Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 611103 times)

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #1550 on: December 04, 2015, 10:00:25 PM »
The season hasn't ended yet, so I won't be expecting a proper answer. :grins:

What if TMZ and the Cheerleaders didn't have any problem on Leg 1, leaving Justin & Diana to take the 1st boot?

This season would have been 100000000000000000xxxx better than we have now...

With F3 consisted of:
Kelsey and Joey
Logan and Chris
Tiff and Krista
what might have been

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1551 on: December 04, 2015, 10:13:46 PM »

What if TMZ and the Cheerleaders didn't have any problem on Leg 1, leaving Justin & Diana to take the 1st boot?
It's always impossible for me to think of who would end up being eliminated on these What-If's. But I can tell you this:

Leg 1: Tanner & Josh win
Leg 2: Tanner & Josh win instead of Justin & Diana
Leg 3: Tanner & Josh win
Leg 4: Tanner & Josh win instead of Justin & Diana
Leg 5: Denise & James Earl win (they would still get the EP because they finished behind Tanner & Josh)
Leg 6: Tiffany & Krista win instead of Justin & Diana :hearts:
Leg 7: Kelsey & Joey win instead of Justin & Diana
Leg 8: Kelsey & Joey win instead of Justin & Diana
Leg 9: Kelsey & Joey win instead of Justin & Diana
Leg 10: Kelsey & Joey win instead of Justin & Diana
Leg 11: Logan & Chris win

We would have Tanner & Josh/Kelsey & Joey each with 4 wins and Denise & James Earl/Tiffany & Krista/Logan & Chris each with 1. What a fun season that would be. Although, Tanner & Josh/Kelsey & Joey would probably be less liked because of their domination.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1552 on: December 06, 2015, 04:02:27 AM »

This season would have been 100000000000000000xxxx better than we have now...

With F3 consisted of:
Kelsey and Joey
Logan and Chris
Tiff and Krista
Booted order in this case
11th Justin & Diana
10th Alex & Adam
9th Ernest & Jin
8th Kelly & Shevonne
7th Cindy & Rick
6th Tanner & Josh
5th Denise & James Earl
4th Tiffany & Krista
F3 consists of Jazmine & Danielle, Logan & Chris and Kelsey & Joey, team athletes have a chance to become 4th all female team to win

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1553 on: December 08, 2015, 07:25:52 AM »
What if the route of TAR25 has been reversed? (Same start and end)
Start: NYC, USA
Leg 1: Manila, Philippines
Leg 2: Cavite, Philippines
Leg 3: Singapore
Leg 4: Valetta, Malta
Leg 5: Palermo, Italy
Leg 6: Marrakesh, Morocco
Leg 7: Marrakesh, Morocco
Leg 8: Malmo, Sweden + Copenhagen, Denmark
Leg 9: Shetland Islands, UK
Leg 10: London + Oxford, UK
Leg 11: Saint Thomas, US Virgin Islands
Leg 12: LA, USA

Will the boot order most likely be reversed as well, or not?

Offline Andre

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1554 on: December 08, 2015, 03:21:57 PM »

I would like to see this version  :hearts:
No one I think is in my tree... I mean it must be high alone

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1555 on: December 10, 2015, 07:43:33 PM »
For TAR 25, If the second flight were landed in St.Thomas island before the first one. who would win the save and who booted first?
For TAR 24 If Nary or Jamie were selected to replace Bopper and race along with Mark, how far would the mixed team be able to advance in this case

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1556 on: December 11, 2015, 12:37:12 AM »
For TAR 25, If the second flight were landed in St.Thomas island before the first one. who would win the save and who booted first?
For TAR 24 If Nary or Jamie were selected to replace Bopper and race along with Mark, how far would the mixed team be able to advance in this case

For TAR25, if Misti & Jim could finish fast enough, then they still have a chance for the Save. If not, then Brooke & Robbie might use it (or not) on Leg 8. They arrived 2nd to the last that leg, so I'm not sure whether they'll use it or not. :duno:

Meanwhile for TAR24: :haha

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1557 on: December 12, 2015, 07:16:27 AM »
TAR27:
1.) What if Kelly & Shevonne didn't take almost 4 hours to complete a 4 by 4 slider puzzle? (Tiffany & Krista as 1st boots.)
2.) What if TMZ and the Cheerleaders didn't have a problem, but Justin & Diana did on Rio? (Justin & Diana as 1st boots.)
3.) What if Justin & Diana won the 1st leg and the EP by not even attempting the fast forward?
4.) What if Jazmine & Danielle won the EP?
5.) What if Ernest & Jin were the 2nd ones out instead?
6.) What if Jazmine & Danielle were the 2nd ones out instead?
7.) What if Kelsey & Joey made a big mistake on Leg 2's detour, which would cost them the race?
8.) What if Ernest & Jin survived Leg 3 while the Cheerleaders didn't?
9.) What if Tanner & Josh used the EP on the detour in Leg 4 instead?
10.) What if Jazmine & Danielle U-turned Tiffany & Krista on Leg 4?
11.) What if Chris & Logan were out in Leg 5?
12.) What if Cindy & Rick were out in Leg 5?
13.) What if the W-turn was on Leg 5 instead of Leg 4?
14.) What if Leg 6 was an EL while Leg 7 was a NEL? (2 NEL's in a row)
15.) What if Denise & James Earl were eliminated in Leg 7?
16.) What if Leg 8 was an EL while Leg 9 was a NEL?
17.) What if Tiffany & Krista got the gross speedbump twist?
18.) What if Kelsey & Joey got to the U-turn board 1st?
19.) What if Leg 9's U-turn was a W-turn instead?
20.) What if Denise & James Earl got the boot in Leg 9?
21.) What if Leg 10's U-turn was a W-turn?
22.) What if Logan & Chris were booted out in Leg 10?
23.) What if Justin & Diana were booted out in Leg 11?
24.) What if we have the F4 twist again, with the helicopters' location as the MPE?
25.) What if Tanner & Josh have the Save instead of the EP, and at the same time, Leg 8 was an EL instead of a NEL?

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1558 on: December 17, 2015, 09:03:47 AM »
What would have happened if Logan & Chris had managed to take Kelsey & Joey's cab in the final leg of TAR27?

I predict that Justin & Diana and Kelsey & Joey would have arrived at about the same time to the helicopters. Logan & Chris would still get stuck at the flag challenge. Justin & Diana would probably finish first since they seemed to complete the flag challenge and the chairs faster.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1559 on: December 17, 2015, 12:21:25 PM »
What would have happened if Logan & Chris had managed to take Kelsey & Joey's cab in the final leg of TAR27?

I predict that Justin & Diana and Kelsey & Joey would have arrived at about the same time to the helicopters. Logan & Chris would still get stuck at the flag challenge. Justin & Diana would probably finish first since they seemed to complete the flag challenge and the chairs faster.

Justin & Diana would've won since Kelsey & Joey's time would've been drained if their taxi was successfully stolen.

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1560 on: December 18, 2015, 04:37:32 AM »
What if Justin and Diana won? How would Justin's post-race confessional go? *sarcasm alert* :lol: :lol:
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1561 on: December 18, 2015, 04:42:56 AM »
What if Justin and Diana won? How would Justin's post-race confessional go? *sarcasm alert* :lol: :lol:

I can presume it will be:

Justin: HAHAHA WE WON EIGHT LEGS OMG WE DID IT ITS ALWAYS A DREAM DREAM FULFILLED *cackles obnoxiously*
Diana: *smiles quietly*

And then he kisses her for the 99999999th time before credits.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #1562 on: December 18, 2015, 05:10:12 AM »

I can presume it will be:

Justin: HAHAHA WE WON EIGHT LEGS OMG WE DID IT ITS ALWAYS A DREAM DREAM FULFILLED *cackles obnoxiously*
Diana: *smiles quietly*

And then he kisses her for the 99999999th time before credits.

This  :cmaslol
what might have been

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1563 on: December 20, 2015, 07:51:50 PM »
If the Save were still introduced in TAR 25, but it were used for saving last place team in 1st leg or Misti & Jim departed 30 minutes sooner in leg 2
The dentists most likely used it to save Lisa & Michelle, leg 4 became EL
11th Dennis & Isabelle
10th Micheal & Scott
9th Misti & Jim (curse because using the save to save other team while themselves booted
8th Keith & Whitney
7th Shelley & Nici
6th Tim & Te Jay
What would happen in Singapore, who would use the U-turn right in Singapore? 

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1564 on: December 20, 2015, 09:15:39 PM »
If the Save were still introduced in TAR 25, but it were used for saving last place team in 1st leg or Misti & Jim departed 30 minutes sooner in leg 2
11th Dennis & Isabelle
10th Micheal & Scott
9th Misti & Jim (curse because using the save to save other team while themselves booted
8th Keith & Whitney
7th Shelley & Nici
6th Tim & Te Jay

Misti & Jim said in a secret scene they wouldn't use their Save on anyone else, but that 9th place curse though. :cmas50 :cmaslol

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1565 on: December 21, 2015, 08:19:54 AM »
11th Dennis & Isabelle
10th Micheal & Scott
8th Keith & Whitney
7th Shelley & Nici
6th Tim & Te Jay

You must have meant if it's Salvage Pass?

Anyway, even if Lisa & Michelle is survived, I highly doubted that they'll make it pass UK. They're not so competent and with lots of skill-required task and physical tasks in leg 2. I don't think they can pull it through.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1566 on: December 21, 2015, 11:19:21 AM »
11th Dennis & Isabelle
10th Micheal & Scott
8th Keith & Whitney
7th Shelley & Nici
6th Tim & Te Jay

You must have meant if it's Salvage Pass?

Anyway, even if Lisa & Michelle is survived, I highly doubted that they'll make it pass UK. They're not so competent and with lots of skill-required task and physical tasks in leg 2. I don't think they can pull it through.
Could that let Dennis & Isabelle race a little bit further?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1567 on: December 21, 2015, 01:49:56 PM »
THIS IS  NON SPOILER THREAD. NO DISCUSSIONS OF THE CURRENT UN-AIRED SEASON ARE ALLOWED.

Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1568 on: December 22, 2015, 07:35:58 AM »

Right. So.

Leg 1! As it turns out the strongest men all made F4 to do the coconut RB AND Brobbie don't have a Speed Bump to contend with so I'd say Brooke & Robbie win leg 1 and the Save (helpful...); meanwhile, Amy dies and Amy & Maya are eliminated :( (production then rigs a 'first out season' that they somehow win, beating Ron & Bill and Jeff & Lyda yay)

Leg 2 Jim & Misti won this leg despite their flight-related mishaps and from what I recall of the sheep task / punting task, none of the other teams are physically able to match him. J & M win the Express Pass yay! The question is if Brooke still chooses the largest field and loses enough of a lead to get into last place. If so, the Save gets used (yay!) but if not...I'll stick a Lisa & Michelle boot in here. While it's tempting to use the Save ultimately with six other teams involved someone surely has to use the large field and it'll likely be a team that wasn't as strong in the Detour. 

Leg 3 Reversing the order causes possibly *more* fun / trauma with flights lol. Critically I think Kym & Alli don't have as much confidence in the FF (since neither they nor Adam & Bethany would've won any legs by now so they have to go by the obvious 'maybe there's a team with professional surfers that will want to take this' logic) so Adam & Bethany win it uncontested. Given the tightrope RB is first-come, first-serve it really depends on who got there first which depends on who is good with flights and really the only *good* team in that regard is Kym & Alli. I'd assume Jim & Misti would be the worst at this but they have the Express Pass and they have a bunch of fodder teams to go against in the Detour / Merlion hunt. Because of said hunt, the results of the leg are pretty random so I consulted random.org (removing both surfers and cyclists from the drawing) and got Dennis & Isabelle eliminated. Works for me.

Leg 4 I will assume TAR would prebook tickets from Singapore to Paris and then leave teams to their own devices which would theoretically screw over Jim & Misti and Adam & Bethany but longhaul flights headed *into* Europe tend to bunch everyone so we'll go with it. With more teams and without a Speed Bump Tim & TeJay are free to burn a lot more time doing the Flag task and thus Tim & TeJay are last on an NEL. First place...I don't see Jim or Misti burning the Express Pass on Flag without at least seeing what the other task and I think the only teams with a shot at Flag are Adam & Bethany and maaaaybe Keith & Whitney. random.org says...neither of them do lol. Checking maf's recaps no one dazzled me with their task choice except Amy & Maya (:(); Jim & Misti were the first to switch in real life while Brooke & Robbie initially started shine and switched so...I'll go with Jim & Misti.

Leg 5 - At first I thought this would be like the actual episode (J/M first, T/T last) but then I realized with two extra teams and Amy & Maya eliminated that changes things - because of the Speed Bump T/T aren't in any place to win a footrace for Painters so they get to do Posers along with Brobbie. Using random.org, Shelley & Nici and Michael & Scott *also* do Posers leaving Keith & Whitney to do Painters and as the weakest of those four teams painting, I assume Keith & Whitney are last and eliminated.

Leg 6 - Okay *this one* would be like the original episode in theory - J/M first, S/N last - but I still need to account for Michael & Scott being terrible at navigation. Checking random.org...Michael & Scott are eliminated #Christmasmiracle

I legit have to go to work nowish so I'll edit in the rest later since I'd have to assign U-Turn motives (there are two obvious targets...) but standings:

- Brooke & Robbie - 1 win - has Save
- Jim & Misti - 4 wins - has EP
- Adam & Bethany - 1 win - used FF
- Kym & Alli - 0 wins
- Tim & TeJay - 0 wins - saved by NEL
- Shelley & Nici - 0 wins
Michael & Scott - 7th
Keith & Whitney - 8th
Dennis & Isabelle - 9th
Lisa & Michelle - 10th
Amy & Maya - 11th

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1569 on: December 22, 2015, 08:39:07 AM »
I love the detail and the use of random.org! :cmas9 :cmas23 :xmas146 Amazing! Please continue with a new post instead of editing it. :grins: Thank you! :kisses

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1570 on: December 22, 2015, 09:47:21 AM »
Leg 7: Jim & Misti aren't burdened by a Speed Bump HOWEVER I still think they're stuck in the clump of teams at the RB. Teams finish in the same order (Kym & Alliance ahead of everyone else). I assume the following:

- Kym & Alli  have a large enough lead to hit the U-turn first and use it on Jim & Misti
- Jim & Misti use the EP to bypass the Detour, U-turn Brooke & Robbie
- no one else bothers

Brooke & Robbie are last and give away the Save. Instead of Phil giving it back to them he informs them that they are safe...from doing a Speed Bump. They're relieved to be in it, I'm relieved the Save isn't broken.

Be back later  :xmas49

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1571 on: December 22, 2015, 07:01:22 PM »
Leg 7: Jim & Misti aren't burdened by a Speed Bump HOWEVER I still think they're stuck in the clump of teams at the RB. Teams finish in the same order (Kym & Alliance ahead of everyone else). I assume the following:

- Kym & Alli  have a large enough lead to hit the U-turn first and use it on Jim & Misti
- Jim & Misti use the EP to bypass the Detour, U-turn Brooke & Robbie
- no one else bothers

Brooke & Robbie are last and give away the Save. Instead of Phil giving it back to them he informs them that they are safe...from doing a Speed Bump. They're relieved to be in it, I'm relieved the Save isn't broken.

Be back later  :xmas49

I'm on my phone but current standings:

1st - Kym & Alli - 1 win - used U-turn
2nd - Adam & Bethany - 1 win  - used FF
3rd - Shelley & Nici - 0 wins - n/a
4th - Tim & TeJay - 0 wins - saved by NEL
5th - Jim & Misti - 4 wins - used EP, used U-Turn
6th - Brooke & Robbie - 1 win - used Save, saved by NEL

---

LEG 8 - The first thing I did, noting that this F6 all managed to get to Copenhagen on 5ish different flights was to see how chaotic Marrakech to Copenhagen flights would be. As it turns out there's one good flight, so I'll bunch teams on it. Maf provided the times for teams arriving in Copenhagen and departing from what I imagine is is a 24 hour Pit Stop (doesn't matter) which yields:

1st - Tim & TeJay  :cmas18
2nd - Brooke & Robbie :cmas18
3rd - Kym & All
4th - Shelley & Nici
5th - Adam & Bethany
6th - Jim & Misti - eliminated

LEG 9 - Teams are bunched on the ferry to the Shetland islands. As it turns out most of the teams that did well on this leg are gone lol. Critically, I'm choosing to change the sheep task into a RB since I mean...it's been a RB before. Adam & Bethany win :O and despite a now tense footrace between Kym & Alli and Brooke & Robbie, Tim & TeJay are eliminated

LEG 10 - Sadly no Express Pass scavenger hunt :( Punting stays an ARI like in the real leg 10 which is good for Adam & Bethany who win. Because of how I used the Save there's no reason this is an elimination which is great because  Shelley & Nici are last after melting down and urinating in public fiercely.

LEG 11- I'm pretending there's a Detour in the Virgin  Islands that means very little (not unlike Sams vs Cells) so I choose to be consistent with the arrival AND finish order of the RB. Finish as of the end of leg 11

1st - Kym & Alli - 2 wins - used U-Turn
2nd - Brooke & Robbie - 1 win - used Save kinda / saved by NEL
3rd - Adam & Bethany - 3 wins - used FF
4th - Shelley & Nici - 0 wins - saved by NEL x2

Raptor shrieks of delight abound as Shelley & Nici cockroach their way to the finale. Who will win? Find out...when when I get a stable Internet connection at home.  :cmas20

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1572 on: December 23, 2015, 01:58:04 AM »
If the Route of TAR 26 were reversed, I thought Bergen & Kurt would be booted in first self-driving car leg
For TAR 21's reversed route, what would happened in this case ?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1573 on: December 24, 2015, 01:41:37 AM »
In TAR24, what if the 2nd flight arrived before the 1st flight (let's say there was a delay)?

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1574 on: December 24, 2015, 10:35:08 AM »
Did you mean TAR23 or TAR25? ??? And which leg btw?