR AUS 6 VIP's!!
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2023, 05:59:10 PM »
Thanks legend! Stoked to finally officially be on here (and not just creeping)

Happy to answer any questions anyone has about our season!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2023, 06:00:49 PM »
Thanks legend! Stoked to finally officially be on here (and not just creeping)

Happy to answer any questions anyone has about our season!

I'll kick one off, thanks for showing up  :conf:

What were cool unaired tasks we didn't get to see?

Offline KellyandGeorgia

• TAR AUS 6 VIP's!!
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2023, 06:08:41 PM »
You honestly saw nearly every task we did! But heres the 3 you missed:

In Mexico leg 2 we did a boxing task where we had to learn 15 commands in spanish. The coach then would call them out and you had to perform them with no hesitation/delay. His accent was super thick and he yelled so fast, super tricky task! That was just before the U Turn.

In Turkey leg 3 we did a challenge on top of a hill where we had to create a small model of a wind turbine. It had to function well enough to actually create enough electricity to light a small bulb. This was one of the hardest challenges of the race because of how windy and cold it was. Peoples hands were going purple and a lot of teams were in a lot of pain!

In Belize leg 3 we did an intersection (worked with another team). We were in a field with 9 golf carts that had images on the roofs, 2 team members had to push the golf carts, while the other 2 had to use a drone to instruct them where to move the carts. The roofs of the carts were pieces to a puzzle of a palm tree image.

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2023, 11:53:18 PM »
You honestly saw nearly every task we did! But heres the 3 you missed:

In Mexico leg 2 we did a boxing task where we had to learn 15 commands in spanish. The coach then would call them out and you had to perform them with no hesitation/delay. His accent was super thick and he yelled so fast, super tricky task! That was just before the U Turn.

In Turkey leg 3 we did a challenge on top of a hill where we had to create a small model of a wind turbine. It had to function well enough to actually create enough electricity to light a small bulb. This was one of the hardest challenges of the race because of how windy and cold it was. Peoples hands were going purple and a lot of teams were in a lot of pain!

In Belize leg 3 we did an intersection (worked with another team). We were in a field with 9 golf carts that had images on the roofs, 2 team members had to push the golf carts, while the other 2 had to use a drone to instruct them where to move the carts. The roofs of the carts were pieces to a puzzle of a palm tree image.
Wow,  we definitely speculated about an intersection when we saw an intersection sign in Belize or something.  AND when it didn't air, we thought that maybe we had seen wrongly

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2023, 08:45:50 PM »
Hello Kelly & Georgia! It's so nice to speak with you, I always love talking with racers. I am the head of the wiki/database on this website, I track and document all the events and data from every race worldwide and I'm always striving to make it as perfect as possible! Thanks so much already for providing info on some unaired tasks, I will add those in soon.

Interestingly, it's always the seasons with minimal unknown data that seem to have racers willing to share, haha.. Despite the incredibly long length of your race, I think there's only a few major things we don't know... (I feel proud because our wiki for Turkey leg 3 talks about an 'unknown unaired task', and now I see you've confirmed that I was right, haha)

Would you be able to share who teamed up with who during this unaired Intersection? We track the partnerships of Intersections and include them in the results table.

The car-boat Roadblock in Turkey leg 3 is a weird one, because it was clearly a Roadblock (only one team member performed it and you can see red Roadblock clues everywhere), but they presented it as a normal Route Info task. So, by chance, would you happen to recall what the Roadblock prompt was for this task? (The question that gets asked before you decide who performs the task). We keep track of those as well.

We also have clue-by-clue leaderboards that are missing some data due to the large amount of teams and the show not always showing every single team starting and finishing each task, but that might be asking a bit much. Either way, any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!