The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Amazing Race coincidences/irony/karma/poetic justice

<< < (15/24) > >>

Mug Costanza:
Jason Case, one of the winners of TAR 23, owns a snow management company (plowing, de-icing, etc.) in Massachusetts. On the night the TAR23 finale aired, it snowed in Massachusetts. :)

Platrium:

--- Quote from: Platinum on November 19, 2013, 05:55:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: lutpayy on November 18, 2013, 10:06:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: Platinum on November 18, 2013, 07:58:49 AM ---TAR23:
2 EPs & 2 w-turns:
1 EP gets used on the detour of the leg with the w-turn.
The teams who used the EP never even attempted the detour.
The 2nd EP was given on the leg with the 1st w-turn.
Both teams who had the EP used their u-turn power on the 2nd w-turn.
The team that used the EP on that leg won the leg.
The recipient of the 1st u-turn finished 3rd to the last on those legs. (and it had the same recipient)
The team who received the 2nd u-turn was eliminated on that leg.
The team who finished between the 2 w-turn victims is the same team. :groan: :lol:

Did I miss any? :) Let me know. ;)

--- End quote ---

Interesting. I will add this, Jason/Amy is still sitting on the 2nd place those legs  :funny:

--- End quote ---

More to add here:
No one was eliminated on the legs before the w-turn.
On the legs before the w-turn, the bunnies arrived last.
Before finding out they were u-turned, at least one w-turn victim from each w-turn leg, switched detours.

--- End quote ---

I found another one:
The team who arrived 1st the leg before the w-turn switched detours and got u-turned. :xmas146

Platrium:
Jamy helping ER Docs is probably one of the best good karmas. :xmas146

toanglobal:

--- Quote from: Platinum on June 06, 2013, 03:24:58 AM ---TAR 17 & 22's w-turns (during the F5) had two teams using it and two different teams receiving it. (Leaving the w-turn board with 4 different pictures.) The team who eventually won the race u-turned the team that was eliminated on the w-turn leg. Of the 5 teams that were on the w-turn leg, the team whose picture wasn't on the w-turn board finished 4th.

--- End quote ---
In leg 7 of both ones,  both Chinese American (Michael/Kevin and Pam/Winnie) made a fatal errors lead to their eliminations!

Platrium:
For TAR24:
coincidences:
1.) 9th place curse does not exist.
2.) CaroJen NEL'd twice.
3.) YouTube experienced at least one cab problem in both their original season and the all-star season.
4.) Margie & Luke finishing in 8th twice.
5.) Globes finishing after sun down twice.
6.) Cowboys ending their race after getting U-turned twice.
7.) Afghanimals ending both of their races in 4th. They started both penultimate legs in 1st, but they got their final clues in last.
8.) Half of the teams (5.5) got the EP/won first on first leg either during their original season or this season.

irony:
1.) NaNa was from the 1st flight in Leg 1; however, they came in last that leg.
2.) Mark & Mallory were first to finish the roadblock in Leg 2; however, they came in lest that leg.
3.) Cowboys gave their 2nd EP to CaroJen, but CaroJen got further through the race than the Cowboys.
4.) Brenchel finishing last in the finale, despite their location advantage.
5.) JJ finished the detour first in Leg 7, yet they arrived last on that leg's pit stop.
6.) Afghans finished the ARI in Leg 11 first, but they finished that leg in last.

1.) Dave & Connor using their U-turn power too early.

Did I miss any? :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version