Author Topic: Best TAR Leg  (Read 36902 times)

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Best TAR Leg
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2012, 09:12:56 PM »
NEW ONE! TAR 20 Leg 3  :yess:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2012, 09:43:49 PM »
NEW ONE! TAR 20 Leg 3  :yess:

AGREED  :hrt:  :hrt:  :hrt:  :wohoo:  :conf:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2012, 10:44:34 PM »
My list of best TAR legs (based on design, events, etc., POST-TAR:AS)

TAR 20-03 (Asuncion, Paraguay) = obvious
TAR 19-04 (Phuket, Thailand) = even though it was very physical leg, I love it
TAR 18-01 (Sydney, Australia) = out of the box clues. One of the hardest (actually, it is the hardest!) starting legs in the entire series.
TAR 18-04 (Lijiang, China) = amazing display of Chinese landscape and culture.
TAR 17-02 (Accra, Ghana) = africa at its finest
TAR 17-03 (Accra, Ghana) = ditto
TAR 17-06 (St. Petersburg, Russia) = amazing detour
TAR 17-07 (St. Petersburg, Russia) = amazing leg
TAR 17-10 (Hong Kong, China) = amazing leg
TAR 16-05 (France) = the battle is amazing (but this one may be removed from this list)
TAR 15-01 (Tokyo, Japan) = even though the leg was disappointingly short, I love it (may be removed from this list)
TAR 15-12 (Las Vegas, Nevada, USA) = amazing leg, even though there is no final memory challenge
TAR 14-07 (Phuket, Thailand) = even though there is no RB and the FF is not aired, it still ranks as one of my favorites
TAR 14-08 (Bangkok, Thailand) = the detour is awesome
TAR 14-09 (Guilin, China) = amazing drama
TAR 14-11 (Beijing, China) = amazing drama
TAR 13-10 (Moscow, Russia) = amazing detour and roadblock
TAR 13-07 (Delhi, India) = amazing detour and roadblock
TAR 12-01 (Shannon, Ireland) = amazing drama
TAR 12-03 (Bingo, Burkina Faso)
TAR 12-04 (Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso)
TAR 12-12 (Anchorage, Alaska, USA) = BEST FINALE LEG DESIGN
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 12:06:26 AM by Cocoa »
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2012, 11:07:39 PM »
Not the best, but I really enjoyed the India leg in TAR13. The color splashing (Holi Festival) roadblock was really fun to watch. I would love to join in to those guys.
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2012, 02:29:10 AM »
Funny how the Singapore leg in TAR 16 remains to be the only one to feature a Roadblock, Detour, Fast Forward and U-TURN ever and the epic Carol and Brandy and Brent and Caite showdown but nobody remembers it. :lol:

That's actually a pretty good leg (and I'm going to watch it on Thursday :lol: ) and in terms of TAR16, I loved Legs 4, 6 and 7, but I hated the rest of the season, except for Leg 9, which was above average! :tup:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2012, 09:44:32 PM »
United States
Pennsylvania, TAR 8

North America
Montreal, TAR 8
Guatemala, TAR Latin America 2

Brazil and Argentina
Buenos Aires, TAR 5
Rio De Janeiro, TAR Latin America 2

South America
Asuncion, TAR20
Bolivia, TAR Latin America 2

Southern/Eastern Africa
Soweto, TAR 7
Port Elizabeth, TAR Australia 1

Northern/Western Africa
Giza, TAR 5

Western Europe/British Isles
Portugal, TAR 3

Central Europe/Scandinavia
Grindelwald, TAR 3

Eastern Europe/Russia
St. Petersburg 1, TAR 17
Karlstejn, TAR Asia 2

Middle East
Kuwait, TAR 10
Oman, TAR Asia 3

India
Mumbai, TAR 4
Kolkata/Delhi, TAR Asia 1

Other Central Asia
Sri Lanka, TAR 6
Sri Lanka, TAR Australia 1

South-East Asia
Singapore, TAR 16
Vietnam, TAR Australia 1

China
Shanghai, TAR 6
Beijing, TAR China Rush 1

Other Eastern Asia
Mongolia, TAR 10
Japan, TAR Asia 2

Oceania
TIE: Sydney, TAR 2; New Zealand, TAR 13
Rotorua, TAR Asia 2

The sad thing is most of these choices weren't even really close calls to make - I could have gone with Dhaka for Central Asia (although Azerbaijan will almost certainly beat both) and Manila for Eastern Asia, but the rest of them are pretty much set in stone.

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2012, 10:16:19 PM »
Funny how the Singapore leg in TAR 16 remains to be the only one to feature a Roadblock, Detour, Fast Forward and U-TURN ever and the epic Carol and Brandy and Brent and Caite showdown but nobody remembers it. :lol:

What's equally great is the finale of TAR16 with Carol & Brandy stealing the spotlight. And they have something to say :lol:
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline JordanJones123

• RFF Full Member
  • Jet and Cord should have won!
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2012, 09:28:40 AM »
From Recent Memory:

TAR 16: Leg 4 - I loved the whole leg! The fact that it was at night, had some cool challenges (including an intersection, soccer and an awesome eating challenge) and the beatles!

TAR 16: Leg 5 - Although there weren't to many challenges, I still think it had the coolest TAR detour ever, both to do with the war.

TAR 16: Leg 7 - The seychelles were picturesque, filled with drama and had some cool challenges.

TAR 16: Leg 9 - Singapore! I love the city having visited it, and this leg was awesome. as mentioned above, the only leg with a ff, roadblock, detour and uturn! and the challenges were cool, the locations were sick and there was drama.

TAR 17: Leg 4 - Snow! Some cool challenges aswell, and an unexpected elim.

TAR 17: Leg 7 - What more can be said! The challenges, the penalties, the drama!

TAR 18: Leg 1 - The awesome start challenge, the intense challenges, a visit to Australia!! Seeing some old favourites battle it out, some unexpected twists and such a high tempo start to an awesome season!

TAR 18: Leg 4 - One of my favourite things in TAR history, riding those yaks across that awesome waterfall! And the roadblock atop the mountain was cool, as was the drama. The uturn in the second part, the second roadblock was cool and just the whole leg was perfect!

TAR 18: Leg 9 - My fave team eliminated :( But a leg with a part at night, cool locations, sick challenges!

TAR 19: Leg 4 - The island hopping made great TV!

TAR 20: Leg 5 - Snow! Cool challenges, a bit of drama, all in all a good watch and a well constructed leg.

TAR 20: Leg 8 - Although the challenges weren't great, the drive through ngorogoro crater was amazing. A bit of drama in their with the u turns as well, and my team got the win!

Ill post my favourites from earlier seasons later on!

Jet and Cord are still the best!!! Bring them back!

'Maybe God didn't bless me so much with talent, but he gave me try'

Offline Daniel

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2013, 11:18:39 PM »
In a random order:

3 - Switzerland I
Loved the transportations used, Jill being on the boat when John Vito took the clue was smart, loved the money Detour, footrace to the pitstop was epic, Teri & Ian on the way to the pitstop was :lol:

All Stars - 2nd half of Poland leg
Auschwitz was heartwrenching, and then the sausage detour was LOL. Charla in a knight suit :lol:

4 - Malaysia II
Race to the FF was great, loved the FF too. When we thought they were over - all the sudden Kelly & Jon showed up and then it was a race, most intense race on TAR in my opinion -  between them and Millie & Chuck.. Loved, loved this leg.

20 - Japan
Best Japan leg until now. Loved the detour and roadblock, Hiroshima was also amazing.

5 - Phillippines II
A truly classic episode - I can't even explain how amazing it was. Even though I'm a CC fan, I admit this episode would've been way better if Bowling Moms beat them at the Roadblock.

4- South Korea
Airport drama, then the 2nd flight suddenly caught up to the 1st flight. Loved the Roadblock. Octopus was disgusting, Kelly & Jon's entertaining meltdown then winning 1st place :lol:

3 - Vietnam II
Had the best breakdown of TAR in my opinion, Basket Bikes was hilarious, EYE-ANNNN

22 - Amsterdam
Smart use of W Turn, loved the FF, very sad (and shocking) elimination of Abbie & Ryan.

6 - China II
Key roadblock <3333 Rebecca all the sudden got the key near 7 pm when Hayden took the penalty, Hayden's breakdown :lol: 2nd best after Flo's in my opinion. Then suddenly Aaron proposed to Hayden on the pit stop when she had a massive meltdown that day.

10 - Madagascar
Hated the challenges but loved the FF. First intersection ever. Dustin & Kandice beating the FF was epic - and shocking.

5 - Phillippines I
Phillippines on the list again. Chip & Kim's 'betrayal', CC meltdown, also - the most memorable quote ever on the race..... Do I even need to tell what quote it was? :lol:

Other great legs:
TAR 17 Bangladesh, TAR 18 Switzerland (both), and literally every leg on TAR 5.
TAR Canada: Vanessa & Celina
TAR 23: Tim & Marie, Nicky & Kim, Tim & Danny

She's really pissed that we're asking her because she has BUSINESS to do.

Offline Andre

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2013, 07:15:56 AM »
Some of my favorite are:
TAR 12 Final Leg
TAR 13 in Moscow, Russia, a leg before the Final 3. Nick & Starr easily passed all challenge and I even love the Speed Bump for Andrew and Dan
TAR 15 in Dubai, The first Dubai leg is one of my favorite. I like the transition between hot to cold
TAR 15 in Sweden, the switchback challenge is the real standout
TAR 16 in Germany I, Night race with mixed culture all around the challenge
TAR 16 in Seychelles, I hate about Cowboys arrived last, but overall it is an unpredictable one
TAR 17 in St. Petersburg
TAR 18, almost all of them are the real deal
TAR 19, 2 legs in Indonesia
TAR 19 in Panama
No one I think is in my tree... I mean it must be high alone

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2013, 11:14:08 PM »
Well I've only seen seasons 5-18 and season 22 so this is my list of favourite legs!

Season 5
Russia
Egypt 1
Phillippines 1 and 2

Season 6
Iceland
Sweden
Hungary
Sri Lanka
China II

Season 7
Peru
Argentina I
Botswana I
England
Jamaica
USA

Season 8
Let's skip this one..

Season 9
Greece
Oman
Australia I and II
Japan

Season 10
Vietnam I and II
Kuwait
Mauritius
Madagascar
Finland/Ukraine

Season 11
Argentina
Mozambique
Poland I and II
Malaysia

Season 12
Burkina Faso I and II
Croatia
Italy
USA

Season 13
Boliva
New Zealand
Cambodia
India II
Kazakhstan

Season 14
Switzerland
Russia I and II
USA

Season 15
Cambodia
UAE I and II
Netherlands
Sweden
USA

Season 16
Germany
France I and II
Seychelles
Singapore

Season 17
Ghana II
Norway
Russia I and II
Oman
Bangladesh

Season 18
Australia I and II
Japan
Austria
Switzerland I and II
Brazil

Season 22
Bora Bora I
New Zealand
Vietnam
Botswana II
Germany
Scotland
Ireland

It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2013, 11:18:01 PM »
Greece was a terrible leg. :lol: It the most idiotic Detour of all time and the roadblock wasn't that flash either.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2013, 11:29:13 PM »
Tar 8 Finale <3

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2013, 12:13:56 AM »
Greece was a terrible leg. :lol: It the most idiotic Detour of all time and the roadblock wasn't that flash either.

I thought it was a good leg but again it's just my opinion :P
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline aryanisetiawan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2013, 01:36:40 PM »
Amazing race 3
leg 11 ( vietnam I, ho chi minh city )
it was raining and flo got mad. everybody was pretty much confused with what they're supposed to do in the roadblock. and surprisingly, it was an elimination leg.

amazing race 6
leg 11 ( China II, Xi'an)
started at 8 in the morning and finished at 11 PM. the leg began with the easy detour, and going to terracotta warriors museum which was huge. some teams are confused with where the cluebox was. Aaron and Hayden's taxi sucked a lot, Hayden throws lots and lots of funny sarcastic in her meltdown. and the teams made their way to mount hua to face the ultimate challenge and the hardest challenge in the season. rebecca found the correct padlock as soon as hayden decided to quit. but aaron proposed her in the end. FLAWLESS LEG   :jam: :jam: :jam:

amazing race 11
leg 4 ( Argentina, Ushuaia )
the first time i cried seeing this show, when mirna while holding charla's arm said " let's do this together, let's beat the liars"
leg 8 ( Poland II, Krakow)
funny leg, charla in an armor suit, sausage task and my least favorite team got eliminated

Amazing race 12
leg 10 ( taiwan, taipei)
the leg's not that hard, if there hadn't been nathan and jennifer running this leg, this leg wouldn't have made it on this list. they hated TK and Rachel so much on that leg. but eventually they got eliminated, but in the end, they realized their mistakes and hug each other in chiang kai shek memorial plaza.

Amazing race 13
leg 7 ( India II, new delhi)
i was thinking which one is better, this leg or the penultimate leg ( moscow II), but i have to choose this one. the roadblock was very indian, detour was equally hard.

Amazing race 14
leg 10 ( China II, Beijing)
there are no words that could describe how much i loved this leg. i have become a dedicated fan of amazing race after watching these two episodes. the detour, roadblock, the pitstop also was perfect. this IMO the best leg ever.  :cheer: :cheer:

amazing race 16
leg 4 ( Germany, Hamburg)
i'm not an early leg lover, but this one really stood up. well placed intersection, equally doable deoutrs, drinking a boot of beer as the additional task, travelling with metro, and Beatles pitstop, very enjoyable leg
leg 9 ( Singapore )
i'm surprised nobody loved this leg. the Fast forward was amazing, roadblock was good, the drums detour was hilarious, i remember carol and brandy said the kid was on crack. The U turn brings decent drama. ziplining was great. pitstop location fits really well. pretty much tells you what singapore is all about

amazing race 17 ( they're all great legs i couldn't decide which is/are the best )

amazing race 18
leg 5  ( China, Kunming )
started in the early morning, very well made detours and well placed u turn, and What a roadblock this leg had. the roadblock brutally scrambled the placement of any teams.and such lovely pitstop location. this leg is followed by my another favourite leg which is
leg 6 ( India, Kolkata )
who would've thought that you have to find the same tea the you drink in China, in india. detours are okay but the roadblock just owned this leg. although Luke struggled and eventually eliminated  :'(

amazing race 19
leg 9 ( denmark and belgium )
Bodybuilding was hilarious and memorable, the roadblock was creative. don't love the season but love this leg

i don't like any legs in Amazing race 20 i still don't know why

Amazing race 21
leg 8 ( Russia, moscow )
continuing the ambiguous result of leg 7. detours are equal. and roadblock was hard and laughable. watching how teams directly add the time in moscow with the numbers in the timezone ( GMT ). and they just had no idea what they did wrong except for the smart gay goat farmers.

leg 12 ( USA, New york)
i think this is the best Final leg ever. i don't care what you want to say about me  :<3

amazing race 22
leg 4 ( Indonesia, Bali )
best indonesian leg so far. pretty much covers up bali. and with John and jessica elminated with an express pass

leg 9 ( Germany, Berlin)
it's a night leg  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:, base jumping was clever. if this was an elimination leg, and there's a uturn here. this could've been much better.

Offline Andre

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2013, 08:31:28 AM »
And I like Italy leg in S12 too
No one I think is in my tree... I mean it must be high alone

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2013, 10:45:13 AM »
The favourite leg last season was... Botswana Leg 1! <3

Loved the scorpion Roadblock which was memorable, the two Detours which tested skill and not luck... and an epic finish of 4 teams vying to avoid elimination! :)

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2013, 11:03:30 PM »
Not the best, but I really enjoyed the India leg in TAR13. The color splashing (Holi Festival) roadblock was really fun to watch. I would love to join in to those guys.
i actually participated in this on my college campus it is really fun..

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2013, 03:00:19 AM »
My favorite Asia leg is actually the Indonesian Leg 3 from TAR 19.

I just loved it because of the Roadblock <3

The Detour <3

Bill and Cathi tripping at the Detour <3

And so much more epic moments from an otherwise okay season.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2013, 09:07:05 AM »

The Detour <3

Cindy breakdown <3

Jennifer and her bike <3

Kaylani & Lisa and Liz & Marie randomly finished Detour in 3rd and 4th despite their harder side of Detour. <3

And they suddenly came in last and second to last </3
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2013, 03:26:31 PM »
I just was able to rewatch that episode and it was amazing! Surprisingly one of the few good linear legs! The Roadblock was of course fantastic! The difficulty was so :colors that all of the teams worked together, which made for great footraces! The positions from 3rd to 9th was completely shaken up and Amani & Marcus came behind from last! And the transition from urban chaos to the rural environment back to a chaotic tourist hotspot was awesome! And Borobudur is an amazing location! <3

Offline aryanisetiawan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2013, 05:33:22 AM »

Cindy breakdown <3

Jennifer and her bike <3

Kaylani & Lisa and Liz & Marie randomly finished Detour in 3rd and 4th despite their harder side of Detour. <3

:hearts: :hearts:
amazing race 19 was my very first season. i didn't know that two legs in one country is possible. i was so devestated that they ( in leg 2 ) went to Jogjakarta and completely skipped borobudur  :tantrum

but then They saved the best ( borobudur ) for the last challenge in Indonesia 

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2013, 05:37:42 AM »

The Detour <3

Cindy breakdown <3

Jennifer and her bike <3

IKR. I wanted it to be a NEL </3

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2013, 05:40:42 AM »
Oh yeah, another great TAR leg post Unfinished Business:

The TAR 22 Night Leg in Germany <3

Joey and Meghan 2nd <3

Maxie 1st <3

The hot dog greeter <3

The trains <3

The Jumping <3

Katie at that Roadblock <3

EVERYTHING IN THAT LEG <3

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2013, 09:33:19 AM »
I loved the design of that leg, but to me it wasn't very entertaining with only 5 teams. Teams were rather staggered out and there wasn't much competition among teams. I loved the tasks, but the drama wasn't there, except for the foot race to the Pit Stop. And Mona & Beth saved <3 I think this leg would be way better if there were like 8 or 9 teams.