The Amazing Race > The Racers

TAR 20: Art Velez and J.J. Carrell *Border Patrol Agents*

<< < (47/49) > >>

Jobby:
Rather boring than troublesome!

Boring teams may be because of editing too, if you want to put it that way if Art and JJ's negativeness was due to bad edit??

Art and JJ's scenario and POV:
1 When they are leading: THE OTHER TEAMS SUCK.
2. When we are in the back and not leading the pack: WE SUCK, BUT THE OTHER TEAMS STILL SUCK. WHY DO ALL THEM UNDESERVING TEAM MANAGE TO BEAT US?

:gaah: :crazy:

starrynight:
You need a balance of likeable and less likeable teams.  But if it just has boring teams, like maybe AR2, then I can't really be bothered watching it.

Alenaveda:

--- Quote from: Joab on June 11, 2012, 10:05:15 AM ---Rather boring than troublesome!

Boring teams may be because of editing too, if you want to put it that way if Art and JJ's negativeness was due to bad edit??

Art and JJ's scenario and POV:
1 When they are leading: THE OTHER TEAMS SUCK.
2. When we are in the back and not leading the pack: WE SUCK, BUT THE OTHER TEAMS STILL SUCK. WHY DO ALL THEM UNDESERVING TEAM MANAGE TO BEAT US?

:gaah: :crazy:

--- End quote ---

Agree.  I'm rewatching the episodes because I'm editing the spanish subtitles for our fan group in spanish, and that is absolutely true. 

Jobby:
IKR?? :res:

Worst team ever. Even much more worst than BJ and Tyler, at least they were truly funny at times.

Topita:

--- Quote from: starrynight on June 13, 2012, 09:30:26 AM ---You need a balance of likeable and less likeable teams.  But if it just has boring teams, like maybe AR2, then I can't really be bothered watching it.

--- End quote ---
True, but to be honest (and I know I am possibly not speaking for the majority here..) I wasn't too keen on many of the teams of TAR20.
I'm not a BB fan and Rachel kind of annoyed me with her whining and insecurities all the time. Shame because they could have been an entertaining & nice enough team without all the (passive agressive) drama.

Same applies to Vanessa, though it was more bitchy behavior I thought. I definitely wasn't rooting for Art & JJ either.
Nor was I a big fan of the other Rachel & Dave but well, not many options left really.  :duno:

I think the FBI agents were ok but they probably thought they'd do better in the Race so they didn't do well enough to root for. But couples like the clowns that just would be out immediately, and I suppose the twins who on paper seemed promising didn't make it - so we were stuck with more of the 'not so nice' teams which seemed a little out of balance.
I agree that you need a mix but I do think it's getting a bit lopsided, or was at least in TAR21, with bitchy people dominating the scene, which didn't always make for interesting tv. I found it hard to root for people like that, whether that's in part due to edit or not.  :duno:

So I hope they have a somewhat better & more 'balanced' selection for TAR21.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version