The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

The Amazing Race: What If

<< < (94/371) > >>

Air:
Yeah but the majority of them aren't smart enough, and besides, I have no clue how you got to the assumption that the majority of teams this season were good at flights. Ultimately only Pam & Winnie were, with Maxie being a close second. And besides, flights give you more of a buffer zone than if you can navigate well.

Bwils927:
Bates & Anthony, Dave & Connor, Chuck & Wynona, Mona & Beth were all good at getting flights as well. Being able to find a flight doesn't make you all that special.

Tarfan37:
well obviously pam and winnie needed a bigger buffer point proven. bring in the dancing lobsters

Air:

--- Quote from: Bwils927 on May 17, 2013, 07:56:12 PM ---Bates & Anthony, Dave & Connor, Chuck & Wynona, Mona & Beth were all good at getting flights as well. Being able to find a flight doesn't make you all that special.

--- End quote ---

Yeah I know it doesn't. Anyone can find a flight, but actually getting a flight that puts you ahead of the competition is very hard to do. The only other team like this is Charla & Mirna.

--- Quote from: Tarfan37 on May 17, 2013, 07:57:58 PM ---well obviously pam and winnie needed a bigger buffer point proven. bring in the dancing lobsters

--- End quote ---

No. Pam & Winnie screwed up on two tasks: Jetskis and Botswana Detour. I can name lots of other teams who screwed up on many more tasks than that.

Jimmer:
Let's not forget that Pam & Winnie did not get lost with directions in Botswana, IIRC, so they are not terrible with directions. Let's also not forget that every single team in the Final 4 has gotten messed up by directions in self driving.

Going back to the stem of the debate, Pam & Winnie would survive the Scotland leg because of catching a better flight than Mona & Beth and Joey Meghan, giving them a 2 hour and 33 minute lead. IIRC, no teams got lost navigating in Scotland (or at least not aired), so I don't believe Pam & Winnie would have blown the lead especially if they don't get U-Turned, thus moving onto the Final 3 as originally presumed.

And FYI, Pam & Winnie only blew a 30 minute lead in New Zealand when they were on the flight by themselves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version