Author Topic: American Idol Season 11  (Read 36093 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: American Idol Season 11
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2012, 09:40:58 AM »
Just listened to Erika and I really liked her voice!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2012, 09:47:36 AM »
Wow. Shannon's bad. -_-

After that performance, she really has nothing.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2012, 09:40:34 PM »
If Shannon bombs again, she'll be toast this week. I don't believe VFTW can save singers anymore. (I so hope I don't have to eat my words..)  :lol:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2012, 09:49:18 PM »
WELL!!!!! Well - well - well!  Breaking news!

'American Idol' Contestant Jermaine Jones Disqualified From Competition
Jones was disqualified for concealing “multiple crimes” and is expected to exit the show during Wednesday’s broadcast.
6:54 PM PDT 3/13/2012 by Michele Amabile Angermiller

Jermaine Jones has been disqualified from further participation on American Idol after it was discovered that he concealed "multiple crimes," THR's Idol Worship has learned.

Jones announced his departure on Twitter, tweeting, "Awww I will no longer b on the show."

Jones was charged with two crimes in 2011, one involving violence, according to TMZ. In both arrests, Jones gave a fake name to police. He additionally did not reveal to producers that he has outstanding warrants.

Jones departure will pan out in dramatic fashion on Wednesday night's broadcast.

Fox had no comment.

Source: Hollywood Reporter

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2012, 09:55:12 PM »
Jermaine Jones Will Be Kicked Off 'American Idol'

Jermaine Jones will be kicked off "American Idol" Wednesday night, after producers learned he concealed the fact that he was arrested twice last years and has outstanding warrants ... TMZ has learned.

As we first reported, producers discovered Tuesday that Jermaine had lied about his criminal history and that triggered the decision to confront him on camera Tuesday afternoon.

We're told one of the incidents involved violence, which was particularly troublesome to producers.  He also lied to cops by giving them fake names both times he was arrested.

"A.I." sources tell us ... Jermaine will appear on the show tomorrow night before he is sent packing.

Over the last few days, we've been reporting that Jermaine told producers his father abandoned him 10 years ago, but his dad called TMZ and called B.S. on his son, saying they see each other regularly.

Jermaine began tweeting that he never told producers about his dad abandoning him.  We're told the producers -- who knew Jermaine had made the statement -- became generally suspicious and began looking more closely at his background, and that's what led to the revelation of his criminal history.

Source: TMZ

Offline Alfwin

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2012, 12:53:07 AM »
It really does not matter if he goes earlier or later, even if he stays; he will be gone before the Top 10.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2012, 03:37:11 AM »
Wow, and they called him the GENTLE Giant. I'm glad he's leaving the show actually. I never did root for him and didn't think the judges should have brought him back... I wonder if anyone will be eliminated this week then.

And I don't think Shannon will remain as the VFTW pick. She butchered the song because of a poor song choice, but as long as she wises up with that and doesn't be over-ambitious, she should be fine... Hopefully!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2012, 07:43:57 AM »
Ok one more guy leaving = higher chance of a girl winner after like 845975984769845679854678 seasons. :res:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2012, 10:57:16 AM »
I agree, I think this is the year one of the girls win, I see them as stronger than any of the guys.  :tup:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2012, 12:02:11 PM »
Even worse news for Jermaine and AI.

"Idol" Finalist Has Five Active Arrest Warrants
Jermaine Jones expected to be booted for hiding criminal record

MARCH 14--The “American Idol” contestant expected to be booted from the show tonight is the subject of five outstanding arrest warrants in New Jersey, The Smoking Gun has learned.

Jermaine Jones, 25, is wanted in three separate counties for failing to appear in court on a variety of criminal charges dating back to 2006, according to court records. His two most recent arrests came last year in Camden County, where he works as a vocal instructor.

The oldest warrant stems from a 2006 narcotics bust in Salem County. Jones’s next collar came in 2008 in Woodbury, where he was cited on an open container charge. In 2009 he was nabbed for providing cops with a false name in Winslow Township.

Jones's first arrest in 2011 came in March, when he provided a cop with the false name "Joel Jones" to "avoid being apprehended on outstanding warrants for his arrest," according to a criminal complaint. He was nabbed in late-November for again giving false information to a police officer. This time, he claimed to be "Kareem D. Watkins" in "an attempt to avoid arrest for numerous outstanding warrants for his arrest," according to a Municipal Court criminal complaint.

In a Twitter post last night, Jones reported, “Awww I will no longer b on the show.” While he did not expound further on his departure from the Fox TV hit, he apparently has been bounced for failing to disclose his arrest history to the show’s producers.

Jones was one of the final dozen competitors on the program.

Source: The Smoking Gun

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2012, 12:06:03 PM »
Umm, how did the show not find that out until now? :stare

And he went on a national television program knowing that he has these warrants!? Oh brother.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2012, 03:56:38 PM »
Woah! What a shocker!
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2012, 06:27:45 PM »
I don't know how he could think someone wouldn't find out. Apparently he gave the producers a sob story about his dad abandoning him and the father came forward and said he had been in his life and was in the audience last week which was the beginning of the end.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2012, 03:09:02 AM »
Umm, how did the show not find that out until now? :stare

And he went on a national television program knowing that he has these warrants!? Oh brother.

I think Idol wanted to trust their contestants and give the benefit of the doubt. ALSO, it amazes me how fame can result in somebody in actually "coming out from hiding".

And he doesn't even seem apologetic about it. -_-

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2012, 03:30:44 AM »
Top 12 result by the way, I'm sorry about that I'm late post.

Phillip Phillips – “Hard To Handle” by Black Crowes – 1991 – Phillip was a premie. When he was a month old doctors discovered he had a dead bowel and he almost died. Yikes. Phil was feeling like crap at his mentoring session because he was having kidney stone surgery later in the day. Will and Jimmy thought he nailed it anyway. Phil goes guitarless! And he survives. He growled his way through the performance, but it worked for him, He worked it out, as Randy would say. I still don’t like his voice, but tonight it was less annoying than usual. Randy was impressed. “You sound amazing.” He thinks the song would make a great single. Jennifer says, “It’s so natural for you–Great song for you. Perfect.” Steven likes that he picks songs that match his voice and character. “Watch your melody,” says Steven, “Keep it up, man.” – 1-866-436-5701

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MlvXFmHVKb8

Jessica Sanchez – Turn The Beat Around by Gloria Estafan – 1995 – Jimmy and Will are impressed with her professionalism and cool head. Will calls her a “swaggernaught”! Jessica doesn’t stay on the beat perfectly, but it’s a tough song–rhythmic and fast. It could have been a trainwreck, but she pulls it off. What bothers me more, though, is that I’m still not getting a sense of exactly who Jessica is. She’s like this little machine—wind her up and there she goes—like she’s on auto pilot. The judges criticize Jessica for singing behind the beat. They feel she chose the wrong song—like they want her to sing ballads every week. NO. Randy says she needs to work on her vibrato. Jessica says she didn’t have much to choose from on her list of songs. Granted, it wasn’t the greatest song choice for her, but don’t doom her to ballads every week. She’s capable of more. – 1-866-436-5702

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=huaUDwEo_AM

Heejun Han – “Right Here Waiting” by Richard Marx – 1989 – Heejun’s parents are so cute! They speak in Korean with subtitles. Mom says he gets his humor from her. Jimmy and Will help Heejun with his diction. Heejun asks for Fergie’s number. Har. This is not a good performance. Every one of his vocal flaws was on display here. Pitchy in spots, super breathy throughout, still with the diction issues and a lack of power—the performance was like very bad karaoke. I hope there’s enough good will amongst viewers to get him through for at least another week. I really want to see him on tour. Randy calls him out on his pitch and breath problems. He wants Heejun to go more urban. Jennifer refused to critique him. “I felt your heart in the song,” says Jlo, “in the end I really loved it.” Heejan points out his pretty girlfriend in the audience. – 1-866-436-5703

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxoSxqGHjJw&feature=player_embedded

Elise Testone – “Let’s Stay Together” by Al Green (Tina Turner cover) – 1983 – Will loves her rasp and her vibrato, but suggests she smile. “Tonight when I take the stage,’ people are going to be making babies,” giggles Elise. Oh look. Elise is duetting with Obama, via the magic of editing!  Elise puts her super-raspy spin on this tune. I loved most of it–she’s got great phrasing, but she overcooked some of the lines. Sometimes it’s cool just to sing a song straight. But she gave the song her own unique spin, which I appreciate. I’d rather listen to an imperfect, but unique vocal rather than to someone who hits every note but puts me to sleep. The judges feel like she redeemed herself totally this week. I’m relieved, because I want to see her on tour this summer. I only wish she had performed a little later in the lineup. “America, Elise is back,” declares Randy. – 1-866-436-5704

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAlaEn9oFiA&feature=player_embedded

Deandre Branckensick – “Endless Love” – 1994 – Initially, Deandre wanted to sing “Can You Feel the Love” but Will and Jimmy didn’t like it. They convince him to pick another song and for some reason I can’t fathom, they pick “Endless Love” which I associate with Diana and Lionel and the early 80’s. There were no other songs from that year suitable for Deandre? Really? Will yammers on about mastering and blastering through the competition. Or something. He needs to GTFO, because this proves to be a terrible song choice for Deandre. He warbles his way pitchily through the song. He’s trying, but it’s a dumb, drab tune. He hits a few clunkers, especially in his upper register. I suggested a Prince song for Deandre. There were so many dope urban songs from that year he could have picked. It’s ridiculous. The judges openly disagree with Jimmy and Will, hating on the song choice. “Jimmy steered you wrong,” says Jlo. “It wasn’t you.” Randy calls the song choice, “boring and safe.” Deandre says finding a song was hard. He had been dreading this theme since the beginning of the season. – 1-866-436-5705

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yNR0BBYlOb4

Shannon Magrane – “One Sweet Day” by Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men – 1995 – Jimmy wanted Shannon to sing No Doubt’s “Don’t Speak” and despite admitting that she had a long creative list of songs to choose from—after Jimmy plays her a bunch of songs from his Vivid phone (PRODUCT PLACEMENT!) she chooses a tired Mariah Carey song. OY. They suggest she practice the song lying down to work on her breathing. She’s pitchy, and her phrasing is dull, she tries for some Mariah Carey-like high notes, and doesn’t quite nail them. She’s got no style or flavor. BORING. And I get now why she picked this song. It’s about God and heaven. Guess she’ll be sticking around for another week. The judges were scared for her, but thought she did a great job. Randy couldn’t get by without dropping his very special relationship with Mariah. They call her fearless. REALLY? Jlo and Randy are under the impression that the contestants have “thousands” of songs to choose from. In reality, they were probably handed a very short list of songs. – 1-866-436-5706

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2T2q3kHBZU&feature=player_embedded

Colton Dixon – Broken Heart by White Lion – 1991 – Aw. Colton and Chris Daughtry are twitter pals. They went out to dinner last week. I don’t have a problem with contestants singing obscure songs. But if they do, they better be killer. This tune, which sounds only vaguely familiar to me—is mediocre. I’m not going to remember it 2 seconds after I heard it. The upside is that was the most consistent vocal I’ve ever heard Colton deliver. Now he needs to combine the two—a killer song choice combined with a consistent vocal. At this point, Colton would have to screw up pretty badly to be in danger. His angsty “rock” is very appealing to the adult females that make up Idol’s core audience. Jennifer called Colton “a lover”. “You look pretty when you sing,” she says. Steven didn’t like it, “Wrong song for your voice and your passion.” Randy doesn’t think the song mattered—I was paying attention to you. What?!? – 1-866-436-5707

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YufDq0Bo0UI

Erika Van Pelt – “Heaven” by Bryan Adams – 1985 – I’m not sure the song needed all those “cool” little “breaks” Jimmy suggested. The arrangement messed with the flow of the melody. Combined with the 1:30 edit, the overall feel was disjointed. I still love Erika’s smokey alto, although she didn’t sound as effortless as usual. I’m glad she didn’t sing at the top of the performance order, or she would have been in real trouble. The judges thought the arrangement was “too busy”. Jlo compares her to Janis Joplin. “I feel you coming together as an artist,” says Jlo. For Randy, it was 8 out of 10. Randy thought she over sang it and basically tells her not to take bad advice from Jimmy. 1-866-436-5708

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rAEcp3UZ5GY

We’ve finally come to the time in the program when Ryan reveals who was disqualified last night. Of course those paying attention already know it’s Jermaine Jones. I’m not sure witnessing a GOTCHA moment on camera is necessary. But oh heck, we’ve got some time to kill if Jermaine won’t be singing. Ken and Nigel sit down with the embattled finalist and begin ratting off the criminal charges against him from a sheet. Jermaine seems a little confused. Ken says there were 4 active warrants and explains if Jermaine had come clean in the beginning the show could have helped him. Jermaine’s explanation for why he lied comes off as disingenuous—especially his description of what went down when he was arrested for disorderly conduct. “I fell down the stairs and the cops came.” WHAT? When Ken and Nigel press him, he admits he had a disagreement with a friend, but there was no violence. Nigel explains that they can’t allow people on the show with outstanding warrants. Ken says “We have to let you go.” Just so we know, there’s a clip of Jermaine singing his song choice, “Somewhere Out There” from rehearsal as he leaves the premises in a car. “That’s the best we ever heard you,” says Ken. Bah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbM8D0gCAaQ&feature=player_embedded

Skylar Laine – “Love Sneakin’ Up On You” by Bonnie Raitt – 1994 – “Y’all are being mean!” says Skyler to the judges. It was really hard picking the songs this week, she says. Still, don’t bitch out the judges for doing their job! Jimmy doesn’t like Skyler’s song choice, so he has her consider a bunch of different tunes she’s never heard of–but in the end she sticks with Bonnie. Will wants her to sing Coolio. I’d kill to see that. The performance is a little shouty, but Skyler has great stage presence. I loved the way she jammed with the backup singers. This week’s performance felt a little forced, like she’d never sing this song if she didn’t have to. It seems to be a pattern tonight. “We do you guys a disservice if we’re not honest with you,” says Jlo. What, like all last season? Nevertheless, Jlo says she killed it. Randy liked it too. – 1-866-436-5709

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-O-V9VRU5hU

Joshua Ledet – “When a Man Loves a Woman” by – 1992 – Ryan brings Joshua a mess of crawfish from Louisiana. They look yummy! Not too many notes from the team. Joshua is perfect. He brings the house down. It’s the best performance of the night, simply. Joshua has got this incredible soulful rasp and he sings like he means it. Really means it. He knows how to hit a high note, or add a frill WHERE IT COUNTS. His phrasing never sounds gratuitous or like showboating. He’s incredible. And he works the stage—stripping his jacket off at just the right time—like the reincarnation of James Brown. The judges give him a standing ovation. Jlo is screaming. She says it’s the best Idol performance she’s ever heard ever. OK, I wouldn’t go that far. But it’s definitely one of the best. “You gave it up so big, God came through your eyes,” says Steven. 1-866-436-5710

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x-X4WkJBv5U

Hollie Cavanagh – “The Power of Love” – 1993 – Oh Hollie’s dad is so cute, pretending he’s got something in his eye when he tears up talking about her. Hollie has a fantastic voice—a really strong instrument. I love her tone. She says now is the time not to play it safe. But isn’t choosing a big cheesy Celine Dion ballad doing exactly that? If she comes out and sings big boring ballads every week, she’s going to get Pia’d. Yes, she can hit those notes—mostly–but so what? I just have the feeling Hollie’s got more going on, and I wish she’d show it. The judges note a few pitch problems, but overall great notes. Randy notes she’s got “more swag than that” but she blew it out the box. Please show your swag, Hollie. Do it soon – 1-866-436-5711

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-11-top-12-recap-videos-and-photos.htm
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2012, 03:31:48 AM »
http://www.mjsbigblog.com/wednesday-ratings-idol-down-from-last-week-on-track-to-beat-the-voice.htm

@AmericanIdol was the No. 1 program last night in A18-49 (5.3/15), A18-34 (3.6/12-tie w/ Modern Family) & Total Viewers (17.9 million)

Idol beat last night’s No. 2 program in A18-49 by +20% (5.3/15 vs. 4.4/12, Modern Family) & by +56% in Total Viewers (17.9m vs. 11.5m, CSI)

Last night, #FOX won its ninth consecutive Wednesday night among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34 and Total Viewers #AmericanIdol #Season11

FOX American Idol (8-10p) 5.3 15 17.877

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2012, 03:32:38 AM »
American Idol Will Continue With 2 Hour Performance Shows in April

American Idol was originally scheduled to cut back to 90 minute performance episodes on April 4 to make way for I Hate My Teenaged Daughter. The half hour sitcom is fairing so poorly in it’s current Tuesday night slot, that FOX has decided to push the series out to the summer (it will likely be cancelled shortly due to poor ratings).

Now, Idol will air 2 hour Wednesday episodes of American Idol throughout the month of April. How they are going to fill up 120 minutes worth of show as the number of contestants dwindle is something I don’t want to contemplate at the moment. Nigel Lythgoe and Ken Warwick are probably devising new ways to torture us with filler as we speak.

I remember the old days…maybe Season 7 and prior–the episodes would cut back to 90 minutes at Top 9 or 10.  At Top 8 or so, they would cut back to an hour.  During Season 5–Idol’s most popular season ratings wise–there were hour-long performance shows and 30 minute results.  THINK ABOUT THAT FOX.

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-will-continue-with-2-hour-performance-shows-in-april.htm

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2012, 03:33:39 AM »
Top Ten Finalists Announces for “American Idol 2012″

SHANNON MAGRANE IS ELIMINATED ON “AMERICAN IDOL”

TOP 10 PERFORM LIVE

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, ON FOX

Lana Del Rey and Season 10 Finalist Haley Reinhart

to Perform on Next Results Show Thursday, March 22

Shannon Magrane was eliminated tonight on AMERICAN IDOL after she received the fewest votes among the finalists. On Wednesday’s dramatic performance show, in which contestants sang songs from the year they were born, it was revealed that Jermaine Jones was disqualified. On tonight’s results show, Demi Lovato sang her latest hit “Give Your Heart A Break” and Daughtry returned to the IDOL stage and performed their megahit “Outta My Head.”

Next week, on Wednesday, March 21 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), the Top 10 – DeAndre Brackensick, Hollie Cavanagh, Colton Dixon, Heejun Han, Skylar Laine, Joshua Ledet, Phillip Phillips, Jessica Sanchez, Elise Testone and Erika Van Pelt – will take to the IDOL stage to perform songs of Billy Joel for America’s votes!

Tune in the following night, Thursday, March 22 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) to the live results show to find out which Top 10 finalist is sent home. In addition, Lana Del Ray will take the stage and perform her latest hit “Video Games” and Season 10 IDOL finalist, Haley Reinhart will return to perform her new single “Free.”

http://tvpressfeed.com/2012/03/top-ten-finalists-announces-for-american-idol-2012/

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
  • SKRILLEX.....VS.....MOZART!!!!
« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2012, 03:54:10 AM »
Happy that Haley's making a epic return!  :luvya:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2012, 03:57:29 PM »
Billy Joel night with P Diddy mentoring!! Hope they all do well tonight!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2012, 04:40:17 PM »
“American Idol” Loses Erika Van Pelt as Contestants Drop to Nine

ERIKA VAN PELT ELIMINATED ON “AMERICAN IDOL”

TOP NINE FINALISTS SING SONGS FROM THEIR OWN IDOLS

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28, ON FOX

Nicki Minaj and Season 10 Winner Scotty McCreery

to Perform on Next Results Show Thursday, March 29

Erika Van Pelt was eliminated tonight on AMERICAN IDOL after she received the fewest votes among the finalists. On tonight’s results show, Lana Del Rey performed her smash hit “Video Games” and Season 10 alum Haley Reinhart returned to the IDOL stage to debut her new single, “Free.”

Next week, on Wednesday, March 28 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), the Top Nine – DeAndre Brackensick, Hollie Cavanagh, Colton Dixon, Heejun Han, Skylar Laine, Joshua Ledet, Phillip Phillips, Jessica Sanchez and Elise Testone – return to the IDOL stage to sings songs from their own Idols.

Tune in the following night, Thursday, March 29 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) to the live results show to find out which of the Top Nine finalists is sent home. In addition, Nicki Minaj will take the stage and perform her megahit “Starships” and Season 10 IDOL winner and platinum-selling country artist Scotty McCreery will return to perform his newest single, “Water Tower Town.”

Become a fan of AMERICAN IDOL on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanIdol. Follow the series on Twitter @AmericanIdol and join the discussion at #Idol. Also, follow host Ryan Seacrest at @RyanSeacrest, and follow the judges: @yo_randyjackson; @JLo; and @iamstevent.

AMERICAN IDOL is produced by 19 Entertainment, a division of CKX, Inc. and FremantleMedia North America, Inc. The series is created and executive-produced by Simon Fuller, CEO, XIX Entertainment, and executive-produced by Cecile Frot-Coutaz, CEO, FremantleMedia North America, Inc.; Ken Warwick, Executive Producer, FremantleMedia North America, Inc.; and Nigel Lythgoe, CEO, Nigel Lythgoe Productions.

See what happens every Thursday when the show ends, but the cameras keep rolling, as the eliminated finalist says an emotional goodbye and exits the IDOL stage. Visit www.americanidol.com for this exclusive insider’s view each week after the West Coast broadcast of the results show, as well as for exclusive videos, interviews, photos and special behind-the-scenes information.

Fans should check out FOX Super Perks for amazing once-in-a-lifetime experiential prizes with their favorite FOX show. This month, IDOL fans can enter for a chance to win a trip for two to attend an AMERICAN IDOL live performance show. For more details on the AMERICAN IDOL Performance Sweepstakes, please visit www.fox.com/superperks.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2012, 04:41:18 PM »
Eight Contestants Remain On “American Idol 2012″

HEEJUN HAN ELIMINATED ON “American Idol”

TOP EIGHT FINALISTS SING SONGS FROM THE EIGHTIES

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 4, ON FOX

The Wanted to Perform and Jennifer Lopez To

Premiere Her New Music Video “Dance Again”

on Next Results Show Thursday, April 5

Heejun Han was eliminated tonight on American Idol after he received the fewest votes among the finalists. On tonight’s results show, Nicki Minaj took the stage and performed her megahit “Starships” and Season 10 IDOL winner and platinum-selling country artist Scotty McCreery returned to perform his newest single, “Water Tower Town.” After McCreery’s performance, Jimmy Iovine presented him with a platinum record signifying sales of more than one million units for his debut album “Clear As Day.”

Next week, on Wednesday, April 4 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), the Top Eight – DeAndre Brackensick, Hollie Cavanagh, Colton Dixon, Skylar Laine, Joshua Ledet, Phillip Phillips, Jessica Sanchez and Elise Testone – return to the IDOL stage to tackle the songs of the eighties.

Tune in the following night, Thursday, April 5 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) to the live results show to find out which of the Top Eight finalists is sent home. In addition, The Wanted will perform their Smash hit “Glad You Came” and superstar and American Idol judge Jennifer Lopez will premiere her new music video for “Dance Again.”

American Idol is produced by 19 Entertainment, a division of CKX, Inc. and FremantleMedia North America, Inc. The series is created and executive-produced by Simon Fuller, CEO, XIX Entertainment, and executive-produced by Cecile Frot-Coutaz, CEO, FremantleMedia North America, Inc.; Ken Warwick, Executive Producer, FremantleMedia North America, Inc.; and Nigel Lythgoe, CEO, Nigel Lythgoe Productions.

See what happens every Thursday when the show ends, but the cameras keep rolling, as the eliminated finalist says an emotional goodbye and exits the IDOL stage. Visitwww.americanidol.com for this exclusive insider’s view each week after the West Coast broadcast of the results show, as well as for exclusive videos, interviews, photos and special behind-the-scenes information.

http://tvpressfeed.com/2012/03/eight-contestants-remain-on-american-idol-2012

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2012, 04:42:00 PM »
Seven Contestants Remain on “American Idol 2012″

DEANDRE BRACKENSICK ELIMINATED ON “American Idol”

TOP SEVEN FINALISTS PERFORM LIVE

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, ON FOX

Jennifer Hudson with Ne-Yo and Rick Ross

Plus Season 10 Finalist James Durbin to Perform

on Next Results Show Thursday, April 12

DeAndre Brackensick was eliminated tonight on American Idol after he received the fewest votes among the finalists. On tonight’s results show, The Wanted sang their latest hit “Glad You Came,” and Kellie Pickler returned to the IDOL stage to perform her newest single, “Where’s Tammy Wynette.” In addition, superstar and American Idol judge Jennifer Lopez premiered her new music video for “Dance Again.”

Next week, on Wednesday, April 11 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), the Top Seven – Hollie Cavanagh, Colton Dixon, Skylar Laine, Joshua Ledet, Phillip Phillips, Jessica Sanchez and Elise Testone – return to the IDOL stage to perform for America’s votes.

Tune in the following night, Thursday, April 12 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), to the live results show to find out which Top Seven finalist is sent home. In addition, American Idol Season Three finalist and Academy Award and Grammy Award winner Jennifer Hudson along with Ne-Yo and Rick Ross perform their new single, “Think Like a Man,” and American Idol Season 10 finalist James Durbin performs his new song, “Higher Than Heaven.”

http://tvpressfeed.com/2012/04/seven-contestants-remain-on-american-idol-2012/

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2012, 04:42:52 PM »
American Idol was down six tenths to a 3.8 adults 18-49 rating

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/thursday-ratings-idol-slumps.htm

by the way, I'm sorry and I'm not much post with American Idol. It's kinda late post.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2012, 07:41:57 AM »
So Jlo and Steven Tyler have already jumped ship leaving only Randy (of course) with two more new partners again. When are they going to put this show out of its misery? :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.