Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 605102 times)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #225 on: January 02, 2012, 04:36:07 AM »
What If the Bowling Moms made the final three instead of Colin and Christie.. will Chip and Kim still have won?

I think they will - unless the Bowling Moms were on that early flight as well. :cmas5
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #226 on: January 11, 2012, 04:31:09 AM »
What if Linda had soared down with Mel? Or what if the wind took hours to change?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #227 on: January 11, 2012, 08:28:49 AM »
What if Linda had soared down with Mel? Or what if the wind took hours to change?

Interesting!! :tup:

In the first scenario, Steve & Linda would've beaten out Christie & Jodi. They would still survive the next leg as well, due to Brad & Victoria's flight. However, I think Steve & Linda would leave in Krasnoyarsk, which would save Amanda & Kris. Then Kisha & Jen are Speed Bumped in Novosibirsk, but I think Mark & Michael go home in India. Mel & Mike leave on the first Thailand leg, and Kisha & Jen are Speed Bumped on the second Thailand leg. Then I think Jaime & Cara would leave in Guilin, leaving a Final Four of Margie & Luke, Amanda & Kris, Kisha & Jen and Tammy & Victor. Now, since Amanda & Kris are still alive (and possibly may have won a few legs in the process) Tammy & Victor might target them at the U-Turn instead of Kisha & Jen, but that is difficult to predict, so I won't hazard a guess from that point on.

In the second scenario, Mel & Mike would assumably leave, although Steve & Linda would be given some sort of penalty for Linds jumping into somebody's car to go down the mountain. Brad & Victoria still go next, but once again, I would hazard a guess that Steve & Linda leave in Krasnoyarsk. Then, Christie & Jodi are still Speed Bumped in Novosibirsk and eliminated in India, but it will be Kisha & Jen who go home in Phuket. Mark & Michael are Speed Bumped in Bangkok and eliminated in Guilin. This leaves a Final Four of Jaime & Cara, Margie & Luke, Amanda & Kris and Tammy & Victor, and once again, I won't predict what would happen next, because Tammy & Victor could have U-Turned any one of those teams, as they were all very strong. :duno:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #228 on: January 12, 2012, 03:27:35 AM »
As of what they said, T/V, J/C & M/L stated in the very first legs that they'd be pleased to be together in the final three, and so, I think they'd U-Turn Amanda & Kris, making the same final we had on the race.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #229 on: January 12, 2012, 04:21:45 AM »
What if the race had 12 legs and not 11 and the first Beijing leg was non-elimination? Would Tammy/Vic still have U-turned Kisha/Jen knowing that they have a Speed Bump (some task like say pouring tea at the detour location) and would Jamie/Cara survive.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #230 on: January 12, 2012, 05:09:11 AM »
What if the race had 12 legs and not 11 and the first Beijing leg was non-elimination? Would Tammy/Vic still have U-turned Kisha/Jen knowing that they have a Speed Bump (some task like say pouring tea at the detour location) and would Jamie/Cara survive.

Interesting scenario - but if Tammy & Victor were intelligent (I'm not convinced that they are) they would've realised that the Speed Bump - more often than not - is a task that takes up about 5-10 minutes of time and would've still U-Turned Kisha & Jen.

However, it's also possible that they would U-Turn Margie & Luke instead, and if this was the case, Margie & Luke were far enough ahead to stay there, and Jaime & Cara would've gone home. However, I'm not sure whether Kisha & Jen would've done too well on that finale. :duno:

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #231 on: January 13, 2012, 11:10:18 AM »

I think there's nothing can stop Tammy & Victor from U-Turning Kisha & Jen since they felt they can't outrun Kisha & Jen at the final race. I think this result would be different if only Kisha & Jen switched their Roadblocks: Kisha did the eat-challenge, while Jen did the foot massage. The U-Turn didn't affect the placement, and Kisha & Jen will spare the elimination. I'm glad that they didn't make it to Final 3 :res:

What if leg in Lijiang, China is just a regular leg with elimination point, and the TBC leg was moved to Leg 6-7? (TAR 18) 

TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #232 on: January 13, 2012, 02:55:26 PM »
What if leg in Lijiang, China is just a regular leg with elimination point, and the TBC leg was moved to Leg 6-7? (TAR 18)

It would have saved Margie & Luke or Ronald & Christina instead :(
And I wouldn't be surprised if the one saved made the final three, considering that Jet still strugles at the roadblock, Zev & Justin still strugle at the Detour in Zermatt, and FT/BE still missing the train in Rio.

But we wouldn't had Vyxsin's epic plunge in the Ganges :lol:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #233 on: January 13, 2012, 02:59:43 PM »
What if Jody and Shannon beat Louie and Michael in Leg 2 of S16?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #234 on: January 13, 2012, 03:01:26 PM »

I wish they had :(
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

paldog123456

« Reply #235 on: January 13, 2012, 03:36:07 PM »

I wish they had :(

Me, too. :'(

For sure they could have survived leg 3 since so many teams messed up the Detour. They probably could have beaten Jeff and Jordan in leg 4, which almost gives them guaranteed survival until leg 7, where they may have been Nel'd.

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #236 on: January 13, 2012, 05:41:00 PM »
I'd love to hear what y'all thinks...

What would happened if I U-Turned Justin & Zev in Leg 5 (The one with Dinosaur Roadblock)?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #237 on: January 13, 2012, 06:44:42 PM »
I'd love to hear what y'all thinks...

What would happened if I U-Turned Justin & Zev in Leg 5 (The one with Dinosaur Roadblock)?

Great question Luke!

But I think if Kent & Vyxsin were still the third team to arrive at the U-Turn mat, they still would've used the second U-Turn on Jaime & Cara, sealing their fate. :'( :'( :'(

However, I'll also try to answer your question with the assumption that the second U-Turn was not used, or was used on the Globetrotters, who did very well at the Roadblock anyway. If this was the case, then Zev & Justin and Jaime & Cara would've been in a much closer race for survival. I'm not sure exactly how far apart they had initially checked in, so I'm not sure whether or not Jaime & Cara would survive. :duno: However, just for the fun of it, let's assume that Jaime & Cara did survive:

It's hard to see Jaime & Cara being eliminated in India, due to your own bad luck with the tea and Ronald getting lost at the Varanasi Roadblock, meaning that Jaime & Cara would be in the Final Six. Then, assumably, the rest of the teams still wouldn't have told Jet & Cord the Leichtenstein answer, meaning that they left in Zermatt, and after Kent & Vyxsin's 30-minute penalty on the second Zermatt leg, they would still definitely go home there.

This means that Jaime & Cara now are in the Final Four. And they would have a good chance of making the Final Three, especially after Flight Time & Big Easy fell behind at the beginning of the penultimate leg. Also, that Brazil leg involved dancing - which would've played to Jaime & Cara's strengths, so I think they would make the Final Three. From that point on, it's very difficult to predict, but IF Jaime & Cara had overcome Zev & Justin in Kunming and given how the rest of the race eventuated, it's hard to see them not making the Final Three.

I wonder if anyone has a different opinion? :duno:

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #238 on: January 13, 2012, 07:07:13 PM »
According to The Amazing Race 18 Live Sighting thread:

time:
1st/2nd:Jet and Cord,Gary and Mallory   Unknown
3rd:Margie and Luke                           Unknown
4th:Kisha and Jen                              13:31
5th:Goth                                          13:53
6th:Flight time and Big easy                 14:00
7th/8th:Ron/Chris,Zev and Justin          14:16

Emilinated:Jamie and Cara                    15:51

If it's thrue, Jaime & Cara checked in more than 1h30 after Ron & Christina and Zev & Justin :ascared (but maybe Jaime took her time after Justin completed the Roadblock, knowing that they were already last :duno:)
But if they'd survived, I'm with racer about the fact that they could have had a good chance to be in the final three. :'(

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #239 on: January 13, 2012, 08:13:55 PM »

time:

If it's thrue, Jaime & Cara checked in more than 1h30 after Ron & Christina and Zev & Justin :ascared (but maybe Jaime took her time after Justin completed the Roadblock, knowing that they were already last :duno:)
But if they'd survived, I'm with racer about the fact that they could have had a good chance to be in the final three. :'(

Wow, that's quite a significant difference, but like you said, maybe she took her time. :duno:

Watching Jaime struggle at that Roadblock was one of the most heartbreaking things on TAR for me, considering how much I loved that team. :( :'(

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #240 on: January 13, 2012, 08:37:40 PM »

time:

Wow, that's quite a significant difference, but like you said, maybe she took her time. :duno:

Watching Jaime struggle at that Roadblock was one of the most heartbreaking things on TAR for me, considering how much I loved that team. :( :'(

Only if Mom and I knew that Jaime were struggling before we left, Mom would have helped her to build the dinosaur!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #241 on: January 13, 2012, 08:40:41 PM »

time:

Only if Mom and I knew that Jaime were struggling before we left, Mom would have helped her to build the dinosaur!

Oh, that would've been so nice to watch!! :hugs: :hoot:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #242 on: January 19, 2012, 04:58:03 AM »
Amanda & Kris had no problems with the stack detour

or

Amanda & Kris did the shutters from the start

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #243 on: January 20, 2012, 03:09:18 AM »
One of the beautiful things about TAR 18 is the pre-existing relationship which helped teams propel further. Gary and Mallory and a few other teams like Kent and Vyxsin wouldn't have made it further than they would have (even the Globetrotters) if the teams who were actually working together weren't eliminated. Although the first 4 teams eliminated were all TAR 14 teams, that doesn't mean TAR 14 teams had weak teams. I thoroughly enjoyed that season and they had some intense drama going on that season...

TAR 14 <3 one of the best seasons after TAR 5 and 7.

What if Globetrotters got delayed and went home instead on the leg Margie and Luke got eliminated. Do you think Margie and Luke they will go further in the race?

Considering that if teams like Kent and Vyxsin can go all the way till the F5, I believe that Margie and Luke has a good chance to be in the F4 at least. They should be a strong contender for the F3 as well.. and that would mean 5th place would be Zev and Justin, 4th place Globetrotters and a F3 with ALL FAMILY TEAMS!!! <333333333333333333333 and teams I like! :ghug:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #244 on: January 20, 2012, 06:54:34 AM »
Amanda & Kris had no problems with the stack detour

or

Amanda & Kris did the shutters from the start

Then Mark & Michael would've left on that leg, regardless of whether or not Amanda & Kris were U-Turned by Margie & Luke, because they werent performing well on that leg. Christie & Jodi and Mel & Mike leave at the same points, but then Jaime & Cara would go in Guilin, due to their language barrier at the Choreography Detour Task. Then Tammy & Victor could either U-Turn Amanda & Kris or Kisha & Jen - it is difficult to predict who they would go with at that point? :duno:

What if Globetrotters got delayed and went home instead on the leg Margie and Luke got eliminated. Do you think Margie and Luke they will go further in the race?

TAR18 is another one of those seasons in which if a particular team survived their leg, they probably could've gone much further. If Margie & Luke had survived, then Ron & Christina, Jet & Cord and Kent & Vyxsin still leave at the same spots, and once at the Final Four, Zev & Justin just had too many difficulties in Brazil, so Margie & Luke would've had a great chance to be in the Final Three. :tup:

However, I'd still put my money on Kisha & Jen to win - they seemed to run a flawless leg in the finale! ;)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #245 on: January 20, 2012, 10:47:35 AM »
Luke and Margie  :hearts:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #246 on: January 20, 2012, 03:41:39 PM »
What if Christie & Jodi got eliminated instead of Preston & Jennifer?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #247 on: January 20, 2012, 06:42:52 PM »

Well Preston & Jennifer would definitely survive until Novosibirsk, but then in India, I think they would also beat out Mark & Michael. Mel & Mike got very lost in Thailand, so they'd probably survive that leg as well, but I don't think Preson & Jennifer would've made the Final Four. My bet is Guilin at the farthest! :tup:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #248 on: January 20, 2012, 07:24:26 PM »

Well Preston & Jennifer would definitely survive until Novosibirsk, but then in India, I think they would also beat out Mark & Michael. Mel & Mike got very lost in Thailand, so they'd probably survive that leg as well, but I don't think Preson & Jennifer would've made the Final Four. My bet is Guilin at the farthest! :tup:

To me they would be going far,but because of the bad teams.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #249 on: January 21, 2012, 01:03:37 AM »
I'd also heard somewhere that part of Preston & Jennifer's elimination was because of poor money management causing them to fall so far behind, so if that's true, they'd have to figure it out pretty quickly or they don't even make it past Russia.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"