Author Topic: EP 7 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 44825 times)

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
Re: EP 7 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**
« Reply #200 on: November 06, 2011, 08:02:46 PM »
I now see what could have happened with Laurence and Zac. But did it not even come across their minds as a possibility?!? They knew 100% sure that Jeremy and Sandy were behind them as opposed to the slim chance that Marcus and Amani who were what looked like seconds away from the U-turn had not already seen it.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #201 on: November 06, 2011, 08:02:54 PM »
NEXT TIME ON TAR..

Amani and Marcus is going to win the leg.

Ernie and Cindy U-TURNs Andy and Tommy.

There you go.
Why do you say Andy & Tommy?  Did you see them?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #202 on: November 06, 2011, 08:03:08 PM »
And Ernie & Cindy are *EVIL* for using the U-Turn just because they want to win. Love it.

Yea... they're EVIL too. They said it and I don't deny that!! :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #203 on: November 06, 2011, 08:03:39 PM »
NEXT TIME ON TAR..

Amani and Marcus is going to win the leg.

Ernie and Cindy U-TURNs Andy and Tommy.

There you go.
Why do you say Andy & Tommy?  Did you see them?

No I didn't, but it's going to go that way FOR SURE. LOL. #speculation :neener:

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #204 on: November 06, 2011, 08:04:48 PM »
I'm hoping the "Sorry guys, we want to win" meant it was Andy and Tommy getting U-turned.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #205 on: November 06, 2011, 08:04:54 PM »
Now I just wish... the U-TURN wasn't a Laurence and Zac moment for Ernie and Cindy. :lol:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #206 on: November 06, 2011, 08:05:07 PM »
I now see what could have happened with Laurence and Zac. But did it not even come across their minds as a possibility?!? They knew 100% sure that Jeremy and Sandy were behind them as opposed to the slim chance that Marcus and Amani who were what looked like seconds away from the U-turn had not already seen it.
Actually they don't.  Sinc ethey (like Andy & Tommy and Ernie & Cindy) went looking in the wrong spot, it means that technically Jeremy & Sandy could have finished, found the U-Turn and already left.  Seeing Amani & Marcus means that at least there is a possibility they are still behind them.

At this point (unlike when they had just completed the Detour) they don't know where Jeremy & Sandy are.

They could be gone, are still looking.  At this point they don't know.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #207 on: November 06, 2011, 08:06:47 PM »
Yeah all I heard was you guys.  And frankly you guys could mean an all male team, but it really could mean any team.  What would they call Amani & Marcus as a team?  Jeremy & Sandy, Bill & Cathi?  I think they would say you guys.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #208 on: November 06, 2011, 08:08:22 PM »
Pretty intense episode though, and surprise producers the excitement wasn't really all about the U-Turn.

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #209 on: November 06, 2011, 08:08:39 PM »
Actually they don't.  Sinc ethey (like Andy & Tommy and Ernie & Cindy) went looking in the wrong spot, it means that technically Jeremy & Sandy could have finished, found the U-Turn and already left.  Seeing Amani & Marcus means that at least there is a possibility they are still behind them.

At this point (unlike when they had just completed the Detour) they don't know where Jeremy & Sandy are.

They could be gone, are still looking.  At this point they don't know.

To me, it looked like Jeremy and Sandy were still a while behind them at the detour. Either way, I still think running into someone so close to the U-Turn and then using it on them was not the smartest thing to do in any situation.

At least they wasted it :) Since my hopes of seeing A/T gone aren't working out so well, I'll move on to hating L/Z who are just so boring. And I swear Zac's talked the least out of anybody on the race so far.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #210 on: November 06, 2011, 08:09:42 PM »
I'd say Ernie & Cindy are probably using the U-Turn on someone entirely unexpected. The obvious choice is just that: to obvious.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #211 on: November 06, 2011, 08:11:33 PM »
Yeah all I heard was you guys.  And frankly you guys could mean an all male team, but it really could mean any team.  What would they call Amani & Marcus as a team?  Jeremy & Sandy, Bill & Cathi?  I think they would say you guys.

They seemed really apologetic when they said it, so I'm thinking a team like Marcus & Amani or Bill & Cathi. I don't think it will be Andy & Tommy for that reason.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #212 on: November 06, 2011, 08:15:20 PM »
Yes it was a mistake, but I can understand why they did pick a team they did still see in the beach area.

As for Zac, I wonder if this is like Brennan from first season, or if he is just quite.

Brennan was never shown talking, Rob always talked for his team.  Well find out after the season was over Brennan was a Chatty Cathy he was just long winded took for every to get to the point.  Rob was sound bites, so that's what works best on the show, not long conversations.

But I just don't get why so many people seem to dislike Andy & Tommy.  One private religious superiority moment (thanks for keeping that private), and good relations with each other, other teams, love the locals...  Not a single harsh word from either of them.  Even there comment about the Bible was pretty tame compared to what some racers have done (and in front of others no less) about other religions and cultures.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #213 on: November 06, 2011, 08:16:49 PM »
I would call this the episode of Just Desserts.

Jennifer and that terrible mistake of waiting around.
Ernie and Cindy for not U-turning the big competition.
Marcus and Armani for never giving up and powering through that detour.

It seemed like everyone got what they deserved.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #214 on: November 06, 2011, 08:17:36 PM »
Really pretty accurate.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #215 on: November 06, 2011, 08:19:03 PM »
It wasn't DOGS!!

It is Chateau's BUNNY WABBITS!! :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #216 on: November 06, 2011, 08:19:27 PM »
I just realized the U-turn was right before the pitstop. It didn't really bother me like it has the previous times it's been like that. Maybe it's because no one was U-turned.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #217 on: November 06, 2011, 08:19:49 PM »
Ernie & Cindy better not use it on Bill & Cathi...

Seriously the best older racing team ever (do the Guidos count as older, certainly for All Stars, but season 1??).

And sure some how won legs, and some have gone further.  But this older team rocks.  And like Andy & Tommy, we haven't seen them mad, haven't seen them get angry, and they treat locals, each other and other racers great.

I love teams that do that.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #218 on: November 06, 2011, 08:20:56 PM »
Well they left a rather long, long trek from U-Turn to Pit Stop.  But yes, I really don't like the U-Turn that close to the end of the leg.  Seriously I think Season 16's U-Turn of Joe and Heidi might have been more distance to the Pit Stop.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #219 on: November 06, 2011, 08:23:55 PM »
This seems an odd choice for a U-Turn position if we are having one next leg as well? ???

There was NO hope for anyone correctly U-Turned to catch up....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #220 on: November 06, 2011, 08:32:08 PM »
This seems an odd choice for a U-Turn position if we are having one next leg as well? ???

I think it was meant for a true double U-Turn, so that two teams were racing neck and neck like Brooke & Claire vs. Chad and Stephanie
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

NoluckBoston

« Reply #221 on: November 06, 2011, 08:32:56 PM »
Well it might have given Justin and Jennifer hope. I cant imagine Bill and Cathi being able to do the other task quickly. If there were not straggler, then Peach you are right.

Online weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #222 on: November 06, 2011, 08:33:20 PM »

Maybe they set up W-turn at 5th leg and 5th leg changed to Thailand so they had to move W-turn to Malawi

Offline greenspam

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #223 on: November 06, 2011, 08:35:16 PM »
This is probably one of the worst uses of Express Pass ever!  And on top of that, Ernie and Cindy knowing that Andy and Tommy were so close behind them, didn't even use the U-turn to slow them down.  Ridiculous.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #224 on: November 06, 2011, 08:35:25 PM »
I think ANdy & Tommy would have survived a U-Turn here, based on their lead.  But for teams #4 to 7 yeah a U-Turn would have killed them.

THis is getting to be a habit with production.  U-Turns shouldn't be at the end of a leg.

Take All Stars, now of course we all knew who was going to last for the final three (and win for that matter), but that Macau leg, where Eric & Danielle start over thirty minutes after everyone, get Yielded, and still manage to get to the Matt in 2nd place before they have to wait out a 30 minute penalty from the last leg.  HAving the Yield at the beginning gives the editors this great build, this race internal of the larger race.

Putting crap at the end with little chance to overcome, is just really, really wrong.