Author Topic: The Most Epic Moments of TAR  (Read 25000 times)

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
Re: The Most Epic Moments of TAR
« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2011, 09:01:30 AM »
Jet and Cord getting Double U-TURN is not epic? It didn't change any placings and wouldn't have mattered. It was a waste of air-time. :cmaslol

Hey, they needed to blame their elimination on SOMEONE... :cmaslol

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2011, 09:03:33 AM »
The U-Turn, IMO, didn't eliminate them. It was a combination of the teams working against them at the RB and their own lack of social skills.

But I still found it sad. :(
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2011, 10:36:23 AM »
Jet and Cord getting Double U-TURN is not epic? It didn't change any placings and wouldn't have mattered. It was a waste of air-time. :cmaslol

Hey, they needed to blame their elimination on SOMEONE... :cmaslol
:cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2011, 11:20:56 AM »
Actually I don't think it's a lack of social skills. More like Jet and Cord didn't see the other teams AND also they are a strong team to beat. It's more of like an Andy and Tommy elim!

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2011, 12:35:51 PM »
For me, one of the most epic pitstops ever was the one in New Zealand (I think) after the zorb thing. Highest placing for the Bowling Moms. They were simply awesome. I defintely loved loved loved them in that pitstop.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #80 on: December 26, 2011, 05:40:12 PM »
For me, one of the most epic pitstops ever was the one in New Zealand (I think) after the zorb thing. Highest placing for the Bowling Moms. They were simply awesome. I definitely loved loved loved them in that pitstop.

I just watched that online today,

link removed to protect the uploaders...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 07:31:24 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #81 on: December 26, 2011, 09:46:00 PM »
For me, one of the most epic pitstops ever was the one in New Zealand (I think) after the zorb thing. Highest placing for the Bowling Moms. They were simply awesome. I defintely loved loved loved them in that pitstop.

-_- My twins were eliminated and I was beyond sadness. Two of my favourite teams in last place.

But that episode was epic. Truly epic.

paldog123456

« Reply #82 on: December 26, 2011, 09:48:56 PM »

-_- My twins were eliminated and I was beyond sadness. Two of my favourite teams in last place.

I was SO happy when I Chip and Kim didn't yield the twins in this leg. I thought that they might be able to recover!

But they couldn't. They made a bad Detour choice, which sealed their elimination. :(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2011, 09:52:26 PM »

I was SO happy when I Chip and Kim didn't yield the twins in this leg. I thought that they might be able to recover!

But they couldn't. They made a bad Detour choice, which sealed their elimination. :(

They always make bad choices. That season was the first time doing a skydiving task will put you in last place. It was pretty ridiculous considering they could have been second if they didn't stupidly follow Brandon and Nicole when they went to the wrong place when they didn't actually want to initially. Actually, it was quite FRUSTRATING to be a twins fan to see them make SO MANY MISTAKES on every leg but when they do survive each week.. I whopped with joy because it's like a miracle happened! :cmaslol

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2011, 10:25:49 PM »
I don't know if it's already cross-posted or not...

There's an epic moment (I think) in the latest season (19) Leg-2, where 8 of the 11 teams arrived at the Pit Stop without donating all of their money at the 'Aisyiyah Orphanage , and had to go back and donate the rest of their money before being allowed to check in.

That is the biggest downturn in TAR (maybe?  :cmas11)

Leg-2 finish position:

1st Time Check-In

1st: Ernie & Cindy; ---> Move to 4th
2nd: Liz & Marie; ---> Move to 5th
3rd: Bill & Cathi; ---> Move to 7th
4th: Andy & Tommy; didn't turned back ---> Move to 1st
5th: Jeremy & Sandy; ---> Move to 6th
6th: Justin & Jennifer; ---> Move to 8th
7th: Amani & Marcus; ---> Move to 9th
8th: Laurence & Zac; didn't turned back ---> Move to 2nd
9th: Ethan & Jenna; ---> Move to 10th ELIMINATED
10th: Kaylani & Lisa; didn't turned back ---> Move to 3rd
11th: Ron & Bill ---> Move to 11th ELIMINATED
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2011, 12:38:23 AM »
A leg which I consider to be epic is the Thailand leg of TAR9. The Roadblock with preparing a feast for the monkeys, the cricket-eating FF and the MoJo Detour meltdown!

That was one of my favourite legs of all! :cmas16
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2011, 04:10:49 PM »
Russian baker TAR 13

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2011, 02:30:51 AM »
I think someone might have mentioned this earlier, but what about Charla vomiting herself while eating the Polish Kielbasa sausage! :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol

And then in the same leg, the horse knocking her over! :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol

I don't think Charla had too much fun on that leg... :cmas22

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2011, 02:39:22 AM »
I think someone might have mentioned this earlier, but what about Charla vomiting herself while eating the Polish Kielbasa sausage! :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol

And then in the same leg, the horse knocking her over! :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol

:cmaslol

I also loved how Kandice combed her hair back while she was vomitting and she had the most disgusted look on her face.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2011, 02:41:13 AM »

:cmaslol

I also loved how Kandice combed her hair back while she was vomitting and she had the most disgusted look on her face.

:cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol

Those two teams are just EPIC!!! :cmas16

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2011, 07:02:41 PM »
Dustin & Kandice vs Charla & Mirna till the end was just soo epic <3

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2011, 07:50:29 PM »

That big argument at one of the airports between them was just soooooo difficult to watch, because I loved them both so much! :cmas9

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2011, 08:57:00 PM »

Don't I wish this were true! However, the facts are that from Oakland International Airport Eric/Danielle's taxi driver left both Dustin/Kandice and Charla/Mirna in the dust on the way to the Grateful Dead House. What you can truthfully say is that their epicness lasted for most of the AR11 finale.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2011, 09:44:19 PM »
I personally feel that most of the finales before TAR12 (with the exception of Seasons 3, 5, 9 and 10) were not very well done, especially because we had tasks in one place and then we flew to the 'Final Destination City', where there were no tasks for most of the time, so whoever got the first taxi had a good shot at winning. :cmas5

I prefer flying to the end-city from the beginning of the leg, not that all the final legs since TAR12 have been good, though. (16 and 19 being the best examples of that).

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2012, 04:43:23 AM »
I personally feel that most of the finales before TAR12 (with the exception of Seasons 3, 5, 9 and 10) were not very well done, especially because we had tasks in one place and then we flew to the 'Final Destination City', where there were no tasks for most of the time, so whoever got the first taxi had a good shot at winning. :cmas5

I prefer flying to the end-city from the beginning of the leg, not that all the final legs since TAR12 have been good, though. (16 and 19 being the best examples of that).

TAR 2, TAR 3, TAR 6, TAR 8 and TAR 9 was a race all the way to the end and not affected by taxis, particularly Season 9, 8, 7, 6, 5.. practically almost every season. :cmaslol

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2012, 04:53:08 AM »

TAR 2, TAR 3, TAR 6, TAR 8 and TAR 9 was a race all the way to the end and not affected by taxis, particularly Season 9, 8, 7, 6, 5.. practically almost every season. :cmaslol

Yeah, but Seasons 1, 2, 4, 7 and 10 didn't have any tasks in the End City, which is the thing I didn't like. Seasons 3, 8 and 9 had the memory tasks, Season 5 had the maze and Season 6 had the pizza. So half of the first 10 seasons didn't have tasks in the End City (unless you count riding bikes to the Finish Line (TAR4) or finding 'The King of the Havanas' (TAR7)). :cmas5

But either way, nine of the pre-All-Stars seasons (all except Family Edition) had a maximum of 1 task at the End City. :cmas10

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2012, 11:54:20 AM »
I think it'd be better if they didn't just force everyone onto one flight. I guess it's to make them closer, but the early seasons had teams choose their own flights and they were usually closer finishes. And as we all know, close finishes = epic moments.

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2012, 05:29:58 PM »
The most epic moment for me was when Nat & Kat on the FF in Norway had to eat the sheep's head. They didn't like it, but I love that food and would gladly have taken their place.

The most touching moment was in season 6 when the teams put down roses at the Slave House to honor the slaves.
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2012, 01:10:49 AM »

Yeah, but Seasons 1, 2, 4, 7 and 10 didn't have any tasks in the End City, which is the thing I didn't like. Seasons 3, 8 and 9 had the memory tasks, Season 5 had the maze and Season 6 had the pizza. So half of the first 10 seasons didn't have tasks in the End City (unless you count riding bikes to the Finish Line (TAR4) or finding 'The King of the Havanas' (TAR7)). :cmas5

But either way, nine of the pre-All-Stars seasons (all except Family Edition) had a maximum of 1 task at the End City. :cmas10

Season 2 did have a few epic sprints across San Francisco, if nothing else. Season 4 also had the riddle at Sun Devil Stadium... Nothing brain-busting, but better than nothing, I guess... :duno:
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2012, 04:25:40 AM »

Season 2 did have a few epic sprints across San Francisco, if nothing else. Season 4 also had the riddle at Sun Devil Stadium... Nothing brain-busting, but better than nothing, I guess... :duno:

Yeah, that's very true.

The finales that I mentioned are (mostly) still quite exciting finales, however it's just my personal preference that teams fly to the End City straightaway, because I feel that otherwise, the tasks in the other city are mostly redundant. :cmas5 Just my thought! :cmas16