Ep 2 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read post 1&2!!!**

<< < (23/23)

DavidJunior:

--- Quote from: Detoured on March 02, 2012, 05:10:08 AM ---
--- Quote from: apskip on March 01, 2012, 02:11:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: Detoured on February 27, 2012, 01:52:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: Declive on February 26, 2012, 08:37:17 PM ---
Art and JJ

They did very very well, or the detour was easy?

--- End quote ---

Bingo! These two doofuses took forever to even find their detour task, but luckily for them it was much quicker than boiling water (which everyone else chose) , so their dumb luck trumped their stupidity.

--- End quote ---

I wasn't these so I can really say, but my gut tells me that some DETOUR options are designed with a longer transportation option to offset a relativle short task. I think that is what happened here. That means that criticism of Art/JJ for difficulty finding the task site is unwarranted.

--- End quote ---

The narrative of the episode made it very clear that they were having difficulty finding the task. I saw nothing to suggest otherwise or that criticism of them floundering is unwarranted. The best you could do to give them the benefit of the doubt is say that maybe the edit that they got was a completely made up scenario.

--- End quote ---

But also calling them idiots for missing one turn is kind of ludicrous and over-the-top.  Having an opinion about a team and sharing it is one thing, but constantly attacking every word they say and action they make is another.  Also, them choosing the 'quicker' Detour wasn't DUMB LUCK, as you called it.  They know their strengths and weaknesses, and they knew that the more physically based task was the better choice for them, and it payed off.

Detoured:

--- Quote from: DavidJunior on March 03, 2012, 07:20:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: Detoured on March 02, 2012, 05:10:08 AM ---
--- Quote from: apskip on March 01, 2012, 02:11:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: Detoured on February 27, 2012, 01:52:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: Declive on February 26, 2012, 08:37:17 PM ---
Art and JJ

They did very very well, or the detour was easy?

--- End quote ---

Bingo! These two doofuses took forever to even find their detour task, but luckily for them it was much quicker than boiling water (which everyone else chose) , so their dumb luck trumped their stupidity.

--- End quote ---

I wasn't these so I can really say, but my gut tells me that some DETOUR options are designed with a longer transportation option to offset a relativle short task. I think that is what happened here. That means that criticism of Art/JJ for difficulty finding the task site is unwarranted.

--- End quote ---

The narrative of the episode made it very clear that they were having difficulty finding the task. I saw nothing to suggest otherwise or that criticism of them floundering is unwarranted. The best you could do to give them the benefit of the doubt is say that maybe the edit that they got was a completely made up scenario.

--- End quote ---

But also calling them idiots for missing one turn is kind of ludicrous and over-the-top.  Having an opinion about a team and sharing it is one thing, but constantly attacking every word they say and action they make is another.  Also, them choosing the 'quicker' Detour wasn't DUMB LUCK, as you called it.  They know their strengths and weaknesses, and they knew that the more physically based task was the better choice for them, and it payed off.

--- End quote ---

Give me a break! Them choosing the quicker task was absolutely complete dumb luck. If you like this team, that's fine, but don't try to represent their dumb luck as anything other than what it was... a lucky guess, but even  if they somehow did know that their task was more physical and the other one more mental (which seems unlikely from just what the clue said) , their choice would indicate that they recognize that they might not be smart enough to do the mental task, so what you are saying is that they were smart to recognize that they weren't very smart.  :lol:

Best Loser:
I figured that the reason they kept looking for the other detour is because they saw all the teams doing the one side. They probably knew that they wouldn't be able to gain much time on the other teams by doing exactly what everyone else was, and so they took a chance that the other side would be faster.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version