Author Topic: Ep 12 East Coast SHOW updates --FINALE **please read the rules**  (Read 70475 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Ep 12 East Coast SHOW updates --FINALE **please read the rules**
« Reply #200 on: December 12, 2011, 04:10:42 PM »
Georgia Peach, I will have the added excitement of thinking of you tonight.  I remember way back when the finale city was reported here and I cheered for you!  Thank you for everything! :cmas9

Thanks sweetie! It was a wonderful day!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #201 on: December 12, 2011, 04:11:50 PM »
Will we see Peach somewhere in the finale?

Oh lordie...let's hope not!! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #202 on: December 12, 2011, 04:18:21 PM »

I was looking at the front of the "grassy knoll" outside the Flight Training building but couldn't see Peach anywhere. Looks like Peach will remain an enigma...  :cmaslol
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #203 on: December 12, 2011, 06:39:45 PM »
This finale made Atlanta empty. :lol: Where's Coke, the Aquarium, CNN, olympic places? (and Peach? lol)

It was meeeeeeh. I got pumped up for the first quarter of the show, but when Ernie and Cindy started to do the Roadblock I know that *ding ding, we have a winner!*. I agree with Danooky, this is one of the least memorable finales. TAR16 is much exciting, imo! :lol:

The tasks did not go the way the producers think it will go. The racers are smart, and it just took them moments to substitute for 1 at the typewriting. The "PhilKeoghan: potential-to-completely-change-the-outcome-of-this-race" description with the map challenge means they have expectations that that task will definitely deliver. But in reality, that didn't go well. :lol:

But yes, their "dump" clue was effective.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #204 on: December 12, 2011, 06:45:52 PM »

Me think that clues like this one are not good for finales. It's good when its a normal leg to create tension ("of they made an error! Will they be eliminated??") but it dosent work when you want all three teams at the final challenge at the same time.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #205 on: December 12, 2011, 06:53:03 PM »
I miss finales with lead changes and really interesting memory challenges like the great final episodes of seasons 12 and 14. Those are the most recent finales that really excited me because regardless of the teams in them, they were great viewing. The last five finales have had little suspense with the exception of TAR15. In that season at least the team that arrived first at the final task did not win but Meghan and Cheyne overtaking the other two was hardly a surprise. And that leg was poorly designed with no memory tasks which is a shame considering that that season was so good.

A good finale for me has interesting and skillfull tasks (not rappelling or driving a forklift). And a good final task that involves recalling hard to remember details about the journey. If any team could not remember what country they had been to or the order of eliminated teams (19 and 16) they didn't deserve to be on there. Silly things like counting poker chips or assembling a camper don't count either.
Lastly some lead changes cannot be manufactured by production but they help a lot.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #206 on: December 12, 2011, 07:30:55 PM »
A little late here, but I missed the episode yesterday as I was studying for finals. And I probably should be doing that right now too  :cmaslol

Anyway, even though Amani & Marcus was my favorite team, I have a lot of respect for Ernie & Cindy because they ran a great leg and absolutely deserved to win. Also, from what I've read they were ahead of Jeremy & Sandy by quite a bit so you can't just blame it on one thing; they simply ran a better leg.

By the way, Dan & Jordan are one of my favorite teams ever. xD So I don't really have a "least favorite winners" list...I've liked everyone so far.  :cmas20

Can't wait for Season 20! Thank you & great job to all of the detectives this season and to Peach!

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #207 on: December 12, 2011, 08:02:05 PM »
I miss finales with lead changes and really interesting memory challenges like the great final episodes of seasons 12 and 14. Those are the most recent finales that really excited me because regardless of the teams in them, they were great viewing. The last five finales have had little suspense with the exception of TAR15. In that season at least the team that arrived first at the final task did not win but Meghan and Cheyne overtaking the other two was hardly a surprise. And that leg was poorly designed with no memory tasks which is a shame considering that that season was so good.

What are you talking about? Kisha/Jen and Herb/Nate were neck and neck the whole leg!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #208 on: December 12, 2011, 08:04:50 PM »
The problem with that finale is that none of the tasks were interesting. Drive a forklift > do that silly diving thing > run around to different islands > put together that camper area > ride a bike.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #209 on: December 12, 2011, 10:33:19 PM »

Me think that clues like this one are not good for finales. It's good when its a normal leg to create tension ("of they made an error! Will they be eliminated??") but it dosent work when you want all three teams at the final challenge at the same time.
I definitely agree with this. Had the teams been given directions straight to the place, the tension would have been more on the tasks than figuring out the clue. Suppose one team was able to figure the first obscure clue out because their driver had the internet with them and the other team's driver was like Jill & Thomas's or Gary & Mallory's, having multiple tricky clues will just widen the gap.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #210 on: December 12, 2011, 10:36:39 PM »
The essence of a good finale is not to have obscure clues but challenging tasks. A good memory task like that of TAR 8, TAR 9, TAR 12, TAR 14 runs up the drama of the finale.

Somebody needs a spanking to help them design more creative final legs. They odd to take a few advices from our awesome game hosts. :cmaslol

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #211 on: December 13, 2011, 01:07:41 AM »
This finale really needed more tasks.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #212 on: December 13, 2011, 07:56:28 AM »
This finale really needed more tasks.

THIS

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #213 on: December 13, 2011, 08:57:02 AM »
Reposting this here for posterity, lol:

Presented by the TAR DETECTIVE TEAM, with special thanks to walkingpneumonia, Chateau D'IF, the fabulous on site helpers, and my wonderful city!

Enjoy!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/g3nQixVdOfE?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/g3nQixVdOfE?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

FINALE LOCATIONS

Located 2 miles from Atlanta Hartsfield, Flight Safety operates the world’s largest fleet of full flight simulators.

http://www.flightsafety.com/

http://www.flightsafety.com/fs_location_center.php?c=1142&_ce=0&_site_unique=16231754624e2c74ee541008.49795707

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/7670163

=====================

Listed on the National Register of Historic Places and operated by the Atlanta History Center, the Margaret Mitchell House is a turn-of-the century, three-story, Tudor Revival building where Margaret Mitchell lived and wrote her Pulitzer-Prize winning book, Gone With the Wind.

Built in 1899 by Cornelius J. Sheehan, the single-family home on fashionable Peachtree Street was converted into a ten-unit apartment building in 1919.

Margaret Mitchell and her husband, John Marsh, moved into Apartment No.1 in 1925, when the building was known as the Crescent Apartments. Mitchell’s apartment is the only interior space of the restored house that is preserved as an apartment and maintains original architectural features, including the famous leaded glass window which Mitchell looked out while writing the book.

Guided tours of the Margaret Mitchell House are offered daily and include visits to her Crescent Avenue apartment, which she affectionately nicknamed “The Dump”, and to exhibitions about her life and the movie version of her book.

http://www.margaretmitchellhouse.com/

===================================

Turner Field, Home of the Atlanta Braves

The lot on the site of Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium contains an outline of the playing field, including markers for home plate, the bases and the location of Hank Aaron's record-breaking 715th home run.

http://mlb.mlb.com/atl/ballpark/directions/index.jsp?content=map

===================================

Traditionally known as one of the most recognized and photographed landmarks in Atlanta, Swan House is an elegant, classically styled mansion built in 1928 for the Edward H. Inman family, heirs to a cotton brokerage fortune. The mansion, designed by famed Atlanta architect Philip Trammell Shutze, provides a glimpse into the lifestyle of this Atlanta family during the 1920s and 1930s.

Virtual Tour of the Gardens:
http://www.seeit360.com/ahc/swanhouse_back2.html

http://www.atlantahistorycenter.com/cms/Swan+House/116.html

===========================
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #214 on: December 13, 2011, 08:57:41 AM »
Peach,you knew that they were the winners right?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #215 on: December 13, 2011, 10:12:01 AM »
The essence of a good finale is not to have obscure clues but challenging tasks. A good memory task like that of TAR 8, TAR 9, TAR 12, TAR 14 runs up the drama of the finale.

Somebody needs a spanking to help them design more creative final legs. They odd to take a few advices from our awesome game hosts. :cmaslol

For me, the TAR12 finale was the best one of all time. The memory challenge was insane! :cmaslol And also, the tasks before the memory challenge were interesting, with a great Detour and the ice climb. Even though I did not like the winners, that season had the best final leg for me. I also rather enjoyed the TAR13 one, which also had a great memory challenge. TAR14's was great also, as was TAR17's. TAR16's and TAR19's have been abysmal for me. TAR18 didn't seem like a final leg, it just seemed like any other leg.

Out of all the seasons which had no memory challenges, I enjoyed the TAR15 finale most, because the poker chips was so suspenseful, and everyone was in first place at some point in the leg.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #216 on: December 13, 2011, 10:13:29 AM »

I was looking at the front of the "grassy knoll" outside the Flight Training building but couldn't see Peach anywhere. Looks like Peach will remain an enigma...  :cmaslol

I think Peach is like one of those people you often see in crime shows - those people who have never been seen and some people believe they are a myth. :cmaslol
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥