Author Topic: Some interesting (and some not so interesting) facts and records!  (Read 553765 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Some interesting (and some not so interesting) facts and records!
« Reply #1250 on: June 07, 2022, 06:29:51 AM »
Lisa & Michelle are the only US team (excluding Family Edition) to run a full leg and be eliminated without ever traveling to another country.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1251 on: June 07, 2022, 11:07:20 AM »
Ten out of the seventy-some TARCAN teams were eliminated abroad:

* Jackie and Laura in Hong Kong

* Pierre and Michel in Paris

* Sharnjit and Susan in Santiago de Chile

* Dana and Amanda in Buenos Aires

* Cynthia and Brian in Kolkata

* Stephane and Antoine in Cai Be

* Tanya and Anne in Ho Chi Minh City

* Zedd and Shabbir in Bangkok

* Todd and Anna in Jakarta

* Nancy and Melissa in Mexico City

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1252 on: June 07, 2022, 08:25:14 PM »
Lisa & Michelle are the only US team (excluding Family Edition) to run a full leg and be eliminated without ever traveling to another country.

Bonnie & Mel, Sean & Amy, Rhett & Howe, and Henry & Jennifer would like a word with you.
Show content
(admittedly they participated in China Rush)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1253 on: November 06, 2022, 07:04:55 AM »
In the U.S. version of the Amazing Race the only letters we haven't seen as the first letter in someone's first name is Q and X.
Uchenna (of Uchenna & Joyce) is the only contestant to have a name starting with U, while Yolanda (of Ray & Yolanda) is the only one to have a name starting with Y.
The remaining letters all appear in multiple people's first names.

Just randomly remembered this post and came up to update. Still no X first names, but now we have Quinton (though in the same season as the first X last name, Xiao)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1254 on: December 13, 2022, 12:05:33 AM »
Derek, Emily & Molly are the first Asian-American racers to make the final three without a mother tongue language advantage in an Asian country.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 07:18:03 PM by redskevin88 »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1255 on: October 07, 2023, 09:32:36 PM »
Both contestants named Dane were eliminated in the SAME PLACE (Qutub Minar)
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1256 on: March 26, 2024, 03:44:50 PM »
I had to do some research to make sure I was right about this, but now I can confirm...

Leg 2 of The Amazing Race 36 is officially the SHORTEST leg in the entire worldwide history of The Amazing Race, traveling only 1.01 miles as the crow flies.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1257 on: March 26, 2024, 04:35:49 PM »
I had to do some research to make sure I was right about this, but now I can confirm...

Leg 2 of The Amazing Race 36 is officially the SHORTEST leg in the entire worldwide history of The Amazing Race, traveling only 1.01 miles as the crow flies.

I guess it's unsurprising the record is broken in a Covid season. If the Ronda portion of the Megaleg in 34 had been its own leg, it'd be even shorter at 0.67 miles

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1258 on: March 27, 2024, 12:21:39 AM »

I guess it's unsurprising the record is broken in a Covid season. If the Ronda portion of the Megaleg in 34 had been its own leg, it'd be even shorter at 0.67 miles

Interesting fact, the leg that visited the fewest places is pre-Covid (Leg 7 in TAR 30). Most of the leg took place in the confines of the Imire Rhino & Wildlife Conservancy.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1259 on: March 27, 2024, 02:10:00 AM »

No, because I would include the travel from Malaga to Ronda

Interesting fact, the leg that visited the fewest places is pre-Covid (Leg 7 in TAR 30). Most of the leg took place in the confines of the Imire Rhino & Wildlife Conservancy.

Beaten out by TAR Latin America 6 Leg 4, which took place entirely within a single hacienda.